Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-21-2006, 10:01 PM   #41
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Evil! I tuned out after my crushing one point defeat to Alby but I thought sure Fresh jive was going to take it.

Enjoy it while you can because I plan on reclaiming my title next year.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:03 PM   #42
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I especially love the Donald Hodge search history in the upper right corner. Who could forget the sheer terror that the former Mavericks great unleashed on an unsuspecting NBA so many years ago? Some things remain etched in the memory forever.
Ain't that the truth? Hodge was true greatness. He had the silky smooth mid-range jumper, the shot blocking prowess...he had it all. Can anyone forget the night he shut Shaq down?

Long live Donald Hodge.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:18 PM   #43
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Ain't that the truth? Hodge was true greatness. He had the silky smooth mid-range jumper, the shot blocking prowess...he had it all. Can anyone forget the night he shut Shaq down?

Long live Donald Hodge.
You said it. I always thought he was going to be the new and improved Sam Perkins.

Evil, brutha, once you cook up and distill those stats, put them out there! I am eagerly waiting the coming-out party of the Great Bear from Siberia, and the time when the Russian Monster makes us forget even the likes of James Donaldson, Shawn Bradley, Roy Tarpley, and even the likes of one Donald Hodge. In fact, that captures it quite nicely. If Donaldson, Bradley, Tarpley, and Hodge had an illicit love child, his name would surely be Pavel Podkolzine.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:37 PM   #44
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks y'all, and I'll try to do that, CD ...

Also, Donald Hodge is one of those intriguing near misses that the Mavs always had a knack for drafting in the late 80's and early 90's. He had legitimate size, good touch around the basket, and he could play some very solid man-on defense in the post, but his stamina and quickness deficiencies, as well as his propensity to make dumb fouls (at least as I remember it) ultimately left him condemned to sit on the bench next to Doug Smith once the Lorenzo/Popeye express stormed their way into the starting lineup of our early 90's Mavs.

Sadly, the great promise that Donald showed in his second year, when he averaged 5 ppg, 4 rpg, and .5 bpg in (only!) 16 minutes per game, was doomed to not be fulfilled. Of course, his career might have ended up significantly more successful if Sleepy Sam had stayed in Dallas for a couple more years to man the post and mentor the young Donald...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 04-22-2006 at 01:37 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:38 PM   #45
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Evil...you bastard.

Well done.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:02 PM   #46
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that was actually the worst showing I did in a League this year. I played in two others, sike's and OzMav's... both of which I am happy to report that I WAS THE CHAMPION!!!!!

I am such a slacker.... in previous years I gave weekly reports on the standings. Work has been crazy, and recently my youngest Daughter was diagnosed Type I Diabetic(the reason I haven't tallied up the o/u threads - but I'm planning on doing so tomorrow *crosses fingers*)... so I really haven't had as much time as in years past. Maybe next year will settle down more... One can only hope.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:29 PM   #47
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

AArgh my team fell apart at the end again!

Evil snatched up all the good players from the waiver wire before I realized my badass regular season team was in trouble for the playoffs again. Evil is a master of the waiver wire. How do you beat someone who spends his spare time comparing the stats of past Mavs spares from its worst teams and worst position in history?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote