Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-11-2009, 05:03 AM   #41
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the matches vs. Suns , Jazz and Hornets as well. So, the best mojo for the remaining games is when i stay in bed ...
Old 04-11-2009, 05:38 AM   #42
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
On a side note, I don't think I've been this excited all season. Three really quality wins in a row.
How true. But now can we make it four quality wins in a row? Tapped by a road win. Sure would be feeling a lot better with the playoffs just around the corner.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:48 AM   #43
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

I didn't like that 15-1 run much, but it still feels a lot different to talk about the Mavs right now. Although I'm also curious to see how we are going to play in New Orleans, something seems to have changed ... his name is Josh Howard.
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:56 AM   #44
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

much more impressive win then the last two, seeing as though we hit a slump but still fought it out. Imagine us shooting 50%- we'd have won by 25 again. Sunday is again very important as a win would basically secure not being 8th. we have a pretty good schedule (as in getting ready for playoff intensity) and i can see us stealing HCA in game 1 because we are ready and they aren't (whoever they are).
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:02 AM   #45
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Did something happen at the end of the game? It looked like Paul might've been jawing with someone, but the shot wasn't wide enough to tell what was going on. Howard briefly approached Paul, and then a little later Paul is sticking his jersey out to someone off camera.

Something must've happened.....or this is just completely fake outrage.
I thought he was just greeting people as they left the court. He and Josh are pretty close.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #46
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

You always have something going on in the NBA but I hear its just like politics...behind closed doors everyone is friends doesn't matter which party you're in. But I absolutely loved the fact that Antoine Wright did not back down to Posey, come Playoff time I hope our team fights strong mentally physically and emotionally (But I guess emotions tie with mentality).

Plus Howard and Paul are wake forest boys
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:02 AM   #47
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

In all honesty, Wright won the starting SG spot tonight.

Think about it.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #48
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

another great win!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #49
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting opinion about the whole Posey/Wright incident from David Lord and db.com.

THE FINAL WORD: I’ll give it to colleague David Lord, who checks in to suggest that Posey’s baiting of Antoine Wright represents a lesson that some Mavs need to learn – and fast.

Posey was worthless, missing his first five shots and finishing with five points. All he really did was suck AW into a double-tech conflict – and Posey, no dummy, did so right after the 6-7 Wright had established that his length might be a thorn in CP3’s side.

Wright does a decent job. … Posey picks a fight with him. … next thing you know, Wright has to sit due to foul trouble that occurred in part because he was lured into a macho duel with Posey

Dallas won the war. And that’s the most important thing. But Posey was trying to win a little battle, a psychological battle, as Sunday approaches. And as DLord suggests, the Mavs need to learn a lesson from it all: Don’t sweat the small stuff (and James Posey is certainly that). Instead, deal with the big stuff. And the bigger stuff. And the harder you’ll ball.

Last edited by tcat075; 04-11-2009 at 09:25 AM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Interesting opinion about the whole Posey/Wright incident from David Lord and db.com.

THE FINAL WORD: I’ll give it to colleague David Lord, who checks in to suggest that Posey’s baiting of Antoine Wright represents a lesson that some Mavs need to learn – and fast.

Posey was worthless, missing his first five shots and finishing with five points. All he really did was suck AW into a double-tech conflict – and Posey, no dummy, did so right after the 6-7 Wright had established that his length might be a thorn in CP3’s side.

Wright does a decent job. … Posey picks a fight with him. … next thing you know, Wright has to sit due to foul trouble that occurred in part because he was lured into a macho duel with Posey

Dallas won the war. And that’s the most important thing. But Posey was trying to win a little battle, a psychological battle, as Sunday approaches. And as DLord suggests, the Mavs need to learn a lesson from it all: Don’t sweat the small stuff (and James Posey is certainly that). Instead, deal with the big stuff. And the bigger stuff. And the harder you’ll ball.
It's the same crap with West slapping Dirk. I just love how Scott bitches about us yet he teaches all of his players to be little bitches on the court.

NO knows they aren't talented enough so they have to do whatever they can these days for a win. The only two players (not injured) worth anything on that team are Paul and West. The rest of the team is a joke.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-11-2009 at 09:52 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #51
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It's the same crap with West slapping Dirk. I just love how Scott bitches about us yet he teaches all of his players to be little bitches on the court.

NO knows they aren't talented enough so they have to do whatever they can these days for a win. The only two players (not injured) worth anything on that team are Paul and West. The rest of the team is a joke.
Spot on. The Hornets really piss me off sometimes.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #52
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Poor shooting night saved by great rebounding effort (why we never saw that earlier this season ).

3 absolut clear offensiv fouls by Paul, 3 times he get the call for himself, unbelievable

Honestly im allready scared about the refs on sunday. Stay focus, keep crshing the boards and that sucker hornets frontcourt, shoot better and we have a win in NO.
Yes, I've got this bad feeling that when it comes to preferential ref treatment, CP3 is the new DWade. CP3 lowers his shoulder, barges into Josh, who had position, and the moronic ref immediately calls a block on Josh. That was actually some great defense.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #53
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

what annoys me are the announcers in the arenas playing annoying/taunting sound effects when other teams get hit with fouls (including the ha-ha played in the AAC) or have turnovers or some sounds that are played when the home team scores. It may increase the winning percentages at home but it sure as hell is annoying for anyone watching the game and not very sportsmanlike at all. cant remember what they play at new orleans (I'm sure I'll hear it tomorrow) but it pissed me off to no end last season in the playoffs.

Last edited by Lor20; 04-11-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #54
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I thought he was just greeting people as they left the court. He and Josh are pretty close.
I thought CP looked preoccupied with someone off camera while JHO was saying something (but I could be wrong, I was pretty drunk last night). I can't figure what else Scott would be pissed about. If its the Posey/Wright thing, that doesn't make sense to me since Posey was the one losing his cool. I didn't see anything else in the fourth quarter that made it look like the mavs were being extra-boisterous. Both benches were standing and most of the mavs just walked towards to the locker room after the buzzer. So I wonder what happened.

Maybe it was something that happened behind closed doors.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-11-2009 at 11:14 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #55
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Scott was pissed at Bass for showing his guns @ his former team!!! I loved it!!!! And how about Wright? I missed NVE & Stack for their toughness; Stack has been out all season, but I think the torch has been passed to Wright----F'em!!!!

Last edited by She_Growls; 04-11-2009 at 05:18 PM.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #56
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to say that I am pretty excited about this thing right now.

But Sunday is coming fast. National television....on the road...a day game... not a nice combination.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #57
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
what annoys me are the announcers in the arenas playing annoying/taunting sound effects when other teams get hit with fouls (including the ha-ha played in the AAC) or have turnovers or some sounds that are played when the home team scores. It may increase the winning percentages at home but it sure as hell is annoying for anyone watching the game and not very sportsmanlike at all. cant remember what they play at new orleans (I'm sure I'll hear it tomorrow) but it pissed me off to no end last season in the playoffs.
Rick Flair: "Wooooooooooooooo!!"

I was in NO for the playoffs last year, and lord is it obnoxious!

Last edited by particleman; 04-11-2009 at 12:03 PM.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #58
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the ric flair wooooooo is seriously annoying.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #59
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls View Post
Scott was pissed at Bass for showing his guns @ his former team!!! I loved it!!!! And how about Wright? I missed NVE for their toughness; Stack has been out all season, but I think the torch has been passed to Wright----F'em!!!!
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #60
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:

Seriously? We're going to bitch at Wright for having the balls to stand up for himself and his team? Wright did exactly what he should have. Sometimes it's worth the technical. This was one of those times.

Look at how the Denver Nuggets play. Nobody back them into a corner, nobody pushes them around. Sometimes they get a few unnecessary fouls, but it's worth it in the long run... and it's a big part of why they've beaten the crap out of Dallas all year.

Wright did the correct thing, and the Mavs need a lot more of it.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #61
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Man...it's been a crappy time for a computer issue...BUT I'M BACK!!
Old 04-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #62
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Man...it's been a crappy time for a computer issue...BUT I'M BACK!!
Welcome back BG! We missed your game insights and recaps!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #63
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
That picture makes my opinion of Wright go way up.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #64
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
Seriously? We're going to bitch at Wright for having the balls to stand up for himself and his team? Wright did exactly what he should have. Sometimes it's worth the technical. This was one of those times.

Look at how the Denver Nuggets play. Nobody back them into a corner, nobody pushes them around. Sometimes they get a few unnecessary fouls, but it's worth it in the long run... and it's a big part of why they've beaten the crap out of Dallas all year.

Wright did the correct thing, and the Mavs need a lot more of it.
Actually I'd say it's more the fact that:

A. They actually haven't beaten the crap out of the Mavs all year, but barely won 4 games.

B. We were without Josh for 3 and Kidd for 1 of those games.

C. Billups was gifted 2 ft's to win one of them.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #65
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
I strongly agree with this statement...

It's nice to see him bringing the toughness at the (W)right time...

[one day bad puns will be outlawed...]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #66
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wright talkin smack back earns points in my book. Although watching the game again one could argue that he started it. So what? I like the killer mentality. The Mavs have not let one thing break their resolve in the last three games. Keep it up!

Wright is somewhat of an odd player. Maybe odd is good at this point. Carlisle making him guard pgs seems to be working. Wright actually looks smaller to me when he guards the pgs. Not a bad thing since most pgs are obviously going to be smaller.

The Mavs as a whole have really stepped it up. Howard? Wright? Barea? Bass? Terry? Dirk? Kidd? Singleton? Anyone upset by any one of those lately?

Hell naw! Let us kick some motha f***in ass!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #67
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The Mavs as a whole have really stepped it up. Howard? Wright? Barea? Bass? Terry? Dirk? Kidd? Singleton? Anyone upset by any one of those lately?
Don't forget about Damp's solid 10pts/10rbs against Utah and 12pts/8rbs against New Orleans...

(seriously - I'll take that from him night in & night out...)

Old 04-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #68
tcat075
Diamond Member

Did anyone imagine that signing Darell Armstrong as an assistant coach would change Josh into a team player that gave his all in defense, offense and in pure hustle?

I sure didn't. I thought it was a nice signing, would give the team a morale boost, something fun to joke around with when we put on a little winning streak after signing him (4-0 with DA!!), but signing him has really changed Josh.

(He's working with G$ now...*crosses fingers*)
Old 04-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #69
Underdog

Quote:
Did anyone imagine that signing Darell Armstrong as an assistant coach would change Josh into a team player that gave his all in defense, offense and in pure hustle?

I sure didn't. I thought it was a nice signing, would give the team a morale boost, something fun to joke around with when we put on a little winning streak after signing him (4-0 with DA!!), but signing him has really changed Josh.

(He's working with G$ now...*crosses fingers*)
I'm not exactly sure what DA is doing to motivate this team, but it feels like something that was lost when Del Harris departed is back...

Old 04-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #70
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Don't forget about Damp's solid 10pts/10rbs against Utah and 12pts/8rbs against New Orleans...

(seriously - I'll take that from him night in & night out...)
That's what we need from a center who's going to play 25 minutes a game or so. Grab rebounds, and get a few points when shots are created for him.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #71
Lor20
Golden Member

we are 13-1 at home since the all star break now ( the one being the crappy game against denver whithout kidd and howard). winning out at home should be entirely possible to get our 50 wins. we need to work on our road games still as we have been quite bad on the road lately (4-8 on the road since the all star break and 8-15 this year).
Hopefully we can steal a few on the road in the postseason.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:25 PM   #72
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
we are 13-1 at home since the all star break now ( the one being the crappy game against denver whithout kidd and howard). winning out at home should be entirely possible to get our 50 wins. we need to work on our road games still as we have been quite bad on the road lately (4-8 on the road since the all star break and 8-15 this year).
Hopefully we can steal a few on the road in the postseason.
We've only played 23 games on the road this year?
Old 04-11-2009, 08:30 PM   #73
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what DA is doing to motivate this team, but it feels like something that was lost when Del Harris departed is back...
DA kind of seems like a straight shooter, who has a lot of credability.
A while ago he was on GAC and he talked about beating some sense into him, kind of like he's not afraid to put a whoopin' down on Josh if it's necessary. It wasn't that, word for word...but that kind of comment. Maybe DA's voice is one that really hits home for Josh.

As for the Wright "incident" I haven't been able to watch the game, so I'm just going off of what I've read. It might not be as "thuggish" as some people would like but Wright definitely seems like a guy who isn't afraid to tussle. He was ready to jaw-jack with JR Smith a couple of games ago, right in the heart of the Denver bench. On top of that, he wasn't done after the game is over. He seems like a quiet-natured guy, but once he's on the court he means business. That doesn't mean he is perfect and he's free of errors...but he understands and is confident enough to stand up when it's necessary.

Like I've said countless times...I can live with the offensive struggles as long as his defense remains at the level it's been over the course of the year. The guy is a legit defender, he just doesn't get the "calls" or savvy moves in his favor like the older guys get. It leads to chippy fouls, but he's incredibly versatile and he's a major asset to the team.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #74
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

That was a solid win, props to the team. Props to J-kidd also for controlling the tempo, and getting everyone involved. And btw Darrell Armstrong has become a hero in my book, everytime I see Josh playing with his heart out there I think of DA. We have to keep winning though, we can't get satisfied.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #75
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, my guess would be that it's something that was lost when Avery Johnson departed.

DA is probably doing exactly what AJ was doing, when AJ was sitting on the bench next to Nellie. He is being a liasion between the players and the upper echelon (management, head coach). I think this is an important role, and usually underrated. The guy (the liasion) is pretty much like you, but kinda not like like you, yet at the same time not completely unlike you. It was when AJ became completely unlike the players that he first gained the team and then in short order completely lost them.

If AJ were still here, and sitting by Nellie's side...well, I don't think there is any question that the team would be much better off. AJ got outside his optimum role, which led to his demise as head coach. You don't figure that will happen to DA anytime soon. He'll move on to head coaching when he is further removed from playing, and both he and his teams will be better off for it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #76
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Actually, my guess would be that it's something that was lost when Avery Johnson departed.

DA is probably doing exactly what AJ was doing, when AJ was sitting on the bench next to Nellie. He is being a liasion between the players and the upper echelon (management, head coach). I think this is an important role, and usually underrated. The guy (the liasion) is pretty much like you, but kinda not like like you, yet at the same time not completely unlike you. It was when AJ became completely unlike the players that he first gained the team and then in short order completely lost them.

If AJ were still here, and sitting by Nellie's side...well, I don't think there is any question that the team would be much better off. AJ got outside his optimum role, which led to his demise as head coach. You don't figure that will happen to DA anytime soon. He'll move on to head coaching when he is further removed from playing, and both he and his teams will be better off for it.
Great insight. Dunno if you're on to something or not, but it makes sense and sounds like it could be correct.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #77
Lor20
Golden Member

Quote:
We've only played 23 games on the road this year?
in 2009 - the rest (17) were in 2008. 1 to go.
GS putting up a show in utah with their lineup of 7 healthy ppl.... up by 13 shortly before halftime

Last edited by Lor20; 04-11-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #78
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
in 2009 - the rest (17) were in 2008. 1 to go.
GS putting up a show in utah with their lineup of 7 healthy ppl.... up by 13 shortly before halftime
Alright, got it. Thought you were talking about the entire season.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #79
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

That picture of Wright should be the message board's banner.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:51 AM   #80
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
That picture of Wright should be the message board's banner.
Yep. Right attitude to win games. Ability to show balls when it's necessary.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
same old same old, same old same old (wins)