Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #41
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk should go somewhere else and win a ring.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #42
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I love Dirk to death but as long a Cuban owns the Mavs and Stern is in power the Mavs will never have a title and I'm starting to see that now.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:17 PM   #43
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

dirk wont leave the mavs..as frustrated he is, he knows this is his home. I dont see him opting out, at least. What dallas needs is a replacement for Kidd. 38 years old next year. Cubes needs to find a way to cut salary though, or dallas will be a ship without water.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:49 PM   #44
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

man, i want dirk to stay, he was the reason why i liked the mavs.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #45
dirkadirkastany

dirkadirkastany is infamous around these parts

Dirk is mostly calling Cuban's bluff. Maybe he doesn't feel this team's core is strong enough to win a championship. He wants a number 2. Caron, Terry, nor Kidd can fill the role. i wouldn't mind signing a bosh or possibly Amare if he opts out. Amare is a tough cover for anyone and could be the inside scoring presence the Mavs are looking for.

Personally, Dirk isn't going anywhere. He loves it in Dallas, and wants to finish his career here.
dirkadirkastany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #46
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Dirk will opt out and go elsewhere. But if he does, I think that is the signal to tear it to the ground. You unload everyone else on the team (not named Beaubois) for expirings & picks. With just a few craft moves, this team could be $30MM+ under the cap for the 2011 season.

Send Damp out to somebody looking to save money/clear cap space. Take back expirings, get a first rounder or two, force that other team to take on Carroll as well.

Terry, Kidd, Marion...trade them all for some big fat expirings. Think the Knicks wouldn't trade Curry for Kidd? Maybe the Bucks swap Redd for Terry & Marion? Re-sign Haywood for 3 years, and sure, 2010-2011 is a lottery year--but hey, we own our pick in 2011, and you fill out the roster with young guys & see who sticks. Then we've got $10 million or so in commitments for 2011-2012, meaning we can sign FAs, or take on some good players with bad contracts (along with more draft picks).
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #47
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

What team in their right mind would want Kidd, Marion and his long contract, or Dump?
Old 05-01-2010, 10:59 AM   #48
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
What team in their right mind would want Kidd, Marion and his long contract, or Dump?
Well, as 99% of the people on this board know, Damp's contract means he has HUGE trade value. And let's see, as for Kidd & Marion...you think Mike D'Antoni wouldn't want those two to pair with whatever big name FAs he's able to bring in? They could trade Curry & either Chandler or Rodriguez, have minimal net impact on their cap room, and end up with a seriously D'Antoni-like like up of Kidd, Wade, Gallinari, Marion, Stoudemire, or something along those lines.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #49
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't care to read the other posts in this thread...

BC Dirk as flatly said he isn't going to opt out. He said playing for another team would feel wrong.

This is his city and this is his team for better or worse.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #50
WestWordz

WestWordz is on a distinguished road

Dirk is haunted by too many things in Dallas.......first-round knockouts, an owner with a mouth, a chick trying to play him. Time for another walkabout in the mountains, and time for him to opt out.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #51
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I didn't care to read the other posts in this thread...

BC Dirk as flatly said he isn't going to opt out. He said playing for another team would feel wrong.

This is his city and this is his team for better or worse.
I hope you are right