Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #41
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

west >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> east

poor boston

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #42
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Conspiracy theorists give me a good strong giggle.
It must be our tin-foil hats...
Old 05-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #43
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the Eastern Conference will be shipped down to compete with the NBDL. Send the Piston, Cavs, Heat, and Bulls over to the NBA side of things.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #44
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

i have a friend from boston...his status message reads "lighting myself on fire"

lol
Old 05-23-2007, 01:14 PM   #45
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Serves Boston and Memphis right. Maybe not Memphis because yea they were a playoff team recently but Gasol was hurt a lot last year. But Boston was tanking games. They deserved to get in the 10-14 range lol. But 5 will do lol. Long as it wasn't in the top 2.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:07 PM   #46
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Both Boston and Milwaukee were obviously tanking games - the bucks were the most obvious.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:10 PM   #47
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Before the lottery, there was talk of the possible need to change the lottery system so teams wouldn't tank games, now Jerry West is publicly complaining that they ought to just let teams pick in reverse order of record. Maybe the system in place is a good middle ground.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #48
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Both Boston and Milwaukee were obviously tanking games - the bucks were the most obvious.
That explains Milwaukee's record. You look at their roster and clearly they have one of the best in the East. Buck's will probably make the playoffs next year.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:44 PM   #49
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

bucks had many injuries. at one point they had 3 starters hurt
Old 05-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #50
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

but they weren't major injuries. They shut down villenueva, bogut, and redd. bogut with a sparined foot, and villenueava for a hurt shoulder. If they really cared, they could have easily played through that. redd had "left knee pain".

trust me, i had all 3 across two fantasy teams.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #51
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinFuture
Randolph to Jersey, who could use a PF, for Carter.

Jack, Sergio
Roy
Carter, Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden

Maybe Carter could even bring some leadership.
That's funny, my friend and I were just talking about Carter. Not sure how the contracts match up but some deals that include Randolph for Carter or Randolph for Lewis would be AWESOME for the blazers.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:52 PM   #52
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

why would the blazers want carter who is a bad jump shooter and mostly cuts to the basket when they have aldridge/oden in the paint? lewis would be a better fit and spread the court better.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #53
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Stack might be a better fit there actually.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:10 PM   #54
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #55
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
carter who is a bad jump shooter
lol.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #56
DOMINATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
lol.
he has horrible shot selection...
Old 05-23-2007, 10:47 PM   #57
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

vince is a bad jump shooter.

Contact Me
Old 05-23-2007, 11:27 PM   #58
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

I would take durant if I were portland. I just get weird sam bowie michael jordan vibes about greg oden. Durant was great at texas and I can see him being really special once he gets a little stronger and has someone to take a little offensive preasure off of him
Old 05-23-2007, 11:40 PM   #59
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I don't think any mediocore team should want Carter... I just hate that guys game. Trust me i've seen a lot of him as a Raptor and it seems he hasn't changed a damn bit as a Net. He won't be a difference maker, and he's definitely not a go to guy (or good jump shooter, very streaky).
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:53 PM   #60
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

vince carter= most overrated player in the NBA? He has got to be in the top 3
Old 05-24-2007, 02:30 AM   #61
alby
Guru

For the contact that he is asking? yes.

Contact Me
Old 05-24-2007, 02:35 AM   #62
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt
I would take durant if I were portland. I just get weird sam bowie michael jordan vibes about greg oden. Durant was great at texas and I can see him being really special once he gets a little stronger and has someone to take a little offensive preasure off of him
I really like Durant, and I think he will be a fantastic scorer in the NBA once his body matures. He has the skills and talents of Carmelo on the offensive side of the ball, but he just needs to work on his body.. that will come in time. But you just can't pass up on a center of Oden's potential. Sam Bowie was definitely a top 3 worst pick of all time in all of sports--but at the time, you really can't blame Portland. You already have a great SG in Clyde and like I said, you just can't pass up on a big guy who can potentially be a difference maker.

Contact Me
Old 05-24-2007, 06:28 AM   #63
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt
Oden is a guy who could be the next Duncan/Shaq. You don't pas on a guy like that who can win you titles for a swingmen no matter how good.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #64
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Portland's 'point' of view
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
May 24, 2007

Adrian Wojnarowski
Yahoo! Sports

Twenty-four hours had yet to pass on the draft lottery transformation of the Portland Trail Blazers, and general manager Kevin Pritchard and his staff already had brainstormed a most intriguing idea: If they're going to draft Greg Oden, they should take a hard look at making a trade to get Mike Conley Jr. to come with him.

So the discussion is under way, a source close to the team and Oden said Wednesday night, about trading into the top of the lottery for a second draft pick to secure the franchise center's personal point guard. It would be a brilliant, bold stroke for the Blazers G.M., and here's the thing: Pritchard has the parts and the imagination to make it happen.

He's on a professional roll, what with drafting LaMarcus Aldridge and trading for rookie of the year Brandon Roy. And now, against all odds, he won the No. 1 pick in the June 28 draft.

Does Pritchard have enough with Zach Randolph, a 20-and-10 low post scorer and rebounder, and Jarrett Jack, a competent point guard, as the backbone of a major trade? As it looks now, the Blazers are determined to find out.

ADVERTISEMENT
click here
Oden and Conley have been together through AAU and high school ball in Indiana and a Final Four season at Ohio State. Before they even won the lottery Tuesday, the Blazers had done enough research on Oden to understand that to get the most out of this mild-mannered Midwestern prodigy he needs to be comfortable. He never has played without his best friend, Conley, who happens to be the best point guard in the draft.

Already Conley and Oden, who flew to Oregon on Wednesday for a meeting at Nike, privately are discussing the possibility of Portland crafting a deal to keep them together. While Oden understands it's still something of a reach, the fact that the Blazers immediately thought of trying to get Conley thrilled Oden.

After talking with confidants about Portland winning the No. 1 pick, Oden expressed relief that he was going to a smaller market. He never has been enamored with the bright lights and big city. He was born in Buffalo, raised in Indianapolis and had little appetite for the suffocating pressures of, say, Boston.

As for the Celtics, who sit miserably at No. 5, they logically should be one of the Blazers' most promising trade partners. Without Oden or Kevin Durant, G.M. Danny Ainge is wisest to look hard at packaging his pick and a young player or two for veterans. Yet there is the pending problem of Ainge agreeing to do a major trade with the Blazers after that draft-day disaster a year ago that left them without Roy or Randy Foye – and with Sebastian Telfair. Another issue muddling this possibility is that Randolph is too similar to the Celtics' Al Jefferson.

Even so, if Ainge is going to get duped again, you'd figure he isn't going to let it be Pritchard.

Truth be told, the Blazers might have to get the third overall pick out of Atlanta's hands to guarantee that they can get Conley. The Hawks could get their point guard at No. 9 with Acie Law and use the third pick to bring back a powerful inside presence in Randolph. Of course, Atlanta may not have the salaries to give back for the maxed-out Randolph, and that's where a third team could be useful.

Together, Oden and Conley are represented by Mike Conley Sr., who has aligned himself with Bill Duffy's BDA Management. Duffy is a powerbroker agent who can facilitate the kind of major trade needed to happen here, one which likely will need the involvement of a third team.

Whatever happens, Pritchard's imagination started churning the moment that pingpong ball bounced the Blazers' way Tuesday night. He's going to go through the motions of evaluating Oden and Durant, but it's inevitable he'll choose the center over the forward. As it looks now, his real work between now and draft day could come with getting Oden's personal point guard to the Blazers, too. It would be some story, some future.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:38 AM   #65
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Conley, Roy, Webster, Aldridge, Oden playing together and improving together for the next decade?
Are you kidding me?
I almost wish I was a Portland fan.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #66
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Presuming that deal goes through, what an amazing transformation it'd be for Portland from...

The Jail Blazers: Stoudamire/Wells/Patterson/Randolph/Rashweed

to

Hail Blazers: Conley/ROY/Webster/Aldridge/Oden
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:44 AM   #67
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ok, it's all nice and good that oden and conley like playing together... and they do play well together. but that's also a HUGE red flag on oden. The guy can't be comfortable unless he plays with conley? this is someone who's supposed to be the cornerstone of the franchise and he needs a security blanket?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #68
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

don't call that an Oden weakness... I haven't heard any demands/request coming from the Oden camp.

Last edited by mcsluggo; 05-24-2007 at 01:05 PM.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #69
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

you are correct in that it is a rumor - but if it is true, that's a red flag.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-24-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:28 PM   #70
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

but its a rumor that the BLAZERS want to keep them together... not that Oden is pushing for it.. right?

So then what is that a red-flag for?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:11 PM   #71
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

the rumors i've read is that it is coming from Oden's camp, not the blazers. but it's still a rumor.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #72
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome that Oden and Conley have already been flown to portland. With Jack and Randolph on the trading block I think he'll be able to pull it off.

Conley/Roy/Webster(Outlaw too)/Aldridge/Oden

oldest one there is Roy at 23
wow..
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #73
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Portland...freaking rocks.

Last edited by StackAttack; 05-24-2007 at 04:16 PM.
StackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:08 PM   #74
alby
Guru

good for the city and region, the fans deserve better

Contact Me