Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-08-2002, 11:50 AM   #41
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

Either way, they'd be on Peja. If Raef is guarding vlade (Kandi can guard him MUCH better) Kurt is on Webber, guess what??? That still leaves Dirk on Peja!!!
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2002, 12:15 PM   #42
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Dirk77 - I´d propose you edit your last 2 postings before anyone else than me reads them ...

It´s just too funny that you´re not even getting my point, you´re also completely unable to READ what I posted ...

think about anyone else got what i said, they may agree or disagree, won´t matter, since kandi is a pipe dream in many considerations ... and maybe someone is patient enough to get things into dirk77´s head somehow via pm ... good luck ...
Old 07-08-2002, 12:24 PM   #43
Dirk77
Banned

I got what you said you freakin Nazi! Jesus, do you just speak German?? Can you even read English?????? I agree Kandi is hard to get, but I really gotta disagree with you if you would RATHER have Kurt then Kandi. And remember what I wrote at the beginning: IF ALL WERE AVAILABLE!!
Old 07-08-2002, 12:32 PM   #44
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Another try to make things clear:

I don´t want us to play too much time with all Dirk, Raef, Kurt on the floor, depening on the matchup it may go down to no time at all with all three.

Dirk, Raef and Kurt may, depending on opponents, play a three man rotation on the PF/C spot.

I NEVER said they should play all the three at the same time. That´s Dirk77´s lame point about Dirk still having to guard Peja. Just in his head. Not in mine.

And once again: Kandi, Raef and Dirk is not a good defensive formation imho. Both Raef and Dirk will be in match ups with more agile opponents most of the time, which doesnt make it any easier to defend the middle.
It won´t give us too much on offense aswell, Kandi´s offense numbers are not at all impressive.

Sure Kandi would be a solid upgrade of our inside game, IF we play the three guy rotation with Dirk, Raef and Kandi like the Thomas thing, JUST then we have - if we compate THIS 3 guy frontcourt with the Thomas, Raef, Dirk thing - I less versatile option with actually less offensive power (I consider Thomas a pretty good inside-offense guy).

So: getting Kandi instead of Thomas limits our gameplans (besides having to change it totally at times) and needs far more adjustment of set plays and stuff, while Thomas might contribute with our current system (which proved to be working pretty fine).

Also Thomas would add veteran issues, while Kandi is still raw and hasn´t proven to be much of a reliable factor. He´s having the youth on his side though.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:37 PM   #45
Dirk77
Banned

I understand exactly what your saying, and I do respeci it. But, I don't know if it would be worth trading Nick for a big guy who isn't going to start. Also, I believe if we acquire either Kurt or Kandi, Nellie will plan on starting them, this is my firm belief. I really don't see Nellie having either coming off the bench. And between these two, I would rather have the second:
1. C-Raef
PF- Kurt
SF- Dirk

2. C-Kandi
PF- Raef
SF- Dirk

And I apologize for the Nazi comment.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:37 PM   #46
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Keon can bang more than Kurt from what I saw last season. The reason why I said I would go at Keon is because the way it looks Kandi is gonna be a clipper next year so I elimnated him and fo rme it came down to Kurt and Keon. Getting Kurt here would be Juwan Howard all over again. Dont get me wrong I like Juwan and Kurt as players but we dont improve on defense. Now if yall want a real banger Othella Harrington is the guy. It hink given minutes he will benefit more than Kurt THomas.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 12:40 PM   #47
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

I´d take Harrington aswell ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The only thing I don´t like about Harrington is his tendency to throw away the ball in very important situations ... remember our 2 OT game at MSG?
Old 07-08-2002, 12:40 PM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

<< I got what you said you freakin Nazi! Jesus, do you just speak German?? Can you even read English?????? >>

from dirk77.. just in case it gets edited by dirk77... so everyone can see what he said
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 12:44 PM   #49
Dirk77
Banned

Murphy, get over it. I already apologized for that.

I like Othella as well, but he is also similar to another Knick I wouldn't mind having in Weatherspoon.

SJ, I have also noticed Othella turns it over a bit. anyone know his tpg? Isn't he only like 6&quot;8 too?
Old 07-08-2002, 12:58 PM   #50
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

espn lists both (harrington and kurt thomas) identically at 6´9 235 lbs
Old 07-08-2002, 12:59 PM   #51
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

SJ - We're probably going to start Dirk at SF next year even if we don't make an acquisition (this comes directly from a Nelson quote in a recent FW Star Telegram article), with Raef at PF and Bradley at C. So I'm just looking at it from the perspective of who I'd rather have playing center: Thomas or Olowokandi. I'd rather have Olowokandi. Thomas, however, wouldn't be a bad second choice.

Olowokandi might not cause Vlade any more problems than Thomas would, but he's a better shotblocker and a bigger body to clog the lane, so I'd still prefer to have him.

Old 07-08-2002, 01:01 PM   #52
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

I don´t think this will happen ... Nellies &quot;I´ll have to play a bigger lineup&quot; might be about Dirk not beeing the only Forward/Center anymore like he was last year in a lineup of Nash, VanExel, Finley and Najera/Griffin around him ...

Why do you think Nellie will play Bradley, Raef and Dirk at the same time (other than for some stretches)?

And by the way - there are very good reasons to go with Kandi, I just don´t think he fits our current system, which I consider as beeing a good thing. So if you want to change our game style, Kandi might be a landslide winner over thomas.
Old 07-08-2002, 01:45 PM   #53
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Why do you think Nellie will play Bradley, Raef and Dirk at the same time (other than for some stretches)? >>

Nellie did say in an interview a couple of weeks ago that he wanted to play such a line-up more. He didn't imply that that it would be our starting line-up and I think kg is being overly optimistic if he thinks Bradley is going to go from this season to back into the starting job.

More likely, Nellie is thinking of it as an occasional thing--hopefully at least as common as small ball. Raef will be our starting center.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 01:56 PM   #54
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Yea Bradely wont go from Injured Reserve List to a starting spot. In a way thats kind of not fair to other Mavs who stay on the IR or bench. I think Nellie is gonna go the route of seeing how Bradely does in succfient minutes just like he did last season which didnt work. But if we could get Keon in here and even if he doesent start he will help our bench out that would coo too. Having NVE Griffen Najera(if signed) Buck(if signed) Abdul Wahad Avery Johnson and Keon Clark? We would probaly have 2 candidates for 6th Man award.

1996-2005
Old 07-08-2002, 02:06 PM   #55
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I got what you said you freakin Nazi!

This is racist and totally uncalled for as well. There is no place at all for this type of crap. It's just like the racist remark you made earlier. If this is joking as you claimed earlier then maybe you should look into a freaking race relations seminar or an anger management seminar. You cannot spurt this bullshit and then apologize and think it is ok. Even though you give the money back, you still robbed the bank. There are consequences for your actions. Racist bullshit like this has no place anywhere. Please stop it now.

And calling SJ stupid is uncalled for as well, especially since he has eloquently stated his ideas.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 02:51 PM   #56
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

<<

<< Why do you think Nellie will play Bradley, Raef and Dirk at the same time (other than for some stretches)? >>

Nellie did say in an interview a couple of weeks ago that he wanted to play such a line-up more. He didn't imply that that it would be our starting line-up and I think kg is being overly optimistic if he thinks Bradley is going to go from this season to back into the starting job.

More likely, Nellie is thinking of it as an occasional thing--hopefully at least as common as small ball. Raef will be our starting center.
>>

Hoops, I have searched in vain for the article that I posted recently talking about this, but Nelson's quote was not that he wanted to play such a lineup more often, but that he wanted to start Bradley at C, Raef at PF, and Dirk at SF.

Will that translate into reality? Maybe, maybe not. Nelson does say a lot of stuff that doesn't actually come to pass. But he did say it. I only wish I could find the article to repost here...

Old 07-08-2002, 02:55 PM   #57
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Orbio let me just start off by sayign im black and I have heard wayy more racist terms then this in my time. Im not taking up for anyone here but just ignore it. Honestly I didnt even read the post till u pretty much quoted who said it. SJ, pretty much just ignored it and just ignore it will go away. There is no use of acknowleging it when there is no purpose because I seriously doubt u making a post about it will make him change the way he feels or whatever. This thread is about Keon Kandi and Kurt lets leave it as that. There are plenty of boards out there wer u can talk abuot race issues. Try searching yahoo and type in Disscussing Racial issues im sure alot will come up.

1996-2005
Old 07-08-2002, 03:04 PM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

doc found it offensive and the problem should be dealt with..
there is no place for racism on this board... doc is simply trying to make sure that doesn't happen again and again.. like it already has
Old 07-08-2002, 03:13 PM   #59
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< doc found it offensive and the problem should be dealt with..
there is no place for racism on this board... doc is simply trying to make sure that doesn't happen again and again.. like it already has
>>

Thats my point. Doc making posts about the issue isnt gonna help it at all. The more u talk about it the more people post about it which u just said. Just ignore it or better yet how about soemone make a thread disscussing racial issues so I can just avoid the thread because on every single Mavs board im on there is always a race issue. Someone even suggested me being a racist because I said that this draft class is week compared to others. It was wrong ill admit for someone to mak ea racial comment but I just donts ee how quoting it so everyoen on the board can see it makes it better.

1996-2005
Old 07-08-2002, 03:15 PM   #60
Murphy3
Guru

it will help...
Old 07-08-2002, 03:22 PM   #61
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Closed until further notice.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote