Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-21-2006, 05:45 PM   #41
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Oh, and 5-0, did you join the pick'em league? It's pretty fun and challenging, and doesn't take more than 5 mins a week.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2006, 08:33 PM   #42
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

*******REMINDER******* Live Draft is this Friday, at 12:30PM CST.

Be there or be square.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:37 PM   #43
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

U2 do you know the order yet?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:43 PM   #44
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
U2 do you know the order yet?
According to Yahoo... it's random and not decided until 45 minutes before live draft begins.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:00 AM   #45
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Yonk, Yonk
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #46
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Last reminder....

1 HOUR!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:04 PM   #47
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

11th pick....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:08 PM   #48
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Draft order is set
1. Doc
2. Madape(how in the world does he manage a top 2 pick in every league)
3. Chum
4. U2
5. Sike
6. Evil
7. Alien abductors(im not sure who this is)
8. Me
9. Fluid Motion
10. Nashty
11. Jthig
12. Just 211.

8th is actually a pretty big improvement for me over where i normally draft.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:28 PM   #49
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

I want to protest the scheduling of this draft during the workday and I curse my job for putting up frustrating internet firewalls.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:31 PM   #50
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

You did get Larry Johnson with the second pick, if that makes you feel any better.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:06 PM   #51
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

12th, sucks , but even worse is I forgot about the draft totally, and it was auto picked. which usually isn't bad. BUT i got Charles Rogers and Koren Robinson. talk about wasted picks.
and on top of that I got Aaron Brooks.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #52
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweeeeet! I never get the first pick.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:10 PM   #53
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211
12th, sucks , but even worse is I forgot about the draft totally, and it was auto picked. which usually isn't bad. BUT i got Charles Rogers and Koren Robinson. talk about wasted picks.
and on top of that I got Aaron Brooks.
That's strange, because Koren Robinson was waaaaaaay down the list of WR's. I was thinking you knew something they didn't know.

I'm considering your trade offer, but I think I want more than that for Davis.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:27 PM   #54
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Man, my team is horrible. Stupid school made me miss the draft

Oh well, I'll still end up winning

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 08-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #55
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Draft order is set
1. Doc
2. Madape(how in the world does he manage a top 2 pick in every league)
3. Chum
4. U2
5. Sike
6. Evil
7. Alien abductors(im not sure who this is)
8. Me
9. Fluid Motion
10. Nashty
11. Jthig
12. Just 211.

8th is actually a pretty big improvement for me over where i normally draft.

I was in Brazil....let me go see my team...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #56
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Hesselbeck, Barber, McGahee, T. Gon, and just pulled off a trade with the monkeys....I'm happy for now...

but feel free to offer trades my way...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 08-28-2006, 01:54 PM   #57
Five-ofan
Guru

ape have you lost it? You trade a better receiver and the better D? I rarely vote against trades and i wont vote against this one but im seriously tempted to.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:03 PM   #58
sike
The Preacha

stay outta my business boy!

Old 08-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #59
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Terrible trade for Ape.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:07 PM   #60
sike
The Preacha

shut it.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #61
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

It's not like we are going to have any effect on Ape, he's real stubborn.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:19 PM   #62
sike
The Preacha

I will kill you and let your blood run in the streets.

Last edited by sike; 08-28-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #63
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like you stole a little of ape's blood there.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:10 PM   #64
sike
The Preacha

actually he proposed the deal, doc.....he must think Anquan will blow up big time this year....I agree, but love Harrison...and ape...so I'll go with it.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:52 PM   #65
Five-ofan
Guru

we all love ape, no argument there, just asking how in the world you make a trade where you get worse at both positions.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:16 PM   #66
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

yeah, it's a terrible trade for ape. Harrison will get more catches cuz Edge is gone meaning they're likely to pass more, and Boldin has Fitz and Edge to compete with touches for.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:30 PM   #67
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Let's just say I have my doubts about Harrison.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:32 PM   #68
Five-ofan
Guru

He could end up getting hurt but so could anyone in the nfl and hes never shown anything to make you expect that. what exactly makes you have questions about him? He along with torry holt are this generations best receivers.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:43 PM   #69
chumdawg
Guru

Tell me what you think of this lineup. This is in a gay NFL.com league, which forces you to draft a backup at every position before you can overload at a position (I hate it!).

QB: Culpepper, Bulger (and I was gonna draft Green, before it wouldn't let me)
RB: Tomlinson, McGahee, Droughns
WR: Fitzgerald, Houshmanzadeh, Kennison, Rod Smith
TE: LJ Smith, Stevens (missed on Winslow because it wouldn't let me draft three TE's)
K: Vandercrap
DEF: Dallas, Tennessee

That was the 14, and they made you have a backup at every position before you took an extra at another position. (Messed with my plan.)

I would have had Bryant as well, if they wouldn't have punked me like that.

I immediately cut the TEN defense for Marion Barber. Mike Anderson is available, and I was thinking about it. There are some decent receivers available, too.

12-team league. We play one QB, two RB's, and two WR's.

Your advice is welcome. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:02 AM   #70
Five-ofan
Guru

If culpepper is healthy that team is LOADED(said in ron white voice)
Old 08-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #71
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

That's a solid team, very nice.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:22 AM   #72
Five-ofan
Guru

i would try to package culpepper and droughns for a peyton manning or carson palmer type but even if they wouldnt go for it that team is insane. How many teams are in your league? 5? How do you end up with 2 top 15 rbs, 1 top 25 rb, a top 3 receiver and culpepper and tj.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:33 AM   #73
chumdawg
Guru

There are 12 teams in the league. Four or five were drafting on autopilot. There was a huge run on QB's in the first round. You should see the nfl.com auto-rankings. I think 20 of the top 30 players were QB's.

I was lucky to draw the second pick, and that others did not seem to draft well. Kickers and defenses going very early, for example.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:36 PM   #74
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
i would try to package culpepper and droughns for a peyton manning or carson palmer type but even if they wouldnt go for it that team is insane. How many teams are in your league? 5? How do you end up with 2 top 15 rbs, 1 top 25 rb, a top 3 receiver and culpepper and tj.
my team was drafted on auto pick and I still got Barber and MaGahee....

Old 08-29-2006, 07:45 PM   #75
chumdawg
Guru

Yeah. With your first two picks.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #76
sike
The Preacha

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Yeah. With your first two picks.
and?

Old 08-29-2006, 08:11 PM   #77
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Chummy is saying he has a better team than you.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:16 PM   #78
Five-ofan
Guru

barber and mcgahee are a great rb tandem for a 12 team league. So now that 2 of you have 4 of the top 15 rbs in the nfl im wondering what the rest of the league did for rbs.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:37 PM   #79
chumdawg
Guru

Matt, here's another for you to dissect. I did not like the way this one went down. Just so you know, it's anothery gay nfl.com league, with the requirement that you must draft backups at most positions. Twelve-team league. I had the fourth pick.

1) Shaun Alexander
2) Chad Johnson (Fitzgerald was on the board, as were Portis and McGahee)
3) Warrick Dunn (Willie Parker, J Jones, Lamont Jordan, Holt and Boldin on the board)
4) Corey Dillon (Jamal Lewis, Kevin Jones, and Gore on board)
5) Chris Chambers (Ward, Buress, Driver, and Andre Johnson on board...eight QB's gone)
6) Marc Bulger (Green, Brees, Plummer, Favre, and McNair on board)
7) Todd Heap (Witten, Vernon Davis, Miller, and Clark still on board)
8) Trent Green
9) Joe Horn (Smith, Branch, Stallworth, White, Evans, Burleson, McCardell still on board)
10) Mike Bell
11) Vandercrap (I finally get a kicker. Not sure if they would have allowed it, but if they would, there were some receivers on the board: White, Evans, Burleson, McCardell, Givens, Bennett, Bryant, Matt Jones)
12) Titans (they might not let me draft anything besides a defense)
13) Kellen Winslow (hoping for the best here)
14) Vikings (I was forced to take a defense)

So I have:

QB: Bulger, Green
RB: Alexander, Dunn, Dillon, Bell
WR: Johnson, Chambers, Horn (light, isn't it?)
TE: Heap, Winslow
K: Vandercrap
DEF: Titans, Vikings

How would you have played it differently?
Old 08-29-2006, 10:40 PM   #80
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Solid team chummy, I would have taken Portis over CJ and Jordan over Dunn though.