Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #41
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, see you guys posting that the tech wasn't right... this is a part of what seperates unrealistic homers from being a realistic mffl. Seriously tho, when that happens to us we get puffy and want a tech called, and it should be called. He hasn't accomplished anything in this league yet and he is gonna get all on Duncans back like that and then air punch right next to him after screaming at the side of his head? While I love the energy and heart, you gotta know when and where to do that. Move away from him a bit and he doesn't get that called against him. The refs wren't against him doing what he was doing IMO but he was too close.... it was taunting, and he did it more than once in that game!

I like Hollins and think he has a bright future.

I can't wait to see him play well again.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #42
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

excessive celebration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gjXZdT0Qqw
Old 04-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #43
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Wow, see you guys posting that the tech wasn't right... this is a part of what seperates unrealistic homers from being a realistic mffl. Seriously tho, when that happens to us we get puffy and want a tech called, and it should be called. He hasn't accomplished anything in this league yet and he is gonna get all on Duncans back like that and then air punch right next to him after screaming at the side of his head? While I love the energy and heart, you gotta know when and where to do that. Move away from him a bit and he doesn't get that called against him. The refs wren't against him doing what he was doing IMO but he was too close.... it was taunting, and he did it more than once in that game!

The only thing worse than a homer is a guy so scared of being homer that he overcompensates in the other direction to make himself seem better than everyone else.

Perhaps you should look up the dictionary definition of taunting. You will not find celebrating a job well done as part of the definition.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #44
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

wat

Old 04-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #45
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wat
your mom
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #46
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

thats what we like to refer to as selective enforcement. Kinda like dirk getting a t for complaining yet duncan never got a t...
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #47
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

you are correct that we always want that t. But the reason we complain about getting it is because its not ever called. If we got that call we wouldnt have been complaining in the first place genius.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #48
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
your mom

ur boyfriend

Old 04-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #49
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
you are correct that we always want that t. But the reason we complain about getting it is because its not ever called. If we got that call we wouldnt have been complaining in the first place genius.
It takes a first place genuis to find sense in your post.

Everyone wants that T when it happens. Just admit that the action deserved a foul call and move on. No reason to be like those Spurs fans pissing and moaning, poor us. What he did was a bit too much and he had a few of those types of responses to good plays that he made in the game already. The ref felt like he needed to stop if before it possibly got outta hand. Just because we haven't gotten a call in the past doesn't mean anything to that ref.

The issue isn't because it never gets called when it happened to us in the past, it's that it WAS a technical foul. I would be upset if one of their players did that to Hollins or any of our guys. Just like when Jr Smith was clearly taunting A Wright in our last game against the Nuggets, that should have been called too, but I don't expect a running tab to be kept by the refs to make up for those missed calls.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #50
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

i cant seriously believe some actually believe what Hollins did was wrong. Its the friggin playoffs! If Hollins can't scream in the playoffs, then where can he scream? He wasn't even lookng at tim duncan for god's sake. That was a BS technical. I've seen tons of guys in the playoffs Dunk and scream without technicals. Don't you guys remember the warriors series, those guys were consistently dunking and screaming while the commentators praised them for showing "Heart". When we do the same we get a Tech.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #51
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

He was looking at Tim Duncan.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #52
SMC0007
Guru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ogrJ...eature=related

Yelling and air punching is fine and happens all the time, but you can not do that all over someones back like that. He even moved closer to Tim as soon as he landed. I don't like that the call was made (because he is a MAV) but I understand it totally.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #53
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

The sheer fact that someone can honestly say that Hollins was not looking at Tim Duncan makes me question whether or not there should be an IQ test before you are allowed membership to this message board.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #54
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ogrJ8LXvlY

He's clearly looking at the crowd, Not tim's chimpanzee facial expressions.
Hollins' head is completely obstructed from that angle until the very end. I don't think its very good proof that he wasn't looking at Duncan, since you can't even see him until he's in the motion of turning away from the camera.

During the game, it looked like taunting to me, and I didn't have a problem with the tech.

At best, it may have just been very unfortunate timing on Hollins' part - but I don't think you can really call it a blown call.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-28-2009 at 03:23 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #55
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Hollins' head is completely obstructed from that angle until the very end. I don't think its very good proof that he wasn't looking at Duncan, since you can't even see him until he's in the motion of turning away from the camera.

During the game, it looked like taunting to me, and I didn't have a problem with the tech.

At best, it may have just been very unfortunate timing on Hollins' part - but I don't think you can really call it a blown call.
Correct.

There is one angle that I saw that makes it fairly obvious he wasn't yelling at Timmah, but you can't expect the ref to know that. It was a legitimate call.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #56
Five-ofan
Guru

look ive got no problems with him getting called for a T there. But if you call him for a T there you might as well kick kg and kenyon martin out of the nba. The only thing i want is for it to be called consistently one way or the other. Generally i dont think taunting should be a techinical. I think the team being taunted should be responsible for taking care of it themselves, either by not giving up the dunk in the first place or putting him on his back after that.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 04-28-2009 at 07:00 PM.

Tags
cry me a river...