Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-31-2015, 05:03 PM   #761
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, the bench is exactly where a guy seeking max contract wants to be.

Lol He definitely isn't a max player. A guy that can't shoot and turns the ball over a lot. And even if he is that good, having all your weapons starting isn't always the best strategy. Having a 6th man like what the Spurs did with Ginobili has also has proven to be effective. The thing is Dirk and Ellis need shooters out there so they aren't double teamed as much or the paint isn't as crowded.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2015, 05:05 PM   #762
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think spit ball against the wall deserves a chance.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:13 PM   #763
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Lol He definitely isn't a max player. A guy that can't shoot and turns the ball over a lot. And even if he is that good, having all your weapons starting isn't always the best strategy. Having a 6th man like what the Spurs did with Ginobili has also has proven to be effective. The thing is Dirk and Ellis need shooters out there so they aren't double teamed as much or the paint isn't as crowded.
It's not about what he is, it's about what he thinks he is... If we bench Rondo, then we're playing for lottery balls - no way the locker room survives a move like that.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:31 PM   #764
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
It's not about what he is, it's about what he thinks he is... If we bench Rondo, then we're playing for lottery balls - no way the locker room survives a move like that.
Are the egos really that fragile that we can't make any adjustments for the better of the team? And like I said Rondo plays more to his strengths when Ellis is on the bench. Not having to give it up as much. And Harris would get to play with Chandler. We know how much Harris feeds off athletic big men. Wright being the obvious example of that.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:37 PM   #765
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are the egos really that fragile that we can't make any adjustments for the better of the team?
It's not about ego, it's about value... No way Rondo agrees to a more limited role in a contract season. That's just bad business.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:33 PM   #766
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are the egos really that fragile that we can't make any adjustments for the better of the team? And like I said Rondo plays more to his strengths when Ellis is on the bench. Not having to give it up as much. And Harris would get to play with Chandler. We know how much Harris feeds off athletic big men. Wright being the obvious example of that.
Well there is a reason that players get praised for coming off the bench. It is a selfless act. It is usually done for the betterment of the team and not their own personal benefit.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-31-2015, 09:37 PM   #767
Underdog

Quote:
Like I said. Give Harris a chance as a starter. And I feel Rondo would be more comfortable out there with the bench. As he can dominate the ball more without worrying about Ellis and Dirk not getting the ball enough.
Are you Richard Jefferson in real life?

Old 02-01-2015, 02:15 AM   #768
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Are you Richard Jefferson in real life?
And what a surprise. Harris plays well.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:26 AM   #769
Underdog

Quote:
And what a surprise. Harris plays well.
You didn't answer my question... Which only makes me more suspicious of you.

(if Rondo ends up with some mysterious illness, I swear I'm gonna tell Cuban on you!)

Old 02-01-2015, 02:35 AM   #770
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
You didn't answer my question... Which only makes me more suspicious of you.

(if Rondo ends up with some mysterious illness, I swear I'm gonna tell Cuban on you!)
I didn't see him I tell you. I was looking at Dirk.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:31 AM   #771
Thukydides

Thukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to all

To me the main problem with Rondo is that he isn´t a great fit with the "Flow-Offense" at all. He needs set-plays, which he can execute. To me he really is at his best, when he knows exactly, what options there are in any specific play. (and I don´t think he can do that in RC´s offense right now)
You simply can´t run any kind of pick´n roll based offense with him. It´s not his strength.

I think, we should look at maximising the minutes Harris/Barea plays with Tyson -> have the old pick´n roll action there; and with Rondo on the court we need to run plays, which let Parsons/Dirk have an open outside/midrange-shot, but do not base on pick´n roll action.
Furthermore I would suggest to have Aminu in the Line-up with Harris/Tyson. So I would look at these units:

Harris, Ellis, Aminu, Dirk (jefferson.. let Aminu play PF), Tyson

Rondo, Barea (Ellis), Parsons, Dirk, Smith (Powell)

I don´t really know, what that means for the crunch-time, but to me that´s the most sensitive approach at fixing the issues with rondo.. (really would depend on, if we need the defense or offense) What do you guys think?

Last edited by Thukydides; 02-01-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Thukydides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:53 AM   #772
Igor1988

Igor1988 will become famous soon enough

Hope he'll get well soon. But interesting.

30th (with Rajon)
1 st half at MIA - 33 pts

31th (without Rajon)
1 st half at ORL - 66 pts
Igor1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:11 AM   #773
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Since the trade (12/18) the Mavs are 6th in offensive efficiency and 7th in defensive efficiency. Only four teams in the league that are top 10 in those categories since the trade.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:52 AM   #774
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Since the trade (12/18) the Mavs are 6th in offensive efficiency and 7th in defensive efficiency. Only four teams in the league that are top 10 in those categories since the trade.
This, so many times!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:38 PM   #775
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Is that the 20 games with rondo only? Reading the post again i assume they are. Tbh those numbers are shocking to me. The eye test certainly doesnt agree.

Last edited by dude1394; 02-01-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:56 PM   #776
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Marc Stein: ESPN sources say Mavs PG Rajon Rondo (facial injury) ruled out of Monday game vs. Wolves as docs continue to evaluate him
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:01 PM   #777
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

That doesn't sound great.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #778
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
That doesn't sound great.
On one hand, it will be interesting to get another look or two at the no Rondo offense. On the other hand, they need all the work they can get figuring out how to play with each other, and this will not help.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:18 PM   #779
dude1394
Guru

Well the folks clambering for felton might get their wish.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:28 PM   #780
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Well the folks clambering for felton might get their wish.
We got Harris and Barea. No need for Felton.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:01 PM   #781
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is that the 20 games with rondo only?
Hmm....

Quote:
#reading comprehension
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:22 PM   #782
dude1394
Guru

Last edited by Underdog; 02-01-2015 at 05:47 PM. Reason: clever use of hashtag, but inappropriate
Old 02-01-2015, 05:44 PM   #783
Underdog

Play nice, guys... If you want to flame each other, then take it to PM.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-01-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:41 PM   #784
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We got Harris and Barea. No need for Felton.
Why wasn't Devin Harris our starting PG in the first place anyway? (I'm not advocating for him to start, I'm just wondering why he wasn't given the spot at the start of the season.) A starting five of Harris, Ellis, Parsons, Dirk and Tyson is pretty damn good. And then we could've brought Nelson (Who was a weak defender) off the bench with guys like Crowder, and Chief Aminu who could help him out on D. IDK Just wondering.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:13 PM   #785
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Why wasn't Devin Harris our starting PG in the first place anyway? (I'm not advocating for him to start, I'm just wondering why he wasn't given the spot at the start of the season.) A starting five of Harris, Ellis, Parsons, Dirk and Tyson is pretty damn good. And then we could've brought Nelson (Who was a weak defender) off the bench with guys like Crowder, and Chief Aminu who could help him out on D. IDK Just wondering.
Because Devin had excellent chemistry with Wright off the bench (which is part of why he's been struggling since the trade...)

Old 02-01-2015, 11:40 PM   #786
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because Devin had excellent chemistry with Wright off the bench (which is part of why he's been struggling since the trade...)
Hmm...This is true, how could I have forgotten about the Devin Harris lobs to Brandan Wright that got us so many easy points. I just really don't think we needed Rondo, however, I do understand that our FO felt they had to do this trade. At this point now, I just think we need to find someway to strengthen our bench. Hopefully we can get something done soon.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:21 AM   #787
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
He was in the ending group which is just like a starter in all but name only. They wanted some punch off the bench and as the prior poster said they liked what he was doing with BWright.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:10 AM   #788
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Hmm...This is true, how could I have forgotten about the Devin Harris lobs to Brandan Wright that got us so many easy points. I just really don't think we needed Rondo, however, I do understand that our FO felt they had to do this trade. At this point now, I just think we need to find someway to strengthen our bench. Hopefully we can get something done soon.
We were doing great. Yep totally unnecessary trade IMO.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:28 AM   #789
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We were doing great. Yep totally unnecessary trade IMO.
Yeah, our defense was awesome with Nelson at the point and Wright was tearing it up against the good teams.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:02 AM   #790
Kante
Diamond Member

Per EKS:

Quote:
it's officially a facial injury for Rajon Rondo. Again, he's out tonight vs. Ricky Rubio and the Timberwolves.
Quote:
Rajon Rondo is officially out tonight vs. Minnesota. Raymond Felton is penciled in to start. May change.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #791
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love more details on the injury. I've heard everything from gash requiring stitches with a concussion to a cranial fracture. None of those rumors come from reputable sources, though.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:53 AM   #792
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch, orbital and nasal fracture. Not good.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:04 AM   #793
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Ouch, orbital and nasal fracture. Not good.
So broken nose. That's what it looked like.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:53 PM   #794
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Before the trade, Harden scored 33 points against us. Against Rondo he got 17. He held Westbrook to 18. We have not held good guards to decent numbers since 2011. Fixing the offense will be easy compared to stopping hot guards.

Rondo has to start, because Westbrook starts, and Harden starts, and Lilliard starts. Period.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #795
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Felton starting. Really hope that isn't true. Jj or Harris is fine with me.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #796
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Before the trade, Harden scored 33 points against us. Against Rondo he got 17. He held Westbrook to 18. We have not held good guards to decent numbers since 2011. Fixing the offense will be easy compared to stopping hot guards.

Rondo has to start, because Westbrook starts, and Harden starts, and Lilliard starts. Period.
Is anyone arguing that Rondo doesn't help us defensively?

My biggest concern at this point is Rondo's place in the offense. We can't have him doing nothing or we're going to be playing 4-on-5 like we've been doing through our losing streak. We can't really have him ineffectually running our offense, because Ellis is better with the ball than without and with the disrespect that Rondo gets, he can't even run a play effectively anyway.

Personally? I'd like Rondo just to work on stationary jumpers. Let Parsons use the other half of his skillset, so he's not just a jump shooter who can fake and drive. When he came here, there were designs on running him as a point forward. Then let Ellis dominate the ball when he wants to run some simple plays. I know we'd be losing out on Rondo's playmaking, but right now we're not getting it anyway, because no respects his offense. Teams always go under screens and don't even run out when he shoots. It's embarrassing for him and it's killing our offense.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:42 PM   #797
Romus

Romus is infamous around these partsRomus is infamous around these parts

Rondo off, good news.
Romus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:44 PM   #798
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Felton starting. Really hope that isn't true. Jj or Harris is fine with me.
Im a little interested in seeing felton with the starting unit.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #799
Underdog

Quote:
Rajon Rondo suffers two fractures

DALLAS -- Mavericks point guard Rajon Rondo suffered an orbital fracture in his left eye as well as a nasal fracture and will miss at least three games while undergoing additional testing, the team announced Monday.

Rondo was injured when teammate Richard Jefferson accidentally kneed him in the face in the opening minutes of Saturday night's win over the Orlando Magic.

Rondo will not play in Monday night's home game against Minnesota or travel on a two-game road trip to play Golden State and Sacramento later this week.

Rondo's status will be officially updated later this week, but teammates are prepared to be without the Mavs' starting point guard for an extended period of time.

"Hopefully, he has a quick and speedy recovery," Jefferson said. "Luckily we have the All-Star break not far away, so hopefully that will give him some more time to get right. He's a tough guy."

The injury occurred on a freak play 98 seconds into the first quarter of Saturday's win. After poking the ball away from behind Magic guard Elfrid Payton, Rondo tripped and fell to the floor. As he was getting up, he was kneed in the face by Jefferson, who did not see his teammate as he turned and sprinted down the court on a fast break.

With blood pouring out of his nose, Rondo stayed down on the court for about a minute before being escorted to the locker room by the Mavs' athletic training staff. His left eye was swollen shut as the team left the arena.

It isn't known whether surgery will be required to repair Rondo's facial fractures. Former Mavs guard Jason Terry missed two weeks after undergoing surgery to repair an orbital-bone fracture in March 2010, an extraordinarily quick recovery time. Other players have been sidelined for months after suffering orbital-bone fractures.

Rondo has started every game but one -- which he sat out to rest -- since arriving in Dallas as the centerpiece of a blockbuster trade with the Boston Celtics on Dec. 19.

Coach Rick Carlisle declined to say who would replace Rondo as the starting point guard for Monday's game against the Timberwolves. His options are Devin Harris, J.J. Barea and Raymond Felton, a veteran who has been a starter most of his career but has played sparingly this season.

The Mavericks on Monday also recalled guard Ricky Ledo, who was averaging 16.0 points and 3.8 assists for the Texas Legends of the NBA Development League.

"We've just got to make it work with the guys that we have available in these situations, and we will," Carlisle said. "This is part of the challenge of an NBA season."
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...a-timberwolves

Speaking of which - where's the GDT?

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:59 PM   #800
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Im a little interested in seeing felton with the starting unit.
Me too. Dude looked solid (but not great) when he played with our starters in preseason before getting injured. Since he's come back he's looked awful, but he's also only played with Greg Smith, Aminu, Jefferson, etc. With a decent accompanying cast, he could be alright.

Worst thing that can happen? He looks bad and we rotate to Harris at the 3-4 min mark instead of the usual 8 min mark and almost no damage done.

Best thing? He looks good going into the 19th trade deadline as trade bait (rather than dead weight) or shows that he can be a decent contributor a la Nelson. Nelson wasn't fantastic, but his ability to hit a jumper and bring it up to pass it to Ellis was good enough to get Nelson some play.

Tags
goat offense, jameer nelson goat