Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-23-2004, 08:03 PM   #41
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Jamison traded to Wizards (ESPNEWS)

If the Bobcats can move up to get the number 2 pick I wonder what will it take to get the number 1 from the Magic? At this point i'd rather have Okafor in here alongside Dirk then trade away our whole team to get Shaq.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2004, 08:05 PM   #42
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Stackhouse & Hughes seem to work under the salary cap. I don't think that's so bad. Stackhouse would make a good sixth man--instant scoring and Hughes would be a respectable back up point guard.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:05 PM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Man this is eerie. I only have two mavs bobbleheads. Tim Hardaway and Antawn Jamison and they've both been traded!!!

Quick someone know where I can get a Walker bobblehead!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Yeah

15 bucks aint a bad investment in the future of this team.

The only bobblehead I have is Finley. Lets hope you are the only one with the magic.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:06 PM   #44
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Jamison traded to Wizards (ESPNEWS)

Stackhouse, Hughes and 5? That's a raping. I love Hughes...Stackhouse has SOME value, as does the 5.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:08 PM   #45
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
If the Bobcats can move up to get the number 2 pick I wonder what will it take to get the number 1 from the Magic? At this point i'd rather have Okafor in here alongside Dirk then trade away our whole team to get Shaq.
Agreed.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:08 PM   #46
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Get Stack out of here fast. We damn near took Stackhouse and Larry Hughes off of their hands. You mean to tell me we couldn't get this same deal for Walker?

1996-2005
Old 06-23-2004, 08:09 PM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Get Stack out of here fast. We damn near took Stackhouse and Larry Hughes off of their hands. You mean to tell me we couldn't get this same deal for Walker?
We overpaid big time for the draft pick. BIG TIME.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:09 PM   #48
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: SeriousSummer
Stackhouse & Hughes seem to work under the salary cap. I don't think that's so bad. Stackhouse would make a good sixth man--instant scoring and Hughes would be a respectable back up point guard.
If we're getting Stackhouse, we better be moving him...he's one of the most selfish players in the league and he's not coming off the bench.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:10 PM   #49
dashthemavfan13

dashthemavfan13 is on a distinguished road

Hughes did good last year as well, averaged 19ppg.
dashthemavfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:10 PM   #50
Josh

Josh is on a distinguished road

ESPN just said officially Stack/Laettner #5 for Jamison
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:10 PM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine the Mavs will hold on to Daniels, Howard, Stackhouse, AND Finley.
Aren't one maybe two of them gone?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:11 PM   #52
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I'm hoping Stackhouse and the 5 are sent with other pieces in a larger trade and Hughes becomes the backup PG/SG.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:12 PM   #53
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Man this is eerie. I only have two mavs bobbleheads. Tim Hardaway and Antawn Jamison and they've both been traded!!!

Quick someone know where I can get a Walker bobblehead!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Yeah

15 bucks aint a bad investment in the future of this team.

The only bobblehead I have is Finley. Lets hope you are the only one with the magic.
I can't pull the trigger! It has to be a mavs bobblehead I think?? Oh I don't know, I don't know. Maybe I should buy it now just for insurance. It's probably worth the try. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:13 PM   #54
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Selfish? Not coming off the bench? Didn't everyone say the same thing about Nick?

In a Sixth Man/Scorer you want somebody to come out and shoot the ball.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:13 PM   #55
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Stack/Laettner/5?

What good does that do? I think we're giving up on Shaq and going for TMac.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:15 PM   #56
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Let me go on record as saying that I hate Stackhouse more than I hated Walker.

Hughes is a stupider pointman than Stevie Franchise. He's one of those myriad SG/SFs that were drafted from college even though they were short and had no PG skills. Someone hoped they could make him into a Point because he's only 6-5. The experiment in Golden State failed. Hughes is a very average SG, who is an average defender, a 3-point shooter on par with Walker, and a passer on par with Olowakandi
Old 06-23-2004, 08:16 PM   #57
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I can't imagine the Mavs will hold on to Daniels, Howard, Stackhouse, AND Finley.
Aren't one maybe two of them gone?
hopefully the two newest members, and maybe Finley for something big.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:17 PM   #58
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

So we want another go around with Laettner? I don't mind Laettner but now the Mavs have 2 players I want gone and that's Stack and Walker. These guys aren't going anywhere and I don't see how Stackhouse would have any trade value. Would it be impossible to do a Stackhouse and our number 5 for Grant Hill and the Magics number 1? I can't believe the Mavs took Stack on.

1996-2005
Old 06-23-2004, 08:18 PM   #59
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Josh
ESPN just said officially Stack/Laettner #5 for Jamison
Well it's official. We traded a man in his prime for two old guys, and a draft pick.

Laettner is alright but doesnt have much in him. Stack is a cancer who is beyond his prime.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:18 PM   #60
toucandave

toucandave is on a distinguished road

how soon can we send our new players packing? do we have to wait 60 days?
toucandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:19 PM   #61
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: SeriousSummer
Selfish? Not coming off the bench? Didn't everyone say the same thing about Nick?

In a Sixth Man/Scorer you want somebody to come out and shoot the ball.
Nick was at the point where he was so tired of losing that he would accept any role. Maybe Stackhouse is too, I don't know, but it's not ofter you catch lightning in a bottle twice.

Old 06-23-2004, 08:19 PM   #62
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:

Hughes is a stupider pointman than Stevie Franchise. He's one of those myriad SG/SFs that were drafted from college even though they were short and had no PG skills. Someone hoped they could make him into a Point because he's only 6-5. The experiment in Dallas failed. Hughes is a very average SG, who is an average defender, a 3-point shooter on par with Walker, and a passer on par with Olowakandi
With Walker I atleast know i'm getting rebounding. I'm not sure waht in the hell i'm getting with Stack. Is this suppose to be the Mavs new Van Exel? Get him out of here immediately.

1996-2005
Old 06-23-2004, 08:21 PM   #63
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:

Hughes is a stupider pointman than Stevie Franchise. He's one of those myriad SG/SFs that were drafted from college even though they were short and had no PG skills. Someone hoped they could make him into a Point because he's only 6-5. The experiment in Dallas failed. Hughes is a very average SG, who is an average defender, a 3-point shooter on par with Walker, and a passer on par with Olowakandi
I think you meant "more stupid." Ironic, eh?

Anyway...Hughes is 24 years old and averaged 19 pts a game last year. He's always been on slow it down, crappy eastern teams where he either got sporadic touches or had no support. Hughes, IMO, would flourish on the Mavs. He's an open court type of player with a good outside shot. You settle him down a bit and you're looking at NVE type production from the bench.

Anyway, doesn't matter I guess...since we got Stack and Laet.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:21 PM   #64
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Stack won't play a game for the Mavs. He has a big salary and is coming off an injury. I can't see him having high trade value.

This trade was made for two reasons

1) Dallas really likes a player early in the draft (probably the big Russian) and couldn't pass up the opportunity.

2)somehow this moves improves the package they are offering to the Lakers.

I would have to say option one is the more likely. The beauty of this trade is the Mavs can take the big kid and then see if the shaq trade develops. The roster is a little more balanced so they can wait out the trade.

I really like Jamison. I will miss watching him on the Mavs. Lets see what develops though.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:22 PM   #65
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Nick was at the point where he was so tired of losing that he would accept any role. Maybe Stackhouse is too, I don't know, but it's not ofter you catch lightning in a bottle twice.
trying to re-create the magic of 2002-2003? Moronic.
trying to re-create 2003-2004? Beyond imagination.

We better be either

using the pick to grab a C, SF, or true PG (not a point center or point forward or point anything but guard)
or
trading at lesat one player we received and the pick for something else.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:23 PM   #66
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

edit
Old 06-23-2004, 08:23 PM   #67
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Mavs to deal Jamison to Wizards; move could precede deal for Shaq
Cuban says Nowitzki will not be included in deal for O'Neal

08:17 PM CDT on Wednesday, June 23, 2004

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

The first dominoes that could eventually lead to Shaquille O'Neal have begun to fall.

The Mavericks on Wednesday evening were putting the final touches on a trade that would send Antawn Jamison to the Washington Wizards for Jerry Stackhouse, Christian Laettner and the No. 5 pick in tonight's NBA draft.

Two NBA sources confirmed the pieces of the trade, and both suggested that the Mavericks likely would be moving at least one of the incoming assets and probably two of them. Both sources said it is unlikely that Stackhouse would ever wear a Mavericks uniform.

It's safe to assume the club is angling for another deal, perhaps before the draft. And any trade that the Mavericks make could be with a bigger picture in mind.

Owner Mark Cuban would not comment about trade possibilities, but did disclose that the Mavericks would, in no way, trade Dirk Nowitzki to obtain O'Neal.

"That would be accurate," he said.

The deal with Washington is subject to approval by the NBA office.

Jamison, the reigning sixth man of the year, has been the object of the Wizards' affection since at least the middle of last season. As recently as three weeks ago, when personnel directors were in Europe for a tournament, the Wizards inquired about Jamison.

In Stackhouse, the Mavericks are getting a nine-year veteran who is a career 20-point scorer. Of more importance is the fact that his contract expires after next season, when he will earn $7 million.

Laettner is in a similar situation. He earns $6.187 million next season, then is a free agent.

With Antoine Walker also in the final year of his contract, the Mavericks would be rich with prime contracts that would open up plenty of salary-cap space in 2005, assuming the trade goes through.

That could be an enticement for the Lakers as they weigh offers for O'Neal, who requested a trade last week and reiterated that demand early this week.

Clearly, the Mavericks have designs on pairing Nowitzki and O'Neal, which is why Cuban made it clear that Nowitzki is not going to be dealt in any O'Neal scenario.

The Mavericks continued working the phone lines well into the night Wednesday, and there were rumblings throughout the league that they would not necessarily be drafting at No. 5 for themselves. They have had an interest in 7-4 Pavel Podkolzine, but he is not considered good enough to take any higher than 10th in the draft.

The possible trade came at the conclusion of a busy day for the Mavericks. One report had Nowitzki and Steve Nash being offered to the Lakers for O'Neal. "False, that's all I can say," said Cuban.

Not only did that rumor not make sense because it included Nowitzki, but it also failed to take into account that Nash would have to be re-signed by the Mavericks before being moved on.

In that event, he would become a base-year compensation player, meaning his value in trades would only be $6 million, his salary from last season. That would significantly complicate what already figures to be a convoluted process.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:24 PM   #68
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
1 entry found for stupider.
stu·pid ( P ) Pronunciation Key (stpd, sty-)
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

Even more ironic that you "corrected" me.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:24 PM   #69
dashthemavfan13

dashthemavfan13 is on a distinguished road

From Eddie Sefko..

"The Mavericks on Wednesday evening were putting the final touches on a trade that would send Antawn Jamison to the Washington Wizards for Jerry Stackhouse, Christian Laettner and the No. 5 pick in tonight's NBA draft.

Two NBA sources confirmed the pieces of the trade, and both suggested that the Mavericks likely would be moving at least one of the incoming assets and probably two of them. Both sources said it is unlikely that Stackhouse would ever wear a Mavericks uniform. "
dashthemavfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:25 PM   #70
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Goodness..., Laettner + Stack + Walker ='s alot of soon to expire contracts.
When do Stack and L8's contracts expire?
Old 06-23-2004, 08:25 PM   #71
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chicago JK
Stack won't play a game for the Mavs. He has a big salary and is coming off an injury. I can't see him having high trade value.

This trade was made for two reasons

1) Dallas really likes a player early in the draft (probably the big Russian) and couldn't pass up the opportunity.

2)somehow this moves improves the package they are offering to the Lakers.

I would have to say option one is the more likely. The beauty of this trade is the Mavs can take the big kid and then see if the shaq trade develops. The roster is a little more balanced so they can wait out the trade.

I really like Jamison. I will miss watching him on the Mavs. Lets see what develops though.
I want to take back my statement. I have no idea what we are planning. Maybe Walker and 5 for HIll and number 1??? Who knows. Should be entertaining.

Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:27 PM   #72
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
1 entry found for stupider.
stu·pid ( P ) Pronunciation Key (stpd, sty-)
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.
My bad Erica...don't I feel stupider than dirt now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2004, 08:27 PM   #73
Murphy3
Guru

edit
Old 06-23-2004, 08:28 PM   #74
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Stack/Laettner/5?

This Works

TMac
Hill

for

Walker
Howard
Stackhouse
Laettner
#5 Pick

Both Walker and Laettner have 1 yr remaining on their contracts. They also end up with The #1 & #5 picks.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:28 PM   #75
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I need to fire up photoshop to visually depict the Laettner-Nelson man-love.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:30 PM   #76
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Goodness..., Laettner + Stack + Walker ='s alot of soon to expire contracts.
When do Stack and L8's contracts expire?
If memory serves me correctly, I believe they both have a year left.

Stackhouse has 3 years left
Old 06-23-2004, 08:31 PM   #77
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
If memory serves me correctly, I believe they both have a year left.
Atlanta
Phoenix
Cleveland
Boston
New York
Clippers
Lakers (?)

and now Dallas is rebuilding??
Old 06-23-2004, 08:32 PM   #78
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs413
Quote:
Stack/Laettner/5?

This Works

TMac
Hill

for

Walker
Howard
Stackhouse
Laettner
#5 Pick

Both Walker and Laettner have 1 yr remaining on their contracts. They also end up with The #1 & #5 picks.
Now that's a deal I'd go for. I would obviously love to have Shaq, but this deal would be great if you ask me. I can see Orlando doing it as well. They get TWO young studs with the draft picks that they can build on and they'll have a TON of cap room the following summer. I now think a deal with Orlando is much more likely than one with Los Angeles.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:33 PM   #79
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Stackhouse has 3 years left
*gag*

*then gags on the taste of bile*
Old 06-23-2004, 08:33 PM   #80
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

See what you miss when you take a late nap after cleaning all day?

I stand corrected because I really thought the Mavs would do a lot of talking but not produce much. I believe this trade was for something else, but I'm not even going to begin to guess what. Tomorrow should be exciting.

I thought there was a 48 hour period where we could make another trade otherwise we have to wait 60 days? Can someone explain that?