Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #41
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

It might be gas issues Flaco, do you use a pacifier? It might just be her wanting to suckle on something so she uses her hand.

We weren't big on pacifiers(binkys, or whatever) but the first 6 months we gave it to them. Oddly enough all 3 didn't want it after that time period.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #42
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we're (kind of reluctantly) using a pacifier.

And I'm for whatever reason very against the word "binky." What a stupid word.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #43
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife always called it a "passy" which drove me insane.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #44
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

lucky for her she's looking less and less like your avatar.
and yeah, teeth are some of the most unpredictable things. 3 months is early, but its a pretty wide distribution.

(and you know, that second picture (with the stars shirt) does look a little like alexamenos' avatar!)
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #45
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

we use the word "chook", which was the best she could do for the spanish word "chupete"
we are now dealing with breaking her of the habit. My advice on that: don't use one, or don't take it away till the baby is aware enough to choose to do without (probably 2.5 or 3 years). We did good keeping it relegated to sleep-time, but we've tried the cold-turkey route, and it's a mess.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #46
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
My wife always called it a "passy" which drove me insane.
Yeah I don't like that either, but my wife seems to.

I'm afraid that we're already pretty firmly entrenched in the pacifier....But then if she were to become accustomed to the hand/thumb...I can't take ever that away and that's a bad habit...

Fun, fun.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #47
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty certain every baby I've ever had the pleasure of knowing has sucked their hand. I think it's common. Does giving her the pacifier not take that away at the time (does she remove the pacifier and insert her hand?)? If so, she might not like the pacifier you chose. They are not all the same. My younger daughter had this pacifier she loved.... which we lost when she was 4 months old and she wouldn't take anything else. Luckily for us she only complained for a bit and then just went on to being her happy little self again.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 01-20-2010 at 01:36 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Occasionally she will knock the pacifier out with her hand and insert hand...but I think it's just luck at this point. At 11 weeks (12?) she really doesn't have a ton of control of what she's doing with her hands yet, but she's starting to figure it out.

I think she laughed at me last night. That was awesome. Or it was a timely smile and grunt/noise that coincided.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:56 AM   #49
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

yes, she could be teething. it is a bit early but entirely possible. I don't think my son's first tooth came in until he was about 6 months old. now he is cutting his molars. it is the most miserable experience I think I've ever endured. you can tell he is in a lot of pain. we have been blessed because he started sleeping through the night at 4 weeks old. he would go down at about 8:30 and would wake up at 5:30. it was awesome! at about 6 months he slept from 8:30 until 7:30 and has continued to do that until about two weeks ago. the past couple of weeks have been miserable for all of us. last night he was up screaming from 12:30 until 3:30. it is such a terrible feeling knowing that there is only so much you can do to help ease his pain. I can't wait to get through this phase! sorry for the rant...

LOVE the current pics. she's a doll!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:41 AM   #50
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp View Post
yes, she could be teething. it is a bit early but entirely possible. I don't think my son's first tooth came in until he was about 6 months old. now he is cutting his molars. it is the most miserable experience I think I've ever endured. you can tell he is in a lot of pain. we have been blessed because he started sleeping through the night at 4 weeks old. he would go down at about 8:30 and would wake up at 5:30. it was awesome! at about 6 months he slept from 8:30 until 7:30 and has continued to do that until about two weeks ago. the past couple of weeks have been miserable for all of us. last night he was up screaming from 12:30 until 3:30. it is such a terrible feeling knowing that there is only so much you can do to help ease his pain. I can't wait to get through this phase! sorry for the rant...

LOVE the current pics. she's a doll!
Well....

She is pretty awesome. Thank you.

Lately I'm sending my wife to bed at 9 or 10pm, then feeding my baby and getting her down by 12am. She sleeps until 7am most nights, which I think, is pretty good for an 11 or 12 week old.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-21-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #51
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Cool pics and again congrats!!! I kinda miss those days...

Cherish them, enjoy the journey of parenting. Those are some good lookin kids, and destined to enjoy some Dallas Championships in thier lifetimes!!!

Regarding a teething ring...you could always use a frozen hockey puck :-)
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #52
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful kiddo Flac... Enjoy that age. My girl is about to be 4 and my son 2. I miss it.

Tags
baby daddy, get the fluff out of here, got a bit fluffy in here