Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-17-2006, 12:50 AM   #41
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
... you can buy a graphics card that cost as much as the ps3 and will destroy the ps3 graphics wise.
You think unfortunately like way to many gamers think these days. Graphics arent everything. The number of games and quality games on a console far exceed the number you'd find for PC.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2006, 07:51 AM   #42
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
What games did you get? Get LIVE? Whats your gamertag?
1) Madden 07
2) NBA 2K7
3) Top Spin 2
4) Splinter Cell Double Agent
5) Peter Jackson's King Kong (wife got one choice)

My gamertag is DanielG1981!

Man madden looks great! It was the only game I played last night. I got a headache from watching the game in that much beauty, seriously. I have to get my eyes adjusted. I had the same problem the first time I watched a Cowboy game on the HD Fox channel. Did I mention how perfect everything looks???
Old 11-17-2006, 09:22 AM   #43
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
5) Peter Jackson's King Kong (wife got one choice)
Its actaully a really nice game. Dont need to hide it and try to blame your wife for getting it .

I'll send you a friend invite.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #44
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good Rob, but she really did choose it!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:14 AM   #45
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

who's gonna start a vBookie event for the over/under on days before the first "my playstation broke" reports coming rushing in?

Oh, and dude broke his face trying to get one last night - link
Old 11-17-2006, 10:22 AM   #46
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, my PS3 is in hand. We'll see how it does on ebay. I kind of wish I had pre-sold it on ebay yesterday, as it looks like that was the peek time, but I should still turn a nice profit on this.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #47
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Well, my PS3 is in hand. We'll see how it does on ebay. I kind of wish I had pre-sold it on ebay yesterday, as it looks like that was the peek time, but I should still turn a nice profit on this.
What? No taking the baby out for a free spin?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:40 AM   #48
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to try Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:15 AM   #49
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Someone got shot in line.... and other people got hit with bibis.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15764297?GT1=8717

'Tis the season....
Old 11-17-2006, 11:20 AM   #50
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Not me. Im planning to get a 360. Any positive feedbacks on the ps3 yet?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:41 PM   #51
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
I like that game...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #52
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°

I have that for PS2, it's a good game.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:01 PM   #53
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
I have that for PS2, it's a good game.
A PS2??? Geez, are those still around these days???

Old 11-17-2006, 01:02 PM   #54
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A PS2??? Geez, are those still around these days???

not everyone has tons of dedicated loose cash to throw at toys...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-17-2006, 01:07 PM   #55
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I'm going to get the PS3 when it hits the shelves.

Or here's a better question to ask Mav fans. Do you think i should spend money i plan on saving for plane/game tickets to Boston to go to the Mavs game next March on a PS3?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:20 PM   #56
sike
The Preacha

PS3.... you nerd

seriously..get the machine...because one day they will rule the world and then you can tell them you spent a rediculous ammount of money on them...it might just save your fleshy hide!

Old 11-17-2006, 02:36 PM   #57
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
not everyone has tons of dedicated loose cash to throw at toys...
Well make more money then!
Old 11-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #58
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sony's PlayStation 3 makes chaotic US debut
November 18, 2006 - 4:35AM

Violence broke out at the chaotic US launch of Sony's PlayStation 3 as game fans and profiteers mobbed stores nationwide to grab limited stocks of the must-have computer console.

From New York to San Francisco, the long line of bleary-eyed customers who had been waiting for days outside electronics stores finally got their hands on the PS3 at special midnight openings.

Fausto Ponce, standing in line outside the flagship PlayStation store in San Francisco, was one of many planning to sell his PS3 to turn a quick profit after Sony made just 400,000 of the consoles available Friday.

"Sony shafted Europe, shorted Japan, and then sent the bulk to the United States," Ponce said. "Maybe I'll play it two weeks and, if things look bleak for Sony, I'll put it up for sale."

One version of the PlayStation 3 has a 20-gigabyte hard drive and is priced at 499 US dollars, and the second is a 599-dollar model with a 60-gigabyte hard drive.

Bidding for the 60-GB version at Internet auction site eBay drove prices into the stratosphere on Friday, with one going to a buyer in Britain for 15,100 US dollars.

The powerful machine made its world debut in Japan on November 10, and sold out within hours. The console does not go on sale in Europe until March.

The wait "was way worth it," said Chris Toribio, the first customer in line outside the San Francisco store, who paid for his machine with a fistful of 20-dollar bills.

"I just can't wait to play it," he said, turning to give applauding watchers a thumbs-up after Sony Computer Entertainment America vice president Jack Trenton handed him his new console.

"I'm so tired I'm sick, and I'm going to sleep," said Toribio, who had waited outside the store with four friends since before dawn on Wednesday. "I'm going home to dream about what game I'm going to get."

Sony provided a limousine to take Toribio and his friends home. Elsewhere, however, the mood was uglier with a shooting by armed muggers at a Wal-Mart store in Connecticut and reports of a stampede in Wisconsin.

Police said two armed men approached a queue of 15 to 20 people who were waiting for the PS3 outside the Wal-Mart in Putnam, Connecticut and demanded money from them. One of them confronted the robbers and was shot.

The man, who was not identified, was in hospital in a serious but stable condition. The muggers fled on foot and were still at large.

Police had shut down a Super Wal-Mart in the southern California city of Palmdale after a restless crowd of nearly 100 people turned rowdy on Wednesday.

The console's long-delayed release intensified amid a fierce battle for video game supremacy between Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo, with the Christmas holidays just over five weeks away.

Nintendo's new Wii game console will go on sale in US stores on Sunday, while Microsoft's Xbox 360 has been on the market for a year, giving it a leg-up on its competition.

The Wii will retail for 249.99 US dollars, and will go on sale in Japan on December 2.

The far more powerful PS3 features an Internet browser, wireless controllers with motion-sensing capabilities, and a Blu-ray player that Sony hopes will become the next standard for DVD over a rival format from Toshiba.

"It's just a pure console war all the way around," said Norman Edwards, 34, who wore an Xbox 360 fleece pull-over as he bought a PlayStation 3 that he planned to sell for a quick profit.

"For me it's Xbox 360 any day of the week."

A tractor-trailer grandly delivered some 600 new consoles to the PlayStation store in San Francisco mere hours before they went on sale Friday morning.

As workers carted consoles into the store, strobe lights flashed and a large digital clock counted down the minutes to the midnight (0800 GMT Friday) launch.

Mike Henriquez, 37, found a "magic ticket" in a goodie bag given to him by Sony workers. The ticket won him a 60-GB PS3 console, game software and a wireless controller.

"I was trembling like a little girl," Henriquez said after collecting his winnings. "I'm stoked."
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Technolog...266759887.html

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #59
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I love this world.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #60
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

LonestarROB,

Dude, am I reading this right. Out of all 360 gamers, are you actually ranked 1st overall in 5 games, (2 of which are downloadable games)??? Call of Duty 2, EA Sports Fight Night 3, King Kong, (now I see why you made your comment), Jewel Quest, and Marble Blast Ultra???

Touche dude! Touche!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #61
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

so there was a ps3 that sold for $12,100 on ebay.

yes i said $12K
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #62
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I think that actually means tied for first with a gazillion others who have completed those games 100%.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:27 PM   #63
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX

yes i said $12K
Just because the auction lists as that high doesn't mean an actual transaction took place. Lots of weird things happen in these acutions. There's no real reason for one to go that high, there's 9K more out there available.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-17-2006, 04:27 PM   #64
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Dang..got screwed over by two pre-orders
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:28 PM   #65
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX

yes i said $12K
did you say 12K?

Old 11-17-2006, 05:24 PM   #66
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
did you say 12K?
I think he said 12K...

12,000 shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be 12,000. 11,998 shalt thou not count, neither count thou 11,999, excepting that thou then proceed to 12,000.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:32 PM   #67
sike
The Preacha

I can always count on toad to make me laugh...

Old 11-17-2006, 06:06 PM   #68
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
I think he said 12K...

12,000 shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be 12,000. 11,998 shalt thou not count, neither count thou 11,999, excepting that thou then proceed to 12,000.
Isn't it b, a, b, a, select, start???

Also, didn't someone have a very similar signature to your post at one point???
Old 11-17-2006, 06:08 PM   #69
sike
The Preacha

all that really matters is that the toad has it now...and you're jealous.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #70
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Isn't it b, a, b, a, select, start???

Also, didn't someone have a very similar signature to your post at one point???
You may be right, dan, it's been so long since I did that code that I may not be remembering it 100%...

Yeah, I think it was dooby who had that quote as his sig... but then again my memory is obviously CRAP!!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:26 PM   #71
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Nope Iron, you are right - officially:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/281.html

With that said, there are probably 20 sites that come up showing it as B A B A, so I don't know for sure. I am almost positive I typed in B A B A, but I guess it worked either way.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:34 PM   #72
sike
The Preacha

different games perhaps?

Old 11-17-2006, 06:34 PM   #73
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Rob or anyone else, is Saints Row as good as or better than the newest GTA for PS2??? I know the graphics, but I am talking about the fun factor - gameplay!!!

Let me know, because I am interested in buying that as well.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:35 PM   #74
sike
The Preacha

does anyone here have or have played Gears of War....and what do you think?

Old 11-17-2006, 06:49 PM   #75
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Nope Iron, you are right - officially:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/281.html

With that said, there are probably 20 sites that come up showing it as B A B A, so I don't know for sure. I am almost positive I typed in B A B A, but I guess it worked either way.
I'm pretty sure it was a double B A as well.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #76
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

By the way, does anyone know how the HELL you can edit attributes in Madden 07 for 360??? If you can't, is there a way to download roster updates that would show Romo improved and make them active for the game in Exibition mode and Franchise mode???

Thanks in advance, as this is going to really suck if there isn't a way!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 07:22 PM   #77
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

PS3 has gotten some bad reviews on a lot of games at launch because there have been massive reports of lag even during single player. Developers outside Sony have had a really hard time developing games equal to the 360 without that lag, and it looks like it will be hard for a while for developers to cross consoles because the PS3 has to be built for the system from the ground up as direct translations turn out buggy, slow or graphically less intensive.

Anyway, it will hopefully get better, but Ill stick with my PS2 and Harvest Moon until I can get a used copy of Viva Pinata for the 60 or a Wii without having to break my face
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:26 PM   #78
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Again about the editing of player attributes with Madden 07 on the 360, I read about a transfer kit where I could download other users' rosters, but how would they update them if I can't on the game???

Please help with this!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:11 PM   #79
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Ok, not sure if i remeber how exactly but i think this is how you get updated rosters for madden. Sign online and create a "session". When you do this itll require you to download the latest roster. Once it DL's and the file is saved, Leave the session you just created. Back into your franchise, before you do anything else, load that roster file that was just saved. Then save your franchise, and continue as normal.

As far as Saints Row? I dont know. Its a really good/fun game but it rips off GTA so much. And doesnt do it nearly as good. I'd say rent it first.

Edit - actaully, their should be a Saints Row demo in the marketplace. DL that.

Last edited by LonestarROB; 11-17-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:23 AM   #80
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Will do Rob, but about the roster, I was hoping for an edited roster with actual correct stats and attributes. I mean COME ON... Henry is better than Newman on this game and I can't change that. What the F was EA thinking???