Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-07-2002, 11:15 PM   #41
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

6 mins left, up by 15. Lets see some stick-man!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2002, 11:16 PM   #42
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

If the Mavs shot free throws to a normal percentage it would also be a blowout.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 11:17 PM   #43
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

34 for dirk....as well as he's shooting, he should have scored 40 tonight
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 11:18 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the bad thing for toronto is, is that they are actually playing good tonight
Old 03-07-2002, 11:19 PM   #45
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

They're only shooting a little above .400 tonight and Carter has been largely neutralized - I don't know if they can win many games playing like that.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:21 PM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

however, they've played a pretty good game..no, not shooting that well but the mavs have played pretty good defense tonight..besides some lapses on the inside early...and a few to many open outside looks
Old 03-07-2002, 11:25 PM   #47
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of days ago I said:

<< &quot;I think he's a great player but I wish he'd leave the &quot;classic lay-up&quot; to 6'0&quot; guards who can't touch the net. Hello Dirk? You are a 7'0&quot; with mad game. Break the f*cking rim off the backboard when you are a foot away from the hoop.&quot; >>

Do you think Dirk reads Dallas-Mavs.com? It sure looks like he took my advice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 11:33 PM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

actually, i really don't think there was a problem to begin with
Old 03-07-2002, 11:35 PM   #49
MFFL
Guru

The Mavs now have 43 wins - tops in the NBA!

GO MAVS!
Old 03-07-2002, 11:47 PM   #50
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

I don't like Dale Hansen that much, but occasionally he speaks the truth.

During the 10 oclock sports he said &quot;Bradley gets dunked on, let's give him some more money&quot;

That was so hilarious......guess you had to be there lol
Old 03-07-2002, 11:51 PM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

dale hansen is too much of a smart-ass for a guy on the 10 o'clock news. he wouldn't give bradley credit if he had to...
no, bradley hasn't played well this year..but it's not like he gave bradley any credit last year when he was playing well
Old 03-07-2002, 11:52 PM   #52
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Woo-Hoo. Good win for the Mavs. Good play from all.

Fin 8-17, 8-10, 1-2, 25pts, 4rbs, 6as, 1stl, 0to

Dirk 13-20, 7-9, 2-4, 35pts, 5rbs (?), 2stl, 2blks, 1to

Nash 7-10, 3-3, 2-2, 19pts, 4rbs, 15as

Raef 6-8, 1-1, 13pts, 5rbs, 3blks

Najera 1-1, 1-2, 3pts, 7rbs

Bradley 3-3, 1-1, 7pts, 1rb, 1blk

Great games from the big 3, excellent contributions from Raef, Najera, NVE, Newman and Bradley surprisingly.

**Speaking of Bradley**

Barkley, I was surprised, said he respected Bradley cause he goes after everything and he will get dunked on for it. That he hates when those big guys just put their arms straight up hoping for something to happen. But, he respects Bradley for going after everything.

I was surprised by that comment. Especially since Barkley doesn't think we'll beat the Lakers and wonders if we can even beat the Kings??

Old 03-07-2002, 11:54 PM   #53
Murphy3
Guru

nice to see the offense clicking
Old 03-08-2002, 12:38 AM   #54
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

It's eating me alive to know what it is that Dirk has been saying to himself on the court as of late. He looks like a man driven, reaching into the depths of who knows what. I have noticed he has been talking to himself alot on the court. Watch him, everytime the camera catches him after a shot, he makes or doesn't,it appears he is having a conversation with himself. I wonder if he speaks English or German or the court? Hey, what a thought, we could realistically cuss out the refs in how many languages? And they wouldn't even know it.

Whatever, it seems to be working. Great game!
Old 03-08-2002, 12:39 AM   #55
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all of those updates guys!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 12:42 AM   #56
OzDirkFan

OzDirkFan is on a distinguished road

Yeah Murph. If they could work toward playing defense twice as hard, we really could be dangerous in the playoff. What am I talking about? We'll win the whole thing if our defense is halfway decent.
Old 03-08-2002, 12:46 AM   #57
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Crazy stat for tonight. Had the mavs hit just on more 3 pointer they would have shot better from 3 than from the foul line.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 02:41 AM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

something people haven't said anything about is nash having 19 points and 15 assists (i think)
Old 03-08-2002, 03:02 AM   #59
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

That was, perhaps, Nash's best game ever IMO. He shot well from the floor, played solid D, and directed the Mavs offense to the tune of 15 dimes. Good job Stevie.
Old 03-08-2002, 03:04 AM   #60
Murphy3
Guru

i guess he handed out a buck fifty

what's the deal with calling them dimes..where did that come from?
Old 03-08-2002, 10:13 AM   #61
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

<< what's the deal with calling them dimes..where did that come from? >>

not completely sure on this, but I think it is like when a bum asks you for any change. &quot;hey buddy, can you spare a dime?&quot; Dropping him a &quot;dime&quot; is helping him out, or assisting him. I heard that some time ago, so I might techincally be wrong, but it sounds good to me.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote