Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-30-2003, 08:02 PM   #41
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

NVE does NOT look good out there. I'd rather see Finley come back in. He's not shooting well, but he's being posted up and has 3 assists.

And NVE is NOT playing defense at all.

I noticed Finley being slow to make the switch twice, but NVE is slow on it all. And he puts his hand up AFTER the shot. Huh? What good is that supposed to do??
Old 01-30-2003, 08:05 PM   #42
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

when did bell get a bruised thigh?
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:07 PM   #43
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

LaFrentz had that one shot blocked by Garnett, but I like his attitude about attacking the basket. Nice to see.

If he doesn't want to put Finley in, put Griffin, Bell or Williams in there, whatever to get NVE out.

No defense and he's missing everything.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:07 PM   #44
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

I didn't know Raja is not dressed tonight for the game. Bruised thigh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:09 PM   #45
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< when did bell get a bruised thigh? >>

Raja hurt it last night in the final minutes of the game. When they took him out of the game the trainer went over to examine his thigh and then they put ice on it. Want to bet that it was a cheap shot by Stevie Ball Hog?
Old 01-30-2003, 08:10 PM   #46
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Wasn't this the same score at half last night?
Old 01-30-2003, 08:10 PM   #47
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

How is it that Dirk gets 1 shot in the 2nd quarter? How is it that Dirk had Wally guarding him and he couldn't get the ball in the post?

Oh I bet he wasn't &quot;calling&quot; for it. Amazing how our offense absolutely sucks. Yes, flat out sucks when Nick and Nash are in the game together.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:10 PM   #48
DTL
Diamond Member

ok now. i want to see another 37-point third quarter again!
Old 01-30-2003, 08:11 PM   #49
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

There goes Nellie again. I guess he hasn't learned his lesson. Why is he playing NVE and Nash at the same time???!!!
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:11 PM   #50
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

I can't believe that Dirk has 1 rebound. wtf??
Old 01-30-2003, 08:11 PM   #51
DTL
Diamond Member

or more importantly, i want to see another 16-pt 3rd quarter by the other team tonight!
Old 01-30-2003, 08:12 PM   #52
DTL
Diamond Member

<< There goes Nellie again. I guess he hasn't learned his lesson. Why is he playing NVE and Nash at the same time???!!! >>

he loves nick. nick's so dangerous, and he's our best post player.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:13 PM   #53
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously doubt Nellie will ever learn that NVE and Nash together is quite possibly the most horrendous backcourt the Mavs could ever put out there. But hey... he'll learn it in the playoffs. In the 2nd round of course.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:13 PM   #54
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Wonder if the second half is going to be like last night. This would be another good time for Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde to show its face again.

One problem though, who is going to be the defensive sparkplug w/o Raja? We need someone to step it up. The T-wolves are shooting over 50% for the game so far.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Old 01-30-2003, 08:14 PM   #55
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

I don't want to overreact but this game doesn't look good for the Mavs. Also, Nellie has got it into his head that we need for offense instead of looking for more defense. I liked the Bradley, Lafrenz, Dirk front line but then he decided to put in NVE and Nash and the Wolves went on a 12-1 run.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:14 PM   #56
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Finley (19) 2-7, 0-1, 4pts, 1rb, 3as, 1to

Dirk (19) 5-10, 0-2, 1-1, 11pts, 1rb, 2as, 1to, 1blk

Nash (16) 5-8, 0-1, 10pts, 2rbs, 4as, 1stl

Raef (19) 3-7, 1-1, 7pts, 6rbs, 1as, 1to, 1stl, 1blk

NVE (16) 2-7, 0-2, 1-2, 5pts, 1rb, 2as

I want to see Finley hit a couple shots and REBOUND. I want to less of NVE and maybe this 3rd quarter will be more like last nights.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:15 PM   #57
Bayliss

NVE is perhaps our worst defender. Put the ball in Troy Hudson or Anthony Peeler's hands 20 feet from the hoop and I will bet that Dirk, LaFrentz, or Bradley could play better defense than NVE.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:17 PM   #58
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

This seems to be like last night and i'm hoping comes out and does the same thing like last night somehow
Old 01-30-2003, 08:17 PM   #59
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< or more importantly, i want to see another 16-pt 3rd quarter by the other team tonight! >>

Ahhh now that is more like it.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:17 PM   #60
roadrunner
Golden Member

<< NVE is perhaps our worst defender. Put the ball in Troy Hudson or Anthony Peeler's hands 20 feet from the hoop and I will bet that Dirk, LaFrentz, or Bradley could play better defense than NVE. >>

Or maybe even Nellie himself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2003, 08:18 PM   #61
Bookit
Diamond Member

Whenever Nellie plays both NVE and Nash at the same time I just cringe. NVE does much better when REPLACING Nash!!! I know I have beaten this to death but It makes me crazy.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:21 PM   #62
LRB
Guru

Here's hoping for a repeat of last night's 2nd half.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:22 PM   #63
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<<

<< There goes Nellie again. I guess he hasn't learned his lesson. Why is he playing NVE and Nash at the same time???!!! >>

and he's our best post player.
>>

Sadly this might be true.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:22 PM   #64
DTL
Diamond Member

well, our offense just wasn't clicking either. 7/22 for 16 pts just doesn't cut it.

second half: attack the board, grab more defensive rebounds to get into a transition game. move the ball to get better shots.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:23 PM   #65
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< Whenever Nellie plays both NVE and Nash at the same time I just cringe. NVE does much better when REPLACING Nash!!! I know I have beaten this to death but It makes me crazy. >>

hahahahha. I was scared when read this. I didn't remember when I wrote it! oops.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:24 PM   #66
Bayliss

<< well, our offense just wasn't clicking either. 7/22 for 16 pts just doesn't cut it. >>

The offense didn't click because someone was dribbling too much. And not getting others involved.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:24 PM   #67
DTL
Diamond Member

we need more icons.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:26 PM   #68
DTL
Diamond Member

<<

<< well, our offense just wasn't clicking either. 7/22 for 16 pts just doesn't cut it. >>

The offense didn't click because someone was dribbling too much. And not getting others involved.
>>

yeah, nick took 7 shots in the second, most for either team! NVE feeling a little all-star snub??
Old 01-30-2003, 08:28 PM   #69
roadrunner
Golden Member

<< we need more icons. >>

Not a bad idea, DTL.

Maybe then, Chiwas won't think he has a split personality. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2003, 08:30 PM   #70
DTL
Diamond Member

what did griff do? why did nellie just put nve in for griff??
Old 01-30-2003, 08:31 PM   #71
DTL
Diamond Member

looks like raef'll provide a spark again.

nice hustle by everyone, and nash hits a J.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:31 PM   #72
Chiwas
Guru

THIS IS AWFUL: NVE &quot;GUARDING&quot; GARNETT!!!

It´s miserable our underdog.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:32 PM   #73
DTL
Diamond Member

if we cannot pull down some defensive boards, this is not looking good.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:32 PM   #74
Bayliss

Nellie goes small once again.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:33 PM   #75
DTL
Diamond Member

good D by the mavs. and it allowed us to run.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:34 PM   #76
DTL
Diamond Member

3 defensive stops, and mavs convert on the other end for a 9-0 run.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:35 PM   #77
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

C&oacute;mo se dice 'underdog' en espa&ntilde;ol, Chiwas?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:35 PM   #78
Chiwas
Guru

The big three have to overplay to balance the Nellie ball.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:35 PM   #79
LRB
Guru

Better D, great 3 pt. shooting. Maybe another repeat of last nights 2nd half?
Old 01-30-2003, 08:36 PM   #80
roadrunner
Golden Member

<< good D by the mavs. and it allowed us to run. >>

Are they actually playing good D or are the T-wolves missing open jumpers? I don't have the privilage of being able to watch the game right now.