Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #41
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

CP3 is ahead of Dirk by one one-hundredth of a point (9.68 to 9.67). And two voters inexplicably ranked Dirk 8th. So there you go.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #42
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Chris Paul was #4 with a 9.68 compared to Dirk's 9.67, which is equivalent to one voter rating Paul one point higher than Dirk.

Last edited by OSUmavsfan; 10-18-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: I see LonghornDub beat me to this
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #43
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

at this point, i'm just hoping they put wade over lebron for trolling purposes
Old 10-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #44
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
And two voters inexplicably ranked Dirk 8th.
how do you know?
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #45
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsin View Post
how do you know?
ESPN's NBA editor tweeted it.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #46
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Way too low. Good thing ESPN rankings don't mean jack.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #47
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
CP3 is ahead of Dirk by one one-hundredth of a point (9.68 to 9.67). And two voters inexplicably ranked Dirk 8th. So there you go.
I'm pretty sure one of them was the Thunder blogger that was bitching about Dirk being rated higher than Durant. He made the idiotic comment that prior to winning the championship Dirk was a borderline top 10 player. I was going to post the article last night but I didn't want to piss everybody off.

Chad Ford said in yesterday's 5 on 5 that 30 GM's would take Durant over Dirk, even if you take age out of the equation. He could be the other 8.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #48
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

SCOREBOARD
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #49
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

5. Dirk Nowitzki at No. 5: Too high, too low or just right?

Henry Abbott, ESPN.com: I'd have said too high another time, but this year just right. In addition to an essentially perfect title run, he deserves Nobel consideration for being the epicenter of a team that celebrated each other's successes despite volatile personalities at nearly every position, from owner to point guard.

J.A. Adande, ESPN.com: Too low. When last we heard from the NBA, Dirk beat Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in the playoffs. And he did it without another All-Star by his side. He might be even better now with the confidence boost players get once they grab the trophy,

Mark Haubner, TrueHoop Network: Too low. I'd have Dirk at 4 after the charmed 2011 playoff run. Nowitzki illustrates how particularly challenging these rankings are at present. He's unquestionably the reigning king of basketball, but I can't say that I'd call him "the best." Still, it's a wonder he's this high at 33. With his unprecedented combo of size and shotmaking, Dirk's game has aged beautifully.

[b]John Hollinger/[b], ESPN.com: Too low. The hairs we're splitting among spots 4-8 are pretty thin ones. Look at their recent bodies of work, and it's hard to choose ... except that only one of the five crushed all comers in the playoffs this past season. Advantage, Dirk.

Marc Stein, ESPN.com: Too low. Way too low. This is a joke, right? After everything we just saw from Nowitzki in the playoffs, powering a one-star construction to the title Hakeem Olajuwon-style with the most unstoppable single shot (that inimitable one-legged J) since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's skyhook, we're ranking him fifth? Maybe this is the only season we can ever say so, but Dirk deserves to start it -- if it ever starts -- at the very top.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #50
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

80% of the espn sportswriters get it right. Stein is WAY right on this one as well as Hollinger, Adande...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #51
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I'm pretty sure one of them was the Thunder blogger that was bitching about Dirk being rated higher than Durant. He made the idiotic comment that prior to winning the championship Dirk was a borderline top 10 player. I was going to post the article last night but I didn't want to piss everybody off.

Chad Ford said in yesterday's 5 on 5 that 30 GM's would take Durant over Dirk, even if you take age out of the equation. He could be the other 8.
I knew Chad Ford was an idiot...but seriously? If you take age out of the equation? Dirk just BEAT Durant. Dirk at 33 was better than KD last year. And it pisses me off that he spouts off a straight lie like that. I'd bet my life that 30 out of 30 GMs would not take KD over Dirk if you remove age. I'd wager a hefty sum the majority would take Dirk.

*That comment is especially humorous considering Donnie Nelson is one of those 30 GMs...

Last edited by CadBane; 10-18-2011 at 03:42 PM.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #52
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I knew Chad Ford was an idiot...but seriously? If you take age out of the equation? Dirk just BEAT Durant. Dirk at 33 was better than KD last year. And it pisses me off that he spouts off a straight lie like that. I'd bet my life that 30 out of 30 GMs would not take KD over Dirk if you remove age. I'd wager a hefty sum the majority would take Dirk.

*That comment is especially humorous considering Donnie Nelson is one of those 30 GMs...
Yeah, don't quite understand what Ford was thinking there. The choice between the two is fairly easy if you factor age in, and it's fairly easy the other direction if you don't.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #53
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Chad Ford is awful. Always has been.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #54
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

It would be hard to complain if Dirk was 4th. As much as I dont like LBJ and Wade..arguments can be made for them Howard, Durant, Dirk for the #1 spot. BUT to have CP3???? ahead of Dirk...Idc by how much... is just crazy.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #55
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #56
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
It would be hard to complain if Dirk was 4th. As much as I dont like LBJ and Wade..arguments can be made for them Howard, Durant, Dirk for the #1 spot. BUT to have CP3???? ahead of Dirk...Idc by how much... is just crazy.
Dirk = beat Lakers in 4
Paul = lost to Lakers in 6

Oh, okay...

Old 10-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #57
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I think this article clearly illustrates why Dirk and the Mavs often don't get their due credit...

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/ar...hate-da,20822/

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #58
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Want some chad ford ? LOL

Quote:
Chad Ford, ESPN.com: Too low. If Derrick Rose were 6-foot-8 instead of 6-3 he'd be LeBron James. He's unstoppable going to the basket and his point guard skills are improving. In two more years, he could rival LeBron at the top of this list.
Can a basketball journalist be more stupid ?

How does he know a 6-foot-8 Derrick Rose would have still the same quickness and ball handling ? lol.

It is like saying, A 300lb Dirk would be as good as Shaq and he would still have his 3pt shot and one legged fadeaways...

Last edited by markus1234; 10-18-2011 at 07:55 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #59
LonghornDub

I love that Chad Ford thinks, "If Derrick Rose had a totally different body, he'd be even better" is somehow a criterium worth consideration in these rankings.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 10-18-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #60
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

If Derrick Rose were 7-foot-3 instead of 6-3 he'd be the best player on planet.

If Chad Ford had a brain...

Last edited by markus1234; 10-18-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #61
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Want some chad ford ? LOL

Can a basketball journalist be more stupid ?

How does he know a 6-foot-8 Derrick Rose would have still the same quickness and ball handling ? lol.

It is like saying, A 300lb Dirk would be as good as Shaq and he would still have his 3pt shot and one legged fadeaways...
It took me a minute to understand this one at first, but what I think Ford was trying to say is that if Rose were 6'8" he'd be compared to LeBron. At 6'3", he isn't, even though he's very close to being the same player. He's not saying Rose actually needs to be 6'8", it's just pointing out how they are compared differently because they have different body types, even though he sees their games as being very similar.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #62
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
It took me a minute to understand this one at first, but what I think Ford was trying to say is that if Rose were 6'8" he'd be compared to LeBron. At 6'3", he isn't, even though he's very close to being the same player. He's not saying Rose actually needs to be 6'8", it's just pointing out how they are compared differently because they have different body types, even though he sees their games as being very similar.
Rose is not LBJ and not even close.

LBJ is LBJ because he has a Rose game + PF body = special

Rose has a Rose game + PG body = nothing special

-------

And if theoretically Rose were 6-8 over night then he would be probably a Curon Butler type of player. H'd become slower and less skilled.

One can compare it to boxing.

Last edited by markus1234; 10-18-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #63
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

I think the reason Dirk only got 5th was because of that rumor floating around about Dirk doing cocaine
Old 10-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #64
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the only ranking that matters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9lg6HqJeY0

And this trumps any kind of stupid ranking that is made
Old 10-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #65
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Tyson Chandler on twitter:

"Somebody please explain how @swish41 is ranked 5th in the N.B.A after last year? Name 1 player that played better? & don't worry I got time."

That sounds like someone who wants to keep playing with Dirk.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #66
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
But the context of the statement was, "[Derrick Rose at #8 is] too low." Even if he meant Rose could be "compared to" LeBron if he were bigger (which is debatable, Ford was still using that to support this notion that Rose should be ranked higher. That's what doesn't make any sense. He's effectively saying, "Rose should be ranked higher than #8 because if he were a completely different-sized player, he'd be higher than #8." Okay? Thanks, Chad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
I think the reason Dirk only got 5th was because of that rumor floating around about Dirk doing cocaine
I laughed.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:18 AM   #67
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I love that Chad Ford thinks, "If Derrick Rose had a totally different body, he'd be even better" is somehow a criterium worth consideration in these rankings.
That's a skewed reading of his comments. I think he meant something more like: "Hey, we know that Lebron is the best player on the globe. But this Rose kid? He's just as good, only you don't realize it because he's not a 6'8" guy."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:14 AM   #68
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
But this Rose kid? He's just as good, only you don't realize it because he's not a 6'8" guy."
...which is exactly what I'm saying doesn't make any sense. He's just as good...except for the fact that he isn't, because he's not as big. Okay.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:36 AM   #69
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
That's a skewed reading of his comments. I think he meant something more like: "Hey, we know that Lebron is the best player on the globe. But this Rose kid? He's just as good, only you don't realize it because he's not a 6'8" guy."
Horsecrap from Chad Ford.

If you're the best at what you do, you will
show it and it will be known, size or not.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:54 AM   #70
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares? Talk to the ring.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:54 AM   #71
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

As if Dirk can see the list from the glare from his ring.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:55 AM   #72
Bayliss

Chad Ford would take Skita over Dirk.... hell he would take Darko over Dirk.

Was Chad Ford Detroit's GM?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:55 AM   #73
Bayliss

Yeah I'm statpadding during the lockout... get over it.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #74
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Who cares? Talk to the ring.
This.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #75
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
If you're the best at what you do, you will
show it and it will be known, size or not.
that's what she said...

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 10-19-2011 at 03:13 PM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #76
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

"Chris Palmer, ESPN The Magazine: At 33, Dirk Nowitzki is at his peak as a basketball player -- it's all downhill from here. Our impression of him will change drastically when he doesn't win a championship and he will drop like a stone from his No. 5 spot. Dirk's game, while not based on athleticism, is the type that will drop off considerably in the next two years. Outside chance he'll be in the top 10 this time next year and only a prayer will keep him in the top 20 two years from now."

What. An. Idiot.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 10-19-2011 at 03:37 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #77
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
"Chris Palmer, ESPN The Magazine: At 33, Dirk Nowitzki is at his peak as a basketball player -- it's all downhill from here. Our impression of him will change drastically when he doesn't win a championship and he will drop like a stone from his No. 5 spot. Dirk's game, while not based on athleticism, is the type that will drop off considerably in the next two years. Outside chance he'll be in the top 10 this time next year and only a prayer will keep him in the top 20 two years from now."

What. An. Idiot.
That's the same guy that rated Blake Griffin as the best PF in the league. He's an automatic tune out for me.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #78
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is not even worthy to throw a pitch

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/...h-world-series
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #79
klacc

klacc is on a distinguished road

I can't believe that Dirk was rated so low. I mean Chris Paul definitely shouldn't be ahead of him. What did he do to get so much praise?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #80
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post

What. An. Idiot.
Calm down. With 35 people start to shrink significantly (Dirk will probably end up being 6-5 tall at age 35) and also forget how to shoot. I guess you didnt know that.

Last edited by sefant77; 10-19-2011 at 06:10 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote