Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Will the Mavs sign Deron Williams
Yes, the Mavs will sign Deron Williams 62 53.45%
No, they will not 54 46.55%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #41
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Yes. I don't see why he would stay in Brooklyn.. the Nets are a bad team and will continue to be a bad team. They've got one promising young player in Brooks, but Deron himself has said he doesn't want to stay around for a rebuilding process.

Dallas isn't that great of a city.. it's a few tiers below NYC, but then again all American cities are save SF and Chicago, but it's home and he's an old man with a wife and kids. Plus, we've got people a team that would be a top 4 seed with Deron + Dirk.
wtf?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #42
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The SN poll has 108,000 votes and ONLY NJ thinks Deron is staying. Is the whole country wrong?
No, the whole country knows what he SHOULD do... Whether or not he does it is a different story.

When it comes to "winning now," Dirk is way better than anything the Nets have going for them. When it comes to "winning later," the Mavs are already clearing cap space for the future, no different than the Nets - we're not saddled down with any bad contracts that can't be waived and our "old age" is quickly disappearing, one expired contract at a time...

We have a front office who was able to flip Stackhouse for Marion, Dampier for Chandler and Howard/Gooden/Ross/Singleton for Butler/Haywood/Stevenson, and go on to win a ring with that crew... The Nets recently flipped what would have been a #6 pick in a deep draft, along with Mehmet Okur and Shawne Williams, for an expiring/declining Gerald Wallace... Of course, this is coming from a team that traded Favors/Harris/two first rounders for Deron Williams WITHOUT getting him to agree to a contract extension...In Soviet Russia, players play you!

This seems like a no-brainer from where I'm sitting (although, I'm sitting in a room full of Mavs swag, so maybe I'm a tad biased...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #43
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
But if you put a gun to my head, I say he stays.
NOOOOOO.

Moving to Alaska. Been real, guys.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #44
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

yes,of course!!!
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #45
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I think he's coming to Dallas and the decision was made longggg ago...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #46
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Alex Kennedy just tweeted that although Deron hadn't made a final decision, his "sources" say he is leaning towards re-signing with the Nets.

Blah blah blah blah. I'd link it but I'm on my cellular device.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 06-29-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:47 AM   #47
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Alex Kennedy just tweeted that although Deron hadn't made a final decision, his "sources" say he is leaning towards re-signing with the Nets.

Blah blah blah blah. I'd link it but I'm on my cellular device.
This is all BS that has trickled down because he had a birthday. Free agency hasn't even started yet, so I doubt Deron is telling people anything. Plus, the only team he can talk to is the Nets; meaning anything that any "source" receives (if they actually receive it) will come from only the Nets organization.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #48
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

we have to sign Wiliams if not this team will done

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #49
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Rashard Lewis

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #50
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by grbh View Post
Rashard Lewis
I don't think so

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #51
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

If Deron does sign with us, I would love to see some quotes from the Nets owner. MMA fight?
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #52
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Dang so many people that voted that almost never post!

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #53
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

It's sounding more and more like Deron and Jason are going to be in Brooklyn
Old 06-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #54
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by He15man View Post
It's sounding more and more like Deron and Jason are going to be in Brooklyn
I think it's sounding less and less like that, though still obviously a legitimate possibility.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #55
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Dang so many people that voted that almost never post!
how can I see who voted?

nvm, figured it out

Last edited by NoTnERb; 06-30-2012 at 03:28 PM.
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #56
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Its simple.

If Deron wants more money. Brooklyn.
If Deron wants to win games. Dallas.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #57
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

If DWill comes to Dallas, he knows he's in the playoffs with battle tested teammates including a finals MVP. If he stays in NJ, he has no guarantee of seeing the playoffs, ever. I think a guy like him just gets tired of losing, and he has seen in Dirk's career that Cuban will continue to build around him to give him the best chance to win every year. He'll play to packed arenas at home and on the road, with ready made rivalries with the Spurs, Lakers and OKC. He knows that every year, Cuban will puta team on the court with a chance to go all the way. And he knows his kids will get to hang out with grandma every weekend. For a guy who's life will be on the road, having a chance to have his kids around family when he's gone has to count for something.

I' ve convinced myself.... now if I only had DWill's phone number...
Old 06-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #58
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Breaking news.....Rick Carlisle voted no!!!!
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #59
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Freaking Monday come here already so we can end this nerve wrecking speculation!

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #60
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd's comments about how Cuban will add one or two studs to the team, and his willingness to play another year here on the cheap, and the joint decision by Kidd and DWill, really gives me hope.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #61
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Why would he want to stay and battle Miami in the east just to make it to the finals? ...if he wants to win. Even with Douchebag Howard thats a tall task.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #62
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

It's a tall task in the west with OKC as well. Remember, no one in their core 4 is over 23 years old.

Contact Me
Old 07-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #63
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
It's a tall task in the west with OKC as well. Remember, no one in their core 4 is over 23 years old.
Harden and Ibaka are expiring, can't keep both i assume.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #64
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
They don't have to worry about that for another year - plenty of time to figure it out...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-01-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #65
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
They don't have to worry about that for another year - plenty of time to figure it out...
Right, just wanted to point that out. Not that it means something as they will be as good as they were last year or better...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #66
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Although I agree with you, KD seems like the Dirk type (restructuring contract to make less money to keep talent there) and a Perkins amnesty should clear a lot of space. Remember, they also have Maynor who I think will eventually be their closing PG moving RW to the 2, JH to the 3, KD to the 4, and SI to the 5. Small ball is here to stay folks.

Contact Me
Old 07-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #67
Underdog

Quote:
Although I agree with you, KD seems like the Dirk type (restructuring contract to make less money to keep talent there) and a Perkins amnesty should clear a lot of space. Remember, they also have Maynor who I think will eventually be their closing PG moving RW to the 2, JH to the 3, KD to the 4, and SI to the 5. Small ball is here to stay folks.
Not to mention that they might actually strike gold with PJ3...

Old 07-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #68
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Durant can't restructure his deal, even if they amnesty perkins they are easily in the luxary tax.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #69
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Not to mention that they might actually strike gold with PJ3...
Good God, don't remind me.

Contact Me
Old 07-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #70
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Durant can't restructure his deal, even if they amnesty perkins they are easily in the luxary tax.
True. A great problem to have though. You must admit that.

Contact Me
Old 07-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #71
Underdog

Quote:
D-Will to meet Mavs first
MARC STEIN

The Dallas Mavericks will get the first face-to-face sitdown Monday afternoon with Deron Williams, this summer's marquee free agent, according to sources familiar with Williams' plans.

The incumbent Brooklyn Nets are then scheduled to meet with Williams on Monday evening to recap a pitch they've been making to their All-Star guard for weeks.

The Nets can offer Williams a five-year deal worth nearly $100 million. The Mavericks can only counter with a four-year deal in the $75 million range but will try to sell Williams on the appeal of not only playing for his hometown team but teaming with the proven championship combo of star forward Dirk Nowitzki and coach Rick Carlisle.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Nowitzki -- who has maintained a friendship with Williams over the past few seasons -- and Mavs owner Mark Cuban have been making their recruiting pitches to Williams by phone since free agency began Sunday at 12:01 a.m.

Yet with Nowitzki traveling abroad this week and Cuban in Los Angeles working on his "Shark Tank" television show, sources say that Dallas will be represented in Monday's sitdown with Williams by president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson, coach Rick Carlisle and former Mavericks franchise player Michael Finley, who is making the trip in an unofficial ambassadorial role.

In reality, though, Dallas' lead recruiter in the quest to sign Williams is Mavericks point guard Jason Kidd, who has spent the bulk of the week in close proximity to Williams in the Hamptons on a golf vacation.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reported Sunday that Williams remains "torn" by the difficult decision, but the 28-year-old remains on course to choose his destination by Independence Day so he can report to Team USA training camp in Las Vegas on July 5.

The Nets' meeting with Williams will following a morning sitdown with free agent point guard Steve Nash, according to sources close to the process.

The Nets have interest in Nash both as a prime replacement for Williams should they lose Williams to Dallas but also a potential backcourt mate for Williams.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...-brooklyn-nets

Old 07-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #72
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Man, Kidd is definitely in our pocket. That is why NJN is reacting so strongly in FA (although to be fair, they have the cap and need to make many moves).

I feel like all the momentum is on our side but at the end of the day, only Deron knows what's truly important.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #73
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Remember about 3-5 days ago when people thought the sky was falling?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #74
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing's really changed news wise save maybe some free agent rumors and Wallace resigning. People are just being emotional.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #75
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

I have my radio on The Ticket, my phone is constantly being checked (DB, D-M, Twitter etc), and I come home and check the laptop every night. I never push myself to check news, or politics, or even weather, not even Cowboys off season or keeping up with the Rangers. I must be a horrible person, but I just want the absolute is all...
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #76
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
I have my radio on The Ticket, my phone is constantly being checked (DB, D-M, Twitter etc), and I come home and check the laptop every night. I never push myself to check news, or politics, or even weather, not even Cowboys off season or keeping up with the Rangers. I must be a horrible person, but I just want the absolute is all...
One problem I can see right off is that you aren't tuned in to Cowboys updates. You should find a way to fix that really quick.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #77
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
One problem I can see right off is that you aren't tuned in to Cowboys updates. You should find a way to fix that really quick.
Yep. The Rangers are something to follow right now as well.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #78
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Man, Kidd is definitely in our pocket. That is why NJN is reacting so strongly in FA (although to be fair, they have the cap and need to make many moves).

I feel like all the momentum is on our side but at the end of the day, only Deron knows what's truly important.
I also think Kidd gives Dallas an edge... Dirk is by far the greatest player that Kidd has ever had as an NBA teammate... Jason remembers what Dirk did in 10-11, and he knows that the Nets don't have a player of Dirk's caliber to go along with him and Deron...

I'm surprised that nobody here is talking about Kidd's half of this equation... I mean Kidd and Williams on the same team, you wont find a better PG duo in the NBA... A team landing Kidd alone is a pretty damn nice addition, adding Kidd and Williams in one day is just sick...

If the Mavs lose out on Kidd and Williams, then they're screwed... I keep hearing Nash's name, and Nash is nice, but he can't play defense worth a damn... Nash would be a downgrade from Kidd...

Man I hope Kidd stays in Dallas!
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #79
Erod

Erod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these parts

My gut is Deron and Dwight Howard have a secret agreement to join their talents in Brooklyn.

New arena, new city, new uniforms, and an owner who will spend money, minus the nagging requests and demands of family and friends wanting tickets and access that Deron would get in Dallas.
Erod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #80
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
My gut is Deron and Dwight Howard have a secret agreement to join their talents in Brooklyn.

New arena, new city, new uniforms, and an owner who will spend money, minus the nagging requests and demands of family and friends wanting tickets and access that Deron would get in Dallas.
Lol. I love this guy.