Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #41
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Hes moving to the starting 2 guard. Wally world is coming off the bench. Hes solid enough. Im trying to get Zaza for a guard which i will eventually.
Oic. I still am not very high on him, I'd try to trade him and Zaza to a team that needs a center, for a solid guard.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2006, 10:54 PM   #42
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Oic. I still am not very high on him, I'd try to trade him and Zaza to a team that needs a center, for a solid guard.
Yeah, oh trust me, i will make some deals.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #43
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yeah, oh trust me, i will make some deals.
Haha, good. I love trading in fantasy basketball, it's so much easier than in baseball and football for some reason. Your team is good though, so even if you aren't able to make some trades you'll be fine.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 10-22-2006, 11:07 PM   #44
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Hey 5-0, what do you think of this team? This is my team in the D-M.com league #2. I wasn't even at the draft, cuz I overslept =/

PG Iverson
SG Vinsanity
G Redd
SF Marion
PF Diaw
F Boozer
C Okur
C Kaman
Util Ridnour
Util Harrington
BN Morrison, Simmons, Szczerbiak

As you can see, I have TONS of depth at center (Diaw, Boozer, Okur, and Kaman are all C-eligible) and my bench is on the weak side, but hopefully Morrison turns out to be good. Any suggestions on possible trades/pickups?

Old 10-23-2006, 12:39 AM   #45
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Trade I got offered:

Okur and Cassell for Richard Jefferson and Turkoglu

I accepted. What do you guys think?

Old 10-23-2006, 02:38 AM   #46
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey 5-0, what do you think of this team? This is my team in the D-M.com league #2. I wasn't even at the draft, cuz I overslept =/

PG Iverson
SG Vinsanity
G Redd
SF Marion
PF Diaw
F Boozer
C Okur
C Kaman
Util Ridnour
Util Harrington
BN Morrison, Simmons, Szczerbiak

As you can see, I have TONS of depth at center (Diaw, Boozer, Okur, and Kaman are all C-eligible) and my bench is on the weak side, but hopefully Morrison turns out to be good. Any suggestions on possible trades/pickups?
I would try to deal one of your centers for a top tier sg or sf. Something like Kaman and Redd for Pierce if you could get that or something of that ilk. Someone in that league should be desperate for a C. Find them and use it to your advantage. You have an awesome team but if you have someone with C eligibility starting somewhere other than Center, you can generally get a better player to play there by dealing the center for another player at that position. Great team though.

That trade you made was an absolute raping.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:44 AM   #47
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I would try to deal one of your centers for a top tier sg or sf. Something like Kaman and Redd for Pierce if you could get that or something of that ilk. Someone in that league should be desperate for a C. Find them and use it to your advantage. You have an awesome team but if you have someone with C eligibility starting somewhere other than Center, you can generally get a better player to play there by dealing the center for another player at that position. Great team though.

That trade you made was an absolute raping.
Thanks

I was thinking that the trade was sort of close, but I needed a center and felt Cassell was much better than Turkoglu, so I took Okur and Cassell.

Yeah, that's probably what I'll do. I was pretty lucky to end up with 4 top 10 centers! I really like my team, especially considering that I wasn't even there at the draft. You are right about the fact that if you have someone center eligible playing at another position you are able to get more value from another player. I'll try to deal one of them, thanks for the input.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:05 AM   #48
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hes moving to the starting 2 guard. Wally world is coming off the bench. Hes solid enough. Im trying to get Zaza for a guard which i will eventually.
Are you sure about this? Everything I've read has West moving to 2 guard, but coming off the bench as the 6th man.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:19 AM   #49
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Darius Miles as the #2 option in Pordland or Bonzi Wells as the #3 in Houston?

which of these injury prone headcases do you take?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #50
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Darius Miles as the #2 option in Pordland or Bonzi Wells as the #3 in Houston?

which of these injury prone headcases do you take?
I doubt Miles is the #2 in Portland. Brandon Roy is going to score for them.

I'd go with Bonzi myself.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-24-2006, 11:27 AM   #51
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I doubt Miles is the #2 in Portland. Brandon Roy is going to score for them.

I'd go with Bonzi myself.
Miles was going nuts toward the end of the season...scoring like a mad man...

ex: final game 32pts, 11 rebs

I like Bonzi's rebounds...but can he duplicate what he did as the third option for the Kings?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Miles was going nuts toward the end of the season...scoring like a mad man...

ex: final game 32pts, 11 rebs

I like Bonzi's rebounds...but can he duplicate what he did as the third option for the Kings?
I really think Roy is going to be their #2 guy. That's my guess.

I realize preseason box scores aren't always good indicators of what will happen in the regular season, but Roy has had a pretty nice preseason.

Also, with Bonzie, if McGrady goes down, you could have a real steal on your hands.

Why am I telling you this? Is this for our league? lol

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-24-2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:34 AM   #53
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I really think Roy is going to be their #2 guy. That's my guess.

I realize preseason box scores aren't always good indicators of what will happen in the regular season, but Roy has had a pretty nice preseason.

Also, with Bonzie, if McGrady goes down, you could have a real steal on your hands.

Why am I telling you this? Is this for our league? lol
nooooooooooooo

Old 10-24-2006, 08:07 PM   #54
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Definetly Bonzi over Miles.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:08 PM   #55
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Trade I got offered:

Okur and Cassell for Richard Jefferson and Turkoglu

I accepted. What do you guys think?
Well, it got vetoed

What do you guys think about Okur for Jefferson, me getting Okur.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:28 PM   #56
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

how cool would it have been to have fantasy basketball when magic was in the league
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:02 PM   #57
Five-ofan
Guru

Artest for Gerald Wallace-i get wallace. Who would do it and who wouldnt?

Wallace if he somehow stays healthy is a top 10 fantasy player.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:04 PM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Artest for Gerald Wallace-i get wallace. Who would do it and who wouldnt?

Wallace if he somehow stays healthy is a top 10 fantasy player.
I'd do it. Wallace is injury prone, and Artest is meltdown prone.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-24-2006, 09:07 PM   #59
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I'd do it. Wallace is injury prone, and Artest is meltdown prone.
yeah kind of my thinking. Plus Im going mostly after the big man cats especially fg%. With this deal, Ive got fg% pretty much locked up(artest is a killer there)
Old 10-24-2006, 09:35 PM   #60
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I'd definetly do it 5-0, but I wouldn't call G-Wall a top 10 fantasy player, even if he stays healthy. Top 25 though.

Could you help me with my trade? Okur for RJ, I get Okur

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 10-24-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:49 PM   #61
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I'd definetly do it 5-0, but I wouldn't call G-Wall a top 10 fantasy player, even if he stays healthy. Top 25 though.

Could you help me with my trade? Okur for RJ, I get Okur
ID prefer Okur because of the center eligibility and 3s combo.

As for wallace, yeah top 10 was high but hes a stud if he stays healthy. She changed her mind though...
Old 10-24-2006, 09:52 PM   #62
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
ID prefer Okur because of the center eligibility and 3s combo.

As for wallace, yeah top 10 was high but hes a stud if he stays healthy. She changed her mind though...
Alrite that's what I was thinking too.

Yeah top 10 is too high, too bad you weren't able to get it done

Old 10-24-2006, 10:11 PM   #63
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Well, it got vetoed

What do you guys think about Okur for Jefferson, me getting Okur.
take okur.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:14 PM   #64
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
take okur.
Thanks, I will.