Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-13-2009, 02:31 AM   #41
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
In my book, the team is the players, and I'm as loyal to them as they are to the team. That means I still love Mike Finley for all he did for us, and screw Steve Nash who took the money and ran.
Boy, I was right with you until that last part.

Regardless, good to see you back around here.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 04:30 AM   #42
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

Josh needs to go train and/or rehab with Tim Grover in Chicago. We can win and make the playoffs without Josh. As long as he comes back 100 percent around February or March, we should be fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGFV5_jJq9A

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 10-13-2009 at 04:53 AM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:35 AM   #43
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Boy, I was right with you until that last part.

Regardless, good to see you back around here.
The way I gramatically parse that sentence, it reads "I still... screw Steve Nash who took the money and ran".

In other words, I think it fits you perfectly.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #44
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
But what if we trade Howard for the elusive, anonymous, and perhaps even nonexistent "a center"?
Well, if it's the elusive nonexistent center, then yeah that would work great. I say do it.

If 5 or 6 centers on this roster is really what we need... (Gooden,Damp,Humphries,Voshkul,Jawaai+new guy)

I think the Dust chip has great potential to land us a center next year or whenever they decide the best time to use it, if Gooden/Damp isn't working out. I think our center posisiton is going to be well better than average in the league this year.

Josh is a good player and I would rather miss him to begin the season than have him hurt or out coming down the stretch, because we pushed him back to early. It should be a no brainer but sometimes things are damn near impossible to fathom.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 10-13-2009 at 10:11 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #45
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
In my book, the team is the players, and I'm as loyal to them as they are to the team. That means I still love Mike Finley for all he did for us, and screw Steve Nash who took the money and ran.

Except for his last Summer of Discontent... most of it minor and blow WAAAAY out of proportion, Josh has done nothing but play hard for the Mavs. The way he gutted it out in the playoffs, when he couldn't walk without a limp and couldn't play without an injection earns him HUGE loyalty points in my book. If you don't respect that, then, IMHO, you are a lousy fan.

You can rag on him for his BB IQ, but I am anxious to see how he meshes as well. I think there are few teams who have enough quality swingmen on defense to keep up with him, Matrix and Jet. With Kidd and Dirk at crunch time, That's 3 guys who averaged over 18 last year, plus Marion-career 17.8. Anyone who leaves his man to double team should regret it big time. I see alley-oops and wide open 3's galore in our future.

Stephen Jackson may add some grit, but he's also a head case. I'd take him cheap, but he ain't worth Josh. What if he comes here and keeps whining? Or pouting? Or fighting? Josh is just a solid 18/6 guy. I would only trade him for a pure 2 who scores as well and is a quality defender. There ain't many of those working for what Josh makes.

Get well Josh, then come back and kick some butt, so these weak assed fans can eat their words.
You still love Mike Finley because he's loyal? We paid him HUGE money to play somewhere else (under agreeable and good conditions) and Cuban even offered him more money up front not to go to the Spurs. What'd he do? He sold out and went to our biggest conference and division rival to win a championship. Yeah, dude is screaming with loyalty to the team. In fact, every time I saw him suited up in black and white playing along side Bruce Bowen, Ginobili, Parker, and Duncan I thought to myself, "now there goes a guy who was faithful and loyal to the Mavericks franchise."

You mention Howard has done nothing but play hard for the Mavs. You're either very easily convinced or you have a very short term memory because there are countless threads and examples of how Howard has played and acted out with a lethargic me first attitude. Just recently towards the end of last season he started to get his crap together. Playing under unfavorable conditions may earn loyalty points but that nowhere makes up for all the crap he's put the franchise through over the past two seasons. He's still got a ways to go in my book.

Yeah, I'd like to see Howard come back and play well also because his skill set and intangibles can help this team succeed, but I'm going to need a lot more proof before I designate him Mr. Maverick and I'm sure as hell not opposed to not trading him for a quality center or other starting caliber player that could give Dirk and the Mavericks a better chance at winning a title.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 10-13-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #46
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Josh Howard Participates In First 'Contact' Practice With Mavs As Shawn Marion Sits Out

As we reported from Mavs practice today at 1:20 p.m. (see, I told you that dang Twitter would come in handy!) Josh Howard participated in his first “contact’’ practice since undergoing ankle surgery in May.

“He looked great,’’ teammate Jason Kidd tells DallasBasketball.com. “It was pretty much like he hadn’t missed a beat.’’

More news from Wednesday’s practice – from what Howard did in the scrimmage to what Shawn Marion didn’t do – coming up! But first, comments from Howard and from coach Rick Carlisle:

Says Josh: “I was able to get out there and give it a shot. I’ve got to work through the pain. It's the first time I actually did any contact stuff., so I’ll have to keep doing rehab.''

Says Carlisle: "He went through about half of the stuff and then we iced him down. He wouldn't be out there if his ankle wasn't in a position to be doing stuff. Whenever he's out there, our team gets a little more energized.''

Still, the team is exercising caution – with Howard and Marion (calf).

“We're at a point where we just got to make sure we get them healthy,'' Carlisle says. "Shawn's thing isn't a serious situation, but it's something we have to be careful with. We’re not going to take any undue risks.’’

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2127

Last edited by dirno2000; 10-14-2009 at 02:45 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #47
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
According to Fish Josh scrimaged today.
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2127

yep very good news.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #48
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Sucks that he is going through a lot of pain.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #49
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs Practice Report
Buzz up!vote now
Earl K. Sneed, Mavs.com (10/14/09)

Mavs Practice Report

With the Dallas Mavericks’ fourth preseason game on the horizon, you’d think the chatter at Wednesday’s practice would be talk of their next opponent, the Detroit Pistons.

Overshadowing the Pistons was the return of Mavs swingman Josh Howard to practice, as the former Wake Forest standout went through full-contact drills and scrimmaged for the first time this preseason after off-season ankle and wrist surgery.

“Any day you’re out there is a good day,” Howard said of his return to the practice court. “I was able to get out there and give it a shot, you know. That’s it.”

“I just have to work through the pain. This is the first time I actually did contact stuff, so I have to keep doing rehab.”

While Howard was only able to go through able half of the practice before returning to rehab and icing his ankle, it was still a welcomed sight for Mavs coach Rick Carlisle.

“There’s no timetable,” Carlisle said in response to if Howard could return to playing in games before the preseason ends. “We’re going to play this day by day and see where it goes. He’s worked extremely hard. He had a very serious procedure, and this was a very positive sign today. But by no means is he ready to jump into games anytime soon.”

“Look he wouldn’t be out there if his ankle wasn’t in position for him to be doing stuff. Hey, it’s great to see him and whenever he’s out there our team gets a little more energized. Those are all positives, but there’s no set timetable. We’re going to take this thing a day at a time.”

While the Dallas unit welcomed Howard back with open arms, they were without forward Shawn Marion Wednesday while he rehabs from a mild strain to the right calf. With Marion out (listed as day-to-day) of practice during Howard’s return, integrating the two into the fold is on hold for Carlisle and the coaching staff.

“We’re at a point here where we’ve just got to get (Marion and Howard) healthy. Shawn’s thing isn’t a serious situation, but it’s something we’ve got to be careful with. And we’re being very aggressive with treatment, but we’re not going to put him out there until he’s ready."

“Of course we want to get him back sooner rather than later, but the season is too long to take a risk and have the thing go into a yo-yo effect where it’s okay one day and then he misses two. We can’t get into that.”

Though it is clear Dallas is a better team with both Howard and Marion on the court, for now the Mavs are focused on getting the two healthy before the regular season opener on Oct. 27, a home game against the Washington Wizards.

Still there is an adjustment that the two players will have to make before going to the season. Howard, who has played predominantly at the small forward position will see more time at shooting guard this season, with Marion likely starting at small forward.

It is certainly an adjustment, but one that Howard is prepared to make.

“The (shooting guard) shots a little more jump shots, I think from what I’ve seen,” Howard said jokingly. “I don’t think it’s going to be too difficult. Me and Shawn are pretty much the same type of players. We’ll just have to find a different way to score besides shooting jump shots all the time, I’ll say that much.”

Though Howard will not be in action, and possibility neither will Marion, the Mavs return to action Thursday at the American Airlines Center to face off with the Detroit Pistons. The game tips at 7:30 p.m. CT, and will air on HD NET and NBA TV. For ticket information call (214) 747-MAVS.

I like the quotes from one of the leagues best coaches.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #50
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

“The (shooting guard) shots a little more jump shots, I think from what I’ve seen,”
Scared the hell out of me

Quote:
We’ll just have to find a different way to score besides shooting jump shots all the time, I’ll say that much.”
Relaxed me.

J-Ho keeps me on edge with some of the things he says

BEAT LA
Old 10-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #51
badfish22
Golden Member

Josh interview

Btw did anyone hear Cubes on the Ticket this morning.
I missed it but if any1 wants to post a summary of the interview that would be great.

BEAT LA
Old 10-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #52
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I'm suprised Howard was out there practicing with the team....if the Mavs can atleast get Howard 90% to 95% healthy Howard could make a differance on this team.

Last edited by Thomas86; 10-14-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #53
gscheid

gscheid is on a distinguished road

When Cuban is thinking about Wade in January we still have to hold Howard. Else i thing we have to move them, because he don't really perform his potential in Dallas. For Example we can trade Howard/Carroll for a center (Kaman, Gasol, Oden, Bogut) or for a good SG and shooter like Redd, Martin, Iguodala ...
gscheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:38 AM   #54
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscheid View Post
When Cuban is thinking about Wade in January we still have to hold Howard. Else i thing we have to move them, because he don't really perform his potential in Dallas. For Example we can trade Howard/Carroll for a center (Kaman, Gasol, Oden, Bogut) or for a good SG and shooter like Redd, Martin, Iguodala ...
Ouch.

You can cross Wade, Oden and Iggy for sure.

I still do not want Redd in combo with Terry. I prefer even Ellis over Redd...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:14 PM   #55
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Howard still is, on average a 1st half guy. He called the worst timeout in the history of the Mavericks. He threw a hissy when his bff got traded, and was even more skittish after that. He came out of his funk to show that as often as not, showed that he'd rather shoot a safe jumper than dive on the floor. He's great for the team when he's committed and giving it all on the floor. He'll occasionally gut it out for 4 quarters. But it's really hard to pretend that that's what we can expect from Josh Howard.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #56
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
Howard still is, on average a 1st half guy. He called the worst timeout in the history of the Mavericks. He threw a hissy when his bff got traded, and was even more skittish after that. He came out of his funk to show that as often as not, showed that he'd rather shoot a safe jumper than dive on the floor. He's great for the team when he's committed and giving it all on the floor. He'll occasionally gut it out for 4 quarters. But it's really hard to pretend that that's what we can expect from Josh Howard.
wow. This post is poorly edited, pasted into the wrong thread, and Dirkenstein did a better job 8 days ago saying what I was trying to say.

Score 1 for me for bad posting.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #57
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

You are being WAAAYY too harsh on that poster UL. Lets not get personal about things.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:11 AM   #58
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wow. This post is poorly edited, pasted into the wrong thread, and Dirkenstein did a better job 8 days ago saying what I was trying to say.

Score 1 for me for bad posting.
Were you trying to say "Josh is a dog"?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:13 AM   #59
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
I think you mean "supposedly" called the worst timeout in the history of the Mavericks.....you, me along with the rest of Mavs fans and even ref Joey Crawford know that Josh didn't call a timeout even Joey Crawford said himself that Josh didn't call one, besides that I agree with you about the Devin Harris part....when Devin was traded Josh wasn't the same player after and I don't want to get started on the Hornets series when Josh quit on the team, I still like Howard I just hope he's able to stay on the court long enuff to help the team.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #60
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

One thing is for sure, Marion isn't going to wait around to see if Josh is going to make a great positive impact on the floor...he is just going to do it.

I hope Josh sees Marion as a pro and a pal....and not a threat.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #61
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
One thing is for sure, Marion isn't going to wait around to see if Josh is going to make a great positive impact on the floor...he is just going to do it.

I hope Josh sees Marion as a pro and a pal....and not a threat.

I would bet any amount on that. The only thing we have to worry about is his ankle holding up. We know he will play on it but being 100% should be our only concern with him as far as chemistry goes. Now who knows how his transition to SG will go. Hopefully smooth.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #62
gscheid

gscheid is on a distinguished road

What ever, to run for a ring, we need a 40% 3'pointer, 25 points per game SG (Redd, Wade, Hamilton, Johnson, Roy, Martin, Iguodala....) and a strong defender, dunking talent Center (Oden, Al Jeff, Bogut, Al Hoford Marc Gasol....).

Use the Trade object this year: Howard and Dampier.
gscheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #63
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscheid View Post
What ever, to run for a ring, we need a 40% 3'pointer, 25 points per game SG (Redd, Wade, Hamilton, Johnson, Roy, Martin, Iguodala....) and a strong defender, dunking talent Center (Oden, Al Jeff, Bogut, Al Hoford Marc Gasol....).

Use the Trade object this year: Howard and Dampier.

The only player you named that shoots 40% 3ptr is Kevin Martin. Hell most of dudes you named don't score 25 ppg either. There's probably not enough balls for two guys on this team to score 25 ppg. That's Dirks job and I would bet his scoring drops a tad this season. We just need Josh to play consistent offensively and slow the opposing SG down defensively, especially late in the game when they are trying to take over.

A dunking talent center? What does that mean?

You are pipedreaming basically. We can't realistically get this team all that much better. Besides even if we could (on paper) the chemistry seems to be coming along well ahead of what could be expected so lets just dial it back and see where this goes for a while.

Last edited by SMC0007; 10-26-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #64
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Timmy Mac just reported on radio that J-Ho will miss the next two weeks. Doh!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #65
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Avalon View Post
Timmy Mac just reported on radio that J-Ho will miss the next two weeks. Doh!

alright what the fuck is going on.
I'm starting to get angry...
Old 10-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #66
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

I have a feeling that we won't be seeing much of Josh this season. Not that he's not trying to get back, but between his wrist and surgically repaired ankle, he has a lot going against him right now. I hope I'm wrong.. we're not winning anything without a healthy Josh Howard.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #67
SMC0007
Guru

I think a little shut the feck up and be patient is needed in this here thread. You think he is just not interested in playing?

An analogy may make it easier for some of you. Ok, say you love to beat off with a few friends (a team) and it's your life, you do it 3-5 times a week, Then you break your hand and have surgery. How annoying would it be for people to blame and criticize you, even tho you have jerked it injured but it didn't work out too well and you aren't quite the same. It's a lose lose situation. 1) you aren't as good as you were healthy and you are blamed anyway for not producing. 2) you re-injure yourself and miss the IJC aka the Internation Jerkoff Competition. Which is essentially the playoffs in basketball. In conclusion, don't miss the BIG DANCE for a few sock hops early in the season. The end.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #68
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish someone would explain why they have such a fuzzy idea for when he'll be back.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #69
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

After reading SMC's post, Josh Howard is now 110% ready to play 48 minutes of every Mavs game, citing a new perspective on the sport.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 10-26-2009 at 03:27 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #70
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
I think a little shut the feck up and be patient is needed in this here thread. You think he is just not interested in playing?

An analogy may make it easier for some of you. Ok, say you love to beat off with a few friends (a team) and it's your life, you do it 3-5 times a week, Then you break your hand and have surgery. How annoying would it be for people to blame and criticize you, even tho you have jerked it injured but it didn't work out too well and you aren't quite the same. It's a lose lose situation. 1) you aren't as good as you were healthy and you are blamed anyway for not producing. 2) you re-injure yourself and miss the IJC aka the Internation Jerkoff Competition. Which is essentially the playoffs in basketball. In conclusion, don't miss the BIG DANCE for a few sock hops early in the season. The end.
But then lets say you get surgery on your primary jerking hand during the off season. You make sure you get it as soon as the IJC ends so you can be sure to make it back for the next season of jerking.

You say your jerking hand feels great all off season but then suddenly you might miss some of the preseason. Which turns into all of the preseason. Which turns to the first two weeks of the regular season.
Meanwhile other jerkers have had similar surguries and are back in time for training camp.

That is why i'm angry.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #71
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
But then lets say you get surgery on your primary jerking hand during the off season. You make sure you get it as soon as the IJC ends so you can be sure to make it back for the next season of jerking.

You say your jerking hand feels great all off season but then suddenly you might miss some of the preseason. Which turns into all of the preseason. Which turns to the first two weeks of the regular season.
Meanwhile other jerkers have had similar surguries and are back in time for training camp.

That is why i'm angry.
To fill out the metaphor, let's further imagine (you know, hypothetically speaking, just to get a different angle on the picture and view it all with our third eye and all) that you are Josh Howard, and have a history of flakiness.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #72
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

a) Beating-off with your friends is 100% gay...

b) Couldn't he use the other hand? (stranger in the bedroom, if you know what I mean...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-26-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #73
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
To fill out the metaphor, let's further imagine (you know, hypothetically speaking, just to get a different angle on the picture and view it all with our third eye and all) that you are Josh Howard, and have a history of flakiness.

Like playing his arse off in the playoffs, when it was obviously a severely bum ankle? At least thats what my third eye saw.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #74
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That is why i'm angry.
-What makes you think that he delayed the surgery?

-I don't remember reading any quotes this off season that his ankle felt great. If so he was speaking in relative terms because he was still in a boot at his annual camp in Winston Salem.

-Who is this player that had a similar reconstructive surgery on his ankle this off season and is good to go?
Old 10-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #75
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Like playing his arse off in the playoffs, when it was obviously a severely bum ankle? At least thats what my third eye saw.
My third eye was in my pants during the SA series... but I can see how it would be different for people in more private settings.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 10-26-2009 at 04:53 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #76
SMC0007
Guru

[QUOTE]
Quote:

Is that not what he did?

Quote:

That is why i'm angry.

I wouldn't be surprised if he were back sooner than two weeks or if he were out a little longer, which is very likely. I understand the frustration but not getting angry at JHo. I can't see blaming him for this unless other info comes out about how it's somehow his fault.

I want to see a full strength team pretty damn bad myself but I would hate to see him rush back and hurt it again. When he comes back I hope it is for good, even if it takes a few more weeks or a month.

IF we don't have him for the playoffs, forget it. Even if we did have him we're probably not gonna get past the Lakers, but without him (healthy) we don't stand a chance.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #77
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I wish someone would explain why they have such a fuzzy idea for when he'll be back.
I think he had a setback that they haven't told us about. He scrimmaged for the first time a little over a week ago and now they're saying that he may still be two weeks away? Doesn't seem like it should be a month between your first scrimmage and being game ready.

Plus Carlisle isn't the most forthcoming coach in the league when it comes to dealing with injuries and the NBA isn't like the NFL where they to make you talk about it. I could see Carlisle throwing out 2-weeks just so people will stop asking about Josh.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #78
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
-What makes you think that he delayed the surgery?

-I don't remember reading any quotes this off season that his ankle felt great. If so he was speaking in relative terms because he was still in a boot at his annual camp in Winston Salem.

-Who is this player that had a similar reconstructive surgery on his ankle this off season and is good to go?
I didnt say he delayed the surgery. My point was that since he had the surgery so early in the off season (just so he could for sure be ready) than its frustrating that he is still hurt

And Josh has been saying hes feeling great every time they have asked him about it. He said he felt good when he talked to Sneed a few weeks ago. He tweeted that his ankles felt great.

Im not blaming Josh for this. I still believe he wants to play. I just think there is something there not telling us here.

There could have been a setback...
Old 10-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #79
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think he had a setback that they haven't told us about. He scrimmaged for the first time a little over a week ago and now they're saying that he may still be two weeks away? Doesn't seem like it should be a month between your first scrimmage and being game ready.

Plus Carlisle isn't the most forthcoming coach in the league when it comes to dealing with injuries and the NBA isn't like the NFL where they to make you talk about it. I could see Carlisle throwing out 2-weeks just so people will stop asking about Josh.
The last few times I heard him speak on the subject I have thought that this might be the case. I just wish someone else in a different role with the Mavs would give us something to go on. As you said, hearing that he practiced last week and then hearing that he could be weeks ago is a bit jarring.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-26-2009 at 05:33 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #80
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Oct 9, 2009 5:45 pm US/Central

Mavericks Not Sure When Josh Howard Will Play -WASHINGTON AP

Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle isn't sure when swingman Josh Howard will be able to play after offseason surgery on his left ankle.

Asked Friday whether Howard could miss the start of the regular season, Carlisle replied: "Stay tuned."

"Giving a timetable was probably a mistake. We have to play this by ear," Carlisle said. "I'll probably announce it the day he is going to play — whether that is in two weeks or a month or a month and a half."

Dallas opens the regular season Oct. 27.

Howard averaged 18 points and 5.1 rebounds last season, missing 30 games.

fwiw.

Tags
flaco's purple nipples, getting high, glass ankle glass pipe, guitar/belle&sebastian?, howard, i smell a fail <-, i smell a fail ->, i smell a trade brewing, mcpants!, that's what she said, wadded panties, wanna be a world beater?, who's "steven" jackson