Lonely PSU Mavs Fan

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Vetern Christie Weighing Future with Mavs

Quote:
Originally posted by: Joey
Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
I'm becoming pretty confident that Christie will be the Mavs main off-season acquisition. It's not a bad pick up. I just wish we could address that backup center position first.
I'm afraid of that, too, ape. Christie by himself is a solid addition but not enough. Christie combined with Mutombo meets all needs the team has except a top notch starting SG.
Seems to me that if they waive Fin every body wants him. So if they don't waive Fin then we have a very high notch SG right? Picking up Christie and Deke and not losing Fin is a good offseason then right?
Fin is a top notch SG at $5M a year, but not $17M. That is why everybody wants him.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:27 AM   #42
Lonely PSU Mavs Fan

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Joey
Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
I'm becoming pretty confident that Christie will be the Mavs main off-season acquisition. It's not a bad pick up. I just wish we could address that backup center position first.
I'm afraid of that, too, ape. Christie by himself is a solid addition but not enough. Christie combined with Mutombo meets all needs the team has except a top notch starting SG.
Seems to me that if they waive Fin every body wants him. So if they don't waive Fin then we have a very high notch SG right? Picking up Christie and Deke and not losing Fin is a good offseason then right?
Fin is a top notch SG at $5M a year, but not $17M. That is why everybody wants him.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:33 AM   #43
kappasigma

kappasigma will become famous soon enough

I still think the mavs need to add some kind of a shooter (2/3). hopefully Q will fill that role, but his shot is exactly smooth at times
Old 08-11-2005, 10:33 AM   #44
kappasigma

kappasigma will become famous soon enough

I still think the mavs need to add some kind of a shooter (2/3). hopefully Q will fill that role, but his shot is exactly smooth at times
Old 08-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #45
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinylstar
I can't watch Christie throw gang signs to his wife all year. I'm returning my season tix if this happens.
*sigh*....what if he brings tough D and an overall good option at the 2?....is your loyalty so weak?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #46
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinylstar
I can't watch Christie throw gang signs to his wife all year. I'm returning my season tix if this happens.
*sigh*....what if he brings tough D and an overall good option at the 2?....is your loyalty so weak?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 08-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #47
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

This would be great for the team. It is another positive step in the defensive direction. My only hope is that we can maximize the rest of the MLE to sign either Deke or Stephen Hunter.

If those two things occur, this will have been a productive summer regardless of what comes out of the Finley situation.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #48
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

This would be great for the team. It is another positive step in the defensive direction. My only hope is that we can maximize the rest of the MLE to sign either Deke or Stephen Hunter.

If those two things occur, this will have been a productive summer regardless of what comes out of the Finley situation.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:39 AM   #49
terrorist_supporter

terrorist_supporter is on a distinguished road

joke, right?
terrorist_supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:39 AM   #50
terrorist_supporter

terrorist_supporter is on a distinguished road

joke, right?
terrorist_supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:41 AM   #51
sike
The Preacha

Default RE: Vetern Christie Weighing Future with Mavs

Quote:
terrorist_supporter
have a great explination or leave.

Old 08-11-2005, 11:41 AM   #52
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
terrorist_supporter
have a great explination or leave.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:00 PM   #53
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

How's come he hopes to sign a contract next week, but he won't do anything until he visits, and he won't visit until the 22nd?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:00 PM   #54
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

How's come he hopes to sign a contract next week, but he won't do anything until he visits, and he won't visit until the 22nd?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:14 PM   #55
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

good addition at a reasonable price. I think we can still get hunter at 2 mil. the suns offer is at 1.6 and he is still talking to them so I dont think his market is that high.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:14 PM   #56
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

good addition at a reasonable price. I think we can still get hunter at 2 mil. the suns offer is at 1.6 and he is still talking to them so I dont think his market is that high.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:23 PM   #57
echo

echo is on a distinguished road

Interesting. Several people earlier mentioned Mutombo for the MLE and I wasn't so thrilled, but with everyone coming off the board I'm willing to give him half of the MLE as I do think he could help DJ and the Mavs in the playoffs. Of course he isn't the athletic guy the Mavs have been talking about.

And I'm okay with Christie too, but why $3 million? He's getting paid anyway. That said it's so close to the 15th that we may as well wait until we see everybody who is released before making any decisions.
echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:23 PM   #58
echo

Interesting. Several people earlier mentioned Mutombo for the MLE and I wasn't so thrilled, but with everyone coming off the board I'm willing to give him half of the MLE as I do think he could help DJ and the Mavs in the playoffs. Of course he isn't the athletic guy the Mavs have been talking about.

And I'm okay with Christie too, but why $3 million? He's getting paid anyway. That said it's so close to the 15th that we may as well wait until we see everybody who is released before making any decisions.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:29 PM   #59
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
That part confused me as well.

I wonder what sights they'll be checking out besides the AAC. Will Mrs. Chrisite want to check out the shopping at the Galleria? Does she know this is the strip club capital of the United States? Will she demand to see next year's Mavs Dancer squad? Will she want to make sure MavsMan is not really a MavsWoman underneath that suit? Will somebody warn her about the scores of ample, augmented boobs that will be occupying the Club Level seats on game night?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:29 PM   #60
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
That part confused me as well.

I wonder what sights they'll be checking out besides the AAC. Will Mrs. Chrisite want to check out the shopping at the Galleria? Does she know this is the strip club capital of the United States? Will she demand to see next year's Mavs Dancer squad? Will she want to make sure MavsMan is not really a MavsWoman underneath that suit? Will somebody warn her about the scores of ample, augmented boobs that will be occupying the Club Level seats on game night?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 08-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #61
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I sort of glimpse through this thread and I think V2M might've brought it up but why in the hell are we giving him 3 million? I thought this guy was a free agent that we were trying ot obtain. He's been cut by the Magic so he will still see his 8 million. No part of our mid-level exception should be used to get such a question mark. I'm telling you guys right now that there are going to be a lot of guys outt here who will get cut who can come in and contribute for the Mavs right now and we should try to put off on using that mid-level as much as we can. We give Christie 3 mill and that leaves us with how much of our mid-level? Is it 4.9 or 5.9 this year?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #62
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I sort of glimpse through this thread and I think V2M might've brought it up but why in the hell are we giving him 3 million? I thought this guy was a free agent that we were trying ot obtain. He's been cut by the Magic so he will still see his 8 million. No part of our mid-level exception should be used to get such a question mark. I'm telling you guys right now that there are going to be a lot of guys outt here who will get cut who can come in and contribute for the Mavs right now and we should try to put off on using that mid-level as much as we can. We give Christie 3 mill and that leaves us with how much of our mid-level? Is it 4.9 or 5.9 this year?

1996-2005
Old 08-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #63
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Dikembe would be the best move we could hope for through free agency...that dude STILL has game.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #64
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Dikembe would be the best move we could hope for through free agency...that dude STILL has game.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #65
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark

Yea i'm not trying to bash Christie here or say he's done because I rarely saw him last season if at all but does he have anything at all left in the tank? I thought after last season he would retire. I'm about to hop on the Mutombo bandwaggon as well. I don't see how any Mavs fan can't after his showing against us in the first round. May have been the best center on the floor for both teams.

1996-2005
Old 08-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #66
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:

Yea i'm not trying to bash Christie here or say he's done because I rarely saw him last season if at all but does he have anything at all left in the tank? I thought after last season he would retire. I'm about to hop on the Mutombo bandwaggon as well. I don't see how any Mavs fan can't after his showing against us in the first round. May have been the best center on the floor for both teams.

1996-2005
Old 08-11-2005, 12:36 PM   #67
snoop

By DWAIN PRICE

STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

Christie would also replace Michael Finley, whom the Mavs are expected to waive by Monday, barring an unexpected trade

that is the first thing I have heard from the dallas media that a trade in "UNEXPECTED". They have told us about trades on the table and that mike was wanted in the form of a trade. I know we are going to lose fin but with no comp. on a back to back year with nash is not a good thing. As many times as i sat there cusing fin out through my tv I will be sad when this day comes regardless of any comp we do or don't get. Fin was a great player for this team for a long time and i for one will greatly miss him.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:36 PM   #68
snoop

By DWAIN PRICE

STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

Christie would also replace Michael Finley, whom the Mavs are expected to waive by Monday, barring an unexpected trade

that is the first thing I have heard from the dallas media that a trade in "UNEXPECTED". They have told us about trades on the table and that mike was wanted in the form of a trade. I know we are going to lose fin but with no comp. on a back to back year with nash is not a good thing. As many times as i sat there cusing fin out through my tv I will be sad when this day comes regardless of any comp we do or don't get. Fin was a great player for this team for a long time and i for one will greatly miss him.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #69
mary
Troll Hunter

I assume whoever his going to our starting SG next year will be "replacing" Finley. Christie will simply be a nice back-up, but I don't see how he replaces any of the things we lose WHEN Fin is released.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #70
mary
Troll Hunter

I assume whoever his going to our starting SG next year will be "replacing" Finley. Christie will simply be a nice back-up, but I don't see how he replaces any of the things we lose WHEN Fin is released.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:45 PM   #71
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
If Avery is going to play half court ball, then Mutombo could compete with Dampier for the starting job and in the process, make Dampier a better player.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:45 PM   #72
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
If Avery is going to play half court ball, then Mutombo could compete with Dampier for the starting job and in the process, make Dampier a better player.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:46 PM   #73
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
What happened to using the MLE to get Steven Hunter? Apparently I haven't been keeping up lately.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:46 PM   #74
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
What happened to using the MLE to get Steven Hunter? Apparently I haven't been keeping up lately.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #75
echo

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
It's just replacing offense with defense. I'm not opposed to bringing Christie in, but not to start. I'm assuming Stackhouse will be the starter, something that I think the Mavs would have done this year even if Finley remained. Now if Christie is going to be a major rotation guy what does this do to Daniels? I realize I'm in the minority here but I still think Marquis has game. I want him to be at worst the #2 SG this year. If not why keep him? If the Mavs opinion of him is low then by all means trade him. Burying him this season won't help his trade value.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #76
echo

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
It's just replacing offense with defense. I'm not opposed to bringing Christie in, but not to start. I'm assuming Stackhouse will be the starter, something that I think the Mavs would have done this year even if Finley remained. Now if Christie is going to be a major rotation guy what does this do to Daniels? I realize I'm in the minority here but I still think Marquis has game. I want him to be at worst the #2 SG this year. If not why keep him? If the Mavs opinion of him is low then by all means trade him. Burying him this season won't help his trade value.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #77
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

dirno - I agree with you. It's going to take more than $2mm to get Mutombo here. I think Dallas should offer Mutombo a 2 year MLE deal and try and convince Christie to take vet minimum. Because of the offset, Christie only stands to make $1.68 million even on a $3 million deal. Christie won't make a whole lot more by taking more than the vet minimum, and frankly I view Mutombo as an absolute necessity and Christie as a luxury at this point.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #78
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

dirno - I agree with you. It's going to take more than $2mm to get Mutombo here. I think Dallas should offer Mutombo a 2 year MLE deal and try and convince Christie to take vet minimum. Because of the offset, Christie only stands to make $1.68 million even on a $3 million deal. Christie won't make a whole lot more by taking more than the vet minimum, and frankly I view Mutombo as an absolute necessity and Christie as a luxury at this point.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:11 PM   #79
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I agree with KG about the pursuit of Deke. I've always sort of viewd him as a longshot to come here, but I'd love to have him. He's still one of the best post defenders and rebounders in the league without question. I wish I thought it was more realistic to get him...

As for Christie, I've been on this bandwagon for a while. I don't see a downside. He knows how to play, and he can do a lot of things to help a team. He takes a lot of grief about his family life, and I'll be the first to say that I don't know anything about his home life. But I think it's actually kind of cool that he puts his family first, and that he loves his wife.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:11 PM   #80
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I agree with KG about the pursuit of Deke. I've always sort of viewd him as a longshot to come here, but I'd love to have him. He's still one of the best post defenders and rebounders in the league without question. I wish I thought it was more realistic to get him...

As for Christie, I've been on this bandwagon for a while. I don't see a downside. He knows how to play, and he can do a lot of things to help a team. He takes a lot of grief about his family life, and I'll be the first to say that I don't know anything about his home life. But I think it's actually kind of cool that he puts his family first, and that he loves his wife.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote