Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-18-2006, 11:58 PM   #41
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

As a man I can't believe anyone would say there's a such thing as a "lovetap" to the balls. It doesn't take much contact to the balls to feel pain.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2006, 11:59 PM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
As a man I can't believe anyone would say there's a such thing as a "lovetap" to the balls. It doesn't take much contact to the balls to feel pain.
So you saw the anguish and the contorted face of pain little mikey was making?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:01 AM   #43
victornewman

victornewman is on a distinguished road

I was a Mavs fan back in the days when they only won 15 games all season, so I feel that I can say what I want about the Mavs. If it were not for Cuban, Dallas might not even HAVE a b-ball team right now.

Back in the dark days when fans were few and far between, fans had very easy access to the players. It really was a sad time for the players and the fans.
Even when Mark first bought the team, it wasn't like fans starting rushing into Reunion. Fans did increase because of Mark's enthusiasm, but it wasn't until the Mavs began winning consistantly that the place started selling out on a regular basis. That last season at Reunion was my favorite season ever as a Mavs fan. Reunion literally "rocked." It was so loud that you couldn't hear yourself think.

My husband & I were Reunion Roadies. We used our airline miles or drove if we could and we often stayed at the same hotel as the players. Finley was never friendly like most of the other players were.
I respect the fact that Finley stayed here during the dark days and he played very well even though we lost almost every game. Mike had the most graceful fade-away shot I have ever seen. Truly awesome to watch. I was never crazy about Finley as a person but I used to respect his game.

However, I lost respect for Finley the last couple of seasons he was playing for us. I would sit at the games and watch him camp his lazy butt out on the baseline while the other players were doing the hard work. He was soooooo bad about that especially last season. He would just STAND THERE. It drove me crazy.
The coaches and even Dirk had to call him out publicly in order to get him to hussle.
I was thrilled when he was let go.
He was a cry baby when he was here too. Him and Bradley whined to the refs every time they got a call against them.
I didn't care for Bradley's game at all, but now "he" was a super nice guy--very funny too.

I'm sorry but I "Do" think that the suspension has something to do with the NBA's dislike of Mark.
The most ironic thing is that Mark has brought so much to the NBA, not just to the Mavericks yet the NBA gives him no credit.
Yes, he was a bit overly passionate at first and got into trouble, but hey... that got people talking about the Mavs and the NBA in general.
Not to mention how much money the Mavs have made the NBA. We have generated more excitement and revenue during the playoffs the past several seasons than most teams in the league.

The worst thing that the NBA could ever do would be to push Mark into selling. That really scares me to even think about that.
If that ever happened, the NBA would be sure to lose money. Mark touched lightly on this subject today during a radio interview. He said that the only reason he would ever sell the Mavs would be because of the NBA.

The NBA has already shown that they are not consistant with fines and suspensions. The Mavs get absolutely no consideration.
I think that the suspension basically came down to 2 factors: The NBA's detest for Mark Cuban and Michael Finleys bruised ego of being let go by the Mavs.
Mike want revenge on the Mavs for letting him go. He wants to win the championship by any means, even crying like a little girly punk to the NBA and getting our 2nd highest scorer suspended.

Finley was NOT innocent either. If Terry was suspended, Finley should have been too. Finley started the entire thing. The appropriate punishment would have been to fine both Terry and Finley and let the two teams continue to battle it out.
victornewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:03 AM   #44
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Then direct the post to that person...don't throw out this blanket "this board has lost class" like it means anything. Don't take any of this crap seriously right now. If Mike doesn't get his jersey in the rafters TOUGH S***. To be honest I don't give a damn about mike, he's a stinkin SPUR for goodness sakes.

He plays for the team that has kicked our ass for years he does not get a pass just because he was a good guy. He went to the spurs to try and beat the mavs to the championship. If he gets one then I don't ever want to see his jersey up there. If he doesn't maybe. I'm just not interested in being magnanimous to a spur, sorry.
I'm not talking about just this game, i really don't care about finley hell, i used to get into discussions because i wanted him traded since 2003.

But you know men this venting is pretty similar to SP, we didn't used to do that years ago and we were a worse team.
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:05 AM   #45
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertx
I'm not talking about just this game, i really don't care about finley hell, i used to get into discussions because i wanted him traded since 2003.

But you know men this venting is pretty similar to SP, we didn't used to do that years ago and we were a worse team.
If this venting were done after every game and after what is pretty normal stuff I agree with you. But this is the dang WCF's and mike was nowhere near damaged or in danger of being damaged imo.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-19-2006, 12:06 AM   #46
Cybertx

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Im sorry my standards have dropped. There is always the ignore option if you get too tired of hearing from me.
That's exactly my point.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:08 AM   #47
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
That's exactly my point.
Right over your head.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:09 AM   #48
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Another thing that's funny to me is that we are giving Terry a pass on this. We're using Finley as the scapegoat(what's new lol) but Terry is the one who threw the punch after the play was over with. It was uncalled for and unnecessary.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:10 AM   #49
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Another thing that's funny to me is that we are giving Terry a pass on this. We're using Finley as the scapegoat(what's new lol) but Terry is the one who threw the punch after the play was over with. It was uncalled for and unnecessary.
Well I'm not giving him a "pass" on it. It was not a smart thing to do. But Finley and his team don't get a pass for sending video in to get someone suspended.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:10 AM   #50
Cybertx

Quote:
Originally Posted by victornewman
I was a Mavs fan back in the days when they only won 15 games all season, so I feel that I can say what I want about the Mavs. If it were not for Cuban, Dallas might not even HAVE a b-ball team right now.

Back in the dark days when fans were few and far between, fans had very easy access to the players. It really was a sad time for the players and the fans.
Even when Mark first bought the team, it wasn't like fans starting rushing into Reunion. Fans did increase because of Mark's enthusiasm, but it wasn't until the Mavs began winning consistantly that the place started selling out on a regular basis. That last season at Reunion was my favorite season ever as a Mavs fan. Reunion literally "rocked." It was so loud that you couldn't hear yourself think.

My husband & I were Reunion Roadies. We used our airline miles or drove if we could and we often stayed at the same hotel as the players. Finley was never friendly like most of the other players were.
I respect the fact that Finley stayed here during the dark days and he played very well even though we lost almost every game. Mike had the most graceful fade-away shot I have ever seen. Truly awesome to watch. I was never crazy about Finley as a person but I used to respect his game.

However, I lost respect for Finley the last couple of seasons he was playing for us. I would sit at the games and watch him camp his lazy butt out on the baseline while the other players were doing the hard work. He was soooooo bad about that especially last season. He would just STAND THERE. It drove me crazy.
The coaches and even Dirk had to call him out publicly in order to get him to hussle.
I was thrilled when he was let go.
He was a cry baby when he was here too. Him and Bradley whined to the refs every time they got a call against them.
I didn't care for Bradley's game at all, but now "he" was a super nice guy--very funny too.

I'm sorry but I "Do" think that the suspension has something to do with the NBA's dislike of Mark.
The most ironic thing is that Mark has brought so much to the NBA, not just to the Mavericks yet the NBA gives him no credit.
Yes, he was a bit overly passionate at first and got into trouble, but hey... that got people talking about the Mavs and the NBA in general.
Not to mention how much money the Mavs have made the NBA. We have generated more excitement and revenue during the playoffs the past several seasons than most teams in the league.

The worst thing that the NBA could ever do would be to push Mark into selling. That really scares me to even think about that.
If that ever happened, the NBA would be sure to lose money. Mark touched lightly on this subject today during a radio interview. He said that the only reason he would ever sell the Mavs would be because of the NBA.

The NBA has already shown that they are not consistant with fines and suspensions. The Mavs get absolutely no consideration.
I think that the suspension basically came down to 2 factors: The NBA's detest for Mark Cuban and Michael Finleys bruised ego of being let go by the Mavs.
Mike want revenge on the Mavs for letting him go. He wants to win the championship by any means, even crying like a little girly punk to the NBA and getting our 2nd highest scorer suspended.

Finley was NOT innocent either. If Terry was suspended, Finley should have been too. Finley started the entire thing. The appropriate punishment would have been to fine both Terry and Finley and let the two teams continue to battle it out.
I like cuban a lot we do have a team thanks to him but i agree that cuban it's sometimes affecting the team but still i love that he's a fan first, so i'm willing to accept that he's going to hurts sometimes.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:11 AM   #51
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
WHAT?!?! I saw that video 20 times on local TV and it was a true low blow.
Try to keep up, wouldya?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:14 AM   #52
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I'm not giving him a "pass" on it. It was not a smart thing to do. But Finley and his team don't get a pass for sending video in to get someone suspended.
I was watching Babe Laufenberg tonight. He showed a clip of Cuban talking about the play, a clip which ended with Cuban saying "Am I missing something?"

Babe then said, "You asked. Yes, you are missing something." Then he went on to tell how he used to play for Joe Gibbs. When a player would get fined and then complain about it, Gibbs would say "I didn't fine you. You fined yourself." The Spurs didn't get Terry suspended. Terry got himself suspended.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:16 AM   #53
Cybertx

Quote:
If this venting were done after every game and after what is pretty normal stuff I agree with you. But this is the dang WCF's and mike was nowhere near damaged or in danger of being damaged imo.
That doesn't matter man a punch it's a punch, do i think 1 game is exaggerated? yes, would i be mad if somebody try to hit dirk even if didn't hit? yes
Old 05-19-2006, 12:16 AM   #54
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I was watching Babe Laufenberg tonight. He showed a clip of Cuban talking about the play, a clip which ended with Cuban saying "Am I missing something?"

Babe then said, "You asked. Yes, you are missing something." Then he went on to tell how he used to play for Joe Gibbs. When a player would get fined and then complain about it, Gibbs would say "I didn't fine you. You fined yourself." The Spurs didn't get Terry suspended. Terry got himself suspended.
Hey man...quite messing with the lather I'm working up to for tommorrow night at the AAC. Stay out of my psychosis!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:17 AM   #55
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

Do you realize that had Terry not thrown the damn punch in the first place he wouldn't be suspended? Knowing the type of reputation Cuban has with the league you would think the Mavs would not give them any ammo to do anything that can cost them a game or the series. He punched Finley. Simple as that. Spurs sent the tape. Had it been vice versa we would've done the same. Now i'd expect a Spurs fan to blame the Mavs organization for getting their own player suspended but not Mavs fans to do this. Call me self righteous if you want but the fact is Terry threw the damn punch and had he not thrown it he would be playing in Game 6. I'm with giving hard fouls and playing aggressive but I don't condone John Stockton-esque cheapshots. Now Terry is out for Game 6 and he has no one ot blame but himself. Not Finley's balls or the Spurs organization. He put himself in the situation.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:18 AM   #56
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
That doesn't matter man a punch it's a punch, do i think 1 game is exaggerated? yes, would i be mad if somebody try to hit dirk even if didn't hit? yes
Dirk takes more of a beating than mike did everytime bowen guards him. He gets harder fouls from muggsy boggs than mike endured here.

But it was a balled fist it seems and the nba has no choice but to suspend him. Again it's a shame that jet didn't just grab and yank, it would have only cost him 10k.

Last edited by dude1394; 05-19-2006 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:23 AM   #57
Cybertx

Quote:
Dirk takes more of a beating than mike did everything bowen guards him. He gets harder fouls from muggsy boggs than mike endured here.

But it was a balled fist it seems and the nba has no choice but to suspend him. Again it's a shame that jet didn't just grab and yank, it would have only cost him 10k.
I'm with you there man, do i think Bowen it's dirty and get's away with it? hell yeah .
Should Cuban sends a tape of Dirk beatings? Of course
Old 05-19-2006, 12:28 AM   #58
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

And who's willing to bet that Cuban has sent the tape in on the defense Bowen has been giving Dirk? Didn't Bowen even get fouled out a game or 2 ago? I don't buy Cuban's hypocritical bs. He can get mad at Finley for sending in a tape but i'm willing to bet he did the same thing when Damp and Diop were being whistled for phantom calls. And rightfully so. I would've the same. If the refs are missing something they should definately be corrected on it. But what Cuban doesn't like is that Terry was suspended and it was due to the actions that Cuban has been known for. Sending in tape to league officials.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:28 AM   #59
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really sure I can put much blame on Finley. I still don't know what exactly he did wrong. He didn't do anything wrong from the video (Manu was all over Terry, not Finley). Did he really campaign to have them send in the video? I don't know if we'll ever know so I'm not going to get mad over Finley for it. I still like Finley although I've treated him with indifference this series because he plays for the enemy. After the series though I'll be back to liking him (and hopefully his skills as a fisherman). I'm not sure why there is hatred of Finley for this, and I'm not sure why people were booing him earlier in the series (especially because I don't exactly recall Nash getting booed last year).

However, I do think it's a pretty lame move by the Spurs organization to send the tape in after all the utter bs their players pull. Did they send in tape to the league when Big Shot Bob was feasting on Stack's arm? Did they send in a tape for the multitude of altercations Cheap Shot Bruce has been in? Doubt it. It smacks of desperation, but hey I guess you try to pull all stops when you are down 3-2 in a series. They have some nerve to try and get Terry suspended with all the crap Cheap Shot Bruce has pulled off over the years. It's blatant hypocrisy from the Spurs organization if you ask me.

Seriously, during this series I've gone to disliking the Spurs because they beat us often and played ugly basketball to hating them (and everything about them) with an absolute passion.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:29 AM   #60
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
And who's willing to bet that Cuban has sent the tape in on the defense Bowen has been giving Dirk? Didn't Bowen even get fouled out a game or 2 ago? I don't buy Cuban's hypocritical bs. He can get mad at Finley for sending in a tape but i'm willing to bet he did the same thing when Damp and Diop were being whistled for phantom calls. And rightfully so. I would've the same. If the refs are missing something they should definately be corrected on it. But what Cuban doesn't like is that Terry was suspended and it was due to the actions that Cuban has been known for. Sending in tape to league officials.
where is the tape he sent in to get someone suspended?
Old 05-19-2006, 12:34 AM   #61
veronicamae

veronicamae is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls
This is not about Finely nor JET. It's about FIXED NBA Games. Period. We have the best bench if the NBA, we fear nothing, including the classless Spurs. Good Luck tomorrow and Good Night.
You're all not seriously thinking that NOW the games are fixed, when you were all just yelling about Spurs fans saying similar things for Games 3 & 4? You are LAUGHABLE.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:35 AM   #62
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicamae
You're all not seriously thinking that NOW the games are fixed, when you were all just yelling about Spurs fans saying similar things for Games 3 & 4? You are LAUGHABLE.
No, we're not ALL saying that. Thank you.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:40 AM   #63
Cybertx

Quote:
Read all the thread, why do you think we are having this discussion?
Old 05-19-2006, 12:42 AM   #64
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Horry.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:42 AM   #65
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

There isn't any. There is a tape that Cuban sent of Bowen's defense on Dirk and what occured? He was fouled out of the game. But I guess you can also say that may be the Spurs aren't stupid enough to punch someone in the nuts in a playoff series. I imagine had Bruce Bowen punched Dirk in the nuts Cuban would have sent that tape in the day before it happened. He would've been on it. Let's get something straight here. There's a lot of things I don't agree with Cuban on especially his classless comments made earlier today about Finley but I can co-sign with him on sending in tape to correct the mistakes refs make. So for him to be upset with Finley for doing the same makes him look very hypocritical right now.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:43 AM   #66
veronicamae

veronicamae is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
No, we're not ALL saying that. Thank you.
Alright, I will correct myself. Many of you have stated this fact, but after reading the entire thread, I find that a respectable number are assuming responsibility for it and making an attempt to not act as if the sky is falling or that this is all Finleys fault.

Though that wasn't quite the case earlier today.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:43 AM   #67
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm certainly not saying that, but I do find your stance here to be maybe a tad hypocritical because you were whining about the reffing in games 3 and 4 and now you sit here chiding several Mavs fans doing the same thing. Plus, I doubt even half the message board is claiming that there is a "fix."

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 05-19-2006 at 12:44 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:46 AM   #68
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Alright, I will correct myself. Many of you have stated this fact, but after reading the entire thread, I find that a respectable number are assuming responsibility for it and making an attempt to not act as if the sky is falling or that this is all Finleys fault.

Though that wasn't quite the case earlier today.

Yea a lot of us have jobs so some of us weren't able to get on the computer when the news was announced. But don't let one Mavs fan speak for everyone. There's a lot of ignorance posted on Spurs boards. I don't hold all Spurs fans responsible for their ignorant statements.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:47 AM   #69
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
There isn't any. There is a tape that Cuban sent of Bowen's defense on Dirk and what occured? He was fouled out of the game. But I guess you can also say that may be the Spurs aren't stupid enough to punch someone in the nuts in a playoff series. I imagine had Bruce Bowen punched Dirk in the nuts Cuban would have sent that tape in the day before it happened. He would've been on it. Let's get something straight here. There's a lot of things I don't agree with Cuban on especially his classless comments made earlier today about Finley but I can co-sign with him on sending in tape to correct the mistakes refs make. So for him to be upset with Finley for doing the same makes him look very hypocritical right now.
You believe that cubes would send in a tape to get a guy suspended, you do not know that. The spurs were not trying to highlight calls that weren't being done properly. There was no constructive criticism going on here. The sole purpose was to get a suspension, and it worked.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:48 AM   #70
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
yes that person was just as laughable as all of the sp*rs fans have been whining about calls for a week now. Even to getting Barry's daddy out there to carp about it.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:48 AM   #71
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Horry.
Link please.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:53 AM   #72
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
You believe that cubes would send in a tape to get a guy suspended, you do not know that. The spurs were not trying to highlight calls that weren't being done properly. There was no constructive criticism going on here. The sole purpose was to get a suspension, and it worked.

So you mean to tell me had the roles been reversed and Finley punched Terry in the nuts Cuban would say nothing? Mark Cuban? You are right I don't know that but i'd put my house on it had the roles been reversed Cuban would be on the league's ass.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:55 AM   #73
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Link please.
I don't have one. Do you have one on the Terry episode?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:23 AM   #74
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
she's right...the self-righteous...."oh this board is losing class" "oh where have all the intelligent fans gone" is just that a bunch of self-rightous junk.
No, it's not. What the hell do I have to be self-rightious about? What on earth makes you think I get my jollies off finding some way to put myself above another poster?

I'm posting in these threads because I am genuinely embarrassed to be a fan of the same team as you and Erica and a few others right now. It's just damn EMBARASSING.

Mike Finley left because he was pushed out the door. To turn him into the freaking villain in all of this is ridiculous.

And yes Dude, a "love tap to the jewels" IS IN FACT as bad as clotheslining someone. In fact, I'll go so far as to say it's worse. At least Raja Bell was a man about it, physially challenged Kobe, and then owned up to it.

Terry, OTOH, tried to sneak it in like a little bitch, and then play dumb afterwards, and then was caught red freaking handed.

And just to say again, this is KILLING me. I love me some Jason Terry. And I'm all for treating Finely like the enemy. But to flip the tables on this and act like Fin did anything wrong in this situation is ridiculous.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:30 AM   #75
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's admitted on his blog that they sent in tape to point out to the league that Chris Webber was traveling a lot when they played them in the playoffs. Pretty much the same thing. They felt like a player violated the rule and sent in a tape to prove their case.

How is that any different than sending in tape on someone hitting someone?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:42 AM   #76
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Well dude says the difference is Cuban didn't get anyone suspended but just going by Cuban's past antics I have a reason to believe if the roles were reversed Cuban would've done the same thing the Spurs did.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:42 AM   #77
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

finley is a douche bag. he won't come off our bench, but he will come off san antonios. then when he plays us he decides to start attacking the rim AND hitting shots. where was that his last few years in dallas? thats why i hate him so much. just like how when nash played us, he raped us. where was that in the playoffs in the years past. fuck finley, fuck the spurs. give me a championship
Old 05-19-2006, 01:52 AM   #78
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Fin was hurt last season pickupyonuts.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:53 AM   #79
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
He's admitted on his blog that they sent in tape to point out to the league that Chris Webber was traveling a lot when they played them in the playoffs. Pretty much the same thing. They felt like a player violated the rule and sent in a tape to prove their case.

How is that any different than sending in tape on someone hitting someone?
It's not the same thing at all. The Spurs tried to get someone suspended (hypocritically so if I say so myself). Cuban tried to get the refs to notice the calls. There is a difference. While I'm not trying to say that it didn't come off as whining by Cuban, to equate the two is using faulty logic.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-19-2006, 01:59 AM   #80
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

not for the entire season..barely at all. and that doesn't negate the fact that he would not come off our bench.