Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-21-2004, 04:58 PM   #41
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:TROUBLE IN BIG "D" - dfw.com

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
IMHO this has been brewing for quite a while.
1. I still think dirk was PO'd when raef was traded. The only guy he has ever had that played behind him.
2. He's been sort of a non-factor most of this year. Something hasn't been right, probably that all of a sudden he has to deal with a point-forward.
3. Play all year 82 games and knucklehead nelson decides on game 70 that it's just not working, let's go somewhere else like.......Dirk is the man again.
Dude,

I really dont know about 1, but 2 and 3 are definately legitimate possibilities...

I know one thing... Heads are gonna roll!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:01 PM   #42
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have a link for this article? I can't seem to find it.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:02 PM   #43
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: TROUBLE IN BIG "D" - dfw.com

It was on DFW's website earlier today... Is it not there anymore?

Let me check!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:04 PM   #44
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I dont see it up there anymore either... Maybe they are editing the article to avoid problems!!!

After all, they never should have posted it so racy to begin with in the middle of our playoff run!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:11 PM   #45
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

There is NO way this is a legitimate article.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:11 PM   #46
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I only ask because its written by "jeff spicoli", whome I've never heard of.

Is Mr. Hand the new editor for the FWST?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 04-21-2004, 05:13 PM   #47
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Hahahaha... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I think I legitimately fooled 12 people... Including you Mary!!!

It might be 20 days late, but this is my April Fools present to cheer everyone up after a disappointing loss!!!

ENJOY!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:16 PM   #48
mary
Troll Hunter

Gee thanks. That really cheered me the "f" up.

Old 04-21-2004, 05:16 PM   #49
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Old 04-21-2004, 05:16 PM   #50
toucandave

toucandave is on a distinguished road

F you dude. How the F is your lying ass supposed to cheer anyone up. F off.
toucandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:19 PM   #51
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male22Dan
Quote:
IMHO this has been brewing for quite a while.
1. I still think dirk was PO'd when raef was traded. The only guy he has ever had that played behind him.
2. He's been sort of a non-factor most of this year. Something hasn't been right, probably that all of a sudden he has to deal with a point-forward.
3. Play all year 82 games and knucklehead nelson decides on game 70 that it's just not working, let's go somewhere else like.......Dirk is the man again.
Dude,

I really dont know about 1, but 2 and 3 are definately legitimate possibilities...

I know one thing... Heads are gonna roll!!!
I'm not sure how many folks would agree with me. But what I saw last year was Raef taking the brunt of playing against the big guys down low (as dirk didn't have to) and then he's ragged and tossed aside for a perimeter guy like walker. I know the mavs tried to get a big guy before walker, but after walker it was.....Here you go dirk, strap it up against, divac,webber,shaq, garnett,duncan... Oh by the way continue to get most of the rebounds, blocked shots and score more than anyone else too. All the while having your coach call you horrible defensively and do whatever it took to make the new point-forward comfortable. Real cluster by the nelsons and cubes.

Oh yea, and we're going to bring in some guy who can't shoot his way out of a paper-bag but shot 3 times more 3s than raef did last year.

"Yankees fans who say ā€œflags fly foreverā€™ā€™ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... Itā€™s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. Thatā€™s it and no one can say s--- about it.ā€™ā€™
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:20 PM   #52
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I thought this article would be caught automatically... I do write good though!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I will bold all of the bullshit that I assumed would be this articles' undoing!!!

Quote:
Trouble in Big ā€œDā€

By Jeff Spicoli

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Regardless of the regular season success over Sacramento, the Dallas Mavericks suffered their second straight playoff defeat late Tuesday night at the hands of the Kings.

ā€œWe are really trying to get over that road hump,ā€ said Mavericks point guard Steve Nash. ā€œWe keep fighting and clawing but we find that for some reason, at the end of games on the road, we canā€™t get it done.ā€

The Mavericks, despite terrific road records the past couple of years, finished the season 16-25 away from the American Airlines Center. It doesnā€™t take a genius to confirm that the rims at the AAC are a bit wider for the big three.

ā€œNo one understands it,ā€ said Mavericks coach Don Nelson. ā€œWe know we can win big games on the road. The games we won over Sacramento and Los Angeles earlier this year prove that we can. The problem is staying consistent. When you canā€™t depend on quality defense late in the game it makes it difficult to pull these tough ones out.ā€

When asked why Dallas didnā€™t bring in center Shawn Bradley to stop the only thing that was working offensively for the Kings, inside scoring, Nelson was quick to point out the not so obvious. ā€œBradley, despite his ability to actually get stops, simply cannot offer enough on the offensive side of the ball to keep up with the front court players for the Kings. I really would like to play him more, but for every bucket he stops, he allows three more without scoring one. How can we expect to win like that?ā€

Despite Bradleyā€™s absence, defense wasnā€™t the problem Tuesday night. The final score, 83-79, was the lowest total that the Mavericks had been held to since the sixth game of the season, a 77-71 loss to the Raptors. With the defensive woes the Mavericks have been facing this season, poor shooting is not something that is welcomed in the playoffs.

ā€œObviously scoring is rarely a problem for us,ā€ said Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki. ā€œWe do pretty well generally when it comes to knocking down shots. You look at game 2 as a wakeup call. If we would have made a few more layups or bunnies that we missed, I think we go home tied 1-1.ā€

ā€œI think at the end of games, I need to be a good bit more involved in willing our team to victory,ā€ continued Nowitzki. ā€œDespite what the play callers think, I am the leader of this team, and I should be knocking shots down when it matters most.ā€

Nowitzki was said to have deferred to Finley on the shot that was stripped by Kings forward Peja Stojakovic in the waning seconds of the game. ā€œThe play was called for Finley and thatā€™s all I have to say about that,ā€ said a frustrated Nowitzki.

Mavericks guard Michael Finley was in the same mindset when asked about the play call. ā€œWithout a doubt,ā€ said Finley. ā€œThe call was for me to drive around and try to get to the line, but when Sacramento double teamed me, I just tried to knock down a shot. Unfortunately, Peja got away with a late foul on me. We really have to do a better job in clutch situations with the game on the line if we plan on advancing to the 2nd round.ā€

Despite some of the misunderstandings in Dallas, the Mavericks are still in a good situation to come out of this home stand even to force a game 5 in Arco.

ā€œI think we will win this series ultimately,ā€ said oft-maligned forward Antoine Walker. ā€œWe are just too talented in Dallas, and with home court advantage, all we have to do is win out there.ā€

Again, despite the misunderstandings in Dallas, the Mavericks are still, well, in trouble.

1. Come on guys, JEFF SPICOLI... You should be ashamed of yourself for not knowing about Fast Times!!!
2. The Bradley comment was just special... It labeled Nellie as everything we call him...
3. Dirk would NEVER say this... For those that thought he had THAT MUCH testosterone... SORRY!
4. Dirk loves Nash and Finley and wouldnt be mad at them no matter what I think!!!
5. So many funny things in this... Double-teamed??? Please... Suppose to DRIVE... HAHAHA... WE better do better in clutch... LMAO
6. AND THEN THE GREATEST OF THEM ALL THAT EVEN MT DIDNT CATCH... Walker thought it was a 7 game series with DALLAS WITH HOME COURT ADVANTAGE... DAMN IM GOOD!!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2004, 05:22 PM   #53
mary
Troll Hunter

You're right about one thing, your name should be synonymous with Bullshit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2004, 05:22 PM   #54
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Damn...

Are you guys serious...

People have done this time and time again... I can pull up probably three or four examples of it... I made it obvious in so many different ways too... I thought it would be a quick gag, but everyone fell for it so I just kept going at first, [with HUGE smiles at the end of my comments waiting for someone to say BULLSHIT]...

God...

You guys are just mad because you got fooled... I didnt mean to make anyone mad for goodness sake!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:26 PM   #55
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Damn...

God...
I don't think God would have approved of this thread. I'm going to ask him about it later on. Hope you didn't piss him off too.

Old 04-21-2004, 05:27 PM   #56
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quality Mary... Quality indeed!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:27 PM   #57
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Dan, I enjoyed the musings even though it pissed some off. It did make you wonder if Dirk would ever get to a point of actually demanding the ball like everyone thinks he should in the last couple minutes. I bet he does at some point in his career, but who knows how long that will be.

I knew the name spicoli rang a bell, thanks for clearing it up with the fast times hint.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:28 PM   #58
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

April fool's jokes are supposed to be told on April 1st, which is April fool's day...

Sorry, guess I'm just a little mad because someone pulled this crap on me about something really serious earlier this month...

God, I wish Dirk would say something like that, though...
Old 04-21-2004, 05:29 PM   #59
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Oh Im not worried... They are just rubbed wrong because my quality writing tricked em DESPITE the obvious errors all throughout it...

I was just trying to spice up the board during a very sad time for Dallas' fans!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:30 PM   #60
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Quality Mary... Quality indeed!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/wine.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/wine.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2004, 05:30 PM   #61
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: irontoad
April fool's jokes are supposed to be told on April 1st, which is April fool's day...

Sorry, guess I'm just a little mad because someone pulled this crap on me about something really serious earlier this month...

God, I wish Dirk would say something like that, though...
Well seriously man, I didnt deserve the bashing...

Take it for what it was... A joke...

Like I said, I thought I would have been caught RIGHT off; however, post by post was people saying WOW, GO DIRK as opposed to I CALL BULLSHIT!!!

So I ran with it... You would have too!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:35 PM   #62
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

BB, Sike, Max, Mary, Dirno, MT, Iron, Richard, Dirkenstein, JayC, Dude, and Nicky!!!

All victims!!!

Seriously... Sorry guys if any took it wrong... Just having fun!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:37 PM   #63
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't even look at the byline...just wanted to believe it.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:38 PM   #64
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

A well-executed hoax. However I stand by everything I said. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say ā€œflags fly foreverā€™ā€™ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... Itā€™s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. Thatā€™s it and no one can say s--- about it.ā€™ā€™
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:39 PM   #65
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I know... Me too... Thats why I wrote it down... I was almost actually believing it during the gag after so many responses...
Old 04-21-2004, 05:41 PM   #66
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
A well-executed hoax. However I stand by everything I said. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
As you should!

I agree with you on just about everything you said minus the Dirk misses Raef stuff!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:42 PM   #67
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Hahahaha, Dan, that was hilarious. Great job with that. You had me going pretty good there, I was about to make another Nelson bash post. And you better not be bullcrappin us, sayin that it doesn't exist. Cause that would be a really good prank to just tell people it doesn't exist. In which case I would also commend you. Oh well. Go mavs.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:42 PM   #68
toucandave

toucandave is on a distinguished road

I personally still think you're a dick.
toucandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:44 PM   #69
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: toucandave
Sorry to hear that man...

But I have about 20 PMs that say TOUCHE!!!

So I will take the good with the bad!!!

Seriously man, AGAIN, didnt mean to make you mad!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:45 PM   #70
mary
Troll Hunter

Honestly, on a day like today, I believe Lloyd Christmas could've pulled a fast one on me.

Old 04-21-2004, 05:46 PM   #71
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Nah, but maybe Harry Dunne! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2004, 05:48 PM   #72
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by: toucandave

The multiple references to the male organs on this board are really starting to confuse me. Have "gonads" = good. Being a "dick" = bad. Can we get a ruling on the possession of ovum?

Old 04-21-2004, 05:48 PM   #73
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

C'mon, y'all.

Spicoli?

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:51 PM   #74
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Hahahahahaha... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I know... I know...
Old 04-21-2004, 05:52 PM   #75
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

It's cool to poke fun or make jokes about things, but irresponsible to post articles off as legit stories. Especially to let it run for so long when so many are believing what was written.

Fortunately, I saw this posted over at LMF first and noted someone figured out the Fast Times reference right off. And I had just read comments from Dirk on Finley's play from the official site post-game comments that was a 180 from this shit.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:54 PM   #76
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Irresponsible???

From this shit???

Whatever MOD!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:57 PM   #77
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Edit.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:58 PM   #78
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Your kidding right...

If not, read above!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:00 PM   #79
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fidel
Edit.
Good job though...

You found ALMOST all of the "pupose crap" in the article...

Gotta knock you for not finding spicoli, but I will let it ride!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2004, 06:00 PM   #80
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

DidnĀ“t have time to read the whole thread. Obviously you got me.

Nice one...

I wish those Dirk quotes would be true.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote