Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Portland lost its composure from the top down, and Dallas didn't. The Mavs could have gone into conniption fits on several occasions, too, but they didn't. And I really like that -- it's something that has long been a weakness of this team, and it's the sort of resolve that they have to have to win in hostile environments.
Two words: veteran team.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #42
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In fairness, he did point what I thought was the larger story (at least as far as the officiating went): Portland lost its composure from the top down, and Dallas didn't. The Mavs could have gone into conniption fits on several occasions, too, but they didn't. And I really like that -- it's something that has long been a weakness of this team, and it's the sort of resolve that they have to have to win in hostile environments.
Definitely agree with this. The Mavs, historically, are generally the team that's losing their composure. Very refreshing to not see them lose it last night.

But fwiw, I do think that the officiating was about as bad as you'll ever see it. I thought a couple of the T's Portland picked up were terrible decisions by the refs (especially the one Fernandez got). Beyond that, whether it was the fault of the refs or the crowd, that place had a crazy vibe in the second half last night, and I absolutely think it was a central story line to the game.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #43
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he was making excuses in Portland after the game. I do believe that he was making some excuses for Portland in game which prompted what he wrote later and after the game.. He caught himself and had to backtrack a bit.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing that someone is so freaking scared to post what they think ....so they hide behind a tag.

Regardless, the reason why it appears that he was whining is clear.. Why wouldn't someone think that the guy is making excuses for the Blazers when he goes out of his way not to give credit where credit is due with regards to the HUGE road win for the Mavs..

Last edited by Murphy3; 04-10-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #45
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. If Hollinger thought that was the worst officiating he's ever seen, I have to question how much hoops he has watched. Sure, there were some bad/missed calls, but give me a break.
How quickly could you come up with three games that were officiated worse?

Quote:
2. Why is Hollinger horrified by officiating? Did he mean to say "horrible" instead of "horrifying"? Either his command of the English language is not that impressive or he's easily frightened.
Let me get this straight. You think "horrible" has nothing to do with horror?

Quote:
3. How was the officiating the "main story" of the game?
It's never the main story of the game, because possessions ending in fouls are never more than possessions in general.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #46
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Hollinger's East
1- Orlando
2- Cleveland
3- Hawks
4- Celtics
5- Miami
6- Charlotte
7- Bucks
8- Indiana
-----------
9- Toronto

Hollinger's West

1- Utah
2- San Antonio
3- Phoenix
4- Portland
5- Denver
6- Los Angeles (LAL)
7- Oklahoma City
8- Dallas
-----------
9- Houston

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-10-2010 at 07:44 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #47
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
How quickly could you come up with three games that were officiated worse?
here's four, the 2006 nba finals games 3, 4, 5, and 6. wow, that was hard.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #48
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Hollinger's East
1- Orlando
2- Cleveland
3- Hawks
4- Celtics
5- Miami
6- Charlotte
7- Bucks
8- Indiana
-----------
9- Toronto

Hollinger's West

1- Utah
2- San Antonio
3- Phoenix
4- Portland
5- Denver
7- Los Angeles (LAL)
8- Oklahoma City
-----------
9- Dallas
Who's #6?

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 04-10-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #49
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

fixed. oops
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #50
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

well, Hollinger is sitting pretty now. It's looking like Mavs v. Spurs for the first round, which is the comparison that buttered his bread a couple a years ago. The beautiful thing this year is that the Spurs are way higher in his rankings (2nd v. 13th). So if the Spurs win, he gets to send a big "nyah, nyah!" to all of us who have complained about the Mavs being ranked so low for so long. OTOH, the really super beautiful part of it is that although the Spurs have a score of 106.7, the Mavs have a score of 102.5. So if the Mavs win, he can say that his formulation gives the home team 5 extra points, so that he was actually predicting a Mavs win in the series.

As always, I don't care about the math. Math is math. But it really irks me that he will get to use his statistics to say that his prediction was correct - no matter what the outcome is.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 04-13-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #51
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Hollinger's West[/B]
1- Utah
2- San Antonio
3- Phoenix
4- Portland
5- Denver
6- Los Angeles (LAL)
7- Oklahoma City
8- Dallas
-----------
9- Houston
Golly, I hope the Lakers can beat Phoenix in the first round without home court.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:28 AM   #52
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
well, Hollinger is sitting pretty now. It's looking like Mavs v. Spurs for the first round, which is the comparison that buttered his bread a couple a years ago. The beautiful thing this year is that the Spurs are way higher in his rankings (2nd v. 13th). So if the Spurs win, he gets to send a big "nyah, nyah!" to all of us who have complained about the Mavs being ranked so low for so long. OTOH, the really super beautiful part of it is that although the Spurs have a score of 106.7, the Mavs have a score of 102.5. So if the Mavs win, he can say that his formulation gives the home team 5 extra points, so that he was actually predicting a Mavs win in the series.

As always, I don't care about the math. Math is math. But it really irks me that he will get to use his statistics to say that his prediction was correct - no matter what the outcome is.
He uses 3.5 for home court advantage so as of tonight the Spurs would still be the pick to win the series. Like you said this will be the true test. 3 beating 1 doesn't mean much to me but 13 beating 2 would be hard to rationalize. That's an average team beating an elite team.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:01 AM   #53
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
He uses 3.5 for home court advantage so as of tonight the Spurs would still be the pick to win the series. Like you said this will be the true test. 3 beating 1 doesn't mean much to me but 13 beating 2 would be hard to rationalize. That's an average team beating an elite team.
I'm sure Trollinger will find a secret formula to make it not an upset, because it would ruin his personal karma.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #54
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

if you guys would remember his article from about a month ago, he said he would pick the mavs to beat the spurs in a series, although he also said he would pick every other team including the bobcats and bucks over us
Old 04-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #55
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He uses 3.5 for home court advantage so as of tonight the Spurs would still be the pick to win the series. .
Great! I will be perfectly justified when I egg his house after the Mavs win.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #56
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
if you guys would remember his article from about a month ago, he said he would pick the mavs to beat the spurs in a series, although he also said he would pick every other team including the bobcats and bucks over us
That was before the Spurs rose to #2 in his rankings. I'm pretty sure he'd pick them now.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #57
xrobx
Diamond Member

Quote:
That was before the Spurs rose to #2 in his rankings. I'm pretty sure he'd pick them now.
still doesn't change the fact that he said

Would I take Dallas to beat them in a series?
Yes, especially if it started today. Tony Parker is the one problem matchup for Dallas, and he's out for the next six weeks. Even with Parker, I'd be inclined to take Dallas because the Spurs don't match up well defensively against Dirk Nowitzki, and the Mavs beat San Antonio in five games last year. Dallas also has won two of three meetings this season, making it seven of nine going back to last March.

so he's effectively covered his ass and will use that so no matter what the result is he won't look bad
Old 04-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #58
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

am i missing something ?

Why is Parker out he played against Minnesota and Hill too

*websearch*
Old 04-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #59
xrobx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanFan View Post
am i missing something ?

Why is Parker out he played against Minnesota and Hill too

*websearch*
that post was from about a month or so ago from hollinger back when we were on the win streak
Old 04-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #60
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
still doesn't change the fact that he said

Would I take Dallas to beat them in a series?
Yes, especially if it started today. Tony Parker is the one problem matchup for Dallas, and he's out for the next six weeks. Even with Parker, I'd be inclined to take Dallas because the Spurs don't match up well defensively against Dirk Nowitzki, and the Mavs beat San Antonio in five games last year. Dallas also has won two of three meetings this season, making it seven of nine going back to last March.

so he's effectively covered his ass and will use that so no matter what the result is he won't look bad
At some point over the next couple of days he's going to make a prediction on this and every other series. If she says Spurs in 6 and they lose he's not going to go back and say "but I picked the Mavs a month ago".
Old 04-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #61
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

fyi.

he was the only person to pick the mavs in 5 last year.. using his stats
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #62
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Who gives a dern come to mind when I see this thread

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #63
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin View Post
fyi.

False. He was one of four analysts to pick them in 6. Nobody had them in 5.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009...avericks-spurs
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #64
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

screw Hollinger

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #65
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

screw giving a frack about what other people think of our team.. I'm tired of the bitching about the bitching about the bitching..
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #66
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin View Post
fyi.

His stats also picked Blazers in 6 over the Rockets. Lol.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #67
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
His stats also picked Blazers in 6 over the Rockets. Lol.
I was noticing how your boy Stein came up awfully short--on "eyeballs and brains," as it were--a couple years ago:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ge=Smackdown08

Just one point better than Jalen Rose, to avoid the cellar? Ouch.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:07 AM   #68
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
I was noticing how your boy Stein came up awfully short--on "eyeballs and brains," as it were--a couple years ago:

Hollinger, on the other hand, beat out Kevin Pelton and Henry's mom.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:54 AM   #69
grp05

grp05 is a jewel in the roughgrp05 is a jewel in the roughgrp05 is a jewel in the rough

nm

Last edited by grp05; 04-15-2010 at 01:54 AM.
grp05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:12 AM   #70
LonghornDub

Quote:

Well it's a damn good thing I never said that predominately subjective analysis like Stein's is always right, then. A damn good thing.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:16 AM   #71
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Hollinger, on the other hand, beat out Kevin Pelton and Henry's mom.
And Stein by a damn sight. Even with Stein's "eyes and brains."
Old 04-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #72
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Dallas beats a team ranked 11 spots ahead of them, and their score drops in Hollinger's system
Old 04-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #73
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
And Stein by a damn sight. Even with Stein's "eyes and brains."
I don't know. To me, that has very little to do with whether John Hollinger is a boob.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #74
xrobx
Diamond Member

Quote:
At some point over the next couple of days he's going to make a prediction on this and every other series. If she says Spurs in 6 and they lose he's not going to go back and say "but I picked the Mavs a month ago".
looks like you were right, hollinger picked spurs in 6. i guess so much has changed in the last month like the spurs losses to the nets and grizzlies to change his mind about the mavs beating them in a series.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #75
girlwonder

girlwonder is on a distinguished road

Hollinger has picked the Lakers to beat OKC, yet OKC is a slot above the Lakers in his rankings. Same goes for Boston/Miami, he picked Boston over Miami, yet Miami ranks one slot higher....granted the teams are close in the rankings and he picked both series to go to 7 games, but if his almighty rankings show that one is better than the other, why doesn't he pick that way?
girlwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #76
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
Hollinger has picked the Lakers to beat OKC, yet OKC is a slot above the Lakers in his rankings. Same goes for Boston/Miami, he picked Boston over Miami, yet Miami ranks one slot higher....granted the teams are close in the rankings and he picked both series to go to 7 games, but if his almighty rankings show that one is better than the other, why doesn't he pick that way?
Because Hollinger is a little bitch.

(according to my numbers...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-15-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #77
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

I think your numbers are correct UD...........

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #78
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

This.

But also Hollinger takes home court advantage into account. Keep in mind that his predictions would be quite different if these games were all played on neutral courts.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #79
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
This.

But also Hollinger takes home court advantage into account. Keep in mind that his predictions would be quite different if these games were all played on neutral courts.
I hate that neutral court BS. Theres's no such thing, and never will be such a thing as a neutral court. This isn't football with the Super Bowl. Basketball is a sport of emotion and momentum, and the fans are just as much a part of that as the players, so taking the games to a "neutral court" is not only taking away from the higher seed who earned the right to home court, but it takes away to the game of basketball as a whole. Call em as I see em...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #80
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
screw Hollinger
Finally some common sense.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
john faillinger, john hollinger is gay, neutral court advantage