Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #41
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
What was Collison supposed to do? He was off balance, so was he supposed to fly into the crowd and let Yao get an easy layup? If you can't block the shot foul him so he can't make the basket. The two handed bear hug could have been a flagrant, but it wasn't malicious, and it wasn't worthy of ejection.

I think we've finally figured out why Rocket fans are so bitter about our series against them. Their minds have been polluted by their local play-by-play announcers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eY8qGHU52E

I've never heard whining by professional announcers anything near this level before. I think probably about three or four plays at most in the entire reel were bad calls, and that includes Finley's out of bounds steal. That's pretty normal for an NBA game, and we don't even see the bad calls the other way.

Yao's physical gifts of size and skill really frustrate the ordinary jerkoffs in the NBA. Yao had sealed the paint on defense blocking shiiit left and right and Collison was frustrated and that skill-less bastard knowing no other way to stop from getting his diaper-wearing azz from getting owned grabbed Yao with 2 hands and threw him down. For all you freaks that think Collison could not have the strength to do that........its called momentum.......he used Yao's forward momentum to bring him down...thus it was not as hard to bring him down as compared to doing that while Yao is standing still.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2007, 10:39 PM   #42
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

^Fellow Rocket fans should be embarrassed because of you. You actually thought rabbitproof was being serious, QED.

And like I said, your minds are being polluted by those horrible announcers. Woe is Yao because his opponent didn't just get out of his way and fall into the crowd. Any lighter foul is a 3-point play.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:48 PM   #43
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
And like I said, your minds are being polluted by those horrible announcers.
actually its part of the announcers job to talk their team up. they are part of the organization and cant tell fans anything that makes the organization look bad. i cant honestly believe Clyde Drexler thinks Rafer Alston is a great point guard. do announcers go a bit far on some calls/noncalls? yes.
it's quite easy actually just listen to your hometown team announcers on certain calls then listen to the opponents announcers on those same calls. neither will bad talk their organization.

And1... re-read rabbitproof's post, please.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:51 PM   #44
And1

Quote:
^Fellow Rocket fans should be embarrassed because of you. You actually thought rabbitproof was being serious, QED.

And like I said, your minds are being polluted by those horrible announcers. Woe is Yao because his opponent didn't just get out of his way and fall into the crowd. Any lighter foul is a 3-point play.

Ok, so my bad if rabbit was kidding, I didn't know.

Way to assume I know you well enough to know you(rabbit) are not a dumbazz.

Last edited by And1; 04-12-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #45
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is German?!? You must think the Earth is round!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:57 PM   #46
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
Stop! You're confusing him too much as it is!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #47
And1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof

How was I supposed to know you were not a 13 yr old mav fan that did not have a clue.

Try using one of these to get the point across to people who don't know your online personality.

And, umm the earth is flat....hello
Old 04-12-2007, 11:00 PM   #48
And1

Quote:
Stop! You're confusing him too much as it is!

Thanks for sticking up for me!!. I am just a blind roxs fan trying to find my way.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:08 PM   #49
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
actually its part of the announcers job to talk their team up. they are part of the organization and cant tell fans anything that makes the organization look bad. i cant honestly believe Clyde Drexler thinks Rafer Alston is a great point guard. do announcers go a bit far on some calls/noncalls? yes.
it's quite easy actually just listen to your hometown team announcers on certain calls then listen to the opponents announcers on those same calls. neither will bad talk their organization.

And1... re-read rabbitproof's post, please.
Obviously I'm not unbiased with respect to the Dallas guys, but I think I would be pretty embarssed if they called a whole game the way the Rocket guys did in Mavs/Rockets Game 5. Certainly you bend the broadcast in favor of your team, but nonstop wailing and whining isn't the way to go.

"You're right, Yao, but they did not whistle because it's Nowitzki."
"My suggestion to Mutombo is to try and steal this because the toss isn't going to be very good."
"Nowitzki just doesn't get called for any fouls."
"The referees have just gotten together for a conference, and you know what that means, the Rockets lose every one of them."

These comments may be appropriate in your living room or in a bar, but not by broadcasters on TV.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:10 PM   #50
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1
How was I supposed to know you were not a 13 yr old mav fan that did not have a clue.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool that to speak and remove all doubt."
Old 04-12-2007, 11:18 PM   #51
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Obviously I'm not unbiased with respect to the Dallas guys, but I think I would be pretty embarssed if they called a whole game the way the Rocket guys did in Mavs/Rockets Game 5. Certainly you bend the broadcast in favor of your team, but nonstop wailing and whining isn't the way to go.

"You're right, Yao, but they did not whistle because it's Nowitzki."
"My suggestion to Mutombo is to try and steal this because the toss isn't going to be very good."
"Nowitzki just doesn't get called for any fouls."
"The referees have just gotten together for a conference, and you know what that means, the Rockets lose every one of them."

These comments may be appropriate in your living room or in a bar, but not by broadcasters on TV.
i never said i agree with them. the announcer (Bill Worrell) does go too far sometimes. Yao was fouled by Dirk on that one layup. other than that he shouldnt have said the other things.

but remember these are selected clips put together so it may seem like he says that stuff all the time. usually bill worrell compliments many opponents, that night on those plays... he didnt.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #52
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Collison did not throw Yao down. Not at all. They got tied up, Collison let go after he was sure Yao wasn't putting a shot up and then Yao fell on his own to the ground. If I were a Rockets fan I'd be embarassed that Yao fell down on that.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:32 PM   #53
And1

Quote:
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool thaN to speak and remove all doubt."
Let's keep this going.....you must be a fool too (rolling eyes to myself, btw)

Wow, I am a fool ...whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by And1; 04-12-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:15 AM   #54
DOMINATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Collison did not throw Yao down. Not at all. They got tied up, Collison let go after he was sure Yao wasn't putting a shot up and then Yao fell on his own to the ground. If I were a Rockets fan I'd be embarassed that Yao fell down on that.
embarassed? im not... Yao got up and scored 10 points within a few minutes.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:09 AM   #55
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Ok, so I didn't spellcheck before I copy/pasted. My first typo in the history of this board. I guess.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:20 AM   #56
And1

Quote:
Ok, so I didn't spellcheck before I copy/pasted. My first typo in the history of this board. I guess.

Hey, I was just saying shiit happens and that I looked like a dumbo believing rabbit at face value.

No probs and good luck in the playoffs.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:52 AM   #57
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Who's the dipshit who created this thread in the first damn place? What do any of us give a shit whether Yao was butt-raped by Collison? Sorry, Yao, that's the price of playing in the NBA. Get used to it, or do something about it.

You'd think these guys were primadonnas or something. Hey, Rox fans, I'm here to tell you: If Yao is scared, tell him to put on a helmet!

I'm sure he's not, so I don't know why you are. If we happen to meet in the second round, it won't be unwelcome. You provide a formidable threat, it's true, but please forgive me for saying that I don't find you all that threatening.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:34 AM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What was Collison supposed to do? He was off balance, so was he supposed to fly into the crowd and let Yao get an easy layup? If you can't block the shot foul him so he can't make the basket. The two handed bear hug could have been a flagrant, but it wasn't malicious, and it wasn't worthy of ejection.

I think we've finally figured out why Rocket fans are so bitter about our series against them. Their minds have been polluted by their local play-by-play announcers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eY8qGHU52E

I've never heard whining by professional announcers anything near this level before. I think probably about three or four plays at most in the entire reel were bad calls, and that includes Finley's out of bounds steal. That's pretty normal for an NBA game, and we don't even see the bad calls the other way.
Holy crap that was a lot of whining.

I especially liked "Looks like the officials are going to huddle up. You know what it means when that happens...the Rockets are NOT going to get the call!". Just wow.

The missed call on Finley was a horrible missed call at a very important time of the game though. I'll give em that. They could whine about that for a year and have a point.

But a lot of the other stuff was just ridiculous.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:58 AM   #59
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This perfectly encapsulates houston.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #60
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

By the way, remember that first play when Terry blocks Wesley? Don't worry, he wouldn't have made the layup anyway.

Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvOm7dPS0Uw
Old 04-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #61
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Lol, that was such a bad shot haha

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #62
DOMINATOR

Quote:
haha thats funny. i wasnt a wesley fan when he was here.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:48 PM   #63
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
This perfectly encapsulates houston.
Ok kettle. Should I pull all the anti-ref, we were robbed, we got cheated, etc threads/posts relating to last years NBA Finals?
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote