Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #761
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
and when is Kidd going to retire this year or next year?
If he doesn't retire, good. If he does, he comes off the books.

Bottom line is you should get used to DH getting injured all the time, cause it's going to be the overarching storyline of his career.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #762
hamb

hamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
I don't think he has missed any...but, he was benched by Avery in the last minutes of the Spurs game
that game made me angry

Quote:

Cool story.

mark's a cool dude, a friend of mine (also from college) won some radio show contest and got a suite for a playoff game (portland series, a while back), and when they were in the suite during halftime they were playing poker, and cuban goes in to say hello and when he saw that they were playing poker, he asked if he could play, dropped $100 on the table and said thats his buy in, and he lost the hand and hoped they were having a great time then left.
hamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #763
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamb View Post
just curious, why do you hate Cuban so much?

I've met the guy, he's been nothing but generous, and when I was in college near dallas and I emailed him asking for tickets (long shot) he said sure and sent me 2 tickets in the lower section (worth approx. $120 each) so I have nothing but respect for the guy, but that is from my experiences. I am curious, what in your experience has made you hate the guy? I'm sure you have a valid reason.
when I say hate i don't mean like hate him he is just not one of my favorite people. It's not like I know him, everytime I see him on tv he seems like he is complaining. Can he shut up and maybe tell his players to player better during a game instead of yelling at the ref, I just saw one time when he yelled at a ref when he shouldn't have and that's when I started disliking him and of course my Aunt started loving him and if you know my Aunt you would understand why myself and most of my family members start hating more and more everything she likes. Bottom line is I just don't like him because I see him complain too much for me to like him

Last edited by basketballgirl25; 01-05-2009 at 12:07 PM.
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #764
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #765
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #766
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad the negative rep feature seems to be working again.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #767
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

now we just need the ignore feature

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #768
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I don't think he has missed any...but, he was benched by Avery in the last minutes of the Spurs game

Cool story.
wasn't Kidd suspended for this last season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD7oMY2qeho

I don't remember if he was or was just ejected.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #769
fluid.forty.one

The point is that, at his old age, Kidd is still more reliable to play every game than Devin Harris. It's something that was always a problem here and I don't see any reason why it won't continue to haunt him.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #770
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
The point is that, at his old age, Kidd is still more reliable to play every game than Devin Harris. It's something that was always a problem here and I don't see any reason why it won't continue to haunt him.
I've watch Devin before he came to NJ I know he will get injured. But it doesn't take one player to win a game if Nets do it right they can still be good with Devin out at some point, prob not this year, but if Nets build right it will all be good.

And Kidd started slowing down last year also I don't see why he won't countine to get older and slow down more, he isn't going to win by himself just like Harris they need great players around them

Last edited by basketballgirl25; 01-05-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #771
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've watch Devin before he came to NJ I know he will get injured. But it doesn't take one player to win a game if Nets do it right they can still be good with Devin out at some point, prob not this year, but if Nets build right it will all be good.

And Kidd started slowing down last year also I don't see why he won't countine to get older and slow down more, he isn't going to win by himself just like Harris they need great players around them
Problem is -- Devin can't be the #1 option on a team that is elite. Devin needs to be the #2 or #3 offensive option. The Nets need an inside player to go inside out, with Devin and a slasher (VC) to play the game.

As it sits, they have put Devin as the #1 option, and he is thriving, but he won't bring a team up to elite because of his moderate at best passing skills.

Can the Nets find an inside force, using VC, and still find an adequate swing man to take the load off? -- Good luck.

Can Devin be Devin, if they bring in an inside force, and make him the #2 or #3 offensive option?

They have several years to go to get to elite status, unless they draft extremely well, or make some very heady trades. Devin could be an integral part of it though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #772
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
They have several years to go to get to elite status, unless they draft extremely well, or make some very heady trades. Devin could be an integral part of it though.
you do know this is a team who got Kidd for Murbury, got Vince Carter for like nothing, and traded Kidd who everyone knew wanted out. We have had problems with drafting people yes I mean Kristic, Wright, Williams, Williams, and I'm sure more just can't think of any were all not to good of picks, but with trades till something happens to Rod Thorn I think we are good with that. After he leaves or whatever we will have to worry about trades. Nets are in a good place right now they aren't worse like people thought they would be.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #773
hamb

hamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the roughhamb is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
when I say hate i don't mean like hate him he is just not one of my favorite people. It's not like I know him, everytime I see him on tv he seems like he is complaining. Can he shut up and maybe tell his players to player better during a game instead of yelling at the ref, I just saw one time when he yelled at a ref when he shouldn't have and that's when I started disliking him and of course my Aunt started loving him and if you know my Aunt you would understand why myself and most of my family members start hating more and more everything she likes. Bottom line is I just don't like him because I see him complain too much for me to like him
so let me get this straight... you are complaining about him complaining, and that is your reason for not liking him?

he views the game as a fan, and all fans yell at their tv's, and when i am lucky enough to be close to the action I make my voice heard and I yell at the refs/opposiing players, the coaches, etc. and I'm sure you do as well.

so who is your team? and do you dislike the whiners who play on that team?
Old 01-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #774
hamb

never mind, you're a nets fan... so I take it you don't like vince carter? He complains a whole heck of a lot...
Old 01-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #775
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
so let me get this straight... you are complaining about him complaining, and that is your reason for not liking him?

he views the game as a fan, and all fans yell at their tv's, and when i am lucky enough to be close to the action I make my voice heard and I yell at the refs/opposiing players, the coaches, etc. and I'm sure you do as well.

so who is your team? and do you dislike the whiners who play on that team?
I don't care if players whine, fine by me the make the money to whine. I hate when fans whine at refs and other teams players, it gets annoying. If sometime goes wrong i yell at the team I root for saying they suck and need to step up. Yelling at refs or other players is imo stupid yell at your own team to do better
Old 01-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #776
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
never mind, you're a nets fan... so I take it you don't like vince carter? He complains a whole heck of a lot...
nope, I don't hate vince carter I don't mind players complaining they all actually make the plays, does mark cuban or fans make the plays no, if they make the plays then I feel they complain. Heck I don't care if fans boo but anything other then that I tell them to shut up
Old 01-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #777
hamb

Quote:
I don't care if players whine, fine by me the make the money to whine. I hate when fans whine at refs and other teams players, it gets annoying. If sometime goes wrong i yell at the team I root for saying they suck and need to step up. Yelling at refs or other players is imo stupid yell at your own team to do better
you haven't been a fan of sports for long then have you? when you watch the game, and are excited about it, you get annoyed at the outside forces that you cannot control. its just the way it works.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #778
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
you haven't been a fan of sports for long then have you? when you watch the game, and are excited about it, you get annoyed at the outside forces that you cannot control. its just the way it works.
I've been a fan since I was 7 years old and I am 20 now. I'm just not the type of person who gets mad at refs, it's dumb to do that, now it football heck yeah. But basketball I find it pointless
Old 01-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #779
hamb

Quote:
I've been a fan since I was 7 years old and I am 20 now. I'm just not the type of person who gets mad at refs, it's dumb to do that, now it football heck yeah. But basketball I find it pointless
so you haven't been a fan of basketball for that long then... or you just don't like the sport... I find people who get annoyed at football to be wasting their time, THAT is pointless... difference of opinions. but I won't consider you an idiot because you get mad at football refs.

you still haven't given me ONE good reason why you hate Cuban... I can understand thinking he's an overbearing owner, but to think he's an ass, and to hate the mavs because of him... that makes no sense. but suit yourself.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #780
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
so you haven't been a fan of basketball for that long then... or you just don't like the sport... I find people who get annoyed at football to be wasting their time, THAT is pointless... difference of opinions. but I won't consider you an idiot because you get mad at football refs.

you still haven't given me ONE good reason why you hate Cuban... I can understand thinking he's an overbearing owner, but to think he's an ass, and to hate the mavs because of him... that makes no sense. but suit yourself.
I've been a fan for 13 years of my life, thats a long time for me. And I told you, I hate Cuban because he complains and I hate fans who complain about calls(we just seem to disagree it's ok that is what makes talking about sports fun, when people can think different), if he plays then he can complain and I wouldn't hate him. I know a lot of Maverick fans who hate Wade and there is no reason to hate him(same with me, no reason for me to hate mark cuban, but I do). And it's not like I hate Cuban all the time, only when I see his face on tv. Other then that he is a nobody is me, he is rich and like all rich people prob doesn't care what anyone thinks about him

Last edited by basketballgirl25; 01-05-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #781
hamb

lol you sound so bitter. did cuban run over your dog?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #782
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

it was probably her 9th favorite dog

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #783
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
now we just need the ignore feature
The "ignore feature" is back! Upper left hand corner. Click on User CP and you can click on "edit ignore list"...

I'm glad its back. I'm a lot happier now.

Last edited by monty55555; 01-05-2009 at 06:59 PM.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #784
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Let's all ignore basketballgirl.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #785
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Let's all ignore Dirk
fixed
Old 01-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #786
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you do know this is a team who got Kidd for Murbury, got Vince Carter for like nothing, and traded Kidd who everyone knew wanted out. We have had problems with drafting people yes I mean Kristic, Wright, Williams, Williams, and I'm sure more just can't think of any were all not to good of picks, but with trades till something happens to Rod Thorn I think we are good with that. After he leaves or whatever we will have to worry about trades. Nets are in a good place right now they aren't worse like people thought they would be.
LOL .... yes I know what the Nets have done in your short history.

I am a little older than that, and have followed the NBA too long.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #787
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
lol you sound so bitter. did cuban run over your dog?
I'm not bitter, and I've never had a dog
Old 01-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #788
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
LOL .... yes I know what the Nets have done in your short history.

I am a little older than that, and have followed the NBA too long.
I've watched the team when they sucked also
Old 01-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #789
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

who the hell is basketballgirl25 ?

where have i been? How long have i been gone?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #790
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
who the hell is basketballgirl25 ?
This is basketballgirl25:

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #791
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

dagger
Old 01-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #792
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

No i bet that really is her cause she posted it herself.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #793
MavsX
Diamond Member

haha, shut up? seriously? and why is she a nets fan?

get outta here!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #794
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
No i bet that really is her cause she posted it herself.
actually my cousin posted it, I didn't know it was on here, hahaha
Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #795
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
haha, shut up? seriously? and why is she a nets fan?

get outta here!
what kind of question is and why is she a nets fan? because I am hello. Why are you a mavs fan?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #796
MavsX
Diamond Member

hahaha...so you are real ?

nice to meet you.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #797
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what kind of question is and why is she a nets fan? because I am hello. Why are you a mavs fan?
Better yet - why is a Nets fan posting on a Mavs forum?

(also, you're a lot better-looking in your picture than I imagined - are you a Fila Brasileiro? Presa Canario?? Mastiff???) <rawr!>

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:11 PM   #798
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Better yet - why is a Nets fan posting on a Mavs forum?

(also, you're a lot better-looking in your picture than I imagined - are you a Fila Brasileiro? Presa Canario?? Mastiff???) <rawr!>
are you gay for Dirk I better you are
Old 01-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #799
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
hahaha...so you are real ?

nice to meet you.
yeah I am real, what did you think I was Dirk or something, hahaha had to say it
Old 01-05-2009, 10:09 PM   #800
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That isn't immature or anything.

Oh and Harris is probably out again due to injury so your beloved Nets will probably lose to the Kings.
Kings lost you were wrong

Last edited by basketballgirl25; 01-05-2009 at 10:15 PM.

Tags
brain seargantry, got a bit fluffy in here, great exceptations, guerillablackformavsfan!, i hate the nba, lakers vs ??? finals 2009, not enough tags, refs will win it all, shutup closet spurs fan, special orders upset us, sweet & sour chicken, tanking 101, utah sucks! woo!!!, you'll do it my way