Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-23-2003, 02:49 PM   #41
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: the 1st invitational dallas-mavs bball challenge...

hey if you guys play this week, i can make it! i'll be in dallas tomorrow night through friday.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:52 PM   #42
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default the 1st invitational dallas-mavs bball challenge...

We need a proposed date. And a proposed time. And a solidified location. Again, my health club has an awesome court. There is a hoop at pretty much any school across the metroplex. We just need to decide inside/outside and where.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:03 PM   #43
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

BBL- You in town for any particular reason? Too bad you're coming a week too early, next week the Global Games begin.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 04:45 PM   #44
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i'm in town on business. i get to go train Mary Kay on how to use our software.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:29 PM   #45
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

G***amndit! I would love to get in a pickup game with D-M folks (particularly with giant BBL in town), but I am stuck in stupid Boston until Sunday... Damned, that's irritating...
Old 06-23-2003, 05:52 PM   #46
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
yeah, i'm in town on business. i get to go train Mary Kay on how to use our software.
I thought Mary Kay was dead. I'm glad it's you and not me with this job!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 05:58 PM   #47
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I'm pretty damn rusty and was never that great to begin with. But I love to play. Tell me where to be and I'll try to haul my lazy ass onto the court.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 07:14 PM   #48
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ha ha. i don't think i'm training Mary Kay herself... just people at the company. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2003, 09:07 PM   #49
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

Since BBL goes back on Friday, how about Thursday around 6pm.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:20 PM   #50
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Thursday is the draft!!
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 10:44 PM   #51
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

anyone feel like throwing out a time and place? [img]i/expressions/clock.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2003, 11:37 PM   #52
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

what about wednesday evening?
Old 06-24-2003, 01:08 AM   #53
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

or Thursday? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 01:35 AM   #54
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

but thursday is the draft and i want to watch it...
Old 06-24-2003, 09:16 AM   #55
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

basketball, then watch the draft? and remember, i have absolutely no clue about the geography of dallas. and i'll have no internet access ofter 3 PM today. so if this is a go... let me know! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i'm not gonna post my cell phone number on this board... but if someone on the board that I am familiar with plans on going, i'll PM them my number.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:41 PM   #56
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

well, guys, i am out of here. off to dallas! if you guys do play (or get together somewhere else for something else), smiles has my cell phone number.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:43 PM   #57
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Laters!!!

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 02:59 PM   #58
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I'm interested, if the time (weekend mornings/afternoons) and place (DFW) are right.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 05:08 PM   #59
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

bump

Did this idea get trashed?
Old 06-25-2003, 05:29 PM   #60
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

i don't know. i am still interested though.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:22 PM   #61
Smiles
Diamond Member

someone want to throw out a location?

and who will confirm?
Old 06-25-2003, 11:36 PM   #62
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Let's plan for after the 4th...that'll give us time to agree on a place and time in an orderly fashion....I think we're starting to get cramped up by the upcoming holiday.

So who's got the court....for real.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:43 PM   #63
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

after the 4th sounds fine to me.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:15 AM   #64
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

man...you guys are just lucky i live so freaking far away.....

or something [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 09:22 AM   #65
Smiles
Diamond Member

Hey, i almost forgot about getting a holiday! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

it works to wait until after... it's up to you all. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2003, 09:24 AM   #66
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Yes, let's wait until after.... however we should work out the details now. Otherwise I see the same thing happening, or it just going by the way-side altogether.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:02 AM   #67
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

How about going to an outdoor court on Friday, July 11 in the evening?

If the date works for y'all feel free to suggest locations. I know quite a few outdoor courts throughout the North Dallas area that would be good places to run some pickup ball without other, non-DM folks showing up. So, once I get back in Dallas, I'll post some possible locations myself (there are a number of elementary schools that have nice full-courts without games being run on them every evening)...
Old 06-26-2003, 11:15 AM   #68
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

we should work out the details now

--Agreed u2...someone is going to have to step up....I nominate Evil...he and Mad got the 2 watching parties together...so I know that they're capable

(of anything!)
Old 06-26-2003, 05:08 PM   #69
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I live in Lewisville so I don't know how inconvenient or convenient that is to everyone interested. But I do know it is not centrally located to the D/FW Metroplex. But if somewhere in the Lewisville vicinity is acceptable I will find a place to play.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:02 PM   #70
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

bump for future talk???

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 07-01-2003, 12:03 PM   #71
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

where does everybody live thats going and we should be able to find a centralized location from there.

I live in Keller.
The Nash lives in Southlake *I think*
Rhylan lives in Roanoke *I think*
u2sarajevo lives in Lewisville.
Dirks Cuzin in Roanoke.
Murphy3 is in Lewisville.
signoftimes is in downtown Dallas.
outletpass is in Coppell.

Old 07-01-2003, 12:17 PM   #72
Dirks Cuzin

Dirks Cuzin is on a distinguished road

Im in Roanoke. South Roanoke across from Alliance Airport
Old 07-01-2003, 12:18 PM   #73
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

In Lewisville
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:25 PM   #74
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Downtown Dallas
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:25 PM   #75
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirks Cuzin
Im in Roanoke. South Roanoke across from Alliance Airport

You have no idea how close you live to me. LOL

I live in southwest Keller about a 1/2 mile from fossil creek high school. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2003, 12:27 PM   #76
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the keller/roanoke area is convenient for me..i spend a day or two in that area every week anyways...

Gotta go get my drink on at Papa G's
Old 07-01-2003, 12:29 PM   #77
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

and you haven't stopped by at my house Murphy? you punk, I live right there!!!

Old 07-01-2003, 12:35 PM   #78
Murphy3
Guru

sorry..sorry, i didnt know that I was supposed to stop by
Old 07-01-2003, 01:05 PM   #79
OutletPass
Diamond Member

coppell
Old 07-01-2003, 01:11 PM   #80
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
sorry..sorry, i didnt know that I was supposed to stop by
Guess I forgot to send you the invite huh?

Well now you got it, so call my ass next time you go to Papa G's and I will meet ya there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]