Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-17-2008, 04:18 AM   #41
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

They say your greatest strength is also your greatest weakness so Cuban will never admit wrong.

The logic behind the move was/is sound. The question is was that the best option (though the reasoning behind it makes sense)? Devin was our best young player and we gave up quite a bit (outside of Devin). If our window is shut/closing, wouldn't you want to hang onto the younger talents and options? I know it was a home run swing, even if some people don't want to put that kind of test on it (championship or bust), so you're kind of saying "eff the future" but you have to wonder if that really was the best move for the franchise.

The final judgment on this trade (beside how we finish this year) is what we do with Kidd's cap space.

Stack is such a heady guy. I hope we get something nice for him but also that he gets back to balling soon. Cool cat.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 12-17-2008 at 04:20 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2008, 06:56 AM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

SSDD
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #43
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
The Kidd trade f**king sucked. Honestly, Cubes has made some dumb decisions since buying the team, but this one I think tops the list. I sincerely believe that the trade is singlehandedly responsible for the Mavs not being title contenders anymore.
Sometimes I feel the same way about this trade, I love Kidd and all but this trade was pretty terrible imo. There are alot of people who know in their mind this trade was bad but still defend it, I wonder what these same people will say if Kidd decides to sign to another team next year.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #44
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe I'm going to have to endure several more years of this topic.

*sigh*

BTW, people that were on board with the trade when it happened should probably be careful about how much venom they put in their criticisms of the team. Just my opinion.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #45
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I can't believe I'm going to have to endure several more years of this topic.

*sigh*

BTW, people that were on board with the trade when it happened should probably be careful about how much venom they put in their criticisms of the team. Just my opinion.

Might as well get used to it, or not click in and read because the better he gets the more it will come up.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #46
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

KIDD

KIDD

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #47
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get how people are magically going to assume defending their side of the argument is going to instantly win over the other side. It's an argument that will not have one side of it be the winning side. The argument is pretty pointless.

The long term effects of the deal won't be felt for at least another 2-3 years, at least. For the now...I like what we have at PG. What ty said is what I believe...maybe not as bluntly as he said it, haha, but the main point I believe in.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-17-2008 at 01:49 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #48
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Devin isn't on the Mavericks anymore.

He can go screw himself for all I care.

I'm not a 2007 Mavericks fan. I'm a Mavericks fan.
I'm not a 2007 Mavericks fan either. The 2007 Mavericks lost in the first round. But as a Mavericks fan, I get really pissed off anytime we take a step backward. We had an opportunity to win a championship, and thanks in no small part to the Kidd trade, that opportunity is gone. I'm pissed about it.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:30 PM   #49
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not a 2007 Mavericks fan either. The 2007 Mavericks lost in the first round. But as a Mavericks fan, I get really pissed off anytime we take a step backward. We had an opportunity to win a championship, and thanks in no small part to the Kidd trade, that opportunity is gone. I'm pissed about it.
I didn't see a legit, inconclusive reason to suggest we were on the right path to go forward before the deal...especially if mainly all the same pieces were together. We were waiting for the same lineup to just mesh and gel and where was that getting us? Change was necessary. I'll give the Dallas FO and the Phoenix FO a ton of credit for having the stones to realize they weren't getting anywhere with what they had and they made big trades. Neither of them have made for quick fixes and that's for different reasons for both sides, but they had the guts to make an effort to change the direction to the was on or headed.

To me, I still think more change is necessary, but I don't think it necessarily has to be as radical of a change, subtle moves could be made. In the first instance though (Devin/Kidd deal) a substantial one was necessary to rattle the cage and pump fresh new life into the squad.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #50
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After the trade happened you were saying the current core was never gonig to win, so it was worth the risk.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #51
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

If you need a new transmission for your car you don't go out and get new tires when the ones you have are still perfectly good.

Translation: We needed a two guard and some low post scoring, Kidd provides NEITHER of those things. What does he provide? Ball movement, veteran leadership, etc. but you know what? I'd take my two guard and low post scoring over that. The trade didn't give us what we need, and we still don't have either of those things! It's reasonable to be upset, especially since it hasn't even been a year yet.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #52
tomly

tomly will become famous soon enough

The more I see Devin on highlight clips the more I hate Avery. A melding of the minds on this board could make better decisions,basketball wise than Mark, I am a genius , Cuban!
tomly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #53
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Fans are still trying justify this horrible trade. Mavs didn't just trade Devin. They traded away two 1st round picks and basically their mid-level exception which could've been used for Matt Barnes, Roger Mason or James Posey. Mavs got screwed. Its fine. We can't take it back. Stuff like this happens. There's is absolutely no proof that Devin wouldn't have been this good in a Mavs uniform and there's also no proof he would've been.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 12-17-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #54
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

I think Devin will be more fired up Friday after the loss tonight
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:05 PM   #55
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Fans are still trying justify this horrible trade. Mavs didn't just trade Devin. They traded away two 1st round picks and basically their mid-level exception which could've been used for Matt Barnes, Roger Mason or James Posey. Mavs got screwed. Its fine. We can't take it back. Stuff like this happens. There's is absolutely no proof that Devin wouldn't have been this good in a Mavs uniform and there's also no proof he would've been.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:38 PM   #56
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

SSDD
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:14 AM   #57
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
After the trade happened you were saying the current core was never gonig to win, so it was worth the risk.
I'm not saying a change wasn't needed. I'm saying that was the wrong change to make. In that respect, I don't think trading a 24 year old guy for a 34 year old guy was worth the risk.

Edit: Let me also add that for the brief time that I actually was optimistic about the trade, the reason I felt that way (other than a delirious state of mind) was that I assumed that the Mavericks were not done dealing. I just thought it was common sense that they would try to make a big splash in the offseason. I figured that in the end we'd be getting Jason Kidd along with Maggette, Miller, Redd, Artest etc.... THAT might've been worth losing Devin Harris. If I had known that our biggest offseason acquisition would be Gerald Green or Shawne Williams, or using the entire MLE to get back Diop. I probably would never have stopped bitching. Let's also not forget that including Diop in the trade was pure stupidity when all that was needed was to throw some more money at KVH. What was the logic at the time? Wasn't something like "Diop isn't playing here. We're not using him, so we might as well get rid of him." We weren't using him because Avery insisted on the small lineup. Another piece of damning evidence to throw on the gigantic pile that proves Avery is a moron. I don't know what else we could've gotten with the MLE, but I guarantee at the very least we could've gotten a young player that we probably would be using a hell of a lot more than Shawne Williams or James Singleton or any of these other no-names our so-called "youth movement" is comprised of.

Yet another reason I gave the trade a chance was that I had not regularly watched Kidd in years and didn't realize how much speed he had lost. When we made the trade, I thought he could still get into the lane and create. Pure ignorance on my part. If I had known how much slower he really was, I probably wouldn't have been so forgiving. Who knows, maybe Cuban and Donnie made the same mistake.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-18-2008 at 05:24 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:46 AM   #58
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I didn't see a legit, inconclusive reason to suggest we were on the right path to go forward before the deal...especially if mainly all the same pieces were together. We were waiting for the same lineup to just mesh and gel and where was that getting us? Change was necessary. I'll give the Dallas FO and the Phoenix FO a ton of credit for having the stones to realize they weren't getting anywhere with what they had and they made big trades. Neither of them have made for quick fixes and that's for different reasons for both sides, but they had the guts to make an effort to change the direction to the was on or headed.
I never once said that the Mavs should just stand pat. Yes, change was necessary. We needed a friggin shooting guard. And surprise surprise, we still need one. You commend the Dallas FO for having the "stones" to trade our best young player? (Yes, Devin had surpassed Howard by that point) To me that moved reeked of panic and desperation. Cuban could've shown that he had "stones" by firing Avery's ass after Golden State. Now everyone agrees that it was a no-brainer, but if Avery had lost his job in May of 07, it would've been very controversial and probably unpopular. That would've impressed me. Let me say for the record that I firmly believe that last year's roster was actually better than the ones that won so many games the previous two years (before the trade of course.) I blame last year's debacle squarely on Avery.

And please let's not put the Kidd trade and the Marion/Shaq trade in the same light. The Suns were going to lose Marion no matter what. They HAD to do something. They could either let him walk, or get something back for him, so they made a move.

Quote:
In the first instance though (Devin/Kidd deal) a substantial one was necessary to rattle the cage and pump fresh new life into the squad.
Yeah, substantial change was needed. Getting rid of Avery from the start would've been more than enough to "pump fresh new life into the squad." Bottom line, you don't trade your second best player (again, I believed then and I believe now that Devin is a better player than Howard) just for the sake of rattling the cage. Particularly so when you're trading for a guy who's a decade older than the guy you're losing, not to mention over-paying to do it.

And I couldn't disagree with you more about only needing "subtle" changes. If these guys honestly hope to win a championship with Dirk Nowitzki, a MAJOR upgrade is needed in the 2 or 5 spots. But then again, that's been the case for several years now. Otherwise, they're just wasting Dirk's career and might as well trade him to a contender where he can have another shot at a championship.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-18-2008 at 05:09 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:28 AM   #59
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

what about the Dirk for Kobe trade. Would that have been worth the risk?

Let's hear the truth! Nobody was gonna win it all After the ridiculously absurd Boston/L.A. trades. Even Popovich "poped off" and publicly criticized the LA trade. The Devin Trade was just an impulse trade. A trade for the sake of a trade.

Back then we were able to beat any NBA team; the only teams giving us any real trouble were the Suns and Spurs (Yeah, we always had problems with the Lakers [not counting the 06-07 season], but they were easily dispatched early in the playoffs anyway, if they made it)
Besides LA/Bos, LeBron and the Cavs are exceptionally better, Hornets and Jazz are on a meteoric rise, Denver and Portland are making a run, Orlando is adding into the mix, etc... If we were to win a Championship, it would have been in those past few years

Aside from the trade for the sake of a trade, and as I stated in my other post, I truly believe the main reason Kidd was brought here was to have a true leader (especially in crunch time), in which Dirk didn't feel confortable with that role at the time.

Last edited by Re-Dirk-ulous; 12-18-2008 at 05:44 AM.
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:38 AM   #60
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

GOD DAMMIT GUYS QUIT DEPRESSING ME

MAVS ARE WINNIN IT THIS YEAR K? K

DAMN BENNETT SALVATORES WHISTLE

Someone give me a HELL yea!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #61
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
GOD DAMMIT GUYS QUIT DEPRESSING ME

MAVS ARE WINNIN IT THIS YEAR K? K

DAMN BENNETT SALVATORES WHISTLE

Someone give me a HELL yea!

Mavs aren't winning it, Celtics are winning it all, as much I don't want them to it's true

Last edited by basketballgirl25; 12-18-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #62
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
Mavs aren't winning it, Celtics are winning it all, as much I don't want them to it's true

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:28 AM   #63
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
look at the teams, do you think mavs could even beat the Celtics, as of right now they don't stand a chance, just like every othe team except maybe the Lakers

Last edited by basketballgirl25; 12-18-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #64
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's also not forget that including Diop in the trade was pure stupidity when all that was needed was to throw some more money at KVH. What was the logic at the time? Wasn't something like "Diop isn't playing here. We're not using him, so we might as well get rid of him." We weren't using him because Avery insisted on the small lineup. Another piece of damning evidence to throw on the gigantic pile that proves Avery is a moron.
How does that prove Avery is a moran when 1) according to Fish Avery was the one that didn't want to include Diop in the trade and 2) Diop is player fewer minutes per game than he did under Avery and Bass is about the same?

I agree that he should have never been in the trade in the first place. New Jersey didn't need him. That's my big criticism of the organization. It's not that thay made the trade but that they got bent over in the execution. We were already trading young for old, there was no reason for us to sweeten the deal the way we did. That killed any realistic chance of improving the team around Kidd.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #65
basketballgirl25
Banned

for anyone watching the game tomorrow, don't be suprised if the see a half empty arena, there is a snow storm coming so there might to less people there then other games.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #66
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

newsflash

No one watches the Nets.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:53 PM   #67
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
newsflash

No one watches the Nets.
newsflash

you watch the mavs and they play the Nets tomorrow

so if you see to mavs tomorrow which I'm guessing you will you'll see a more empty arena then usual
Old 12-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #68
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

"so if you see to mavs tomorrow which I'm guessing you will you'll see a more empty arena then usual"

epic fail on all accounts.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #69
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
"so if you see to mavs tomorrow which I'm guessing you will you'll see a more empty arena then usual"

epic fail on all accounts.
why because your not watching the mavs tomorrow?
Old 12-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #70
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #71
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Old 12-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #72
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ouch.............
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:01 PM   #73
SMC0007
Guru

Burn..But totally out of context/ 12 mil cheaper for a short period of time.

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-18-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:04 PM   #74
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
non sequitur

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #75
SMC0007
Guru

Old 12-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #76
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
great picture I hate the Mets
Old 12-18-2008, 06:22 PM   #77
BGMaverick9
Guru

Where do you guys find half of these pictures? Seriously...they are always hilarious!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #78
basketballgirl25
Banned

some good articles you all might enjoy since they are about Kidd and Harris
http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200..._makes_it.html
http://thenetsinsider.mlblogs.com/ar...igal_kidd.html
http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200...10_months.html
http://njmg.typepad.com/zzone/2008/12/no-5-is-back.html
Old 12-18-2008, 11:06 PM   #79
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Have you considered posting these in a Nets forum?
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #80
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Have you considered posting these in a Nets forum?
I did thanks for suggesting that though, and they are mostly about Kidd, so they should go on these boards, and didn't want to make a new thread

Tags
crying about devin harris, groundhog day, life in a loop