Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-27-2003, 10:46 AM   #1
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I am interested. Need to check with the wife on what we are doing that weekend though so I am not confirmed. It would be great to meet you guys though.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:50 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

cool, come on out.

anyone interested?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 11:33 AM   #3
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

i'm there.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:34 PM   #4
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure if anyone will have room for dessert after the huge amount of BBQ Evilmav will be making. However, I will be bringing a Bourbon cake and a fairly good sized batch of rum balls.

See you next weekend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 03:43 PM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to have to downgrade my status to a maybe, thanks to the lovely world of work and a beast that the IT world calls a "mantainence window." hehe.. I ought to be able to make it but it's hard to say at this point.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 02:36 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I >might< have to downgrade myself as well. I >might< have to chop down a 40' tree in the backyard on Saturday - I hope to put it off until Sunday.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 02:45 PM   #7
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Alright everyone, the party will start at MFFL's backyard. We will begin the party by chopping down a 40' tree. Here's a chance for all the guys here to prove they are real men. We should have that tree chopped down in 15 minutes, 10 if the women participate. Then we will go to the room for beer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 03:15 PM   #8
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

<< Alright everyone, the party will start at MFFL's backyard. We will begin the party by chopping down a 40' tree. Here's a chance for all the guys here to prove they are real men. We should have that tree chopped down in 15 minutes, 10 if the women participate. Then we will go to the room for beer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

The tree will not get chopped down if women help...heres why.

1) Men will not concentrate on the job as they are watching women sweat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
2) They will start drinking as always when they see sexy women sweat, and they will get drunk. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
4) Last thing you need is men, being drunk, and sharp objects, somebody will get hurt.
3) When that person gets hurt, the drunk men will have to carry him to a hospital.
4) Will get pulled over by a cop for Driving While Intoxicated.
5) Guys spend the rest of the weekend in jail recovering from their hangover.

So in the end......guys miss Mavs basketball over a Woman.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 03:18 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Oddly that makes a lot of sense.

good one!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 03:22 PM   #10
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

That works out great. The women will get the job done as always. The men will be in jail. More beer for women. I like this. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 05:22 PM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<<

<< Alright everyone, the party will start at MFFL's backyard. We will begin the party by chopping down a 40' tree. Here's a chance for all the guys here to prove they are real men. We should have that tree chopped down in 15 minutes, 10 if the women participate. Then we will go to the room for beer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

The tree will not get chopped down if women help...heres why.

1) Men will not concentrate on the job as they are watching women sweat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
2) They will start drinking as always when they see sexy women sweat, and they will get drunk. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
4) Last thing you need is men, being drunk, and sharp objects, somebody will get hurt.
3) When that person gets hurt, the drunk men will have to carry him to a hospital.
4) Will get pulled over by a cop for Driving While Intoxicated.
5) Guys spend the rest of the weekend in jail recovering from their hangover.

So in the end......guys miss Mavs basketball over a Woman.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

Hehehe, very good prediction.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:32 AM   #12
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Just a reminder...in spite of the twisted turn this thread has taken this is still the place to post your RSVP.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:46 PM   #13
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

What time does this thing start? And which Residence Inn?

Apologies for ignorance.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:18 PM   #14
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Sterm, the party will start around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. The game starts at 7:30. Basically it's an all afternoon get together leading up to watching the game. So you can come whenever you want.

Sorry, but I'm still trying to figure out which Residence Inn. Evilmav should be posting more details soon.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:20 PM   #15
Chiwas
Guru

<< Sterm, the party will start around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. The game starts at 7:30. Basically it's an all afternoon get together leading up to watching the game. So you can come whenever you want.

Sorry, but I'm still trying to figure out which Residence Inn. Evilmav should be posting more details soon.
>>

By 7:30 nobody is going to be able to focus on the TV.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:21 PM   #16
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

By 7:30 nobody is going to be able to focus on the TV.

speak for yourself, cabron
Old 04-01-2003, 03:25 PM   #17
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

OP you're going to the game. You don't need to be able to focus on a TV. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2003, 05:57 PM   #18
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

who's the drunk man in the kilt?
Old 04-01-2003, 07:56 PM   #19
Chiwas
Guru

<< By 7:30 nobody is going to be able to focus on the TV.

speak for yourself, cabron
>>

¡Aching...s!
Old 04-01-2003, 11:05 PM   #20
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

I'm going to the game Chi, but the party starts well in advance...and yes, Smile, i'll wear my kilt. I've been asked to do so.

Once again, Chi will be dancing on the pole !!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 11:48 PM   #21
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< i'll wear my kilt... Chi will be dancing on the pole >>

That just sounds bad.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 02:05 PM   #22
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

&lt;bump&gt;

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 11:04 PM   #23
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Alrighty folks, the party is at the Residence Inn Northpark (right to the North of Central and LBJ) in room 212 Saturday. I should be on hand with a ton of food (smoked brisket, chicken quarters (which I will cook on a Weber kettle I am bringing, as needed), bisquits, etc...) by about 12:30 PM or so. I will have a keg and some soft-drinks on hand, so don't worry about BYOB stuff (unless y'all tend to prefer liquour based refreshments)...

Just to offset the cost of the hotel room and the keg, I will be asking for a contribution of $15 a piece. Just thinking about the numbers of folk's who have RSVPed, this seems like a reasonable and logical amount to cover the costs of the afternoon (I am not including the cost of the wood, charcoal, food or time in this- that is on me). There should be more than enough food, beer, or non-alchoholic beverages for everyone- and if we run out, I can always run out to the store again...

I hope to see all of y'all come out on Saturday, and I think this will be a heck of a lot of fun...

Oh, and incidentally, the rest of the world may just see how we Dallas-Mavs fans support our team, since the BBC will presumably be coming out to see us...
Old 04-03-2003, 11:37 PM   #24
MFFL
Guru

I'll be there but I might be late. I'm going to have to chop down that damn tree after all (unless it rains).
Old 04-04-2003, 07:58 PM   #25
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I know this is late, by I have a pass from the wife. What time is everybody showing up?
Old 04-04-2003, 09:24 PM   #26
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Awww, you guys have fun. Murph, don't forget, you promised to do a shot for me. And remember, send good vibes at the TV amidst the alcoholic haze. Go Mavs!
Old 04-04-2003, 09:51 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

nellie, i'm gonna try to be there between 2:30 and 3:00

and ames, you've got it..
Old 04-05-2003, 02:29 PM   #28
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I could be wrong here, but I think it is just South of 635.

Map

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 06:02 PM   #29
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath the kilt
Ring Ding Diddle Diddle Ai Dee Oh
Ring Da Diddle Ai Oh!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

i'm so curious to know if OP really wore the kilt [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]... if so
please post a pic...

i'm sure you all have/had a great time... i'm so sad i couldn't
made it this time... but i guess this is not the last watching
party this year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]...

MadApe,
be careful the 'boring' germans are coming to dallas again! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 03:51 AM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

he wore the kilt
Old 04-06-2003, 07:55 AM   #31
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

<< he wore the kilt >>

well, i'm very impressed !!!
but where are the pictures ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

guess you all enjoyed the party...
where are the details ? i mean who was
out of control, who behaved and
what was the highlight beside the
mavs victory ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2003, 12:08 PM   #32
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

My car did not survive the wrath of God that came down on us
Old 04-06-2003, 12:21 PM   #33
EvilMav3

EvilMav3 is on a distinguished road

Hi all, I'm new to this board.
I read about your party. It must've been one wild party. A keg and a hotel---you guys aren't kidding around.
I am really impressed with one of the members. Evilmav2, it seems like you did a great job organizing this event. What a guy...you really put yourself out for this one. You organized the event and took care of the food. That was very generous of you. Evilmav2, you sound like a good catch. Do you have a woman?
EvilMav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 12:35 PM   #34
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Ape, are you serious, or playing?

It rained NOT a DROP at the AAC.
Old 04-06-2003, 01:29 PM   #35
madape
Diamond Member

Rhylan - it's all too true. We had raquetball sized hail stones. They FUCKED up my truck.
Old 04-06-2003, 01:56 PM   #36
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

My head hurts.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 02:47 PM   #37
Novice#41
Golden Member

<< My head hurts. >>

grbh, sounds like you had a cheerful party [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...
or are you talking about the hail as well?
Old 04-06-2003, 03:55 PM   #38
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

<< Rhylan - it's all too true. We had raquetball sized hail stones. They FUCKED up my truck. >>

ahh man. that SUCKS. was this at the Residence Inn or after ya'll left?
Old 04-06-2003, 05:06 PM   #39
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear it madape....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 05:37 PM   #40
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Evilmav3?