Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #41
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Mavs will win tonight but it's not going to be pretty and it's not going to change the fact that this team is heading nowhere unless some kind of change occurs.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #42
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Dirk couldn't outplay my grandma right now. He looks that **old** and glued to the floor. He can't drive past anyone. Even if he does drive around someone he can't "hang in the air" long enough to either draw contact or get the dunk. He has little in post moves so a lot of the time it is a fadeaway. He is hesitant to just "rise up and shoot" so therefore he isn't taking the easy shots but taking shots that are a higher degree of difficulty.
maybe he can't outplay your grandma right now, but I see it like this, I'm not a big mavs fan and only watch because Kidd is on the team. But, the Mavericks are at home tonight, I could be wrong, but I thought they didn't have a win at home yet, so that might help them play harder to win this game and on top of that I think they really want to win a game right about now
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #43
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

That's probably true, basketballgirl, but conventional wisdom and logical reasoning doesn't apply to this team right now. If we win it won't be because of any particular reason other than the Magic didn't want it bad enough.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 11-14-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #44
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

Mavs 89
Magic 103
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:26 PM   #45
MaVs0541

MaVs0541 is on a distinguished road

we will loose if green dont play we need him to start omg for real but i still say we loose 102-94 and did u know green only has 4 fingers on one hand wow and he still is good and dirk do somethin like u did in game one

Last edited by MaVs0541; 11-14-2008 at 06:26 PM.
MaVs0541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
maybe he can't outplay your grandma right now, but I see it like this, I'm not a big mavs fan and only watch because Kidd is on the team. But, the Mavericks are at home tonight, I could be wrong, but I thought they didn't have a win at home yet, so that might help them play harder to win this game and on top of that I think they really want to win a game right about now
You don't say? News to me.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:48 PM   #47
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Does anyone have a link for this garbage?
Old 11-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #48
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
Does anyone have a link for this garbage?
Well, I could search for one, but then I would definitely have to ask myself why I am currently ruining one night after another instead of sleeping just for watching this crap.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #49
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
why do you hate me? just because I think they Mavericks can win if they play good and hard, it is a fact a team has to play good to win games
FIXED:

It is tautological that teams have to play well[sic] to win games.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #50
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

official prediction:
Dallas - 76
Orlando - 142

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #51
nowhereman
Diamond Member

http://www.justin.tv/ligtvonline

come on mavs.

dirk explodes for 54. mavs win by 10.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #52
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
http://www.justin.tv/ligtvonline

come on mavs.

dirk explodes for 54. mavs win by 10.
thanks for the link.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:36 PM   #53
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

http://www.justin.tv/widgets/jtv_liv...hannel=alv1172
GermanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #54
nowhereman
Diamond Member

great hustle from damp to get back in the play, pick up an open man, then come down to box out dwight

Quote:
Old 11-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #55
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say that this is a practically insurmountable 8 point lead for the mavs. I'm going to go ahead and put this one into the win column.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:54 PM   #56
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nice box out dirk

which of course is sarcasm

Quote:

Last edited by nowhereman; 11-14-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #57
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs cant buy an open shot. MMMMMM

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:00 PM   #58
MVPizzle06

MVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the rough

and...now with the entrance of Terry and Stackhouse, dribble penetration is coming incredibly easily. We will not have a lead by quarter's end.
MVPizzle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #59
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

did anybody catch d-howard's line last night? It was like 31 points, 16 rebounds and 10 blocks. I'd "finish" allover my TV if I ever saw a maverick put up numbers like that.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #60
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

lets keep it up in 2nd quarter
Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #61
MVPizzle06

MVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the rough

Dirk and his matador defense make me cringe. He hasn't been THIS bad at defending since early Nellie days.
MVPizzle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #62
horse900703
Diamond Member

NICE STACK!!!S
Old 11-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #63
nowhereman
Diamond Member

13-0 run!

Quote:
Old 11-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #64
horse900703
Diamond Member

nice play guys!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:19 PM   #65
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Another game that scares me.... we are running, but the jump shots are falling..... I'll take the win if we get it, but so far it looks like the type of win we got against the Spurs.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #66
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

are mavs winning? I'm watching a better game Nets vs Hawks, but are they Mavs winning like I think they will tonight? and if they are winning are they playing good basketball and winning that way or are they just getting lucky and winning like teams sometime do
Old 11-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #67
alexamenos
Diamond Member

the big german is knocking 'em down tonight.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #68
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW DIRK YOUR D ON HOWARD OMG.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #69
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
are mavs winning? I'm watching a better game Nets vs Hawks, but are they Mavs winning like I think they will tonight? and if they are winning are they playing good basketball and winning that way or are they just getting lucky and winning like teams sometime do
WTF, seriously.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #70
horse900703
Diamond Member

got the watch out now, good time out!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:25 PM   #71
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:

don't the nets or hawks have a message board?

Quote:
Old 11-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #72
alexamenos
Diamond Member

the big german is looking a little like uber-dirk!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #73
horse900703
Diamond Member

wow that was stupid
Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #74
nowhereman
Diamond Member

vintage mavs!

jason terry hits a jumpshot off a screen and roll

dirk gets doubled, great ball rotation, open baseline 3.

josh pushes the ball, gets his own rebound, kicks out to dirk for 3

purposeful movement, good outside shooting, and hustle. classic 2005-2006 dallas.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #75
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
don't the nets or hawks have a message board?
yeah and I'm posting on those also
Old 11-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #76
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Stay over there then.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #77
horse900703
Diamond Member

Oh no, dirk got 3 PF's
Old 11-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #78
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
you're insane

on the plus side, mavs are playing intelligent ball, and lots of hustle. Dirk still looks bothered, but unlike the last couple of games it's no affecting him this time

Quote:

Last edited by nowhereman; 11-14-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #79
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Got to close the door on them. They played a good first half. Had they had that kind of first half against the Bulls, they would have won. They had a good first 6 minutes against the Bulls. Then nothing.

24 more minutes left. But I have a feeling that the Mavs will give up the lead either at the end of the third or the start of the fourth, when Carlisle decides to rest Dirk/Kidd/Howard all at once.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #80
nowhereman
Diamond Member

if we don't go 4-1 thru the next 5, i'll be pissed. NY, charlotte, memphis, indy should be gimmes.

Quote:

Tags
gdt 08/09