Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-22-2015, 10:36 PM   #41
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I actually think there are two Mark Cubans, and at least one of them is a Muslim.
Mark Cuban is a hologram.

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2015, 06:12 AM   #42
Subtuppel

Subtuppel will become famous soon enough

Worst trade ever. Said it right from the beginning. Of course many said "good player, superior defender, they will need time to adjust" etc. but it was just plain obvious too me that it would never fit.

Good that he's gone, too bad they won't get the other guys back. And if I was one of them and should it happen that the Mavs wanted to re-sign me (remember, by a large margin best offense in the league at that point) i'd tell them to stick their offer where the sun does not shine...

The only team that won in the trade were the Celtics, they would not have made then playoffs w/o getting rid of that shadow of their former top player.

Last edited by Subtuppel; 04-23-2015 at 06:13 AM.
Subtuppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:38 AM   #43
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Has a player ever openly quit on their team during the playoffs like this? I've been actively watching the Mavs and NBA for close to 20 years and can't remember anything like this.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #44
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Guy is plain stupid.

He has basically cancelled every chance for a big contract completely by himself.

He can be happy if someone takes him on a cheap 1 year deal next season.

Even the Lakers, Knicks and Kings wont be that dumb. Well the Knicks maybe..

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:32 AM   #45
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

I will confess that I was very supportive of the Rondo trade when it happened. It has been a depressing failure, but in the end the team before was just going to be more entertaining but equally incapable of making any sort of legitimate run. Cuban is a gambler, and saw this. Naturally with hindsight he would have gone the other way. Such is life, the gambles that pay off (buying low on a hindered Chandler in the 2010 offseason, trading away pieces for an aging Kidd, staying true to Dirk in the face of dissapointments and offers like Shaq in 2004), and those that don't (the Odom fiasco, vying for Deron, Dwight and CP3, and finally the Rondo experiment).

I am oddly excited to see how Cuban and Donnie handle the post-Dirk post-contender years. I hope their propensity to be forward thinking translates to a rebuilding process with a concrete vision and a smooth transition. Cuban said the treadmill was always to be avoided, and I believe he took these gambles mainly because of his incredible loyalty to Dirk and desire to cement his legacy further. Without him I expect a more cynical approach to evaluating talent.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:46 AM   #46
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

https://grantland.com/the-triangle/w...e-to-children/

"With More Time on His Hands, Rajon Rondo Gives Connect Four Advice to Children"

I needed to laugh.

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 04-23-2015 at 11:47 AM.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #47
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The back injury is a cop out. He was perfectly fine leaving the locker room. He went to the training room after he was fully dressed just to get his ear buds on and avoided the media. Quote board from Carlisle is on MOR.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:34 PM   #48
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The back injury is a cop out. He was perfectly fine leaving the locker room. He went to the training room after he was fully dressed just to get his ear buds on and avoided the media. Quote board from Carlisle is on MOR.
Pretty obvious, but good to get confirmation.

I can understand why team's do it, but it's always obvious when a player throws a tantrum and then is magically "injured"
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #49
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, we may be missing some details about the tantrum that could explain the back injury.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #50
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably becauese of the amount of bricks the entire season...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:10 PM   #51
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=50&v=O91fPrMwkBU
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote