Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #41
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer
Mavericks have now clinched home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs--14 1/2 up on Houston with 13 to play (Houston has 12 left).
Shouldn't that read second round of play-offs?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:14 AM   #42
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Oh yeah...

Suns - 7
Spurs - 4
I believe the magic # for the Spurs is now 3.
Dallas cannot lose the first tie breaker (head-to-head) and with the win last night Dallas owns the second tie breaker (Division record) .
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #43
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwD
Shouldn't that read second round of play-offs?
Dallas will clinch home court for the second round when the lowest they can fall is second place. That will happen with any combination of 3 Dallas wins or SA losses.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #44
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
Dallas cannot lose the first tie breaker (head-to-head) and with the win last night Dallas owns the second tie breaker (Division record) .
you're right, hank8......Dallas has a two game lead over SA in the division with only one remaining division game (v SA)...

suns - 7
spurs - 3
Old 03-28-2007, 10:07 AM   #45
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

not even the horrible voodoo of this thread can stop our boys!

hey look an Indian Warrior!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #46
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
Yeah just realized that this morning. Wow.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:50 PM   #47
Henry_VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
not even the horrible voodoo of this thread can stop our boys!
I can see the "horrible voodoo" argument if we were counting games *before* they were won. I see no harm in counting the chickens that have hatched.

6 game road streak
currently building on a 7 game winning streak
tied for 3rd best 70 game start
clinched first round and finals home court

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
hey look an Indian Warrior!
The only Warriors I'm interested in looking at are from California and only through cross-hairs. They've got some payback coming.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #48
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Magic number is still 16. Sixteen wins after the regular season is over. Even the Mavs are holding themselves accountable to that number.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:40 PM   #49
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
Magic number is still 16. Sixteen wins after the regular season is over. Even the Mavs are holding themselves accountable to that number.
yeah, I get this. thing is, I can't start counting backwards on that sixteen until after the regular season is over. and I really enjoy counting backwards. it's what we do at the end of games and just before new year. it's fun. you should try it sometime.

everybody now....

ten
nine
eight
seven....

(ok, hold it there until tomorrow)
Old 03-28-2007, 04:47 PM   #50
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
yeah, I get this. thing is, I can't start counting backwards on that sixteen until after the regular season is over. and I really enjoy counting backwards. it's what we do at the end of games and just before new year. it's fun. you should try it sometime.

everybody now....

ten
nine
eight
seven....

(ok, hold it there until tomorrow)
Yea, I am having fun. go to http://markmarsha.homestead.com/Mavsvideo.html to see how much fun I am having counting down!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:58 PM   #51
bricklayer

bricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the rough

Cool!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:26 AM   #52
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Suns - 6
Spurs - 2

They've lost no momentum since we started this thread!

(left texas, looks like you're counting up)
Old 03-30-2007, 01:27 AM   #53
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Suns - 5
Spurs - 2
Old 03-30-2007, 10:56 AM   #54
left texas
Golden Member

Quote:
Suns - 6
Spurs - 2

They've lost no momentum since we started this thread!

(left texas, looks like you're counting up)
Oh well, how about this number?
According to this guy the Magic Number is 30. And depending on what you have partaken of' this could still be the magic number.

"How about thirty?"

"That's just what I was thinkin'!"
Old 03-30-2007, 11:09 AM   #55
left texas
Golden Member

Quote:
Suns - 5
Spurs - 2
On a more serious note. It is possible we could have everything all locked up as early as the end of games next Tuesday.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:20 AM   #56
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
On a more serious note. It is possible we could have everything all locked up as early as the end of games next Tuesday.
I believe Sunday afternoon is actually a possibility. If the Mavs win tonight and the Suns lose then the magic number over the Suns is 3. A win for the mavs (1) sunday over the suns (2) secures the tie-breaker (3)....
Old 03-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #57
left texas
Golden Member

Quote:
I believe Sunday afternoon is actually a possibility. If the Mavs win tonight and the Suns lose then the magic number over the Suns is 3. A win for the mavs (1) sunday over the suns (2) secures the tie-breaker (3)....
I stand corrected. I did not even think about the tiebreaker.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:49 PM   #58
Henry_VIII

Quote:
I was thinking through this exact scenario this morning, but caught myself counting unhatched chickens. The April 1 game could accomplish alot though:
possible 10 game winning streak
chance to win division
chance of winning the conference (outside of Mav's control though--Phoenix must lose tonight)

Some good storylines though for the announcers on Sunday.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:21 PM   #59
Henry_VIII

Suns - 4
Spurs - 1
Old 03-30-2007, 10:24 PM   #60
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
I've been thinking about this all week, but it just sounds so good, that mentioning it must certainly be a jinx.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #61
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a win today gets us the division and another win would get us the #1 seed, correct?
Old 04-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #62
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

A win today would move the magic number from 4 to 1 for the conference and from 2 to 1 for the division. A win today would clinch the h2h tie-breaker with the Suns, thereby giving the Mavs the edge in the event of a tie at seasons end. A win today and a win against Sac on Tuesday would clinch conference/division and home court through the playoffs.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #63
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Meep meep!!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #64
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner
A win today would move the magic number from 4 to 1 for the conference and from 2 to 1 for the division. A win today would clinch the h2h tie-breaker with the Suns, thereby giving the Mavs the edge in the event of a tie at seasons end. A win today and a win against Sac on Tuesday would clinch conference/division and home court through the playoffs.
StackAttack is right, we already have tie-break advantage over the Squirts. (two fewer losses in the division, one game to go)
Old 04-01-2007, 10:26 PM   #65
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Uh, guys? The Spurs lost.

MAVS WIN THE SOUTHWEST DIVISION!!!

Bittersweet after a blowout loss, but who cares.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #66
Henry_VIII

Quote:
Uh, guys? The Spurs lost.

Bittersweet after a blowout loss, but who cares.

So now we're down to:

Suns - 4

Old 04-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #67
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Are we sure about the division?

It just seems like I would've heard something about that today among the miserable post game activites
Old 04-01-2007, 11:30 PM   #68
left texas
Golden Member

Dallas 61-12 Spurs 52-21 Do we have tie breaker? Can't see Dallas dropping 9 in a row.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:30 PM   #69
left texas
Golden Member

Dallas 61-12 Spurs 52-21 Do we have tie breaker? Can't see Dallas dropping 9 in a row.

Oh no, the double post.

Last edited by left texas; 04-01-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:32 PM   #70
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Are we sure about the division?

It just seems like I would've heard something about that today among the miserable post game activites
Spurs game was played after the Mavs game?
Old 04-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #71
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep, we have the tiebreaker. If we beat the Spurs in 2 weekends, we have that tiebreaker, but if we don't, and the series is 2-2, we have the next tiebreaker (division record, since the Spurs already have 2 more division losses than us and we only have 1 division game left).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:38 PM   #72
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

sweet
Old 04-04-2007, 10:10 AM   #73
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Division (Spurs) -- Done Deal (and if you didn't know this you should leave, immediately)

Conference (Suns) -- 3
Old 04-04-2007, 10:53 AM   #74
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Division (Spurs) -- Done Deal (and if you didn't know this you should leave, immediately)

Conference (Suns) -- 3
GREAT BIG STINKING COUNTDOWN!!

Let's get to the second season baby...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #75
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

DOS!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:39 PM   #76
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I remember DOS....terrible OS.

Just terrible.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #77
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I remember DOS....terrible OS.

Just terrible.
I remember DOS.....fantastic beer.

Just fantastic.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:00 AM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think thats DOS XX
Old 04-06-2007, 12:12 AM   #79
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

is the next tiebreaker conference record? just wondering.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:49 AM   #80
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
is the next tiebreaker conference record? just wondering.
For the Mavs and Suns it is, because they're in different divisions. At this point though, Dallas is so far ahead that if they lost enough games to cause a tie, all those losses would be against other teams in the conference, so Phoenix would get the tiebreaker!