Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-27-2006, 10:55 AM   #41
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, T.O. camp is saying it was not a suicide attempt. Said he got his pain pills mixed with his supplement and took too many pain pills.

Says the report of him taking the entire bottle is completely false.

Also, DPD appears to be backing off their police report.

T.O. says he wants to play on Sunday.

This all came from Newy Scruggs, who was on Jenn Floyd-Engel's show just now.

I had to flip to 103.3 because freaking Norm is taking calls and interview some lady at a suicide hotline, rather than working on the actual story.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 09-27-2006 at 10:58 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2006, 11:03 AM   #42
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Ok, T.O. camp is saying it was not a suicide attempt. Said he got his pain pills mixed with his supplement and took too many pain pills.

Says the report of him taking the entire bottle is completely false.

Also, DPD appears to be backing off their police report.

T.O. says he wants to play on Sunday.

This all came from Newy Scruggs, who was on Jenn Floyd-Engel's show just now.

I had to flip to 103.3 because freaking Norm is taking calls and interview some lady at a suicide hotline, rather than working on the actual story.
Although it sounds far fetching that he'd take a whole bunch of pain pills thinking they're supplements... I just hope it's true... for the sake of Cowboys, for all the fans and, of course, for TO himself!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:05 AM   #43
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Norm saying that Deion Sanders (per NFL network) has spoken with TO within the last hour and that TO is laughing at suicide reports. Deion says TO is crafting a statement and is going to have a presser ASAP.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:06 AM   #44
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

DO some pain killers cause depression? Maybe he did get addicted to pain killers aka Bret Favre
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:14 AM   #45
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Norm saying that Deion Sanders (per NFL network) has spoken with TO within the last hour and that TO is laughing at suicide reports. Deion says TO is crafting a statement and is going to have a presser ASAP.
lol i bet thats true too.

Im rooting for the media to be soooo wrong because they love to sensationalize everything, and they'll have spent all morning getting their panties in a bunch for nothing.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:15 AM   #46
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well, if..uhm...Deion Sanders is getting involved, you know the reports will be ..uhm...credible.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #47
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
Well, if..uhm...Deion Sanders is getting involved, you know the reports will be ..uhm...credible.

Well yeah, he does have all 9 toes after all.....
Old 09-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #48
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

they keep people who attempt suicide at a hospital overnight for observation at a minimum. this suicide story just doesnt ring consistent with anything i've observed in the past.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:37 AM   #49
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

If i'm gonna commit suicide i'm not gonna let anyone find out that i'm trying to do it till after i'm dead. I just don't see this happening for some reason. It's all odd to me though.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:49 AM   #50
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

he will talk in 12 minutes, watch cold pizza...
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:50 AM   #51
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
If i'm gonna commit suicide i'm not gonna let anyone find out that i'm trying to do it till after i'm dead. I just don't see this happening for some reason. It's all odd to me though.
I dont know how credidble this is, but according to the National Institute of Mental Health, there are an estimated 8 to 25 attempted suicides for every completed suicide.

http://mentalhealth.about.com/library/rs/blsui.htm

so whether it's 8 or 25....there are a lot more attempts than completions. Indicating most people dont really want to die...maybe they just want help?

do we have any psychologists on this board?

either way....let's just wait and see with T.O...... the media tends to blow things out of proportion.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #52
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
he will talk in 12 minutes, watch cold pizza...
who will?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:55 AM   #53
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Owens is set to speak in 5 min on sports center ESPN or ESPN2
Old 09-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #54
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

someone please post exactly what he says....some of us are working...stupid work

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-27-2006 at 11:59 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:58 AM   #55
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
someone please post exactly what he says....some of us have to work
I will post what he says
Old 09-27-2006, 12:01 PM   #56
Five-ofan
Guru

it is about to begin, im not gonna worry alot about spelling so i can keep up with what he says but i will edit it later for spelling
Old 09-27-2006, 12:03 PM   #57
Five-ofan
Guru

They are just showing the dpd thing from earlier right now and it is absolutely worthless. Edit, now he wont talk until 1230 and then, the cowboys will have a presser later.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 09-27-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:08 PM   #58
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

is it a real press conference with t.o? or is he going on someones show?

either way sounds like he's fine to me.....

thank you five-o

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-27-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:11 PM   #59
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
is it a real press conference with t.o? or is he going on someones show?

either way sounds like he's fine to me.....

thank you five-o
He is going to speak outside of his house, so its not really on a show. Espn is having essentially an emergency sportscenter(if there is such a thing) Until then, I have to listen to this moron Ed werder who i have always hated.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:13 PM   #60
Five-ofan
Guru

Michael smith says that he has talked to one of TOs friends who says that TO will say that its just an allergic reaction to a combo of the pain killers and his supplements. The friend says inspite of this TO is not happy right now though.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:13 PM   #61
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

theres no way it was an attempted suicide if he was released so quickly

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #62
Five-ofan
Guru

Mike Irvin said TO absolutely denied its a suicide attempt and he is the first one with direct word from Irvin. These national guys are effing morons. Theyve already said that the police were dispatched as they always are when the fire department is called. That is ALWAYS the case.

BTW, the cowboys arent even ruling him out for this week. This was an overblown story
Old 09-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #63
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Seems like if it was really a suicide attempt shouldn't he be on some sort of suicide watch? Usually when a person fails to committ suicide the first time they attempt it again. Everything is so sketchy. I have a hard time believing TO would kill himself. He loves his self wayyyyyyyy too much. If true though it goes to show that money doesn't fix everything.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:21 PM   #64
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Mike Irvin said TO absolutely denied its a suicide attempt and he is the first one with direct word from Irvin. These national guys are effing morons. Theyve already said that the police were dispatched as they always are when the fire department is called. That is ALWAYS the case.

BTW, the cowboys arent even ruling him out for this week. This was an overblown story

Are you serious? Listening to ESPN 1033 and the Ticket this morning they were talking as if TO's career is over. If true then yea they are definately overhyping this. What's the story behind the 35 painkillers though? Then some storys have it where he had a lady friend at his house with him at the time. Did she just sit there and wait until he took 35 painkillers to call 911? Makes no sense at all.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #65
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Are you serious? Listening to ESPN 1033 and the Ticket this morning they were talking as if TO's career is over. If true then yea they are definately overhyping this. What's the story behind the 35 painkillers though? Then some storys have it where he had a lady friend at his house with him at the time. Did she just sit there and wait until he took 35 painkillers to call 911? Makes no sense at all.
the lady friend is also his publicist. Irvin is the only guy with DIRECT word from TO so im taking his word until to talks. Irvin said, that TO said that he got mixed up with what was the pain killers and what was the Supplements and took too many of something. He said he was a little out of it and didnt really know what he was saying when he was answering questions about this. What the hell? This is ridiculous. Why are we bringing up his mom having an affair and that guy being his dad? Geez this is getting out of hand.

He took too many pills. It was most likely an accident, he MIGHT play this week. He had an allergic reaction. Stuff happens. Deion is at TOs house btw.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:30 PM   #66
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

(per D. Sanders, who is at TOs house...)

TO will address media @ 2:15pm from Valley Ranch.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:31 PM   #67
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
(per D. Sanders, who is at TOs house...)

TO will address media @ 2:15pm from Valley Ranch.
crap. I need to leave before then. Someone else want to take over the I will type what he says duties?
Old 09-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #68
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

So TO's at home? The media in Dallas can really be full of shi* sometimes. Especially ESPN 1033. They were actually talking about TO causing a distraction because of this incident. Just sickens to hear stuff lik ethat.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:38 PM   #69
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
So TO's at home? The media in Dallas can really be full of shi* sometimes. Especially ESPN 1033. They were actually talking about TO causing a distraction because of this incident. Just sickens to hear stuff lik ethat.
hes at home and hes going to have a presser at valey ranch soon. He is fine, A guy on db.com made a GREAT point. Why hasnt Espn talked to a cop or medical professional? The answer? Any cop or medical proffesional would answer that this quick release completely ends the possibilities that this is a suicide.

BTW, John Clayton may be the ugliest man ive ever seen
Old 09-27-2006, 12:40 PM   #70
Five-ofan
Guru

I really wish that ESPN was like a Talk show. I would call in and say look guys, A) the cops ALWAYS accompany the fire department/emts ANYWHERE. This was instituted a few years ago. B) hes been released way too soon so it wasnt a suicide attempt. C) quit trying to make a minor story into the biggest sports story of the year.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 09-27-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:48 PM   #71
Five-ofan
Guru

Im done with this crap, this may be THE most overblown story Ive ever seen. Flaco, dont worry about it. Its not a big deal. He might play THIS week. Do you really think he would even be considering playing if this was an attempted suicide? This is some of the worst/irresponsible journalism Ive ever seen.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:54 PM   #72
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
This is some of the worst/irresponsible journalism Ive ever seen.
Turn to CNN. They're going apeshit in the same way as we speak - reporting on a leak.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #73
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
they keep people who attempt suicide at a hospital overnight for observation at a minimum. this suicide story just doesnt ring consistent with anything i've observed in the past.
Well, no, they don't always keep people overnight that have just attempted suicide....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #74
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with blaming the media is that there is actually a police report that mentions an attempted suicde. I'm not exactly sure a police report about an attempted suicide of one of the most famous athletes in america constitutes as a "minor" story.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #75
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Well, no, they don't always keep people overnight that have just attempted suicide....
As in, if they succeeded?

Dark.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #76
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
The problem with blaming the media is that there is actually a police report that mentions an attempted suicde. I'm not exactly sure a police report about an attempted suicide of one of the most famous athletes in america constitutes as a "minor" story.
I agree, I don't buy that this is overblown, or a minor story.

If the police report is wrong, then it's wrong, and we got worked up for nothing. But a police report saying the most high profile Dallas Cowboy attempted to committ suicide is anything but a minor story.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-27-2006, 01:01 PM   #77
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Edited: Sorry, I might've misunderstood what Murph was saying.

On another note, how long before the 911 call is released?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 09-27-2006 at 01:10 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:16 PM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Seems like the cops are the ones who dropped the ball on this one.... or wfaa.....

this just in....channel 8 is reporting that Al Gore won the 2000 election......
Old 09-27-2006, 01:19 PM   #79
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

All I can say is that I'm glad he's not creating a distraction for his teammates.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #80
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Quote:

this just in....channel 8 is reporting that Al Gore won the 2000 election......
I KNEW IT....