Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #41
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Barea can guard Fisher and Farmer... how are they going to "punish" him?

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #42
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

scrubs like ariza are going to punish us
Old 03-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #43
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
Like this
Old 03-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #44
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
Ariza scares the crap out of me, personally.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #45
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
There is no one Mavs have that can match his hustle, which is why Lakers have a huge advantage in that area. But the bigger problem for tomorrow is that there is no George or JHo (most likely) so Wright is on his own to contain Kobe. That scares me more than Ariza

Last edited by vRookie; 03-14-2009 at 04:07 PM.
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #46
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:
Fisher is bigger and stronger than him. If Fisher posts him up there is nothing he can do. Plus he is clumsy with the ball and they have athletic bodies like Kobe and Ariza that will turn him into a turn over machine. No to mention he is going to get blocked by the likes of Gasol, Odom and Kobe. Starting JJ against the Lakers is just asking for trouble
Old 03-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #47
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This guy is overrated when you take a look at the whole roster. I mean, Fisher, Vujacic or Gasol are way more capable than Ariza. Rick has to get someone out of the hat. That would be Green, indeed.

Otherwise ---> possible, but minimum chances.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #48
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRookie View Post
Fisher is bigger and stronger than him. If Fisher posts him up there is nothing he can do. Plus he is clumsy with the ball and they have athletic bodies like Kobe and Ariza that will turn him into a turn over machine. No to mention he is going to get blocked by the likes of Gasol, Odom and Kobe. Starting JJ against the Lakers is just asking for trouble

If the Lakers are going to post up Fisher, I'll take that everytime.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #49
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
This guy is overrated when you take a look at the whole roster. I mean, Fisher, Vujacic or Gasol are way more capable than Ariza. Rick has to get someone out of the hat. That would be Green, indeed.

Otherwise ---> possible, but minimum chances.
I really don't think he's overrated at all. He's a great role-player with a lot of hustle. He's far from their best scorer or ball-handler, but he is all over the court, getting rebounds and deflections. He made numerous huge, clutch plays both times the Mavs played the Lakers this year.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:09 PM   #50
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Ariza is their best perimeter defender. He is like an athletic Adrian Griffin. He just has a knack for making huge plays that seem to translate into wins.

TMavFan wanted the Mavs to sign him a few years ago when he was a free agent. I really wish they would have. He would be the best SG/SF (outside of Howard) on the Mavs. He would easily be the starter.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #51
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Ariza is a starter in this league IMO.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #52
vRookie

Quote:

If the Lakers are going to post up Fisher, I'll take that everytime.
I won't. Not when you have to deal with Gasol and Kobe. You can't just give them any more advantages than they already have. I think Green or Singleton should start because Mavs will match up better with them.

I don't know how you can defend Barea after his play last night. Sure he scored points here and there but his defense was atrocious and he single handidly prevented Mavs from getting control of that game on more than one occasion
Old 03-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #53
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really know who this Ariza is, so I expect he'll kick our tails tomorrow.

Actually, come to think of it, I believe he kicked our tails last time. But that's all I remember about him.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #54
TheMaverick
Golden Member

I'm not defending Barea. You are talking about the Lakers posting up Fisher vs. Kobe vs. Gasol. I'll take Fisher everytime.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #55
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not defending Barea. You are talking about the Lakers posting up Fisher vs. Kobe vs. Gasol. I'll take Fisher everytime.
We all know Gasol and Kobe are going to get shots. We're talking about when they aren't getting shots...rather than having Odom or Ariza take a contested jump shot, they could have Fisher post up and have a much higher percentage.

They aren't going to post up Fisher instead of giving the ball to Kobe, but they might do it along with Kobe and Gasol getting shots.

I am with the group that says Barea should not start. Of the team that can abuse him and his height and defense, the Lakers have to be one of them. They aren't going to let a mismatch like that just go without being exploited.

Barea deserves a chance. He's too streaky not to test each night...he can light you up for 5 straight 3 pointers if he's on, as witnessed in Houston a few weeks back. However, he should not start and should not play SG unless it turns out his shot is falling.

We're going to need more than just the usual Mavs. My only hope is that this game turns into a shoot out, and the Mavericks are able to out shoot the Lakers. We need some type of intangible...Green, possibly, or a lot of minutes to Hollins or Singleton or Bass.

Even if Jet and Dirk equal Kobe and Gasol, we're still going to lose. Kidd playing like he did last night would be a great help. If he can score 20 points we'd be in better shape.

A lot of this game, however, if going to come down to Wright's defense on Kobe. We've really got no other good option to guard him. When Kobe's on the floor and Wright's not, though, I think you have to give Green that shot. He played well on Kobe in a previous matchup...I know Green bites for too many fakes and what-not, but he's got the athleticism that matches Kobe's. I think he may be more athletic then Kobe. Though improbable, perhaps putting an athletic, long-armed defender like Green on Kobe throws him off a little. There's not exactly a ton of 6'8" SG's who can jump as high as Dwight Howard in the league. I'm not saying Green on Kobe will work, but it has a better shot of working than anybody else we can put on Kobe besides Wright. Singleton on Kobe would be awful. Kobe can play with Singleton, I'd bet.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:59 PM   #56
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate Don Nelson and his lovefest for being a spoiler.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #57
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

I didnt watch the gamee, but sounds like Mavs did a great job~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #58
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

The words "Mavs did a great job" and "loss" and "Golden State Warriors" do not go together.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #59
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
I didnt watch the gamee, but sounds like Mavs did a great job~
I don't think you read the score right.

Side note: man i was vs the wizards online in 2k9 and dirk had 35 points and 12 rebounds in 5 min quarters.

He was a beast it took us overtime.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #60
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Ariza was big in the first 2 meetings this year against us.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:31 AM   #61
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
you don't know much about basketball if you think trevor ariza is a scrub.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:33 AM   #62
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

If Barea and Wright start against LA, we're lost. Please Carlisle, don't play Barea again as our starting SG. Moreover, Wright against Kobe... sigh... Let's try Green. Why not, it can't be worse than against GSW with Barea and Wright.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #63
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Could used josh Fri.

But surely we don't need him today.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #64
tcat075
Diamond Member

Who will be courageous enough to start the GDT? I'm not.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #65
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Who will be courageous enough to start the GDT? I'm not.
Me neither. I think Fluid wanted to do it though? After his mojo against Portland he mentioned something like this, didn't he?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #66
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Me neither. I think Fluid wanted to do it though? After his mojo against Portland he mentioned something like this, didn't he?
I sure hope he does.

Fluid is 2-0 with victories over the Blazers at their home and over SAS.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #67
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, a scrub can try to "block" him then the same way he tried at -28 with Fernandez.

Good luck Ariza.

No George, no Josh and Wright probably 2 Fouls after 4 minutes. Kobe will score around 40, maybe we can stop the rest a little bit.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bring on the lakers!, ellis>>>>>harris, we suck, we want green!