Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #41
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Many of you are accurate in your assesment that Stern is telling anyone directly to do something for or against any specific team or player is NOT happening.

My own opinion is that Stern being the man in charge of the NBA is running his organization in such a way that will bring on the highest profit to his board of directors. That being said, he has to be creative in how he manages this organization for both the short term and long-term financial benefit of the NBA and those profiting off of the league, including himself.

As such, he has control over who works what games in what cities. He also has influence over the head of officiating, who also has no interest in seeing Mark Cuban succeed. Thus they together, can influence how officials interpret the rules as the action happens on the floor.

At the highest level, they can influence how games and players are called. The referees that get appointed to certain games or profit financially due to special assignments understand what the "Boss" is looking for.

It doesn't take 100 people to manipulate the NBA...all it takes is one or two people at the highest position to lead the league in the way that they want it to go.

They will find a way for the Superstar markets to always work their way to the upper echelon of the league. In other words New York, Boston, LA, Miami...these are the markets where the money is at. You could put Chicago and Detroit into that arena as well.

These are cities with the highest population and thus the highest ratings and the most willing and able to spend big dollars on the league.

As such you will always ssee a semblance of these cities in the race or winning it all.

Other cities make for great stories...but if the big cities are not a part of the equation then the NBA loses money. Now throw in the tantrums by Cuban and the Mavericks...this threatens the money tree of the NBA.

Look at the ratings to the Dallas-Miami finals...they where going down, until the Heat turned it around and pulled off the upset. Go back and watch the finals, and pay attention to how the games where called. Wade was created into a superstar...not simply because of his play on the court but also based on the phantom calls that provided him with so many free throws.

We can all go on to point to various moments that the Mavs have clearly been out officiated. I am certain that other small to mid-level market teams can share the same thing while the big-market teams gained the advantage.

Knowing this, I can choose to watch knowing that my team will always suffer at the hands of the NBA Allmighty. Or I can choose to spend my money on other venues.

Needless to say, my money has been steadily going to other sports...as a note, they are NOT going to the NFL or MLB and now the NBA is losing out.

Yes, I also understand that the opportunity for all sports to have their measure of corruption exist...one by one I will deal with them...this board is about the Mavs and the NBA and thus I am choosing to vent my frustrations about the NBA.

I will continue to watch Maverick Basketball games, but saddly, I am now watching with a jaded view. Until the NBA does something to clean up the officiating, they will only serve to strengthen my view that the league in some level is fixed. Obviously there is a bias against Mark Cuban and I believe that David Stern is laughing all the way to the bank.

Which is why, again, I would like to see some type of law-suit against the league...heck, if enough of us fans could pull our resources together to put together the game to game data and show the trends that Mark Cuban has proven...perhaps we could put together our own version of a class action law-suit.

Whatever it takes to get David Stern and his mob-squad hitmen out of the NBA!!!

On a side note, I support Avery Johnson as the Mavs coach...I actually believe he is one of the best coaches that Dallas has ever seen and perhaps ever will seen. I also believe we have some of the best players in the league...unfortunately, we are on the wrong side of the NBA Heads.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #42
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
What?
you bad juju! you bad juju! you stay away!
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #43
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

How do you suppose they clean up the officiating? Train robots to officiate the games?

Quote:
you bad juju! you bad juju! you stay away!

????????
I don't visit the board as much as some so help me out here. What the hell are you talking about?

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 03-05-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #44
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How do you suppose they clean up the officiating? Train robots to officiate the games?
publicly review calls. Fire the bad refs.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:23 PM   #45
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
publicly review calls. Fire the bad refs.

According to fans all the refs are bad in the NBA lol. I'd like to know where you'd be getting these refs from. As far as publicly reviewing calls I don't know what benefits would come out of that but I guess......It won't prevent refs from making bad calls. They're human. The bad calls will still continue.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #46
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
According to fans all the refs are bad in the NBA lol. I'd like to know where you'd be getting these refs from. As far as publicly reviewing calls I don't know what benefits would come out of that but I guess......It won't prevent refs from making bad calls. They're human. The bad calls will still continue.
go back and read some of the posts above. Because not all refs are bad in the same way, placing bad refs where you want them is a good way to influence games. Whether star calls and hometown calls are consciously made, if they know their job is on the line, the refs can consciously correct them.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #47
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Maybe we're just not good enough talent wise.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #48
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie
Maybe we're just not good enough talent wise.
Why don't you tell us more about the big man we don't have, ok?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Why don't you tell us more about the big man we don't have, ok?
Kind of ironic that he has Dampier as his sig...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #50
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Create robots to call the games. And don't tell Stern the code!
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #51
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Devin Harris- 6'3 185 pounds vs Brad Miller 7'0 261 pounds, Brad miller tackles devin to the floor but was he even suspended?? Nope, the Nba continues to prove that they are biased towards the Mavs. This league is rigged and we are the ones who are feeling the effects of a rigged league the most.

Last edited by LSMF; 03-05-2008 at 06:31 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #52
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
They will find a way for the Superstar markets to always work their way to the upper echelon of the league. In other words New York, Boston, LA, Miami...these are the markets where the money is at. You could put Chicago and Detroit into that arena as well.

These are cities with the highest population and thus the highest ratings and the most willing and able to spend big dollars on the league.

As such you will always ssee a semblance of these cities in the race or winning it all.
so THAT explains why new york and miami are well on their way to winning it all this year, and small markets like san antonio continually get the shaft and struggle to succeed...

Last edited by antoinewalker; 03-05-2008 at 06:33 PM.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #53
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
so THAT explains why new york and miami are well on their way to winning it all this year...
Miami won 2 seasons ago...

Boston & LA are both big markets too (and combine for 25 of 49 Championships in NBA history...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #54
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
so THAT explains why new york and miami are well on their way to winning it all this year...
Dude, have you not heard about Stern trying to get the Lakers And The Celtics in the finals? That would definitely boost the nba's ratings, it would be Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum vs Pierce, Garnett, and Allen. And we all know how big the market of LA is...
Old 03-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #55
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

There's no doubt in my mind that this league is crooked...

So far I have choosen to watch it, but am quickly falling off the wagon. It's to the point where I don't really even watch away games unless I know the Mavs are going to win (i.e., scrub teams). Otherwise, I dont want to put myself through the anger of watching crooked officiating.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter