Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #41
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
Wasn't Josh Howard the guy who two years ago called a time out in game 5 when we didn't have any?

F-josh.... are we waiting for his value to rise and then to trade him...

This team is crap on paper and should tank it for a lottery pick, oh forget that we traded all of our 1st rounders to New Jersey...

What the hell is this franchise doing?

Thank you that is exactly what I feel like.

So now our chance in reality to win a title is behind
1. Celtics
2. Lakers
3. Rockets (potentially)
5. Spurs/Jazz
6. Hornets
7.Pistons
8. Every single other fkin team

Wow and to think of that 67 win season........

NOW THE ONLY WAY TO FIX THIS IS FOR MICHEAL REDD.

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 07-30-2008 at 09:13 AM.
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #42
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

I'm stunned that they got him for so little. This is terrible.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:20 AM   #43
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more pissed at management's sudden love affair with Josh Howard. Ok, Houston gets Artest, now what?

I don't care if Josh stays as much as I care that management won't AT LEAST shop him around (at least based on what Fish is saying).......

My only hope is that it's the same "stay away from the crackpipe" stuff like Harris for Kidd.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-30-2008 at 09:20 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #44
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

I'm really hoping the Mavs can somehow get Igudola or Josh Smith. I can't believe Donnie thinks that Gerald Green is the answer the mavs need.
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #45
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Anyone else tired to the Mavs using the term "Wish List"? How about the "Get List."
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.

Last edited by bcrav4; 07-30-2008 at 10:07 AM.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:15 AM   #46
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

If Josh is a dud again, there will be blood...
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #47
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

I hope, there is a deal, behind closed doors with the Hawks, so that the Mavs don't want Artest at least..

Last edited by mbaur; 07-30-2008 at 10:24 AM.
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:28 AM   #48
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

thank god you morons aren't running the mavs show.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:28 AM   #49
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I'm sad and a little depressed.

...back to work

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #50
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

the options available for a trade with someone where our interest hasn't leaked either lead to:
a very, very, very short list of options
or
options that probably won't be "thrilling" moves.

I've gotta say, Josh must've really did or said the right things for the FO to get on board with him as much as what's being said in that article. I know he was getting hit hard in the media and with the fans right after the NO series was over, and for a few weeks after that. If they end up doing nothing, after saying "Hold on, you'll see, there is a move there" or "we really believe in Josh," and he is a dud...man, oh man.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #51
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Go Cowboys.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:07 AM   #52
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
Ya, one of us may have made a significant move on the roster after a first round flameout in 5 games! Imagine that...

In all seriousness, the only optimism that would remain for me if this team is done making moves is if Rick can truly make us that much better. That would include bringing Josh back to a better version of his old self and injecting some youth into Kidd. I'd be surprised if the Mavericks aren't at least a little interested in Josh Smith or someone to solve our SG problem. We aren't completely screwed yet, but changes still have to be made IMO.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #53
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX

Thank God those in denial aren't running the show....oh wait....

Old 07-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #54
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

This is dissapointing. I feel like we really missed an opportunity that was right in front of us. The idea that we could have gotten Artest + someone to match for Josh is better, IMO, than just having Josh. Now a team that we have to play 4 times a year has him. Unbelievable. The Mavs are either crying wolf about making moves or burying their heads in the sand, ignoring the fact that besides a season with a hurt Amare and a gutty Dirk And 1, we have got nothing to show in the playoffs.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:33 AM   #55
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

I for one actually want J-Ho to stay! The mavs need a legit 2/3 and jet, gerald green, stack, shane foster, eddie jones or who ever the f aint it!

Damp
Dirk
J-Ho
?? (J-Smith or Igudala would be a dream come true!)
Kidd
Old 07-30-2008, 11:38 AM   #56
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

^ Why would Iguodola even want come here? They just got Brand. Philly will make the the 6th seed in the East.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 07-30-2008 at 11:38 AM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #57
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

^He wouldn't want to come here...Philly will be better than 6th seed.

^^DA...Why would JSMith be the SG? And how would we get either one without giving up JHO?
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #58
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foglemann
This is dissapointing. I feel like we really missed an opportunity that was right in front of us.
bingo. +rep

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #59
destroy ALL

Mavs vs. Rox:

Damp < Yao
Dirk > Scola
J-Ho < Artest ----- Rox Win 3-2
?? < T-Mac
Kidd > Alston
-------------------------

Mavs vs. Hornets

Damp < Chandler
Dirk > West
J-Ho = Peja ----- Hornets Win 4-1
?? = Pargo
Kidd < Paul

Mavs vs. Spurs:

Damp > K. Thomas
Dirk = Duncan
J-Ho > Bowen ----- Mavs Win 4-2
?? < Ginobli
Kidd > Parker
Old 07-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #60
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

"We like our team"
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:53 AM   #61
destroy ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
^ Why would Iguodola even want come here? They just got Brand. Philly will make the the 6th seed in the East.
What's the hold up on him signing then?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #62
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy ALL
What's the hold up on him signing then?
There was some high-talent restricted free agents, teams didn't want to jump the gun and sign their players more than what the market suggested.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #63
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

When the Howard for Artest trade fell apart I stated that I felt like we missed our opportunity and that iw would probably come back to haunt us.

Well....it did. In making that trade we could have sent Howard to a scrub team, gotten back Ron Artest, made our team better, and kept Ron Artest away from the Rockets. We would have been sitting pretty.

Now we're in a worse situation than many could have imagined. Goes to show that in this league if you don't make a reach and try to make something happen someone else will beat you to it.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 07-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #64
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I'll take it all back and say "I love Donnie Nelson" if they pull the trigger on a Smith/Claxton deal.

Fall in love and have kids with. I don't even care if the trade works out (which I can't see why not) it would have been the right move.

Speedy Claxton could guard the Chris Pauls and Tony Parkers of the world. Would be the perfect back-up to Kidd.

The more I think of it the more I'm in love. I don't care if we have fallen out of favor, until Smith is officially traded (or re-signed), I'm holding out hope.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-30-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #65
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
When the Howard for Artest trade fell apart I stated that I felt like we missed our opportunity and that iw would probably come back to haunt us.

Well....it did. In making that trade we could have sent Howard to a scrub team, gotten back Ron Artest, made our team better, and kept Ron Artest away from the Rockets. We would have been sitting pretty.

Now we're in a worse situation than many could have imagined. Goes to show that in this league if you don't make a reach and try to make something happen someone else will beat you to it.
I hate these kind of "I told you so's".....I much prefer "I told you Disney World would be fun" and "I told you he can't fold top pair", or "I told you ice cream and sprinkles were great together!"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #66
BGMaverick9
Guru

Houston was a team I actually didn't think about when I said if we need to get Artest, part of which one reason is to keep him away from a team that can hurt us. I was looking at Phoenix or the Lakers...I didn't think about Houston, but that team definitely fits the same issue we have with letting Artest go.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #67
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I hate these kind of "I told you so's".....I much prefer "I told you Disney World would be fun" and "I told you he can't fold top pair", or "I told you ice cream and sprinkles were great together!"

Believe me, I do too.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #68
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
Houston was a team I actually didn't think about when I said if we need to get Artest, part of which one reason is to keep him away from a team that can hurt us. I was looking at Phoenix or the Lakers...I didn't think about Houston, but that team definitely fits the same issue we have with letting Artest go.
I hate to be this guy....but, imagine having Devin Harris and Ron Artest right about now....sheesh.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #69
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart

Speedy Claxton could guard the Chris Pauls and Tony Parkers of the world. Would be the perfect back-up to Kidd.
Claxton hasn't been the same player for a few years, he's had major injury issues. The way it works for us and the Hawks is we unload his salary off their hands.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #70
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I hate to be this guy....but, imagine having Devin Harris and Ron Artest right about now....sheesh.
Nah, I'd still rather have Kidd/Artest.
I don't believe Harris had a major future here.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #71
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Nah, I'd still rather have Kidd/Artest.
I don't believe Harris had a major future here.
I agree...but with Harris we have the ammo to get Artest...evidently bc Kidd, we didn't have the picks the Kings wanted.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:18 PM   #72
BGMaverick9
Guru

It's too complicated I think if you look at it with the Pre-Kidd roster into account. Who knows where our team would've been, and who is still actually on it today and if players are wanting something else, we have certain coaches around...etc, etc.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:18 PM   #73
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Think about Jason Kidd and Josh Smith... Or Michael Redd... Or Shawn Marion...

Are Vince Carter or Allen Iverson on the move? How would they look?

Ron Artest was not the last man standing...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-30-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #74
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Think about Jason Kidd and Josh Smith... Or Michael Redd... Or Shawn Marion...

Ron Artest was not the last man standing...
True...but he was right on the doorstep, just waiting to be signed off.

I don't think Redd is an option at least til Feb. Marion might be complicated, Smith is still my top option, but I don't exactly have the faith in our group to do it, then you have to take into account the sloppy FO in Atlanta as well.

edit: you added VC and AI, Denver wouldn't want Josh in that situation, they'll want Kidd or something. VC, not too excited about.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-30-2008 at 12:22 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #75
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:

I thought about Houston but later thought, "Oh well they don't have enough assetts to make anything happen." That was when everyone though Sacramento wanted Josh Howard. Instead they went with a washed up Bobby Jackson, an unproven Donte Green, and a future draft pick that will most likely be very low.

Go figure.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:24 PM   #76
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True...but he was right on the doorstep, just waiting to be signed off.

I don't think Redd is an option at least til Feb. Marion might be complicated, Smith is still my top option, but I don't exactly have the faith in our group to do it, then you have to take into account the sloppy FO in Atlanta as well.
Who would we use to get someone better than Artest if we spent our only valuable trade pieces on Artest?

Or to look at it another way: how pissed would you be if we passed on Josh Smith for Ron Artest???

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #77
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

What do we have that anyone would want in a trade?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #78
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Who would we use to get someone better than Artest if we spent our only valuable trade pieces on Artest?

Or to look at it another way: how pissed would you be if we passed on Josh Smith for Ron Artest???

that is some serious silver lining you are throwing out there...and I'm liking it.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #79
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
What do we have that anyone would want in a trade?
Your mom is still on the block, right?

Old 07-30-2008, 12:47 PM   #80
BGMaverick9
Guru

If the same pieces that got your Artest could've gotten you Smith, I'd be upset...but I'd be happy b/c I think either move helps our Roster. You improved your roster, one way or another.

Dirkenstien, what you were saying to add to it...what happened to wanting to unload Kenny Thomas and etc? Our office just looks silly.