Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrewsfan
Haha, nice pun....

I think he was fishing for the word "drivel"...

driv-el (noun, verb): childish, silly, or meaningless talk or thinking; nonsense; twaddle.

Reading is fundamental...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-10-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2007, 03:25 PM   #42
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Does anyone on the Mavs play defense right now? Hey Silk, calling a spade a spade is just your biased dribble because if you watched the games you would see that noone is playing good defense right now, including Mr Terry. Damp sometimes plays it...mmm thats about it lately.
Why dont you make a point? You sound like a senseless Mavs homer by suggesting I said Jet was playing defense. Get over it...Harris is getting manhandled on defense and it is costing us dearly right now. Like yourself and others suggested, Harris advantage has ALWAYS been on defense. Now, that his defense is exposed you want to talk about Jet's defense. How fitting?

Why dont you change your name to "DevinHarrisNEEDS2startPLAYINGdefense"

Harris is getting drilled on defense...No better way to say it, plus Avery and the coaching staff is sick of his inconsistency on offense as well.

Then for you to mention "IF" I watched the game, that was just silly. I have a GREAT view of Harris at the game

Problem is that you watch the television set with homer eyes!!!

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-10-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #43
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Why you little...!

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-10-2007 at 06:02 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:58 PM   #44
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Why dont you make a point? You sound like a senseless Mavs home by suggesting I said Jet was playing defense. Get over it...Harris is getting manhandled on defense and it is costing us dearly right now. Like yourself and others suggested, Harris advantage has ALWAYS been on defense. Now, that his defense is exposed you want to talk about Jet's defense. How fitting?

Harris is getting drilled on defense...No better way to say it, plus Avery and the coaching staff is sick of his inconsistency on offense as well.

Then for you to mention "IF" I watched the game, it is just silly. I have a GREAT view of Harris at the game

How can you expect good perimeter defense from anybody when they have Bass and Dirk as the last line of defense? Look at what happened to Detroit when they lost Ben Wallace. All of a sudden Rasheed and Tayshaun started getting lit up by Lebron, Deng, Gordon, Wade, etc. Bottom line is the centers have to play, if we want the perimeter defense to improve.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #45
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Damiper is the key to Dallas winning a championship.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:14 PM   #46
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Damiper is the key to Dallas winning a championship.
Obi-wan Dampier, you're our only hope.

... my "keys to the rings" list would have Dirk on it too (and higher up than damp).
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:28 PM   #47
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why dont you make a point? You sound like a senseless Mavs homer by suggesting I said Jet was playing defense. Get over it...Harris is getting manhandled on defense and it is costing us dearly right now. Like yourself and others suggested, Harris advantage has ALWAYS been on defense. Now, that his defense is exposed you want to talk about Jet's defense. How fitting?

Then for you to mention "IF" I watched the game, that was just silly. I have a GREAT view of Harris at the game

Ok I'm sorry, I can't take it anymore from you dude. You're a moron.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #48
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Devin, why haven't you added him to your ignore list yet?

Contact Me
Old 12-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #49
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Devin, why haven't you added him to your ignore list yet?
Good thinking. I don't see how I was biased saying the whole team plays poor defense...the guy just comes off as kinda nuts. Ignore here we come.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #50
adirktotheheart
Banned

adirktotheheart has a spectacular aura aboutadirktotheheart has a spectacular aura about

Perhaps he's focusing on Harris because he's the only one on the roster who's touted as a plus defender.
adirktotheheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:48 AM   #51
alby
Guru

Just some statistical analysis on Devin since I can't fall asleep tonight lol

over 30 minutes played: 16 games
15.6 points
6.4 assists
Mavericks record: 13-3

under 30 minutes played: 7 games
8.6 points
3.7 assists
Mavericks record: 3-4

Also, he's missed 4 games so far this year and the Mavericks are 2-2 in his absence.

Contact Me
Old 12-21-2007, 11:30 AM   #52
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

This proves it...This is a Harris HOMER to the highest degree. This guy even SLEEPS to Harris. This guy could not even go to sleep, because he was thinking about Harris. I have never seen a thing like this. No wonder half of his posts this season has been about pumping Harris up. He eats and sleeps Harris.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:43 AM   #53
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
This proves it...This is a Harris HOMER to the highest degree. This guy even SLEEPS to Harris. This guy could not even go to sleep, because he was thinking about Harris. I have never seen a thing like this. No wonder half of his posts this season has been about pumping Harris up. He eats and sleeps Harris.
Well guess what? He is right.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:10 PM   #54
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just some statistical analysis on Devin since I can't fall asleep tonight lol

over 30 minutes played: 16 games
15.6 points
6.4 assists
Mavericks record: 13-3

under 30 minutes played: 7 games
8.6 points
3.7 assists
Mavericks record: 3-4

Also, he's missed 4 games so far this year and the Mavericks are 2-2 in his absence.
Very interesting stats. Their job in describing how the team plays when Harris is on the court as opposed to when he's on the bench is limited. Some more useful stats would be:

1. Of the games he played less than 30 minutes, how many minutes did he average?
2. Hard to quantify, but what were the substitution patterns? How much was he on the court for each stint?

The stats might be accurate, but not much can be concluded from it. If Harris played 29 minutes, we lost, but he had a terrible stat line and was pulled by Avery due to poor play, that would be misleading. Also, was he given the reigns of offense or was he being put in then yanked out of the game at random? That would certainly affect these stats, and kind of goes hand in hand with the previous question.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #55
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

There was also a game, Atlanta, where Devin only played single-digit minutes due to injury. I think that will skew the stats to favor 30min+ games but I still think there is a story there.

Go Dev!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #56
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

The fact of the matter is that Devin Harris is sexy and all the women love him. See exhibit A:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=81270671

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:03 PM   #57
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh... that page is so poorly designed. =P

Is this ghost ball??
Old 12-21-2007, 02:15 PM   #58
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Very interesting stats. Their job in describing how the team plays when Harris is on the court as opposed to when he's on the bench is limited. Some more useful stats would be:

1. Of the games he played less than 30 minutes, how many minutes did he average?
2. Hard to quantify, but what were the substitution patterns? How much was he on the court for each stint?

The stats might be accurate, but not much can be concluded from it. If Harris played 29 minutes, we lost, but he had a terrible stat line and was pulled by Avery due to poor play, that would be misleading. Also, was he given the reigns of offense or was he being put in then yanked out of the game at random? That would certainly affect these stats, and kind of goes hand in hand with the previous question.
I agree, you can definitely dive deeper into his play this season than merely just minutes played and production. Simplistically, however, I think the premise I tried to make with these statistics is that when you give Devin consistent minutes, he will give you consistent play. The guy's effectiveness is so warranted on his minutes/confidence, that if you screw with it, his game suffers the most out of any Maverick because of it. He's not there yet, but he is slowly earning the status where Josh and Dirk are at--30+ minutes every single game no matter what.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-21-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:30 PM   #59
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
Ugh... that page is so poorly designed. =P
The fact that he types like a 4th grade girl ("Thanx!") is a bit disturbing.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-21-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #60
alby
Guru

4th grader? He looks like he's at least in 6th grade to me =]

Contact Me
Old 12-21-2007, 03:05 PM   #61
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

What's with his "Latino/Hispanic" heritage? Have I been missing something for these 4 years he's been here?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #62
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

I can barely read the text. It's like a Where's Waldo without our four-eyed friend. I did notice some webpage design link in there... "Pimp my webpage" or something. I most certainly will not be using them.

EDIT: Devin needs to look at his fan website. There's no reason why we should be reading radioactive-green text over a woman's straw hat.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-21-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:07 PM   #63
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
What's with his "Latino/Hispanic" heritage? Have I been missing something for these 4 years he's been here?
I wondered about that too. I always assumed he was either 100% black or 50% black/white.