Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #41
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
There was no indication at all we were going to bring Chandler back here. We've been working on clearing cap space for for a few years now for next years free agency class.
The are various reports that point to the Mavs offering him a one year, 20 million dollar contract. That's about it.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Jet knows the team is getting blown up, heck it already has. He knows he is getting fired. You cannot compare chandler, jjb to jet unless there were reports that cubes was going to fire them at the end of the year.

They fully believed that cubes would resign them..jet knows he is getting fired.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
He made millions in DAL
He had ONE good playoff run in DAL
He choked in the 2006 finals game 6.
He choked in 2005 (foul on Nash)
He is pretty much a Dirk product (look at his ATL FG%)
He is past his prime
He is nothing special (undersized jumpshooting tweener) We can replace him easily (who knows, maybe even with Roddy).

to make it short....bye, bye JET.
Terrible post. Jet has won hundreds of games for us. Turrible revisionist history.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #44
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

If we can't sign Deron Williams this offseason, thus no major overhaul of the roster, there's no need to walk Terry. We'd be losing chemistry and depth if we do. I wouldn't offer anything more than 5 mil for a 15 ppg scorer off the bench that's clearly reaching his decline.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #45
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The are various reports that point to the Mavs offering him a one year, 20 million dollar contract. That's about it.
Yea you are right but let's be honest here. He's 29-30 years old. This is his last big contract of his career and he has had a history of injury problems. He was not signing a one year deal for 20 million. It would've been stupid and he didn't even entertain that.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #46
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Jet knows the team is getting blown up, heck it already has. He knows he is getting fired. You cannot compare chandler, jjb to jet unless there were reports that cubes was going to fire them at the end of the year.

They fully believed that cubes would resign them..jet knows he is getting fired.
How could a guy whose contract is up be "fired"? I don't think you understand how contracts work...

Also, I see no reason why Cuban wouldn't offer JET another contract - it might not be as much money as Terry wants, but the desire to bring him back will definitely be there.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-15-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #47
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

Terry isn't getting fired though he's simply not being re-signed. If Terry would sign a 1 million a year deal here for 1 year would the Mavs not sign him for that?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #48
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yea you are right but let's be honest here. He's 29-30 years old. This is his last big contract of his career and he has had a history of injury problems. He was not signing a one year deal for 20 million. It would've been stupid and he didn't even entertain that.
I'm not getting into the second point. All I was doing was clarifying the point that was in question.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #49
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
There was no indication at all we were going to bring Chandler back here. We've been working on clearing cap space for for a few years now for next years free agency class.
You thought we would blow up the world champs? I sure didn't.

Last edited by dude1394; 03-15-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #50
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You thought we would blow up the world champs? I sure didn't.
Then you weren't paying attention to the lengths of our player's contracts, the new CBA or the free agents becoming available.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-15-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #51
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I thought that contract was an insult.

Last edited by dude1394; 03-15-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #52
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I love me some jet for what he did for our championship run and all that, but I don't see him having a place here. NExt season. Either we land some FAs and are competitive and can't afford him or we don't and aren't competitive and terry is a luxury guy to have around. Someone said it about josh smith, but it's as true with smith as it is with terry. You can't build around a guy like that, but he can be a nice. It overpaid luxury for a team that is close to pushing into later rounds of the playoffs.

That said, terry has to be classier. The FO isnt coming out with news. Terry is right to feel pushed out but it's the game. Saying bone headed things mid season isn't going to help anyone.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #53
Underdog

Quote:
I thought that contract was an insult.
That would have made him the 5th-highest player in the league this season...

Old 03-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #54
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
How could a guy whose contract is up be "fired"? I don't think you understand how contracts work...

Also, I see no reason why Cuban wouldn't offer JET another contract - it might not be as much money as Terry wants, but the desire to bring him back will definitely be there.
Semantics. Of course I know how contracts work. Let's call it a reduction in force. Management is letting a still productive employee go so they can hire a less productive cheaper employee.

Let's called it laid off instead if you want. He's being cut, fired,terminated, released, given the ax, shoved out the door. Told to go find another job.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #55
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
That would have made him the 5th-highest player in the league this season...
And only a moron would have signed it, cubes wouldn't for example.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #56
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Then you weren't paying attention to the lengths of our player's contracts, the new CBA or the free agents becoming available.
Guess not, nor did anyone else know the cba rules.

I knew that we had structured contracts ( except dirk, brendon, Shawn ) to all expire this year. But silly me I thought it was to gain flexibility, especially of we were not successful. I was wrong we wanted "joe caps pace" over a title chance.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #57
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I love me some jet for what he did for our championship run and all that, but I don't see him having a place here. NExt season. Either we land some FAs and are competitive and can't afford him or we don't and aren't competitive and terry is a luxury guy to have around. Someone said it about josh smith, but it's as true with smith as it is with terry. You can't build around a guy like that, but he can be a nice. It overpaid luxury for a team that is close to pushing into later rounds of the playoffs.

That said, terry has to be classier. The FO isnt coming out with news. Terry is right to feel pushed out but it's the game. Saying bone headed things mid season isn't going to help anyone.
Letting your teammates know that you're in it for yourself instead of the team kinda isn't the right way to go about things...especially when the team is struggling.. especially when you've been part of the problem this year.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #58
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Tired of all these "the offer was an insult" comments. If any of those guys wanted to stay for one more year they would have been paid very well in an attempt to repeat. Business sense aside, lucrative deals were on the table to keep the team in place.

The only insult is that people confuse personal with long-term planning and insulting with CBA limitations. It was debated ad nauseum in earlier threads and I really don't feel like digging up old scars every time something negative happens.

It's the Nash debacle all over on this board. Any discussion can't go on for more than 20 posts without being sidetracked back to it. It doesn't help any mavs fan to dwell on it and it sure doesn't make this painful season any less painful.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-15-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #59
Underdog

Quote:
Guess not, nor did anyone else know the cba rules.

I knew that we had structured contracts ( except dirk, brendon, Shawn ) to all expire this year. But silly me I thought it was to gain flexibility, especially of we were not successful. I was wrong we wanted "joe caps pace" over a title chance.
You don't throw away your chance to land Deron and/or Dwight (or any other free agents over the next 4 years) just so you can try to defend your title in this ridiculously messy lockout-shortened season.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #60
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
And only a moron would have signed it, cubes wouldn't for example.
Michael Jordan's last two years with the Bulls were one year contracts. I don't think he was a moron.

Quote:
In the end, Jordan signed a one-year $30 million contract with the Bulls, and then in 1997-98, a one-year $33 million deal for his final Bulls contract.
Chandler was just coming off a 60-80M dollar contract, so short-term money wasn't the issue. He could have taken the 20M made another run and still had an offer of 4yr/50M this year because there are no Bigs in this years free agent class.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #61
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

KIDD said the SAME THING...Good God...these guys are just giving their honest opinion about what they thing could happen to them at the end of the year.

This does not mean theyr giving up on the Mavs....ITS A SIMPLE AS THAT
Old 03-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #62
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Their honesty shows a little bit about who they are and where their mindset is.. I like when a player is honest because it gives us a glimpse about who they are.. Sometimes you like what you hear and sometimes you don't. Terry, thank you for showing that you're putting yourself ahead of the team.

Kidd, you've got so little left that it's hard to tell.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #63
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Their honesty shows a little bit about who they are and where their mindset is.. I like when a player is honest because it gives us a glimpse about who they are.. Sometimes you like what you hear and sometimes you don't. Terry, thank you for showing that you're putting yourself ahead of the team.

Kidd, you've got so little left that it's hard to tell.
Kidd's comment from yesterday about auditioning was made in jest. He said it with a sarcastic tone. He could relate with the situation though because there are a lot of outside factors you have to think about when your contract is coming to an end.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #64
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Michael Jordan's last two years with the Bulls were one year contracts. I don't think he was a moron.

Chandler was just coming off a 60-80M dollar contract, so short-term money wasn't the issue. He could have taken the 20M made another run and still had an offer of 4yr/50M this year because there are no Bigs in this years free agent class.
Jordan was a meg-gazillionaire. If he never played another game he would make more than the 20million Tyson was offered. Jordan also never had injury issues like chandler, I know that's one of the reasons the Mavs wouldnt sign him.

Only a moron would have signed that deal if they were in chandlers shoes.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #65
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

Also with his stewardship of the bobcats there is indication that he is.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #66
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
You don't throw away your chance to land Deron and/or Dwight (or any other free agents over the next 4 years) just so you can try to defend your title in this ridiculously messy lockout-shortened season.
I guess.. I always thought cubes sorta had a lock on those guys. Until Just this hour when Dwight decided to resign, his dream was screwed and he was left with dirk and....odom.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #67
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

There could not be a more non-applicable comparison than Michael Damn Jordan and his last two years with the Bulls.

He, Pippen and Phil Jackson were all in lockstep on that (and Rodman to some degree). It was well known that if MJ had signed a multi-year deal, Jerry Krause would've traded Pippen in a heartbeat.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #68
Erod

Erod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Except Dwight's recent move makes Deron signing here all the more likely...

Your post is blowing up in your face. Now what?
Deron Williams isn't a game changer. Nice player, nothing more.

Constantly bickering with Jerry Sloan; it's rumored that Williams was the reason Sloan retired.
Erod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #69
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
Deron Williams isn't a game changer. Nice player, nothing more.

Constantly bickering with Jerry Sloan; it's rumored that Williams was the reason Sloan retired.
Sloan was fired.

And Deron Williams is a top-3 point guard in this league - if that's not a game-changer, then the game can't be changed.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-15-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #70
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Sloan was fired.

And Deron Williams is a top-3 point guard in this league - if that's not a game-changer, then the game can't be changed.
Absolutely...
Old 03-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #71
Erod

Erod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Sloan was fired.

Meanwhile, we could have made another run at it with Chandler and Barea. Instead, we coddle Lamar and hug the eighth seed at tight as we can, while Dwight Howard (who was never coming here) evaporates into thin air.
Erod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #72
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Meanwhile, we could have made another run at it with Chandler and Barea. Instead, we coddle Lamar and hug the eighth seed at tight as we can, while Dwight Howard (who was never coming here) evaporates into thin air.
Come on man.. We got "Johnny cap space!"
Old 03-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #73
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Just keep stroking that clever phrase, guys.

Johnny cap space.

I'll be waiting elsewhere while you do with faith that this will work out
Old 03-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #74
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Just keep stroking that clever phrase, guys.

Johnny cap space.

I'll be waiting elsewhere while you do with faith that this will work out
Okay...will do. You can continue to say that this will work out. It's easy, sooner or later it will.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #75
Underdog

Quote:
Come on man.. We got "Johnny cap space!"
If "Johnny Cap Space" lands us Deron Williams, then I'll let you choose whichever sauce you want with your crow...

Old 03-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #76
Underdog

Quote:
You don't understand anything about how contracts in this league work and I'm not going to take the time to educate you...

This joke of an NBA season aside, the Mavs are in a great position right now.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-15-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #77
JET41

JET41 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Terry is 100% committed to the Mavs and is ready to sign an extension. He's obviously hurt and frustrated over the treatment he has received from the mavs. And rightfully so. He's been the number 2 guy to Dirk in two finals appearances and won one.

If anything you should start a thread about how poorly players are dealt with by the Mavs/Cuban. Starting with Nash and now Chandler, Barea, Terry, Kidd, etc..
I applaud ^^^this post!
People need to stop making a huge deal about everything Jason Terry does on and off the court. It's like these days he can't say anything out of frustrating and if he has one bad game, people suddenly wants him traded which is mind boggling to me.

We all know how much Terry is committed to the Mavericks, he just want a extension and he's not receiving that so of course he's upset and rightfully so.

That would be a better thread to start....
I'm more upset that Cuban gave up like his whole championship team more than I am over Terry's comments out of frustration.
I just hope Cuban giving away his Championship team is for good reasoning...I hope he get someone who'll make a difference this Summer during off-season.

Last edited by JET41; 03-15-2012 at 12:17 PM.
JET41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #78
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
If "Johnny Cap Space" lands us Deron Williams, then I'll let you choose whichever sauce you want with your crow...
Okay please educate me how we couldn't have gotten deron and kept chandler?
Old 03-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #79
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET41 View Post
I applaud ^^^this post!
People need to stop making a huge deal about everything Jason Terry does on and off the court. It's like these days he can't say anything out of frustrating and if he has one bad game, people suddenly wants him traded which is mind boggling to me.

We all know how much Terry is committed to the Mavericks, he just want a extension and he's not receiving that so of course he's upset and rightfully so.

That would be a better thread to start....
I'm more upset that Cuban gave up like his whole championship team more than I am over Terry's comments out of frustration.
Preach on jet!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #80
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Terrible post. Jet has won hundreds of games for us. Turrible revisionist history.
Do not get me wrong, i love Jet. He is my 2nd fav. MAVS player since the Nash/Fin/NVE era. Jet played his butt off for the MAVS and his number should be retired IMO.

BUT STILL, Jet's expectations are too high now. 35+yo Jet is an 8th man and should be paid like this...

Jet is becoming a low % volume shooter with zero defense, zero rebounding and zero attacking the rim ability. ...find Jet http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...hooting-guards

Last edited by markus1234; 03-15-2012 at 12:57 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
distant fart in the wind