Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-19-2007, 01:04 AM   #41
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Has a 6th seed even won since 2003? I can't think of one off the top of my head.
the clippers last year but they had homecourt so that really shouldnt count. cant think of another one off the top of my head.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2007, 01:05 AM   #42
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the 95 Rockets the 8th seed as well? That team won something like 47 games and still won the championship.
They were a 6th seed.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:06 AM   #43
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They were a 6th seed.
Ah, my bad.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:08 AM   #44
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not steal the kid's thunder. If anyone has bragging rights as of now, he does. It is foolish of us to try to tell him that his Warriors are dead. After all, they beat us every time they look at us.

But, it's a new start, and that's why they play the games. I like the Mavs' chances in a seven-game series.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:09 AM   #45
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the 95 Rockets the 8th seed as well? That team won something like 47 games and still won the championship.
Nope, the Nugs are the only ones to win from 8.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:11 AM   #46
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Nope, the Nugs are the only ones to win from 8.
Like 5-0 mentioned, the Knicks went to the finals from the 8th seed in the strike season.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:13 AM   #47
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's not steal the kid's thunder. If anyone has bragging rights as of now, he does. It is foolish of us to try to tell him that his Warriors are dead. After all, they beat us every time they look at us.

But, it's a new start, and that's why they play the games. I like the Mavs' chances in a seven-game series.
99 knicks
Old 04-19-2007, 01:14 AM   #48
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriors Fan
How many of those 67 wins were versus the Warriors??????? But im the idiot!? I rest my case.
You're right. The Warriors are going to beat the Mavs in 6. We know this for fact because the Warriors won three games against the Mavs in the regular season. By proving they could beat the Mavs by 3 points at the very beginning of the season when Jason Terry and Avery Johnson get ejected, once again on the second night of a back to back, and once more when the Mavs have already locked up the top seed and are resting their top 7 players, they have proven that they are just better than the Mavericks.

Son, the Warriors have one; count'em, ONE significant victory against the Mavs this year, and that was the one in Oakland when the Mavs had played the Lakers the night before. Let's see how they do in a seven game series when the Mavs have homecourt.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:16 AM   #49
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Dallas vs. Golden State

Game 1 - Sun April 22 Golden State at Dallas 8:30PM 9:30PM TNT
Game 2 - Wed April 25 Golden State at Dallas 8:30PM 9:30PM TNT
Game 3 - Fri April 27 Dallas at Golden State 7:30PM 10:30PM ESPN
Game 4 - Sun April 29 Dallas at Golden State 7:00PM 10:00PM TNT
Game 5 * Tue May 1 Golden State at Dallas TBD TBD TBD
Game 6 * Thu May 3 Dallas at Golden State TBD TBD TBD
Game 7 * Sat May 5 Golden State at Dallas TBD TBD TNT

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=2842560

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-19-2007 at 01:16 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:16 AM   #50
chumdawg
Guru

And the Mavs have NONE--count 'em, NONE--significant wins against the Warriors.

I never did understand the line of reasoning that attempted to make light of a beating.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:19 AM   #51
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Dallas vs. Golden State

Game 1 - Sun April 22 Golden State at Dallas 8:30PM 9:30PM TNT
Game 2 - Wed April 25 Golden State at Dallas 8:30PM 9:30PM TNT
Game 3 - Fri April 27 Dallas at Golden State 7:30PM 10:30PM ESPN
Game 4 - Sun April 29 Dallas at Golden State 7:00PM 10:00PM TNT
Game 5 * Tue May 1 Golden State at Dallas TBD TBD TBD
Game 6 * Thu May 3 Dallas at Golden State TBD TBD TBD
Game 7 * Sat May 5 Golden State at Dallas TBD TBD TNT

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=2842560
Two days between the first two games. I'll never understand this. Of course, it's also why I don't understand shutting it down in the last week. You get three days off, and then two days off after the first game and then two more days off. This is vacation time.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:19 AM   #52
Warriors Fan
Banned

Warriors Fan is infamous around these partsWarriors Fan is infamous around these parts

Bottom line, this is not a good matchup for the Mavs. Yes, we are a horrible rebounding team, but when the Mavs have to go small in order to play Nelly ball, do you really have a rebounding advantage then? The Warriors have problems with big teams who play big. The Mavs can't outscore the Warriors in a offensive, freeflowing, shootout. The Mavs will have to win with defense. I dont think they will with a little lineup. Warriors in 6!
Warriors Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:21 AM   #53
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:

I never did understand the line of reasoning that attempted to make light of a beating.
Why can't you make light of a beating when even the best teams are going to lose 15-20 games in any given season? They can't all mean something.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:22 AM   #54
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:

Why not, Chum? It's quite simple. The first one is at the very beginning of the season when the Mavs had their collective heads up their asses. The last one doesn't count at all because virtually the entire game was played by the Mavs' B-team.

So the Warriors have one significant victory against the Mavs, which occured on a night when the Mavs had played the Lakers the night before.

It's sound logic, is it not? Making light of it? Whatever that means... All I'm telling you is, it doesn't mean by any stretch of the imagination that the Warriors are going to beat the Mavs in 6.

You know, the Mavs suffered a blowout loss to the Clippers as well at the beginning of the season. I suppose we should be glad we don't have to face them.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-19-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:25 AM   #55
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Bottom line, this is not a good matchup for the Mavs. Yes, we are a horrible rebounding team, but when the Mavs have to go small in order to play Nelly ball, do you really have a rebounding advantage then? The Warriors have problems with big teams who play big. The Mavs can't outscore the Warriors in a offensive, freeflowing, shootout. The Mavs will have to win with defense. I dont think they will with a little lineup. Warriors in 6!
You do realize the the Mavs trail only PXH in offensive efficiency? For all your running, gunning and scoring, we're still the better offensive team...and the better defensive team...and the better rebounding team.

I have a healthy respect for the Warriors but you don't luck into 67 wins. You guys are facing the most balanced team in the league.

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-19-2007 at 01:26 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:27 AM   #56
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
You do realize the the Mavs trail only PXH in offensive efficiency? For all your running, gunning and scoring, we're still the better offensive team...and the better defensive team...and the better rebounding team.

I have a healthy respect for the Warriors but you don't luck into 67 wins. You guys are facing the most balanced team in the league.
Exactly. I respect the Warriors, but 67 wins doesn't lie. The Mavs are the best teamin the league and the Warriors will soon find that out.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:28 AM   #57
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'll never understand this. Of course, it's also why I don't understand shutting it down in the last week.
Beyond the rest factor, it's hard to get injured in a suit. Why risk it if you don't have to?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:28 AM   #58
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Bottom line, this is not a good matchup for the Mavs. Yes, we are a horrible rebounding team, but when the Mavs have to go small in order to play Nelly ball, do you really have a rebounding advantage then?
Well, considering the Mavs' "small" lineup usually has a frontline of Howard, Dirk, and Diop, yes, the Mavs do still have a significant rebounding advantage. When Devean George is thrown into the game at the 2, the gap only gets wider.

Quote:
The Warriors have problems with big teams who play big. The Mavs can't outscore the Warriors in a offensive, freeflowing, shootout. The Mavs will have to win with defense. I dont think they will with a little lineup. Warriors in 6!
Again with this "little" stuff. What is the Mavericks' small lineup?

Jason Terry
Devin Harris
Josh Howard
Dirk Nowitzki
Gana Diop

Do you really think the Mavs are going to give up a lot more rebounds to the Warriors by playing Diop more than Dampier? Or giving Dirk some more minutes at center? The Mavericks' "small" lineup is still bigger than the Warriors' regular rotation.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:33 AM   #59
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

the city of dallas (guide wise) via ESPN...kinda cool, if you're bored

http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/cit...ex?city=dallas
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:34 AM   #60
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

The mavs will have to go small because Dirk can't guard Stephen Jackson and Diop can't guard Al Harrington. This team (The Warriors) is the Phoenix of last year with a better small guy at center (Al Harrington). Even with Dirk at center and George at power forward Dallas has a size advantage.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 04-19-2007 at 01:35 AM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:41 AM   #61
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

FINALLY, BRING THIS @($* THE @(#$* ON..

82 games since we last played a meaningful game. We got business to finish from last summer.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:43 AM   #62
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000
Even with Dirk at center and George at power forward Dallas has a size advantage.
That's what I was getting at. The Mavs' "small" lineup will still outrebound the Warriors.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:47 AM   #63
Warriors Fan
Banned

Warriors Fan is infamous around these partsWarriors Fan is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Offensive efficiency??? The Warriors lead the NBA in PPG. I dont know about you, but Id rather outscore my opponent than be more offensively efficent than my opponent. I agree, the Mavs are a much better defensive and rebounding team. I feel like the Mavs strength is also their weakness. Yes, the Mavs are the most balanced team in the NBA, good in all areas, but not the best in any area. The Warriors are horrible on the road (much better as of late), horrible rebounding, not too good on D, but damnit, we sure can score!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:51 AM   #64
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Offensive efficiency??? The Warriors lead the NBA in PPG. I dont know about you, but Id rather outscore my opponent than be more offensively efficent than my opponent. I agree, the Mavs are a much better defensive and rebounding team. I feel like the Mavs strength is also their weakness. Yes, the Mavs are the most balanced team in the NBA, good in all areas, but not the best in any area. The Warriors are horrible on the road (much better as of late), horrible rebounding, not too good on D, but damnit, we sure can score!
which doesnt win you anything in the playoffs... trust me we did it a couple of years ago
Old 04-19-2007, 01:51 AM   #65
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
this shows how little you know.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:54 AM   #66
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Offensive efficiency??? The Warriors lead the NBA in PPG. I dont know about you, but Id rather outscore my opponent than be more offensively efficent than my opponent.
I'm sorry, but that's the single dumbest thing I've read in a long time, and by posting such a comment, you've shown that you don't have any real knowledge of how the game works.

PPG really doesn't tell us about how good or bad a team is offensively. All that really tells us is how fast a pace they play, and the Warriors certainly do play faster than anyone else.

You say you'd rather outscore your opponent? Well you know, the Mavs outscore their opponents a lot more often than the Warriors do. Actually, a lot of teams do.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-19-2007 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:56 AM   #67
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Offensive efficiency??? The Warriors lead the NBA in PPG. I dont know about you, but Id rather outscore my opponent than be more offensively efficent than my opponent.
PPG is fools gold. The Warriors lead the league in pace while the Mavs are 28th. Offensive efficiency adjusts for pace and tells you who scores more points per possession. That's why it’s a better indicator of offensive prowess then PPG.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:58 AM   #68
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
You guys are like a worse version of us from like 3 years ago. Scoring while not be able to do anything else will get you nothing in the playoffs, believe me, we know.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:08 AM   #69
Warriors Fan
Banned

Quote:
I'm sorry, but that's the single dumbest thing I've read in a long time, and by posting such a comment, you've shown that you don't have any real knowledge of how the game works.

PPG really doesn't tell us shit about how good or bad a team is offensively. All that really tells us is how fast a pace they play, and the Warriors certainly do play faster than anyone else.

You say you'd rather outscore your opponent? Well you know, the Mavs outscore their opponents a lot more often than the Warriors do. Actually, a lot of teams do.
Overall, thats my point, the tempo of the game! The Warriors play Nelly ball, the Mavs have to tinker with their linup to play Nelly ball. You have to get smaller to play OUR tempo. Advantage, Warriors. Just look...............

PG- Baron Davis
SG- Monta Ellis
SF- Jason Richardson
PF- Stephen Jackson
C- Al Harrington

Mismatches all over the court!
Old 04-19-2007, 02:15 AM   #70
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Overall, thats my point, the tempo of the game! The Warriors play Nelly ball, the Mavs have to tinker with their linup to play Nelly ball. You have to get smaller to play OUR tempo. Advantage, Warriors. Just look...............

PG- Baron Davis
SG- Monta Ellis
SF- Jason Richardson
PF- Stephen Jackson
C- Al Harrington

PG Terry
SG Harris or Buckner
SF Howard
PF George
C Nowitzki. No more mismatches.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 04-19-2007 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:16 AM   #71
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:

PG- Baron Davis
SG- Monta Ellis
SF- Jason Richardson
PF- Stephen Jackson
C- Al Harrington

You still don't get it. How much do the Mavs have to adjust their lineup really to play against that lineup?

Jason Terry
Devin Harris
Josh Howard
Devean George
Dirk Nowitzki

So, what are you trying to say? That the Warriors can force Dampier and Diop out the game? I'm not even concieding that at all, but let's say you're right... So what? How exactly does this translate into the Warriors having any kind of advantage? The Mavericks still have the size advantage, and will still outrebound the Warriors.

Edit: And there aren't mismatches "all over the court." If anything, by playing this lineup Nellie would give up potentially his most valuble mismatch by allowing Howard to guard Richardson, and while also letting Avery keep Devin Harris in the starting lineup. The ONLY mistmatch created by the lineup you mention is Dampier/Diop vs. Harrington. Dirk slides over to center, and Deaven George guards Jackson. Since neither Dampier nor Diop are by any stretch of the imagination scoring threats, and George is bigger than Jackson, I don't see how this detrimentally effects the Mavs at all. Like I said before, the Mavs still have the rebounding advantage.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 04-19-2007 at 02:21 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:25 AM   #72
Five-ofan
Guru

what im getting out of this is that people forget how damn big dirk is. hes 7-1 1/2. Theres a reason hes a dominant(and he is dominant) rebounder throughout his playoff career. when both teams go small, the mavs dont really go small because they are still playing a big he just happens to be able to play quick.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:29 AM   #73
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Harrington can hit the 3 so I do think he forces Dampier or Diop out of the game. Dirk probably doesn't want to guard a quick swing man either (Stephen Jackson). That will tire him out. Hopefully Avery makes the right decision and puts a faster lineup out there (not going small). Than Golden State will put a lineup consisting of Davis, Ellis, Pietrius, Richardson, and Jackson. lol

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 04-19-2007 at 02:33 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:29 AM   #74
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

Quote:
But im the idiot!? I rest my case.
Yes, you've proved your idiocy magnificently. Well done.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:30 AM   #75
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
what im getting out of this is that people forget how damn big dirk is. hes 7-1 1/2. Theres a reason hes a dominant(and he is dominant) rebounder throughout his playoff career. when both teams go small, the mavs dont really go small because they are still playing a big he just happens to be able to play quick.
Bingo. Really, Warriors Fan, think about it. If Nellie really does play a frontline of Richardson , Jackson, and Harrington for the bulk of the series, his team is going to get slaughtered on the boards.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:30 AM   #76
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I don't see why need to adjust to Nellie ball. If anything the Warriors will have to adjust to Mavs ball. Enjoy the fishing.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:31 AM   #77
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Warrior fan also doesnt seem to realize how damn good Dirk is. Dirk is CLEARLY the best player in this series. The warriors dont know what they have gotten themselves into.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:33 AM   #78
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000
Harrington can hit the 3 so I do think he forces Dampier or Diop out of the game. Dirk probably doesn't want to guard a quick swing man either (Stephen Jackson). That will tire him out. Hopefully Avery makes the right decision and puts a faster lineup out there (not going small).
I don't buy it. Nellie can't afford to play Harrington at center the entire series, because Dirk is going to kill him on the boards. At some point, Biedrins is going to have to play a lot of minutes.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:35 AM   #79
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're confusing PPG with MOV.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:38 AM   #80
Five-ofan
Guru

btw im not sure if this has any bearing but i just remembered something, does anyone remember the guy dirk made his name against before coming to the nba??? it was none other than mister al harrington. just an interesting little tidbit.