Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #41
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
short of martin pulling out a shank and stabbing dirk, dirk wasnt going to get a foul call in that situation and we all know that.
But Wright gives a little hip bump with three seconds to go, and that should CERTAINLY, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT be called a foul? How do you reconcile those two things?

Let's see...on the one hand it takes a shank and a felony charge...but on the other hand a hip bump will do. That shit don't add up, bro.

Come on, Matt. You are done with basketball, but you are sticking with baseball? Would that be because every umpire has the exact same strike zone?

If you were a Denver fan, would you feel dirty and guilty, that the refs allowed Melo to take that shot instead of having to inbound the ball? Or would you think that Melo is a badass and he can hit a pitch out of the park even if it's not in his wheelhouse?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #42
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Games like this clearly show why the NFL completely trumps the NBA in almost everything, marketing. If the NFL had the NBA marketing department (for the commercials like this one), then the NFL would be even better.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #43
Dallas2009CHAMPS

Dallas2009CHAMPS will become famous soon enough
Default Thank you NBA

...for your great refs.

im still gonna watch game 4 and root for the mavs
Old 05-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #44
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Well I guess your gunna have to change your username soon...
Old 05-09-2009, 08:23 PM   #45
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

i'm not sure why people expected the mavs to win this one

bennett salvatore was officiating...and we know how that worked out in the finals.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #46
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s View Post
i'm not sure why people expected the mavs to win this one

bennett salvatore was officiating...and we know how that worked out in the finals.
I expected this Mavericks team to be good enough to overcome the referees on this particular night. They couldn't.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #47
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

The next game could possibly be the last game of the Mavs post season and I look forward to it! I cannot wait to see what happens in the off season.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #48
Dallas2009CHAMPS

Dallas2009CHAMPS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
Well I guess your gunna have to change your username soon...
not until they actually lose...

That lost makes it especially hard to swallow because of the no call at the end.. The mavs does have a foul to give.. Where were the refs head at the time?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #49
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Your name is the reason Mavs lose every year. There, I said it.
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #50
PerryGreen17

PerryGreen17 will become famous soon enoughPerryGreen17 will become famous soon enough

Just got home from the game...how in the hell did I end up sitting near some Nuggets fans? Then, I ran into one on the way out who was doing the "tug on the chest of my jersey rub it in" dance. All I could say was "every team deserves to be good at least once every decade and a half." Resorting to the past to make myself feel better...I feel like a Spurs fan right now. Damn that's low.
PerryGreen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #51
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Im done watching nba games. Permanently. Ill pop in to comment on the rangers thread every now and then but im done with the nba. Dirk i love you but you play for a shitty league. I know this sounds like an overreaction but im actually fairly calm right now. Thats the problem. A terrible call to decide the mavs season doesnt shock me so i cant really get upset about it. And that my friends is why im done with the nba.

I think tuning in to see the next game will be worth it because Wright is going to get at Jr SMith! Mark my words, with the end of our season being just around the corner and the way the officiating has gone combined with the fact that JR Smith has taunted Wright and talked so much shit to everyone, it is going to HIT the fan! Jho is likely to get into some action too. Too bad it's 3 games too late.

As annoying as it has been this series I think the only thing left to do is fight. I swear that is all I want to see. A fricken stand. I would rather lose this game and see some of our guys throw down than drag this thing on. F-it.

I'm putting in the call, Wright or Jho.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #52
Gus

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Wright rode him with his body and reached in and hacked him across the arms. And it was the end of the game with a foul to give. The refs know this and they call stuff like that because they know the team is going to intentionally foul. Except this time they just up and decide to ignore it.

The shank and a felony charge is usually what it takes to get a foul called for Dirk. The refs in the NBA are just completely clueless and useless. It's a sloppy crap league and the people who run it seem to not care. And it's really not just this. It's in every series. They either need to chuck the rules on shooting fouls and let them play full contact-anything-goes or get some people in there who are somewhat competent in their job.

And I wouldn't compare what the NBA refs do to an umpire strike zone. At least you know what they'll call a strike and a ball, even if it's different between umpires. The NBA has clearly set definitions of what is a foul and not and the officials can't even get that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
But Wright gives a little hip bump with three seconds to go, and that should CERTAINLY, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT be called a foul? How do you reconcile those two things?

Let's see...on the one hand it takes a shank and a felony charge...but on the other hand a hip bump will do. That shit don't add up, bro.

Come on, Matt. You are done with basketball, but you are sticking with baseball? Would that be because every umpire has the exact same strike zone?

If you were a Denver fan, would you feel dirty and guilty, that the refs allowed Melo to take that shot instead of having to inbound the ball? Or would you think that Melo is a badass and he can hit a pitch out of the park even if it's not in his wheelhouse?
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #53
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryGreen17 View Post
Just got home from the game...how in the hell did I end up sitting near some Nuggets fans? Then, I ran into one on the way out who was doing the "tug on the chest of my jersey rub it in" dance. All I could say was "every team deserves to be good at least once every decade and a half." Resorting to the past to make myself feel better...I feel like a Spurs fan right now. Damn that's low.
I laughed. If you even minimally attempt to minimize your time-machine smack talk, you'll be doing better than the average Spurs fan.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:03 PM   #54
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there is any doubt whatsoever that Wright fouled 'melo -- he nearly body checked him out of bounds and then raked his left arm across both forearms. There's no question that he should have been called for a foul right away, especially knowing that the mavs had a foul to give...

...I mean.....if the mavs we're trailing by one and Wright did the same thing, is there any doubt he would have been called for a foul? For that matter....had Wright done the same thing with 8 minutes to play in the second quarter is there any doubt that play would have been called a foul?

I don't think so and I don't blame wright. The ref blew the call, simple as that.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #55
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Brandon Bass knows how to use home court and it was pretty evident today. I just thought he deserved some kudos. I truly believe he has a chance of bucking up with anyone on the Nuggets team...I don't care I want a texas size ho down.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #56
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
NBA issues statement on Mavs-Nuggets last-second foul

By Official Release
Posted May 9 2009 9:59PM

NEW YORK, May 9, 2009 -- Joel Litvin, NBA President, League and Basketball Operations, issued the following statement regarding the final seconds of Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals between the Denver Nuggets and the Dallas Mavericks:

"At the end of the Dallas-Denver game this evening, the officials missed an intentional foul committed by Antoine Wright on Carmelo Anthony, just prior to Anthony's 3-point basket."
So where's our do-over?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:20 PM   #57
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

I so want them to replay those last few seconds. In game 4 before it starts.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #58
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

We can still win four straight. It's not far from possible. Really

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #59
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah View Post
We can still win four straight. It's not far from possible. Really

Where is Birdman to come and swat this mess to the 4th row...?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #60
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
So where's our do-over?
That's my question. It seems to me that when there was an error in a Miami game a year or two ago, they replayed the final 42 seconds or so. Wasn't it against the Hawks?

Anyway, so on Monday night, will they start out by giving the Nuggets the ball, down 2, to inbound it with a couple of seconds to play? It seems only fair to me, since they admit that they blew the call.

Who am I kidding...
Old 05-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #61
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
That's my question. It seems to me that when there was an error in a Miami game a year or two ago, they replayed the final 42 seconds or so. Wasn't it against the Hawks?

Anyway, so on Monday night, will they start out by giving the Nuggets the ball, down 2, to inbound it with a couple of seconds to play? It seems only fair to me, since they admit that they blew the call.

Who am I kidding...
If do over's were the name of the game, the Mavs would have an NBA title.

Then again, I am generally of the opinion that you have to overcome bad officiating. The Mavs certainly could have done several things today to put this one away. Still, it stings for the NBA to put out this release less than four freaking hours after the game.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #62
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

Just got home from dinner after leaving the game. Sitting in the upper bowl, I had no idea what happened at the end of the game. I saw players screaming at the refs and fights breaking out after the game, but I had no idea that Melo's 3 shouldn't have counted... Just saw a replay of it during the Cavs game and apparently the NBA has released a statement that an intentional foul call was "missed" at the end of the game. Better than ignoring it, but wow that's awful.

I'm flying to Springfield, Mass this week and will be staying at a hotel next to the BBall HOF. I am seriously thinking I might take a sharpie with me and deface Chanellor Stern's picture...
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #63
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
If do over's were the name of the game, the Mavs would have an NBA title.

Then again, I am generally of the opinion that you have to overcome bad officiating. The Mavs certainly could have done several things today to put this one away. Still, it stings for the NBA to put out this release less than four freaking hours after the game.
I don't generally like complaints about the officiating either, but I'm also not from that illogical school that says you can't complain about a call at the end of the game because you could have made your FTs earlier in the game to put it away. While that is technically true, it's also technically true that if you didn't leave your house you'd never get in a car accident. Yet, when somebody rearends you at the light, it's still their fault, not yours.

There really is a simple fix here. You admit you blew the call, and we know how to fix it. There's even a precedent for going back and replaying the final "x" number of seconds of a game. So why not? I mean, after all, we are talking about the difference in this being a series that either team could win (if it's 2-1) or it realistically being over.

And as I type, some ESPN talking head is patting the NBA on the back for "acting decisively" in admitting their error. Give me a friggin' break...
Old 05-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #64
LonghornDub

Quote:
I don't generally like complaints about the officiating either, but I'm also not from that illogical school that says you can't complain about a call at the end of the game because you could have made your FTs earlier in the game to put it away. While that is technically true, it's also technically true that if you didn't leave your house you'd never get in a car accident. Yet, when somebody rearends you at the light, it's still their fault, not yours.
I agree with you completely from a logical standpoint here. The stuff that happens last in a close game is the most important because you have no chance to rectify it.

The officials blew the call and I'm upset about it, I just wish the Mavs would stop shooting themselves in the foot. They've done it in every single playoff series other than the first round this year, since (and including) the 2006 Finals.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #65
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And as I type, some ESPN talking head is patting the NBA on the back for "acting decisively" in admitting their error. Give me a friggin' break...
This explains why the NBA made the statement. It gets all the detached tweeners with no preferred team to shut up.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #66
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
I agree with you completely from a logical standpoint here. The stuff that happens last in a close game is the most important because you have no chance to rectify it.

The officials blew the call and I'm upset about it, I just wish the Mavs would stop shooting themselves in the foot. They've done it in every single playoff series other than the first round this year, since (and including) the 2006 Finals.
I wish they had made more plays, too, but I still don't know why we can't replay the end of the game. What makes this situation any different than the situation where Miami was allowed to replay the end of their game?
Old 05-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #67
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
This explains why the NBA made the statement. It gets all the detached tweeners with no preferred team to shut up.
Sure. But what a joke it is to admit it and take no corrective action.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #68
LonghornDub

Quote:
I wish they had made more plays, too, but I still don't know why we can't replay the end of the game. What makes this situation any different than the situation where Miami was allowed to replay the end of their game?
From a practical standpoint, nothing. Nothing at all. This would totally be replayable

The "difference" -- and the reason why we won't replay this -- will be that the error in that Heat-Hawks game was purely clerical, numerical error (Shaq was given a 6th foul when he really only had 5). In other words, it wasn't a "judgment call" (although I think that defense loses a lot of weight when you account for the fact that the NBA has already said the wrong judgment call was made).

Old 05-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #69
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
From a practical standpoint, nothing. Nothing at all. This would totally be replayable

The "difference" -- and the reason why we won't replay this -- will be that the error in that Heat-Hawks game was purely clerical, numerical error (Shaq was given a 6th foul when he really only had 5). In other words, it wasn't a "judgment call" (although I think that defense loses a lot of weight when you account for the fact that the NBA has already said the wrong judgment call was made).
Oh, that's right. It was simply a data entry error at the scorer's table. Still, with the league admitting that a mistake was made, why can't they replay it? It's not a judgment call, really. Wright reached out and grabbed the guy after nearly hip-checking him out of bounds and into the referee who was standing less than 3 feet from the play.

Wouldn't it make the league look better to replay it?
Old 05-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #70
LonghornDub

Quote:
Oh, that's right. It was simply a data entry error at the scorer's table. Still, with the league admitting that a mistake was made, why can't they replay it? It's not a judgment call, really. Wright reached out and grabbed the guy after nearly hip-checking him out of bounds and into the referee who was standing less than 3 feet from the play.

It definitely seems to become something other than a judgment call when the league says less than 5 hours afterward, "Yeah, that was the wrong call"....

Old 05-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #71
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:

The mistakes are only magnified though after the bad calls.

Any time there is a close game the loser will always think about the plays that could've been made.

In game 4 v Spurs Mavs were awful in 4th quarter and it almost felt like they were trying to give it away. But the Spurs didn't capitalize and nobody really complains about the Mavs miscues.

The Mavs miscues would've been rendered irrelevant here if the refs made that call and the Nuggets did not get off a good shot on the in bounds (it was still very possible that the Nuggets could've won the game regardless, but the odds I'd say were very slim compared to a wide open Melo 3).

I dunno, I'm just upset . But ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh well
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #72
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

I hate to be the one saying this, but if Carmelo misses that shot, do you still think there should be a replay?
Old 05-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #73
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
short of martin pulling out a shank and stabbing dirk, dirk wasnt going to get a foul call in that situation and we all know that.
Come on man. That does not get called in the last minutes of a game. Dirk would need to be lying in the ER on life support and maybe after they huddle and review that he really may die, then a touch foul is called.
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #74
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I feel where you are coming from...but if "Wright reached out and grabbed the guy after nearly hip-checking him out of bounds," we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's more like "Wright ole-ed the guy after giving him a hint of a bump."

It was poor execution on our part. By definition. To allow an open three there--WHILE GIVING A DAMN FOUL, NO LESS--is just piss poor execution.

This reminds me of Derek Harper dribbling out the clock.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #75
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

Ohh god blaming the league does nothing. We blamed then when we lost to Miami. The point is Denver is way better. We're to soft and dont play on the same level as other teams. We need to bring in some paint players and players who dont mind rubbing elbows. Point being yea we might of won tonight but not this series. Im not bitter at the refs just tired of excuses we make for losing.
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #76
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I feel where you are coming from...but if "Wright reached out and grabbed the guy after nearly hip-checking him out of bounds," we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's more like "Wright ole-ed the guy after giving him a hint of a bump."

It was poor execution on our part. By definition. To allow an open three there--WHILE GIVING A DAMN FOUL, NO LESS--is just piss poor execution.

This reminds me of Derek Harper dribbling out the clock.
One thing that's going mostly unmentioned is that Wright is now a 5th year player. I know he's never been much of a staple anywhere until this year, but his error in giving up on the play after the foul was rookie caliber. It's really inexcusable for a guy who's been in the league five years.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #77
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

The league issued a statement that the foul was missed, so regardless of how Wright performed (or lack of performance) the NBA acknowledged that there was a mistake by the referees that cost us the game.

Last edited by Zki41; 05-09-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #78
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
One thing that's going mostly unmentioned is that Wright is now a 5th year player. I know he's never been much of a staple anywhere until this year, but his error in giving up on the play after the foul was rookie caliber. It's really inexcusable for a guy who's been in the league five years.
Just got done watching it over and over again. I don't know what Wright was trying to do there, but it certainly wasn't anything good.

My own guess is that he saw Melo mishandle the ball, burning a couple seconds, and he got caught in between. I suspect that he was actually trying to defend on that play as if he didn't have a foul to give--which is how the refs called it.

I mean, after all, if that shot doesn't go, he's a hero.

Dumb fucking Aggie.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #79
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just today. It's Miami. It's the Rajon Rondo thing. The whole thing is suspect.

I love the game of basketball and Dirk so much, I just kind of brushed it off, but I was also able to accept wrestling as a form of entertainment. But this is like accepting an open faced lie whereas WWF was done with a wink. Like, watching a movie. Now, you are telling me this documentary is real when all you are telling me is I am stupid.

This lie is getting harder and harder to swallow.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 PM   #80
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
It's not just today. It's Miami. It's the Rajon Rondo thing. The whole thing is suspect.

I love the game of basketball and Dirk so much, I just kind of brushed it off, but I was also able to accept wrestling as a form of entertainment. But this is like accepting an open faced lie whereas WWF was done with a wink. Like, watching a movie. Now, you are telling me this documentary is real when all you are telling me is I am stupid.

This lie is getting harder and harder to swallow.
If that's the case, explain the motivation (premeditated, as it was) to not foul the Mavs there.

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here