Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-05-2002, 10:00 PM   #41
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, dirk kinda exploded with 8 quick points..why the hell is he not the focal point of the offense at all in the second or the third period?
fin, dirk and nash..the offensive focal point should rarely, if ever, wander from that
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2002, 10:01 PM   #42
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Murph, amazing though eh? Dirk not **involved** at all in the 3rd... we blow the f*cking lead.

He gets involved in the 4th... we reassert the lead. Coincidence? If you think it is then see my post about Dee Kantor.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 10:05 PM   #43
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< I sit down to enjoy a nice Mavs game. We have a nice lead, it looks comfortable.

Then BOOM! The Pacers explode on us. ARGHH!
>>

Of course when I sit down to post this - BOOM! The Mavs explode all over the pacers.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 10:06 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

right as i'm posting about dirk not posting up..he posts up and nash drives and dirk gets an easy look..
it's not that hard..it really isn't
Old 02-05-2002, 10:08 PM   #45
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Could anybody post an update for me please? Courtside live is screwed, even the normal html updates on nba.com don´t work anymore.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 10:09 PM   #46
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I wish Donnie was coaching - we would spend less time trying to exploit our opponents and spend more time forcing them to try to stop us.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:10 PM   #47
MFFL
Guru

<< Could anybody post an update for me please? Courtside live is screwed, even the normal html updates on nba.com don´t work anymore. >>

Try http://www.sportsline.com/nba/

Old 02-05-2002, 10:10 PM   #48
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

112-108...Howard called for traveling...they hit a 3
Old 02-05-2002, 10:10 PM   #49
Murphy3
Guru

why the hell does juwan get posted up instead of dirk being posted up or fin taking a shot?
Old 02-05-2002, 10:11 PM   #50
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

MFFL sportsline is screwed also. I think they are all fed from the same source.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:12 PM   #51
Fidel
Diamond Member

Thanks big_pth.
Are we up by 4 or what?
Old 02-05-2002, 10:13 PM   #52
MFFL
Guru

<< why the hell does juwan get posted up instead of dirk being posted up or fin taking a shot? >>

I don't know what Nellie thinks. He's seeing something he likes with Juwan in the game right now - I'd have Bradley or Griffin in there for defense.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:13 PM   #53
Murphy3
Guru

dirk fouled...timeout called.
he'll be at the line for two

mffl, that's exactly why i've talked about wanting little nellie as the coach..not because i don't like don..it's just that donnie will simply put dirk on the low block and force the other team to stop the mavs top player...
don nelson does more to stop the mavs offense at times than the opposing defense does..i guess it goes hand in hand with the matchup problems he creates..
well, it's scary how good this team would be offensively if they focused on posting dirk up and creating more offense off of that
Old 02-05-2002, 10:14 PM   #54
MFFL
Guru

<< MFFL sportsline is screwed also. I think they are all fed from the same source. >>

Mavericks
Pacers 112
108 4th
3:00

from Sportsline just a moment ago.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:14 PM   #55
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

<< why the hell does juwan get posted up instead of dirk being posted up or fin taking a shot? >>

Because everyone knows Howard is our number 1 option on offense.

Forget about him taking the shot. Why in the hell is he even on the floor at the point in the game?
Old 02-05-2002, 10:15 PM   #56
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

116-110 Dallas 1:46
Old 02-05-2002, 10:16 PM   #57
big_pth
Diamond Member

118-112 tim-bug bombs a long 2
Old 02-05-2002, 10:16 PM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

i'm sorry to anyone that is a finley apologist or anyone else..but dirk should be the guy that the defense is forced to stop.. the mavs need don nelson to quit stopping dirk
Old 02-05-2002, 10:17 PM   #59
big_pth
Diamond Member

118-112 1:17...Reggie Miller at the line
Old 02-05-2002, 10:17 PM   #60
Fidel
Diamond Member

<< from Sportsline just a moment ago. >>

I know MFFL, but everything else besides the score is screwed. I was following online and right after the start of the 4th evrything went down. But you guys keep me up to date, thanks Murph.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:17 PM   #61
Fidel
Diamond Member

and thanks big_pth.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:18 PM   #62
MFFL
Guru

<< the mavs need don nelson to quit stopping dirk >>

This is beginning to sound like the quip I read a long time ago. Who was the only man who could hold Jordan under 20 points - Dean Smith.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:18 PM   #63
LAC-HocusPocus
Banned

LAC-HocusPocus is on a distinguished road

you got it all figured out huh murph? finley is hot tonight and should be the go to guy
LAC-HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 10:19 PM   #64
big_pth
Diamond Member

118-113 with 42.1 left on the clock...Jalen Rose will shoot two after a Griffin foul. Finley missed on the other end...
Old 02-05-2002, 10:19 PM   #65
MFFL
Guru

<< Why in the hell is he even on the floor at the point in the game? >>

FINALLY - Griffin comes in for Juwan.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:19 PM   #66
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

That shot by Hardaway was a perfect example of why the offense needs to go through Dirk more often. Dirk is not a great passer, though he's getting better, but he is *such* an offensive threat that if the other team just thinks he is going to get the ball it disorients their defense and opens things up for everyone else. The same thing happened with Hardaway's 3-pointer after Dirk's 8-point outburst. The mere fact that the ball might be passed to Dirk left Timmy open.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 10:20 PM   #67
Murphy3
Guru

damnet
what in the hell are the mavs doing
dirk, 4 shots in the freaking quarter for 10 points.
what in the hell is their problem?

why aren't fin and dirk getting the shots down the stretch?
Old 02-05-2002, 10:20 PM   #68
big_pth
Diamond Member

118-115 with 16.3 pacers ball...Dirk coughed it up...
Old 02-05-2002, 10:21 PM   #69
Murphy3
Guru

LAC, i've said probably 4-5 times in this thread that dirk and fin should be getting shots.
so don't try and start shit
Old 02-05-2002, 10:21 PM   #70
big_pth
Diamond Member

pacers time out to set up a shot...probably gonna get miller to take it...though they have been hot from the 3 tonight...don't look good...
Old 02-05-2002, 10:21 PM   #71
Murphy3
Guru

let's hope they can pull this one off
Old 02-05-2002, 10:22 PM   #72
big_pth
Diamond Member

here we go
Old 02-05-2002, 10:22 PM   #73
big_pth
Diamond Member

118-117 w/ 10.7 left...Nash to the line...
Old 02-05-2002, 10:22 PM   #74
Bayliss

With about 25 seconds left do we go to Dirk in the post? Nope

They go to a pick and roll which leaves Dirk exposed because he's trying to post about 20 feet away w/o good spacing.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:22 PM   #75
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say right now is...welcome back Fin. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

So nice to see that he remembers how to score. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2002, 10:23 PM   #76
big_pth
Diamond Member

119-117 nash hits first
Old 02-05-2002, 10:23 PM   #77
Murphy3
Guru

if i'm the pacers, i think with 17 seconds left..i shoot the three.. i don't take the two and then foul nash..he's gonna make both..now the pacers will have less time to get a good shot to tie
Old 02-05-2002, 10:23 PM   #78
big_pth
Diamond Member

120-117 with 10.7...Nash hits both...Pacer's ball...Again...Got to love this kind of game...
Old 02-05-2002, 10:25 PM   #79
big_pth
Diamond Member

Here we go...
Old 02-05-2002, 10:25 PM   #80
Murphy3
Guru

that's awesome...they were playing one of the songs from the Hoosiers movie in the stadium...awesome movie..just bought it on dvd