Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

View Poll Results: Predict final W-L (Currently 3-3)
Lucky to win another game (5-11) 3 5.66%
Some good, some bad (8-8) 20 37.74%
Romo's play will inspire the defense (10-6) 27 50.94%
Second-coming of Tom Brady (13-3) 3 5.66%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2006, 01:07 AM   #41
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Thig, as I outlined in the other thread, Romo is NOT a "young QB." At this juncture, I'd say that 3-0 on the road trip is looking like an inevitability.
In QB years, Romo is a rookie.

In human years, he is not young for the job he has, I agree.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2006, 01:10 AM   #42
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But I won't do any of that because I am the better man...
Not to whiz on the Cowboy joy or anything, but maybe you shouldn't do it because there are nine more games left in the season?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-30-2006 at 01:13 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:13 AM   #43
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
In QB years, Romo is a rookie.

In human years, he is not young for the job he has, I agree.
I think there are things you fail to appreciate.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:15 AM   #44
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I gotta agree with Thiggy here. With young QB's you just never know. Romo played very well today, but that doesn't mean he will continue to do that. It's to early to call him a success or a failure. Cautiously optimistic is the right way to go here, and I think tapping the breaks like thiggy is doing, is the right way of thinking.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:22 AM   #45
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

F all of this YOUNG vs. INEXPERIENCED bullshit.

You know what, it has been a VVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY long time since I can honestly say that I think we have a franchise QB starter kit. Will he become that, or the second coming of Carter/Henson? I can't say right now. With that said, I gotta say, I am feeling RRRREEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY good about this kid. REALLY good!
Old 10-30-2006, 01:24 AM   #46
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Also, near the end of the game it looked like the guy was crying as they went to a commercial break. He was rubbing his eyes with his head down and man, I just felt SO good for him. How can you not support this guy. How???
Old 10-30-2006, 01:25 AM   #47
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
F all of this YOUNG vs. INEXPERIENCED bullshit.

You know what, it has been a VVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY long time since I can honestly say that I think we have a franchise QB starter kit. Will he become that, or the second coming of Carter/Henson? I can't say right now. With that said, I gotta say, I am feeling RRRREEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY good about this kid. REALLY good!
Word. Where do people get this "young" shit from" The kid is like 26! He's been educated behind four years of other starting QB's. If there is one thing Tony Romo is not, it's young!
Old 10-30-2006, 01:30 AM   #48
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

*Sigh*

More "not supporting" crap.

I was bouncing off the walls tonight as the last seconds were ticking away. I was freaking soaring on cloud 9. I'm pumped.

But he IS inexperienced, and it is inevitable that he will struggle because of it.

And Chum, there are tons, and tons of examples of backup QB's studying under talented starting QB's, looking good in small doses, and never becoming anything.

Scott Mitchell is a very nice example.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-30-2006, 01:33 AM   #49
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

By young, I mean inexperienced. His career as a starting QB has just started, so he can be called young.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 10-30-2006, 01:35 AM   #50
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I think there are things you fail to appreciate.
Please, enlighten me, oh mighty and all knowing football guru.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-30-2006 at 01:35 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:39 AM   #51
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
*Sigh*

More "not supporting" crap.

I was bouncing off the walls tonight as the last seconds were ticking away. I was freaking soaring on cloud 9. I'm pumped.

But he IS inexperienced, and it is inevitable that he will struggle because of it.

And Chum, there are tons, and tons of examples of backup QB's studying under talented starting QB's, looking good in small doses, and never becoming anything.

Scott Mitchell is a very nice example.
You and I both know that you don't equate Tony Romo to Scott Mitchell.

I mean, you can see it with your own eyes. I can't understand why you wouldn't apprecitate what Tony Romo has to offer. What more do you need to see? Does he need to win the Super Bowl first?

I tell you what. Why don't you go ahead and give me your criteria for what relief QB you would believe in. That will settle my mind greatly. Then I can measure Tony against something tangible.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:41 AM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
You and I both know that you don't equate Tony Romo to Scott Mitchell.

I mean, you can see it with your own eyes. I can't understand why you wouldn't apprecitate what Tony Romo has to offer. What more do you need to see? Does he need to win the Super Bowl first?

I tell you what. Why don't you go ahead and give me your criteria for what relief QB you would believe in. That will settle my mind greatly. Then I can measure Tony against something tangible.
You're changing the argument. I've never said that believing in him is wrong. Clearly, he has something. Clearly, there is potential.

But you think that he's already to the point that he's beyond mistakes due to inexperience. So you think he's ready to play at a pro bowl level, basically, for an entire season.

There isn't a situation out there that would make me think that of a QB after 3 halves of football.

And Scott Mitchell was a very, VERY hot commodity when he went to the Lions. He was the next big thing. I would expect a football savant such as yourself to know that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-30-2006, 01:45 AM   #53
chumdawg
Guru

Scott Mitchell was fool's gold, and everyone knew it. Tony Romo is a fourth-year veteran. There is a big, big difference.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:52 AM   #54
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Scott Mitchell played the better portion of an entire season, and put up pretty respectable numbers, before moving to the Lions. He had WAY more skins on the wall than Romo.

Calling Tono Romo a veteran is laughable.

I hate this, I pulling hard for the guy, and I'm stuck in a moronic argument because I'm not willing to claim that Romo has proved beyond any reasonable doubt that he is a special quarterback.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-30-2006, 01:57 AM   #55
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Thiggy...

I like you man so please, give this argument up. Seriously.

I can join in at any time here, but I am trying to let you save face. You are wrong dude! You have been wrong for a while and I told you as much during this past week.

It isn't hard to see when a quarterback gets it and when he doesn't. Romo absolutely gets it and will be successful in this league. How successful? Well, I am not lucky enough to be able to see the future, but I think very before it is over. Hopefully enough to eventually lead us to one or more super bowls. I know, I know, I am very much so getting ahead of myself, but that kid just eludes confidence so just consider it contagious.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:00 AM   #56
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Thiggy...

I like you man so please, give this argument up. Seriously.

I can join in at any time here, but I am trying to let you save face. You are wrong dude! You have been wrong for a while and I told you as much during this past week.

It isn't hard to see when a quarterback gets it and when he doesn't. Romo absolutely gets it and will be successful in this league. How successful? Well, I am not lucky enough to be able to see the future, but I think very before it is over. Hopefully enough to eventually lead us to one or more super bowls. I know, I know, I am very much so getting ahead of myself, but that kid just eludes confidence so just consider it contagious.
Ok, what am I wrong about? I've never said he doesn't have it. I've never said he won't be successful.

All I've said is that I prefer to be a bit more cautious, that inexperienced quarterbacks can look different from week to week. This is a true statement. If you don't consider him inexperienced, fine. I do.

Like I said, it's weird being stuck in this argument, because I just got done talking to my biggest Cowboy buddy about how cool it is to be watching a young QB that could just be the next great Dallas QB. I'm just not ready to annoint him yet, and somehow that makes me wrong.....

But, this is getting tiresome. I think I'll head to bed.

Here's to a great win tonight.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-30-2006 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:16 AM   #57
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Ok, what am I wrong about? I've never said he doesn't have it. I've never said he won't be successful.
OK... I gave you a chance to save face... Now you have pissed me the hell off... You want to put the dirty laundry out for everyone to smell - Fine. First of all, you are a Fing liar. You want to sit your ass on this board tonight and claim you didn't say he doesn't have it and didn't say he won't be successful, yet these are your quotes from the past couple of days:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass
I'd say 7-9 is actually more likely, but 8-8 was the closest, so I picked it. - Obviously nothing but one win yet, but it was the least winnable of all of them to me, so that should say a lot about the rest.

If we go 7-3 to end the season, I will be beyond shocked. - Maybe you should have a friend dry stun you a few times to get ready for such an amazing shock.

So you have us beating Atlanta on the road, and Philly and NO at home, along with not slipping up at all against a bad team.
That is beyond rosy, that's flat out homerish.
That would be pretty incredible.
- OK... Again, nothing I can prove here, but I think you are going to be wrong in the end.

I also don't understand why you think Romo will suddenly gaine the experience he needs to be successful after a half of play. You are correct, Romo made mistakes against NY because of his inexperience, but that isn't going away any time soon. - Yeah, you were a regular cheerleader for our man Romo!

BTW, I'm not sure you could definitively say that Dallas was better than Atlanta or Philadelphia coming into the season, and certainly not now. - Mulligan?

I'm still on the "bandwagon", I just happen to think the bandwagon is quickly running out of gas. - I guess we hit a Shell station tonight huh???

On our defense, our run defense is not as good as the numbers indicated before the Giants, game, because we played pretty bad running teams. Washington without Portis, Tennessee before they put in the UT offense, were terrible, and Philly is so so running the ball, plus Westbrook was hurt against us. Jacksonville is a good run team, and I was happy with our performance there. I would say our run defense is above average, but best in the NFL, not even close. - So we have just SHUT DOWN 6 of 7 teams on the run and all you have in your arsenal is a comment about who we have played??? Yet again we stop another team against the run.

All in all, our defense is still above average, but it's not elite, therefore it's not good enough to win games for you. - It sure as hell helped win tonight now didn't it???

In order for this team to go 10-6, I believe Romo will have to be an above average QB, starting with this Sunday, and I just don't see that happening. - Didn't say he wouldn't be successful huh??? Liar dude... LIAR!
So basically, you are wrong about just about everything you have said. Just keep your fingers in your hands and watch the games. What is that old rule that comes into play here??? Ah yes, just because you CAN post, does not mean that you should!
Old 10-30-2006, 02:24 AM   #58
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Calling Tono Romo a veteran is laughable.
What would your preferred terminology be for a guy who has played in the league three years? Obviously not "veteran"! But...you can't call him rookie. I guess you have created a special category just for him. How about: Fourth Year Guys Who Are Just Like They Just Came Out of College.

Nice. I don't see any reason to believe a guy would have changed in three years of an NFL program. No...no way. Still the kid out of East Illinois. Once that guy, always that guy. JThig, thank you very much for steering us away from that loser of a QB. It is certainly a relief that we can stop paying that guy in the hopes that he can one day play QB for us. Thank God!

I hope we don't owe him a signing bonus. Cue the next veteran quarterback!!
Old 10-30-2006, 02:28 AM   #59
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
So basically, you are wrong about just about everything you have said. Just keep your fingers in your hands and watch the games. What is that old rule that comes into play here??? Ah yes, just because you CAN post, does not mean that you should!
Brutal, juice.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:26 AM   #60
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:26 AM   #61
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to see what Drew writes in his blog.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:11 AM   #62
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Superbowl BABY!!!!!!!

Seriously though..... when our Defense isn't having to come out on the field 4 -6 plays after they got the ball back each time and end up winded in the 4th..... coupled with having an Offense that can mount Championship drives (long, time consuming, down your throat drives ending up in the end zone) you DO have a chance. I wonder if Bill wanted to do this sooner to ripen him up but the article regarding this very thing and the resulting fan reaction made him rethink it.

Tony Romo looked great. And yes, I expect some bumps. But for the first time since the con man has been coach I am EXCITED about our future. And I should probably temper that excitement until after November 19th. I think by then we should have a clear vision of what this team is going to be capable of with our new QB (which, again, is freaking exciting).

But screw tempering excitement. I needed last night. That was fun as heck. I watched that 4th quarter dominance over again when the game was done last night.... and I think I'll watch it again tonight.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:51 AM   #63
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly don't have any real opinion as to how the 'Boys will finish the season with Romo. I'd say anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 sounds about right.

I will say, however, that Romo has made a believer out of me. It's only one game, yeah, and there will be setbacks. But the dude looks to be a more than capable starting quarterback. Lord knows there are plenty of QB's in the NFL worse than he is and still have jobs. I'll take him over Bledsoe ten times outta ten.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:13 AM   #64
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

*Edited by author.*

This was a long, ranting post with return name calling to Dan, but I'm thinking better of it.

Look, I wasn't trying to defend my predictions from last week. I already posted that I was very wrong about the Carolina game, and that Romo played much better than I thought he would.

When I asked what I was wrong about, I was talking about our current debate about Romo.

I am very, very excited by the way he played. I, personally, think there will still be bumps in the road, due to his inexperience. Some around here agree, others, very forcefully, do not.

That is fine. It is an exciting time to be a Cowboys fan.

That is all. Jthig is officially signed out from this thread.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-30-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:16 AM   #65
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Also edited.

For the record, to Chum, I never said the experience would not help Romo, and I never said he was a raw rookie. All I said was I think there will still be some bumps, but I am excited. That is all.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-30-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #66
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Mitchell wasn't fools gold. He was the best quarterback in Orlando Thunder Franchise history.

WLAF holla.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:45 AM   #67
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
*Edited by author.*

This was a long, ranting post with return name calling to Dan, but I'm thinking better of it.

Look, I wasn't trying to defend my predictions from last week. I already posted that I was very wrong about the Carolina game, and that Romo played much better than I thought he would.

When I asked what I was wrong about, I was talking about our current debate about Romo.

I am very, very excited by the way he played. I, personally, think there will still be bumps in the road, due to his inexperience. Some around here agree, others, very forcefully, do not.

That is fine. It is an exciting time to be a Cowboys fan.

That is all. Jthig is officially signed out from this thread.
Can a mod please send me a PM of what his original message said? I know you guys can see the originals.

Thanks in advance!

Damn... I missed that edit by like 6 minutes.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 10-30-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:56 AM   #68
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Can a mod please send me a PM of what his original message said? I know you guys can see the originals.

Thanks in advance!

Damn... I missed that edit by like 6 minutes.
I sent you my own PM.

Dangit, I said I was signing out from this thread!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-30-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #69
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I appreciate that. I commented back and it CAN end there.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:42 AM   #70
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I do want to say this:

While I still think we may see some bumps in the road, last night was more than enough proof to see that Romo gives this team a better chance to win than Bledsoe. So, I was most definitely wrong to be upset about the QB change. In fact, had we made the QB change after the Philly game, we might have beaten NY.

And, I want to say I'm sorry for calling Dan a homer. It seems like a throwaway comment, but it really burns me when I get called a Mavs homer, and I can see now that that was the comment that really started to derail this thread where Dan and I are concerned.

So, Dan, my bad on that one. I was frustrated from the loss and speaking in absolutes, and I shouldn't have called you a homer.

Incidentally, 10-6 doesn't seem nearly as crazy after last night. I still think it would be an impressive run, but I certainly don't think it's impossible now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-30-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:45 AM   #71
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

New Blog: Beginners Luck

http://www.tonyhomo.com/
Old 10-31-2006, 01:27 PM   #72
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
I honestly don't have any real opinion as to how the 'Boys will finish the season with Romo. I'd say anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 sounds about right.

I will say, however, that Romo has made a believer out of me. It's only one game, yeah, and there will be setbacks. But the dude looks to be a more than capable starting quarterback. Lord knows there are plenty of QB's in the NFL worse than he is and still have jobs. I'll take him over Bledsoe ten times outta ten.
Romo and the rest of the Cowboys surprised the hell out of me Sunday night. I said 6-10 was more likely than 10-6 only a few days ago, and now I wonder whether I'm always an idiot or just occasionaly idiotic.

When Gamble picked that ridiculous Romo pass, I thought the game was over. I never imagined that the team would do anything other than fold at that time. I thought certainly Romo's rookiness would only get worse. Instead, they looked like a really good football team for over 30 minutes.

It was quite remarkable, but I still harbor questions about this team's intensity and commitment. They were, after all, very much in the playoff hunt when they went to Washington last year and played one of the most p*ssified football games I've ever seen, much as they did last Monday against the Giants.... but at the least, the season went from over to interesting in the span of the 2nd half.

cheers
Old 10-31-2006, 01:35 PM   #73
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

this board is all about overreactions

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:57 PM   #74
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Where did all the Romo hater's go?

Last edited by #1MavsFan; 10-31-2006 at 01:57 PM.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:14 PM   #75
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Explain that comment, because if you meant that it was an overreaction that some of us are incredibly excited due to Romo playing a tremendous game for his first start, I think you are being ridiculous.

That was a major win and it wasn't supposed to happen. Romo was NOT expected to play that way at all and he proved a LOT of people wrong.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:50 PM   #76
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Not anymore so than Around the horn, cold pizza, sportscenter, pti, etc.. Everyone else has jumped on the romo bandwagon too.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:08 PM   #77
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1MavsFan
Where did all the Romo hater's go?
I think most have weighed in with a "holy crap, where did that come from".
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:17 PM   #78
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
New Blog: Beginners Luck

http://www.tonyhomo.com/
ha!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:37 PM   #79
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
ha!
lol
"I'm not your bro a-hole."
Old 11-01-2006, 12:20 AM   #80
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
lol
"I'm not your bro a-hole."
Lol