Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-26-2009, 02:35 AM   #41
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Pick#56 http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ahmad-Nivins-1230/

"Although he’s made significant improvements in his stat-lines, Nivins is still very much the same player physically, aside from having a well-noted boost in conditioning. Boasting pretty good length and a very strong frame at 6’9, he’s both mobile and coordinated for a player his size, but he lacks in quickness, and his explosiveness from static and near-static situations is not much to speak of. However, when he has a head start, such as on pick-and-rolls and in transition, Nivins is able to get off the floor quite well, but this unfortunately doesn’t help him much in his post-up game.

Looking at his game, the one area that stands out the most in comparing with year’s past is Nivins’ finesse game on offense, which has improved notably over the past two years. While he isn’t going to fool anyone for Chris Bosh, he shows a respectable ability to face-up and put the ball on the floor for straight-line dribbles from the 15-foot range, scoring on running hooks and pull-up jumpers despite a lack of quickness. Speaking of his face-up game, Nivins’ mid-range jump shot is much improved as well, as he shows good form from 15 feet out featuring a high and quick release and a shot that he hits with relative consistency.

In the post, Nivins has a decent repertoire of moves at his disposal, and his awareness and decisiveness have both steadily improved over the past few seasons. He can turn to his left or right shoulder, fade away with hook shots and turnaround jumpers, or attack the basket strong with drop steps and step-throughs, while he shows a nice command of reverse lay-ups at the rim and shows a decent command of counter-moves. Due to his lack of explosiveness from standstill positions, Nivins is mostly an under-the-rim player in back-to-basket situations, but his game has evolved to the point that he doesn’t simply rely on his brute strength to get the job done, now having a pretty well-diversified attack"
Old 06-26-2009, 05:18 AM   #42
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

B-

Good moves, but not so greats. Are the Mavs in the right way?
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:38 AM   #43
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

B-

Not sure the huge upside on Beaubois. I can see why they liked him over Lawson and Maynor though with this athleticism. Plus, Denver had to give up a future first rounder for Lawson. Definitely not worth it.

Calathes is a steal at 45.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:08 AM   #44
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

well it sounds like josh howard will be traded this off-season. At least that is my thoughts
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:21 AM   #45
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Considering that they got Calethas for free because of the maneuvering they did before the draft, you have to call the draft execution a success, and anyone complaining about the move before the draft (Coop, Dirno) should be eating a bit of crow, I would think.

And people should probably stop referring to late second rounders as "basically worthless".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 06-26-2009 at 07:23 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:49 AM   #46
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I'm happy with what the Mavs did in this draft I mean they did better than last year, Rodrigue Beaubois is super quick and can ball and Rick said he was gonna play on the Mavs this coming season, Nick Calathes is gonna be playing overseas anyway since he singed a contract with Greece.

Last edited by Thomas86; 06-26-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I give every draft an "I"

Its WAY too early to tell on any draftee if they will become anything.

Still coming in with a late first rounder and ending up with Beaubois, the 45, 56, and a second rounder next year seems like some sharp GMing.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-26-2009 at 05:48 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #48
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Just learned that we're keeping the 56 pick. Awesome.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear Beaubois will be sticking with the team and not going overseas. I think the kid may have some serious potential and being mentored by Kidd should do wonders.

Upgraded from B- to B+

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #49
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I give myself an F for not knowing the guys that we drafted. I mean, I did see their youtube vids and I must say I am quite impressed. But, that's it. Anyone mind filling me on our picks ups and downs? Too lazy to read it somewhere else.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #50
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/br...y/1114876.html

another piece on Beaubois and the Dallas FO.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #51
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Just learned that we're keeping the 56 pick. Awesome.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear Beaubois will be sticking with the team and not going overseas. I think the kid may have some serious potential and being mentored by Kidd should do wonders.

Upgraded from B- to B+
So, Kidd is staying, right?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #52
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah View Post
So, Kidd is staying, right?
I don't see how Mavs management let's him get away. Honestly, I believe the rumors going around about the Lakers shopping Farmar and the Celtics shopping Rondo has a lot to do with Kidd being a free agent and them trying to free up a spot to bring him on board with the MLE. You also have to assume Lebron and Shaq will both team up and go after Kidd as hard as they can, but we have the money advantage and if we can get another All-Star talent on board then we can prove to be a competitive team next year as well. It's not a sure thing just yet but I'd say it's probably 80% in our favor at the moment.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #53
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Considering that they got Calethas for free because of the maneuvering they did before the draft, you have to call the draft execution a success, and anyone complaining about the move before the draft (Coop, Dirno) should be eating a bit of crow, I would think.

And people should probably stop referring to late second rounders as "basically worthless".
Hey, I returned to the scene of the crime and admitted it was wrong last night . Picking up Calathes made the draft for me so it turned out to be a genius move.

In theory I still don't think they got value from droping down two spots where they did but this was a unique circumstance as they knew their guy would be there.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #54
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd give them an "A" for effort and moves, and an "I" for player acquisition.

I think you grade drafts 3 years after the fact for player acquisition.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #55
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Hey, I returned to the scene of the crime and admitted it was wrong last night . Picking up Calathes made the draft for me so it turned out to be a genius move.

In theory I still don't think they got value from droping down two spots where they did but this was a unique circumstance as they knew their guy would be there.
Ah I didn't see that. Not that I didn't think you would (assuming you liked grabbing Calathes).

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #56
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
I like that keeping the 56th pick in the draft made it a "big success".
Who did you want? Blake Griffin? With what we had to work with initially, we did a hell of job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I give every draft an "I"

Its WAY too early to tell on any draftee if they will become anything.

Still coming in with a late second rounder and ending up with Beaubois, the 45, 56, and a second rounder next year seems like some sharp GMing.
Yes, I agree it is way to early to grade the players in the draft, but we're grading the actual draft itself and how it played out... plus giving it an I is not as fun =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I'd give them an "A" for effort and moves, and an "I" for player acquisition.

I think you grade drafts 3 years after the fact for player acquisition.
I is such a cop out =P

but at least the FO is trying

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #57
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

this is what Chad Ford said
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...tGrades-090626

DALLAS MAVERICKS GRADE: B-

Round 1: Rodrigue Beaubois (25, obtained from Thunder)
Round 2: Nick Calathes (45, obtained from Wolves via Sixers and Heat), Ahmad Nivins (56, via Blazers)
Analysis: I like the Mavericks' second-round picks more than their first-rounder. I'd be willing to bet Calathes becomes a much better player than Beaubois, both in Europe and in the NBA, and Nivins is an up-and-comer.
I am not sold on Beaubois and think Toney Douglas would have been a better pick here.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #58
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Booby is a good pick just because we can call him booby
CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #59
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I give them a 'B+'. Beaubois is a perfect fit for the Mavs' needs and Calathes is a steal. Nivins sounds like a Nick Collison type player (a good thing imo). I'd give an 'A' if they could have found a way to get Sammy Young or Blair (I hate the idea of Blair being a Spur). For me, the FO gained back a bit of credibility but they still have a ways to go before I'm confident they have a viable plan for improving the team. Fact is that I'm a bit surprised they made above average decisions.

Warriors taking Curry was a great move. They've got an amazing amount of talent on the wings.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #60
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah View Post
I give myself an F for not knowing the guys that we drafted. I mean, I did see their youtube vids and I must say I am quite impressed. But, that's it. Anyone mind filling me on our picks ups and downs? Too lazy to read it somewhere else.
Haha, Anthony Morrow was not even in the Draft Media Guide a year ago and he was what the top 3 point shooter......there are a few no names who will make a name for themselves.....you hope he's on our side.

Last edited by Kidd Karma; 06-26-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #61
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post

....haaha, I had him tabbed too early as our 24th pick. Nelson and Cuban know what they're doing, scouting out the landscape. Getting 3 players + a 2010 OK City 2nd rounder for the 22nd.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #62
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I give them a 'B+'. Beaubois is a perfect fit for the Mavs' needs and Calathes is a steal. Nivins sounds like a Nick Collison type player (a good thing imo). I'd give an 'A' if they could have found a way to get Sammy Young or Blair (I hate the idea of Blair being a Spur). For me, the FO gained back a bit of credibility but they still have a ways to go before I'm confident they have a viable plan for improving the team. Fact is that I'm a bit surprised they made above average decisions.

Warriors taking Curry was a great move. They've got an amazing amount of talent on the wings.
Yea, I like the scouting reports on Beaubois. The wingspan, the defensive prowess, could prove to be a good change of pace for Kidd....or have Beaubois play the quicker points and allow Kidd to play free safety defensively and run the offense. Agree on Calathes, a steal at 45, not 24 where I was thinking they would grab him.

Dickie V seems to think Curry will be ROY. I love that pick for GSW, allows them to interchangeably work Ellis and Curry as hybrid 1-2 guards, either can push, create, shoot or finish at the cup, no set duties....unlike the Mavs with Kidd. I would not be surprised if Curry starts, along with Ellis, Jackson, Randolph and Biedrins.....and please do not move him for Stoudemire.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #63
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Press conference on the radio now...

Donnie excited about "not just athleticism, energetic athleticism"

Huh?
Old 06-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #64
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

Huh?
I'd imagine "energetic athleticism" is the antithesis of Erick Dampier...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-26-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #65
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:

Huh?
Guys flying around the ball, attacking on defense.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #66
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'd imagine "energetic athleticism" is the antithesis of Erick Dampier...
Don't forget Matt Carroll, too.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:31 PM   #67
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Huh?
He really has a way with words huh?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #68
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
He really has a way with words huh?
Gift of Gab, probably from his dad's side. Nellie always had a way with the media. I guess junior has it too, the charm, I remember in the chat that a question was posed, if nothing is done this offseason, would Nelson be fired, Sefko said no and pointed to his track record.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #69
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

F SEFKO

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:02 PM   #70
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
F SEFKO
Harsh....but funny.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #71
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

Huh?
Yea I heard that and wondered WTF. But I think a prime example of someone with athleticism and not energetic athleticism is a guy like Tracy McGrady or Vince Carter. A guy with energetic athleticism would be someone like Josh Smith from the Hawks.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #72
dmack24

dmack24 will become famous soon enoughdmack24 will become famous soon enough

I like that we got an insurance policy for Kidd; but we already had three pgs prior to the draft; I do not care what you say about Jet as a two guard; he is in the body of a one and struggles horribly against true two guards like Kobe, or a Joe Johnson. Now we have 4 point guards; and there is not a promise that Rodrigue will be ready for this season intangible wise; and yet we are left with a strong deficit at sg again. Unless Gerald Green can Antoine can make key contributions game in and game out; we will have the same results as last year. Plus the thought of getting rid of Barea would be a huge mistake; considering Kidd will not play for us after next year. Rodrigue looks like another Jet if you ask me; a sg in a pgs body.
dmack24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #73
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Birdman bleeds energetic athleticism.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #74
dmack24

On some lists Beaubois was not even suppose to be drafted; but from what i see the Greek could be a steal; I hope he can play the two guard because we desperately need help there.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #75
dmack24

i would love to have Birdman as our starting Center.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #76
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #77
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmack24 View Post
I like that we got an insurance policy for Kidd; but we already had three pgs prior to the draft; I do not care what you say about Jet as a two guard; he is in the body of a one and struggles horribly against true two guards like Kobe, or a Joe Johnson. Now we have 4 point guards; and there is not a promise that Rodrigue will be ready for this season intangible wise; and yet we are left with a strong deficit at sg again. Unless Gerald Green can Antoine can make key contributions game in and game out; we will have the same results as last year. Plus the thought of getting rid of Barea would be a huge mistake; considering Kidd will not play for us after next year. Rodrigue looks like another Jet if you ask me; a sg in a pgs body.
Wow, there are a lot of inaccuracies in your post...

First of all - Jason Terry's offensive skills are better-suited for SG than PG, despite his body type (he doesn't have great court vision...)

Second - JJB will never be a starting PG in this league - we were fishing for someone who could replace Kidd when he leaves and we found a player with potential...

Third - what makes you think Kidd won't play for us after next season? If we re-sign him, it'll probably be to a 3-year deal...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-26-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #78
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I feel bad about Michael Jackson too....
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #79
hawks87

hawks87 has a spectacular aura abouthawks87 has a spectacular aura about

Hey guys thought i would give you a little insight to your #56 pick Ahmad Nivins, seeing as i had the pleasure of seeing him all 4 years while at St. Joes. Coming in we all knew he had offensive abilities and he would rebound well. The only question mark was his D. However in the last 2 years he has really stepped up his shot-blocking and post up D. He has also improved his 10-15 foot jumper, which he seems to continue to shoot more and more of. He was also a double-double machine in College, i believe he put up 20 some in his senior year, and that should translate well in the NBA. The only guy with more double-doubles was Blake Griffen, who by the way went toe to toe with Nivins in the 2008 NCAA Tourny 1st round game, in which Nivins was able to match him.

A few other points.
- His nickname in college was Slim
- A10 Player of the year
- 3 time all A10 team
- He actually played with Nick Calathes's older bro Pat for 3 years at SJU
- And Finally he is probably one of the nicest kids in the draft and will bring great chemistry in the locker room.

here is 2 of his top 10 sportscenter plays(on the same night) @ villanova, which display his Offense an Defense.

#7 and #4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRAdK...layer_embedded
hawks87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #80
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks87 View Post
Hey guys thought i would give you a little insight to your #56 pick Ahmad Nivins, seeing as i had the pleasure of seeing him all 4 years while at St. Joes. Coming in we all knew he had offensive abilities and he would rebound well. The only question mark was his D. However in the last 2 years he has really stepped up his shot-blocking and post up D. He has also improved his 10-15 foot jumper, which he seems to continue to shoot more and more of. He was also a double-double machine in College, i believe he put up 20 some in his senior year, and that should translate well in the NBA. The only guy with more double-doubles was Blake Griffen, who by the way went toe to toe with Nivins in the 2008 NCAA Tourny 1st round game, in which Nivins was able to match him.

A few other points.
- His nickname in college was Slim
- A10 Player of the year
- 3 time all A10 team
- He actually played with Nick Calathes's older bro Pat for 3 years at SJU
- And Finally he is probably one of the nicest kids in the draft and will bring great chemistry in the locker room.

here is 2 of his top 10 sportscenter plays(on the same night) @ villanova, which display his Offense an Defense.

#7 and #4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRAdK...layer_embedded

Thanks for the insight. He was at the press conference this morning and he sounds like a bright guy. Looking forward to seeing him in summer league.

Tags
what is a mavs777?