Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #41
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

people like dude1394 and Rhylan and others who post on this board are obviously hardcore enough fans... and like Mary said, it wasn't a personal issue I had with anyone on this board...

btw, I've been to playoff and regular season games at the AAC since the 04-05 season (whenever possible, b/c tickets sell out in like 2.2 freakin seconds, and ***holes who buy them and sell them for double the price can suck my nellie)
Old 04-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #42
bricklayer

bricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the rough

I agree with Rhylan, I did 2 tix half season with 3 other friends making my payout a quarter season (about 10 games) in the 18 dollar range. Personally I hate the PA announcer whipping us into chanting defense and egging us on to get "rowdy". I'm (hopefully) smart enough to know when to do that. And if you want to shut the GS crowd up go up by 20 points lets see how loud they are then.

Last edited by bricklayer; 04-29-2007 at 11:49 AM.
bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:51 AM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricklayer
And if you want to shut the GS crowd up go up by 20 points lets see how loud they are then.

eFFING A!!! F'em, let's go!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:51 AM   #44
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
people like dude1394 and Rhylan and others who post on this board are obviously hardcore enough fans... and like Mary said, it wasn't a personal issue I had with anyone on this board...
I agree. I bet Rylan and Dude are both pretty rowdy guys - no doubt.

But I don't think there's an objective observer out there that would say the Game 2 crowd was nearly as lively as the Game 3 crowd. Certainly there were different circumstances in each game...but the observation itself was completely valid.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-29-2007 at 11:56 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:52 AM   #45
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And if you want to shut the GS crowd up go up by 20 points lets see how loud they are then.
I'm all for that.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:59 AM   #46
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I agree. I bet Rylan and Dude are both pretty rowdy guys - no doubt.

But I don't think there's an objective observer out there that would say the Game 2 crowd was nearly as lively as the Game 3 crowd. Certainly there were different circumstances in each game...but the observation itself was completely valid.
No doubt, in fact I'm not sure I've EVER heard a crowd louder except possibly the cowbell crowds. A surging team and a team that's kicking butt effect the crowd a ton. They are symbiotic.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #47
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

What I don't understand is Mav fans sense of entitlement... like the championship is rightly theirs and that if they lose it, it is because someone stole it from them. The fans will sit on their hands and sip their jack and cokes during the games and talk about how the Mavs are just fabulous. It's only when they lose that you'll hear anything out of these guys Blaming the refs, throwing temper tantrums, formulating conspiracy theories... this is how Maverick fans operate these days.

I could understand this kind of attitude coming from Laker fans, Yankee fans, Cowboy fans. But Maverick fans? Maverick fans?!?!?? This team has never won anything. We were the laughing stock of the NBA for a full decade! Where do Mav fans get off acting like this?
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #48
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Think about it, Game 3 was the first playoff game for Warriors fans to go to in 13 years. 13 years! Clinton hadn't even finished his first term in office, Michael Jordan was playing baseball for the minor league of the Chicago White Sox, The Dallas Cowboys were winning Super Bowls, Bret Hart was WWF Champion. Of course the crowd would be going nuts. Meanwhile the Mavs have 7 50 win seasons in a row, they went to the Finals last year. Our fans are now conditioned to winning. There's no way our crowd would be near as loud as GS'.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #49
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
What about picking up a pair full season tickets and splitting them 4 ways with friends? Plenty of people could even afford the cheaper lower boal seats by using that method. In the lower bowl, a pair of tickets for a quarter-season could run you as little as $1500 or so. I know people whose cell phone bills run them damn near that much. They could stop yapping to their friends about how poor they are and go to some Mavs games.
This is how my dad does it, and it honestly works great. My dad and two of his friends from work split season tickets, and thanks to this method I have seen many big Mavs games over the years... Game 3 against the Spurs in the semis last year, the night Dirk dropped 50 on the Suns, etc.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:30 PM   #50
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
What I don't understand is Mav fans sense of entitlement... like the championship is rightly theirs and that if they lose it, it is because someone stole it from them. The fans will sit on their hands and sip their jack and cokes during the games and talk about how the Mavs are just fabulous. It's only when they lose that you'll hear anything out of these guys Blaming the refs, throwing temper tantrums, formulating conspiracy theories... this is how Maverick fans operate these days.
How many "conspiracy theories" do you hear going around for the way we are playing this series? With the exception of a few nutty fans that plague every fan base in any sport, I don't hear any flying around right now.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 04-29-2007 at 12:31 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:34 PM   #51
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
What I don't understand is Mav fans sense of entitlement... like the championship is rightly theirs and that if they lose it, it is because someone stole it from them. The fans will sit on their hands and sip their jack and cokes during the games and talk about how the Mavs are just fabulous.
Actually you can't have jack and cokes in the stands, dammit. Suites yes but not stands. Guess you haven't made a game in a while.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:13 PM   #52
dude1394
Guru

I do wish the mavs had a "color" that folks could wear like miami does. T-shirts over mavs shirts are kind of a whip. But everyone wearing the same blue or white color would be pretty cool. I almost always see mavs stuff on the majority of people but they are always differentiated. From purchased to created.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:56 PM   #53
enervate

enervate will become famous soon enough

Mary Rocks!!!!
enervate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #54
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Mary is a thread Nazi!!

Last edited by pkdumas; 04-29-2007 at 03:14 PM.
pkdumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #55
MeganLuvsMavs

MeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the rough

If I could afford those seats I swear I wouldn't be even sitting in them during games, let alone the playoffs.

I'm going to need the crowd to get more into the games or there are plenty of people who would absolutely love to show them how.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:25 PM   #56
MeganLuvsMavs

MeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the rough

But best believe, when I get out of school and get my career, I will be getting season tickets and I will be in full Maverick gear and attitude every game...whether they are sorry or not.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #57
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Apples to oranges. I remember people including me saying our crowd was electric when we played Phoenix back in March. This was GS first playoff home game in 13 years. Of course they will be excited moreso than the Mavs because we are expecting more than what GS is experiencing. I don't think Spurs fans are that rowdy and loud themselves.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #58
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

saying that "dallas [fans} are pathetic" is one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read on this board.

and no, it is not a "cocaine and boob job crowd" either.

I sit next to a couple from arlington who typically have their two infant kids with them. the kids have their own mavs outfits, one a dirk jersey and he other a josh jersey. it's cute as hell.

behind me is a retired couple. I don't believe they have missed a game in over a decade. "passionate" is an understatement.

in front is a family that all come to the games, mom, dad and their two sons. those kids can really scream, let me tell you!

an interesting fact: dallas has one of the longest sell out streaks in the nba.

another interesting fact: golden state didn't even sell out all their home games this season.

so tell me, who has the most passionate fans, the team that sells out for like 7 years straight or the team that doesn't even sell out their games this season?

oracle arena was absolute bedlam on friday night. it was one of the loudest arenas (via tv) that I've heard since..well, since the mavs playoff games last year. lots of pent up excitement when a fan waits 12 years to be at a game that means something....

so my suggestion is to not make these generalized (and uninformed imho) negative comments about the crowd at the aac. that place can be deafening, and that's because of the noise the crowd puts out. it's because there are a LOT of passionate fans who come to the mavs games.

when jet terry goes out after a to and waves his arms up in the air, all i can say is the crowd DEFINITELY responds.

when the team needs a boost of emotion, the aac crowd is there to help out.

I expect the crowd to be very, very loud on tuesday (just like it was last wednesday). I'm also expecting the mavs to be very, very focused for that game.

it should be an electric combination.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:47 PM   #59
dude1394
Guru

Love it mavie. We also sit right next to a couple who've had their tickets since the 80's. In front is a guy who brings his ma with him every game. They are die-hard fans. The seats next to me must be given away or something because there is always new fans there and they usually scream their heads off.

There's another couple who waits until the crowd thins out every game, just so they can high-5 folks they recognize. They never miss a game.

Touche' about the gsw sellouts.

Last edited by dude1394; 04-29-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:14 PM   #60
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

For folks who really are serious about season tix but think they can't afford them, consider this: My tickets, for a pair for a full season, are $1320. There is one section cheaper than mine--those were roughly half the price for a season package, so say $660--for 45 games. That makes a half-season $330 for two seats. Mini-plan--$115, for two seats. And I have never had a problem finding someone to take my tickets off my hands for face value when I couldn't make it to a game, either through this board, work, or friends. It's a pretty small investment and a hell of a lot of fun. This is my 5th year (only lived in Texas for 6) with Mavs season tickets; a few years back, I had Nets season tickets, full season split four ways with some friends. Very reasonable.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #61
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I've only been to a handful of Mavs games because I don't live in Dallas, but I've noticed something about the fans. They seem to be pretty extreme one way or the other. Either they scream their hearts out for three hours straight (possibly wearing the facepaint and wig too) or they come in a suit and tie and sit there never watching the game, as if it's tea and crumpet time (what's a crumpet?). The second type makes me feel bad for the first. They need to get out of the arena and sell their tickets to real fans.

It's not that Dallas has bad fans. It's that many of the good ones aren't allowed into the arena.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:04 PM   #62
MeganLuvsMavs

I think it's obvious that someone who has season tickets is a fan; why would they buy season tickets if they weren't?

I don't doubt that they are fans, just dead fans.