Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #41
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

I want the Mavs to shut them out on 3 pointers. They came within .5 seconds a couple of years ago.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #42
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Bargnani did not travel with the team on this 3 gamer. The team is pretty athletic, but just a lot of all in, or all out players, if Barbosa's not hitting, there's little else he can do on the floor, same with DeRozan, Weems. Their bigs are tremondously athletic, but lack big time in the IQ department. I see some similarities with Milwaukee, good team up front, good athleticism, but it's the coaching that's the huge difference and should be a cake walk for the Mavs.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #43
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Tuff Juice steps in and grabs all the points left by Dirk on the table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9jgK...re=uploademail

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #44
Eamjr10

Eamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Bargnani did not travel with the team on this 3 gamer. The team is pretty athletic, but just a lot of all in, or all out players, if Barbosa's not hitting, there's little else he can do on the floor, same with DeRozan, Weems. Their bigs are tremondously athletic, but lack big time in the IQ department. I see some similarities with Milwaukee, good team up front, good athleticism, but it's the coaching that's the huge difference and should be a cake walk for the Mavs.
Good for the Mavs, but not so great for my fantasy team this week.
Eamjr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #45
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Bucks an Raptors are nothing alike. Bucks are a fantastic defensive team anchored by the 2nd best center in the NBA, but they're terrible offensively. The Raptors are a bunch of softies with no real center. Decent offensively, bad defensively. We should beat them without Dirk.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #46
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The signs for Brian Cardinal playing tonight look promising according to Carlisle

He just said he feels a lot better.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #47
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5IgyNR2IX0

Sorry if this video has been posted already, but this is a different Maverick team....notice Lex and Haywood laughing it up after TC and boys show no mercy towards Westbrook....Are we officially bad boys now? Whatever it is, I like it! We haven't had this much moxy since NVE...

Last edited by She_Growls; 12-28-2010 at 07:29 PM.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #48
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls View Post

Sorry if this video has been posted already, but this is a different Maverick team....notice Lex and Haywood laughing it up after TC and boys show no mercy to Westbrook....Are we officially bad boys now? Whatever it is, I like it! We haven't this much moxy since NVE...
Hahahaha! D-Steve, Lex and Haywood go down laughing in unison.. Novak is also laughing on the side.

I can see why OKC is pissed. Our guy is jacked and our bench is laughing as one of their guys is hurt... but I like this saltiness.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #49
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls View Post

Sorry if this video has been posted already, but this is a different Maverick team....notice Lex and Haywood laughing it up after TC and boys show no mercy towards Westbrook....Are we officially bad boys now? Whatever it is, I like it! We haven't had this much moxy since NVE...
Jet and Tuff Juice celebrating right on top of him was probably what got Wood and Lex laughing. I was laughing too.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #50
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Calderon and Barbosa are gametime decisions
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #51
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Jet and Tuff Juice celebrating right on top of him was probably what got Wood and Lex laughing. I was laughing too.
Exactly, I have hurt myself laughing; I've watched the video 20 times.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #52
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
So looks like Wood is more than "just working here"
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #53
ComeOnNow

ComeOnNow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The signs for Brian Cardinal playing tonight look promising according to Carlisle

He just said he feels a lot better.
Hooray? I much prefer Mahinmi or Lex getting those backup 4 minutes. Cardinal makes me miss Thomas, Najera and Gooden so much.
ComeOnNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #54
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
Hooray? I much prefer Mahinmi or Lex getting those backup 4 minutes. Cardinal makes me miss Thomas, Najera and Gooden so much.
Lex appears to be the guy who would get the 4 minutes before Ian.

look @Ballinwithbryan in a few minutes for all of my pregame notes
Old 12-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #55
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

They laughed about Chandler, when he made the block and afterwards punched the ball hanging at the basket.

At the OKC Broadcast you could see Haywood laughing and tipping Stevenson on the shoulder right after that but not more, now i saw the whole scene...

Last edited by Kante; 12-28-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:52 PM   #56
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
Cardinal makes me miss Thomas, Najera and Gooden so much.
Cardinal is a baller.

Watch him drop 40 points tonight...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #57
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Links?
Old 12-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #58
BGMaverick9
Guru

Carlisle DID say that Thursday isn't totally ruled out for Dirk's return...so we will see.

He joked that Dirk doesn't care about his knee injury. Despite being able to share knee issue stories...Dirk isn't worried about Carlisle
Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #59
She_Growls
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
Links?
http://www.firstrow.net/watch/43147/...o-raptors.html
Old 12-28-2010, 08:11 PM   #60
Eamjr10

Eamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really nice

Ready for Tip-Off! Let's Go Mavs, I'm looking for a strong start, let's get the Raptors back on their heels early and often.

Total Domination tonight
Old 12-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #61
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs definitely need to come out and strong and jump on them early. And if they can get a comfortable lead, it will take a lot of pressure off the guys. Yeah, they beat the Thunder on the road without Dirk. But those type of things are sometimes "rally" type games. Focus is needed tonight, but it is easier to play when you jump out.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #62
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Mavs definitely need to come out and strong and jump on them early. And if they can get a comfortable lead, it will take a lot of pressure off the guys. Yeah, they beat the Thunder on the road without Dirk. But those type of things are sometimes "rally" type games. Focus is needed tonight, but it is easier to play when you jump out.
RC said based on the record, the team understands the importance of every game so he'll be surprised if the team falls in to the "trap game"
Old 12-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #63
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
RC said based on the record, the team understands the importance of every game so he'll be surprised if the team falls in to the "trap game".
But it happens. The Bucks being a prime example. Now way should the Mavs have lost that game.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #64
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the Mavs sweep Florida if they beat the Bucks, so I'm cool with it now.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #65
Bayliss

I'll trade that too Longhorn. But with the Spurs playing LA tonight. The Mavs have a chance to move past the Spurs on Thursday night if they take care of business tonight.

(That is probably their motivation tonight and why they may not lose focus.)
Old 12-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #66
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
But it happens. The Bucks being a prime example. Now way should the Mavs have lost that game.
I wouldn't say the Bucks are scrubs, I would say Toronto (based on their injuries) are closer to scrubs.

Milwaukee beat the Lakers, came back from a huge deficit against the Spurs and barely lost at the buzzer to them.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #67
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Keys to the game: Tenacious attitude.

Really? C'mon.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #68
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Calderon is out, Barbosa will play.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #69
Kante
Diamond Member

Great, Raptors Announcers on ILP, WTF?
Old 12-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #70
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

No love with the feed.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #71
Kante
Diamond Member

Everytime i see the Mavs i see them smiling and laughing... Nice to see!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #73
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs announcers (don't mind the Spanish commercials): http://www.firstrow.net/watch/43147/...o-raptors.html

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.

Last edited by Skywalker; 12-28-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #74
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

WIN!

Thank you, guys.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #75
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Go Mavs!
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #76
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding Dirk in a suit... hate that he's not in a Mavs uniform obviously, but shoot, that's hot...
Old 12-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #77
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk looking good (as always)

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #78
Eamjr10

come on Kidd, thats 2 turnovers
Old 12-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #79
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Offense looking ugly so far.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #80
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Love Marion's energy.