Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-04-2008, 12:43 AM   #41
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody better call the police, because you're stealing the show!!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2008, 12:54 AM   #42
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Somebody better call the police, because you're stealing the show!!
Stay tuned, CD, old friend, because the Summer is when this stuff tends to get a little cheaper, and consequently, I do expect to be updating this thread again in the next few days with at least one other significant addition to the collection .

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-04-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:01 AM   #43
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Stay tuned, CD, old friend, because I do expect to be updating this thread again in the next few days with at least one other significant addition to the collection ...

The Summer period after just about everybody in the NBA has been knocked out of the playoffs, and well pre-draft, is usually a very good time to be watching for this kind of stuff to go very cheap on Ebay, due to general NBA fan disinterest...
Don't TELL me you are angling for a sweet Donald Hodge jersey. I knew it, damnit, I knew it! I'd give a hundred bucks and a gram. And just so you know...if it ain't dodo, I say nono.

You already have Big Smooth covered, right?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:15 AM   #44
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't TELL me you are angling for a sweet Donald Hodge jersey. I knew it, damnit, I knew it! I'd give a hundred bucks and a gram. And just so you know...if it ain't dodo, I say nono.

You already have Big Smooth covered, right?
I would be willing to kill a man to get a Sam Perkins game worn Mavs jersey, but sadly I have never seen that rare beast in the wild. Additionally, and bizarrely, my old fraternity brother Madape actually happens to own a Donald Hodge game used jersey that he bought from the Mavs at their big tent sale a few years back (where the two of us camped out all night drinking in his 4-runner before being the first two people in line, standing in front of probably 1000-1500 other folks, and where I was lucky enough to aquire my insanely rare, early 90's green Terry Davis game-worn jersey), but that's the Ape's jersey, so all I can do is look at if fondly on occasion at the Ape's house and/or wear it drunkenly at same said Ape house, if we're watching the Mavs and I don't have any game-worn jersey to superstitiously wear on hand *....

* Typical game time exchange between me and the Ape at the Ape household concerning the possible use of the Ape-owned Donald Hodge jersey:

Quote:
Evilmav: "Hey there, ******(ape). I have a very important question to ask you. Is it alright if if I wear your Donald Hodge jersey for the rest of this game? Because we are currently getting smashed by these stupid Atlantans and I feel a deep superstitious dread about what may happen over the course of the remainder of this game if I do not wear a game worn jersey. And I do promise not to spill any Bai-Jo or mixed drinks on it.... "

Ape: "Sure, let me go ge.... " (interrupted)

Ape's Wife (after interrupting her husband, the Ape): "No! You can only wear that jersey if you drink two shots of Bai-Jo! And help clean up the kitchen! You made a mess and stunk up the kitchen frying your stupid fried chicken earlier!")...

Evilmav: "Ummmm... OK, Sounds good to me !"

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-04-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:44 AM   #45
chumdawg
Guru

Goddangit. You guys (and the inclusive households) not only have the most desirous of Mavs game-worn jerseys but also display the requisite appreciation of them and proper observance of protocol. Please correct my memory. Does that sweet Donald Hodge jersey have 35 on the back (geez, was it 28?), and does that ultra-rare Terry Davis have 43?

Given your answer to my question, I'm guessing that you are getting ready to bust out something like a Sweet Lou (21?) or maybe even a Tony Dumas (7?). Wait a minute. I think I just figured it out. I bet your ass is getting ready to acquire a highly coveted Popeye Jones (45?). Damn you.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:06 AM   #46
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Goddangit. You guys (and the inclusive households) not only have the most desirous of Mavs game-worn jerseys but also display the requisite appreciation of them and proper observance of protocol. Please correct my memory. Does that sweet Donald Hodge jersey have 35 on the back (geez, was it 28?), and does that ultra-rare Terry Davis have 43?

Given your answer to my question, I'm guessing that you are getting ready to bust out something like a Sweet Lou (21?) or maybe even a Tony Dumas (7?). Wait a minute. I think I just figured it out. I bet your ass is getting ready to acquire a highly coveted Popeye Jones (45?). Damn you.
Ape's Hodge jersey is a well-worn, blue #35, and it's a nice one. And my T. Davis is indeed #43...

As far as what I may pick up in the next week or so... I would normally not post any specific information about any auction I happened to be currently watching on ebay, because I wouldn't want anybody else to read about the item and bid against me, or possibly (if improbably) alert a seller to my interest, but in this case I can say that I am watching a cheap auction for a pair of game worn, 1980's Jay Vincent game worn bastketball high-tops, that are not listed accurately, and that are a size that I can wear, but it will not break my heart if I lose them.

And there's something else coming up that I'm half-looking at, but sadly, it's not Tony Dumas (a Grail jersey that I would find a way to pay almost any price for if I ever saw one- much like my Tarpley), or Popeye (although I saw one of these go for something like $90 two years ago, the week after Christmas, and I have never really forgiven myself for forgetting to check that auction before it ended- because if I had, I would have bid ferociously and probably won the damned thing...)

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-04-2008 at 02:32 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:16 AM   #47
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Also, if you want to see something truly horrible, click on the following link (it's safe, I swear ): http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Finley-D...QQcmdZViewItem

A Michael Finley game-used jersey for $138 + S&H? ARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!! I had this ebay page bookmarked, because I thought the auction might go cheap, but I just didn't think that this jersey would end up being available for under $200 (I've seen GW, authenticated Finley jerseys go for $350-450 in the past), and consequently, I never checked it frequently or stalked the end of the auction. I'd say that getting a game worn Finley for cheaper than an authentic jersey at the AA center is just plain wrong, and I am pretty darned jealous of whoever won the darned thing last week...
Old 06-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #48
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And finally, a pair of 1993, game worn Mavs shorts (that I have played many, many games of pickup basketball in, and are very dirty),

dammit evil, why are those shorts so short. quit playing pick up games in those shorts, your balls are hanging out

Last edited by MavsX; 06-04-2008 at 08:02 AM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:26 PM   #49
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

It'd be legit if you had those Mavs label tights underneath the shorts. I want a pair.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:29 AM   #50
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

This addition may not be quite as significant as my recently aquired Obinna jersey, but it will be darned good to play pick-up basketball in. The following is a circa 1994-1997 authentic Champion reversible Mavericks practice jersey that will not hang in a closet like many of my other jerseys, but that I will wear often and greatly abuse on courts of basketball battle...

Old 06-14-2008, 02:20 AM   #51
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

...so clean.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 06-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #52
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Dang this addiction... I just went and bought another game-worn jersey...

1991 Rolando Blackman Game-Worn Green

Now, I will say that unless I run across a Shawn Bradley, Tony Dumas, or Roy Tarpley game-worn jersey on ebay sometime over the course of the next month or two, I am not going to even think about making any more purchases of Mavericks history for quite some time to come, and I really wasn't looking to pick up another one so soon after getting my cheap Ekezie. But in the case of the above pictured jersey, I just couldn't help myself...

This was the first time I've ever actually seen one of the extremely rare, early 90's green jerseys (the rarest of all Mavs jerseys) go up for auction on ebay, and actually being able to pick up a Rolando Blackman at an affordable price is an opportunity that I just couldn't pass up. I just won the auction for this fella this afternoon as a very, very good price, and I have to say that next to my Big Tarp jersey, this is probably the crown jewel of my collection (or at least it will be once it is shipped to me).

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-30-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #53
chumdawg
Guru

Sweet! That jersey is greatness!!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #54
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

good work.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #55
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, evil, there's no way you can pass that up! Hard to tell what's better, though. Blackman or Ekezie.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #56
ty
Diamond Member

That is awesome. I love Ro. Is he a free agent?

Old 07-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #57
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

I swore I wasn't going to buy any more jerseys for a while, but circumstances forced me to break my vow. I just couldn't ignore something like a Mei-Gray authenticated Desagana Diop game-worn '06 NBA Finals jersey that nobody seemed to want to bid on...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 07-16-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

That Finals logo is haunting......

Very nice though.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #59
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32

Very nice though.
Yeah, I may be a bit afraid to wear it during games because of curse/jinx fears (kind of like my Pavel jersey, that I long ago gave up wearing during games, because the jersey of the Bear has never brought anything but bad luck to the Mavs whenever it's done anything but hang in my closet)...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 07-15-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #60
chumdawg
Guru

Dear Lord, a FINALS-worn jersey? That is salty.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #61
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32

Very nice though.
It doesn't haunt me. In fact, this is my favorite Mavs image of all time:

Old 07-15-2008, 10:04 PM   #62
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:

That's really a darned great picture Chumdawg, but it's terrible remembering just how likely it seemed at the time of that tip-off that we would crush the stupid heat in 4 or 5 games... Arrrgggghhh, dang it...
Old 07-15-2008, 10:12 PM   #63
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
That's really a darned great picture Chumdawg, but it's terrible remembering just how likely it seemed at the time of that tip-off that we would crush the stupid heat in 4 or 5 games... Arrrgggghhh, dang it...
It's terrible to remember how that series ended, yes. But how great is it to remember how it began? When the curtain came up on the 2006 Finals, it didn't come up in San Antonio or in Los Angeles or in Detroit or in Boston or in Chicago or in Phoenix. The curtain came up in Dallas, TX, and that trophy was painted on OUR floor. It was a long time coming.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:44 PM   #64
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's terrible to remember how that series ended, yes. But how great is it to remember how it began? When the curtain came up on the 2006 Finals, it didn't come up in San Antonio or in Los Angeles or in Detroit or in Boston or in Chicago or in Phoenix. The curtain came up in Dallas, TX, and that trophy was painted on OUR floor. It was a long time coming.
Very, very true, CD... At the very least all Mavs' fans who followed the team throughout the losingest decade that any NBA franchise has ever endured in the history of the NBA, the 1990's, should be darned proud of the fact that our previously misbegotten franchise actually managed to make the finals, even if that campaign saw us fall short of winning the title (with the question of whether that failure was the result of our Mavs choking, the referees dicking us on purpose, or a combination of both of those factors, being a matter of personal fan belief)...
Old 07-17-2008, 01:44 AM   #65
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:

The best part of this picture is that the Mavs are in the finals and Avery Johnson isn't in the picture.

Sigh...if only.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:36 AM   #66
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I was surprised Cuban didn't get everyone shirts =\

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #67
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

-----This Spot Reserved for Pictures of the Most Ridiculous Shoes in the World (coming next week)-----

Last edited by Evilmav2; 07-18-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #68
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My fav is the first playoffs poster that they gave out...It was called Mavs quest for the west or something like that. It was a black-n-white photo of the team right after a practice.

it's got nashth, dirty, filthy, wang, najera, little nicky, shawn and others. It's so unique that I really just like it. I have it on the wall at work.

I've never found it anywhere else..I've always dreamed of finding a way to get it autographed but I don't think it'll happen.

I think I'll try to scan it and post it. neat photo.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 07-18-2008 at 09:26 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:40 AM   #69
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I love this thread, you've got an awesome collection EM. Did you happen to see the JET Game Worn Patty's Day jersey that ended on eBay a day or two ago? I was soo close to placing a bid on that haha

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:13 AM   #70
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I love this thread, you've got an awesome collection EM. Did you happen to see the JET Game Worn Patty's Day jersey that ended on eBay a day or two ago? I was soo close to placing a bid on that haha
Ha! I saw it and was following it, and as a matter of fact, the seller was the same fella I bought my Finals Diop jersey from two days before. That guy dumped a bunch of jerseys, including a prize Finals Marquis Daniels jersey, a Hardcourt Classic OG GW Van Horn jersey, a ridiculous '98 Fred Roberts game issued jersey, and '04-05 Dirk and Josh GI's. They all got bidded up though, so I didn't go after any of them (although I was hoping that folks would leave that Van Horn cheap)...

It's too bad you didn't go after that JET jersey though. I think it went for around $200, which is obviously a bit pricey, but really isn't that much more expensive than the authentic jerseys which folks buy at the team store, and I'd say it's always best when real fans are able to buy this stuff rather than ebay speculator, non-Mav-fan jackals...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 07-19-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:34 AM   #71
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ha! I saw it and was following it, and as a matter of fact, the seller was the same fella I bought my Finals Diop jersey from two days before. That guy dumped a bunch of jerseys, including a prize Finals Marquis Daniels jersey, a Hardcourt Classic OG GW Van Horn jersey, a ridiculous '98 Fred Roberts game issued jersey, and '04-05 Dirk and Josh GI's. They all got bidded up though, so I didn't go after any of them (although I was hoping that folks would leave that Van Horn cheap)...

It's too bad you didn't go after that JET jersey though. I think it went for around $200, which is obviously a bit pricey, but really isn't that much more expensive than the authentic jerseys which folks buy at the team store, and I'd say it's always best when real fans are able to buy this stuff rather than ebay speculator, non-Mav-fan jackals...
I saw the Quisy and KVH, they were pretty sweet. The JET jersey was a good deal, especially coming with an LOA from Meigray. The alternate jerseys also seem to be a lot harder to come by. I've been spending too much on the hobby though as of late, so had to let it go by. I'll post pics of some of my latest pickups if people are interested.

I'm more of an autograph collector, but collect some game used stuff as well. I have a variety of bats, batting gloves, hats, a wristband or two, etc. of baseball game used stuff (pretty much all minor leagues) as well as my prize piece, my Devin Harris playoff game used shoes. I'd love to pick up a game used Mavs jersey in the near future though, we'll see

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #72
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

*Bump*

Dang... I can't believe the whale that I just reeled in on ebay this evening. Now it's been a while since I've added anything new to the old game-worn jersey collection but I'm always watching on ebay, mei-gray, etc... and I'm currently feeling awed and numb after winning the auction pictured down below. This fella is going to be framed in the best mahogany case I can afford and it will probably hang proudly on some wall of mine for the rest of my days (assuming the damned beautiful thing arrives safely via insured mail this week)...

The Big German Game Worn 01-02, 9-11 Patch Jersey

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-05-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #73
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

You´re dead to me
Old 02-02-2009, 11:29 PM   #74
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

My Top 11 Favorite All-Time Mavs of great significance who I vow I will aquire Game-Worn Jerseys for:

1. Dirk Nowitzki - Check
2. Shawn Bradley
3. Jason Kidd
4. Nick Van Exel
5. Roy Tarpley - Check
6. Michael Finley
7. Jamal Mashburn
8. Jason Terry
9. Rolando Blackman - Check
10. Christian Laettner
11. Jimmy Jackson - Check
(and even though I'm not numbering him here because of his Mav's-traitor status, I'll need to get a Nash too, but it's depressing to think about how much that two-time MVP sumfb*tch will end up eventually costing.... )

(with, in no particular order, runner's up game-worn jersey target-candidates being: Chris Gatling/Tony Dumas/George McCloud/Fat Lever/Brad Davis/Cherokee Parks/Gerald Green/Lorenzo Williams/Jim Farmer/Cedric Ceballos/Ed O'Bannon/Popeye Jones/Shawne Williams/Doug Smith/Calvin Booth/Eric Montross/Austin Croshere/Loren Meyer/and others who I am probably forgetting... )

I vow that I will complete this list, and this thread will stand as eternal public testament to that said completion....

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-05-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:23 AM   #75
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I have 2 Dirk Nowitzki Deutschland jerseys (08 olympics authentic, 05-07 FIBA tournament with all patches), Home, Away, Alt green, Glacier Silver.

I'll take pictures of the rest later.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #76
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Those are some awesome Dirk jerseys, Rick41 . And it's danged commendable that you have been picking up all or many of the multifarious versions of our Big Germans' national uniform shirts...
Old 02-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #77
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has inspired me... I gotta start getting some jerseys.

Any bidding/price/looking advice for a newbie?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:26 AM   #78
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
This thread has inspired me... I gotta start getting some jerseys.

Any bidding/price/looking advice for a newbie?
Buy now. The Panic of '09 has dropped the prices of game used/issued jerseys and memorabilia to levels that we will be unlikely to see again anytime in the future. Even though fewer of them are popping up on ebay these days than has been the case in healthier economic times, Mav's jerseys that would have sold for $300-600 a year ago are now commonly selling for $150-300 today on ebay... And, that is not a condition that will last for an awfully long time, so if you want to pick up an awesome game-worn to wear to games, or frame up on your living room wall, on the cheap, now is probably about as good a time to do so as we are likely to see for some time to come...

(And, I should say that I do realize that I am probably being an idiot posting the above advice, because it won't do me one damned bit of good if anybody reading this ends up bidding against me on ebay for something I want someday, but what the hell ...)

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-06-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:34 AM   #79
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2 View Post
Buy now. The Panic of '09 has dropped the prices of game used/issued jerseys and memorabilia to levels that we will be unlikely to see again anytime in the future. Even though fewer of them are popping up on ebay these days than has been the case in healthier economic times, Mav's jerseys that would have sold for $300-600 a year ago are now commonly selling for $150-300 today on ebay... And, that is not a condition that will last for an awfully long time, so if you want to pick up an awesome game-worn to wear to games, or frame up on your living room wall, on the cheap, now is probably about as good a time to do so as we are likely to see for some time to come...

(And, I should say that I do realize that I am probably being an idiot posting the above advice, because it won't do me one damned bit of good if anybody reading this ends up bidding against me on ebay for something I want someday, but what the hell ...)
haha thanks - I appreciate the PM as well.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:55 AM   #80
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2 View Post

I think you're dodging me, sir. ...

You never got back to me on my Air Jordan's questions! Haha