Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-22-2019, 12:59 PM   #801
mavs531

mavs531 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Y’all can keep Vucecic....I’m not wasting money on him.
100% agreed

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
mavs531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2019, 01:39 PM   #802
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

If we were going to sign Vuc to be our top guy, then that would absolutely be a stupid move. I think some seem to forget that he would be our third best player which is exactly the type of role he should flourish in. I just can't believe anyone would be against a 20/12 center with a PER of 25.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:42 PM   #803
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
If we were going to sign Vuc to be our top guy, then that would absolutely be a stupid move. I think some seem to forget that he would be our third best player which is exactly the type of role he should flourish in. I just can't believe anyone would be against a 20/12 center with a PER of 25.
Smart logic, not to say other takes are not. That said, we should also imagine Vucevic with an elite PG and KP, easily the best front court partner Vuc has had in his career. (***edit: to clarify, this is absolutely to say that while the Magic were a playoff team, they are a very bad one and Vucevic shouldn't be judged on this one series alone)

There's a lot to like and a lot to not like. A lot to weigh when it comes to it and the discussion has been entertaining so far.

Last edited by saclare; 04-22-2019 at 01:43 PM.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:44 PM   #804
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I was talking to a couple of guys at work today about Vuc... He's not looking all that great in the playoffs, but he'd be your #3 guy on this team.. I'm not saying that signing him is the route I'd go, but keep that in mind...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:02 PM   #805
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Don't know why people say that. He's Orlando's best defender and fairly decent as a team defender. He's not amazing at man defense, but the NBA is about team defense and Vuc is Orlando's best. Other than guys getting into the heads of others (like Beverly is doing with Durant) the NBA has basically made it impossible for individual players to defend.
It is strange. Orlando has been pretty stout defensively this season as a team, and Vuc is a big part of that. In fantasy circles, the touts are always advising against using players against Orlando, because they tend to stifle production. Aaron Gorden is also a decent defender that I’ve seen people say is terrible as well.

Last edited by FreshJive; 04-22-2019 at 02:03 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:06 PM   #806
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

You can get scoring anywhere, so selling Vucevic as a #3 option isn’t doing it for me. The rebounding would be helpful, but even that seems to have evaporated in the playoffs. And his defense is trash, nothing anyone says is going to change what I’ve seen with my own eyes... None of that adds up to a guy you want to throw a chunk of your cap at this summer. Especially not after we just overpaid Powell. We have way too many needs and Vuc doesn’t cover enough of them to be worth the money that he’s gonna demand.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:20 PM   #807
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Can you get scoring anywhere? 20 ppg scorers don't grow on trees. 20 ppg centers are even rarer.

If your argument is that we should instead get KD, Kahwai, or Thompson...fine by me. Otherwise, he and Kemba are the next best players in line available this summer.

Brogdon and the rest of those next tier guys are decent but not needle moving players. The worst thing that can happen is to be stuck with two stars and bad role playing contracts. That's the OKC Thunder right there.

Old 04-22-2019, 02:33 PM   #808
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Can you get scoring anywhere? 20 ppg scorers don't grow on trees. 20 ppg centers are even rarer.

If your argument is that we should instead get KD, Kahwai, or Thompson...fine by me. Otherwise, he and Kemba are the next best players in line available this summer.

Brogdon and the rest of those next tier guys are decent but not needle moving players. The worst thing that can happen is to be stuck with two stars and bad role playing contracts. That's the OKC Thunder right there.
When you have a facilitator like Luka on your team, scoring will not be an issue IF your guys can hit wide open shots.

We need defense, grit, and 3 pt range. I would absolutely say no to Vuc for 2-3 role players that fit this need.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:11 PM   #809
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Any player looks like trash on a trash team.

Orlando is terrible and are only in the playoffs and above .500 because 2/3 of their games are against East teams.

They are also playing against the Raptors who are legitimately a top 5 team in the league and:
7th best offense
3rd best defense
9th best rebounding

I remember when people thought Dirk was bad because he was on a super sub-par team or playing against a tough defense.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-22-2019 at 03:11 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:58 PM   #810
mavs531

Quote:
I don't care if he's our third best player or what he did in the regular season. We're trying to win playoff games/championships. He's been a no show in these playoffs, when it counts. He looks timid and his confidence is gone. I don't want that. I don't care what he's done in the regular season. I've seen enough. I can judge off 1 series. Not worth it.

Last edited by mavs531; 04-22-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:01 PM   #811
mavs531

Just wanted to point out that the Unicorn followed P-Bev on Insta today [emoji136] just sayin lmao

Old 04-22-2019, 07:08 PM   #812
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Okc has a Westbrook problem.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:14 PM   #813
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Okc has a Westbrook problem.
Not a franchise player.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:36 PM   #814
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Boy there are some strong takes in this thread.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:34 PM   #815
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Vuc would without a doubt put us at bottom of the league in pace. We were pretty slow once we traded the starters away. I don’t think that’d change adding Vuc. We need quickness around Luka/KP.

If we didn’t have KP I would absolutely want to go after Vuc.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:08 AM   #816
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs531 View Post
I don't care if he's our third best player or what he did in the regular season. We're trying to win playoff games/championships. He's been a no show in these playoffs, when it counts. He looks timid and his confidence is gone. I don't want that. I don't care what he's done in the regular season. I've seen enough. I can judge off 1 series. Not worth it.

Like how fucking stupid is this?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:46 AM   #817
mavs531

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Like how fucking stupid is this?
What is there to talk about? Vuc has had 1 good game in this series with the other 3 totaling rebounds of 5, 6, and 8. You want THAT production in the playoffs next to KP??? Why? Not only that, his whole game has been terrible. Pretty evident to me, not stupid at all. Any true basketball fan would see how timid he is out there right now in games where it counts.

Last edited by mavs531; 04-23-2019 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:48 AM   #818
mavs531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Vuc would without a doubt put us at bottom of the league in pace. We were pretty slow once we traded the starters away. I don’t think that’d change adding Vuc. We need quickness around Luka/KP.

If we didn’t have KP I would absolutely want to go after Vuc.
Completely agree with you on that. Glad you brought that up. Also liked that you mentioned if we didn't have KP, then you'd definitely take Vuc. For sure. I keep knocking his game but only because I don't think its worth the money and because he's just not what we need as far as quickness and strength and what we need surrounding our future in Luka and KP. I feel like we can find better value, spending less money and targeting specific needs.

Last edited by mavs531; 04-23-2019 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:10 AM   #819
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

We absolutely should not overpay for a traditional center. Guys like Gasol, Horford, Valanciunas, Ed Davis, Javale McGee, etc. should all be available and we should explore whichever one of them is cheapest to pair with Pat Bev and a wing (Brogdon, who may be odd man out due to cost because of emergence of Sterling Brown). Stretch waive Lee and that leaves you with:

Brunson - Pat Bev - JJB or Harris
Brogdon - THJ - 2nd Round pick (Thybulle ����
Luka - Jackson - DFS
KP - Kleber - Kostas
Ed Davis - Powell - Salah

Last edited by tap2390; 04-23-2019 at 07:11 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:42 AM   #820
hcer

hcer is on a distinguished road

So, I registered just to show what people from a true basketball country hope to happen.

Vucevic stats per 36: 10.1 19.4 .518 1.2 3.3 .364 8.8 16.1 .549 2.6 3.3 .789 3.2 10.6 13.8 4.4 1.2 1.3 2.3 2.3 23.9 - certainly not bad, majority of his shots come from mid range hooks and he will be expensive this summer since he is an all star.

Compare that to Valanciunas stats per 36: 9.9 17.8 .559 0.5 1.6 .292 9.5 16.2 .586 4.9 6.1 .795 3.5 10.3 13.8 2.3 0.6 1.7 3.0 4.8 25.2 - more efficient, can be really efficient without too many shots (his raptors days), he is certainly better rim protector than Vucevic and he will certainly be cheaper than Vucci Mane this summer.

Mark Cuban, please make it happen, most popular team in Europe, no doubt.
hcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:28 AM   #821
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I guess if we are going to get silly and overreact to just the playoff output like Vuce then Ed Davis is out, he can't stay healthy and had a poor game 2 and 3. Dedmon and Kemba didn't even make the playoffs so they're also out.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #822
pocman

pocman has a spectacular aura aboutpocman has a spectacular aura aboutpocman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Well I guess if we are going to get silly and overreact to just the playoff output like Vuce then Ed Davis is out, he can't stay healthy and had a poor game 2 and 3. Dedmon and Kemba didn't even make the playoffs so they're also out.
This playoff, stats per 36min
- Ed Davis: 14pts @70%, 17 rbds
- Nik Vucevic: 14pts @40%, 9 rbds

Ok 4 games don't make a good representation of a player, but still those games are where it counts and the price difference is so massive that we have the rigt to ask questions
pocman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:41 AM   #823
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

You can run your offense through Vuc. You cant run it through Ed Davis.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:58 AM   #824
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
You can run your offense through Vuc. You cant run it through Ed Davis.
You don’t need to run your offense through the center position when you have Doncic and Porzingis on your roster... Davis bolsters our rebounding and defense next to KP — that’s all you need from a center. You can find scoring elsewhere.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:00 AM   #825
Underdog

Malcolm Brogdon and the Mavs: How much is too much?
https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/...mpression=true

Old 04-23-2019, 11:52 AM   #826
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
EDIT: I didnt know his max was 26-27million. In that case, 18-20 is as high as Id go.

Especially for a 50/40/90 guy

Last edited by Melonhead; 04-23-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #827
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd go as high as Josh Howard for Brogdon
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:14 PM   #828
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'd go as high as Josh Howard for Brogdon
The salary cap won’t let you go that high.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:38 PM   #829
mavs531

Quote:
You don’t need to run your offense through the center position when you have Doncic and Porzingis on your roster... Davis bolsters our rebounding and defense next to KP — that’s all you need from a center. You can find scoring elsewhere.
100% agree. Run our offense through Vuc??? What the heck??

Old 04-23-2019, 12:39 PM   #830
mavs531

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocman View Post
This playoff, stats per 36min

- Ed Davis: 14pts @70%, 17 rbds

- Nik Vucevic: 14pts @40%, 9 rbds

Ok 4 games don't make a good representation of a player, but still those games are where it counts and the price difference is so massive that we have the rigt to ask questions
Exactly!

Old 04-23-2019, 12:49 PM   #831
mavs531

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcer View Post
So, I registered just to show what people from a true basketball country hope to happen.

Vucevic stats per 36:10.119.4.5181.23.3.3648.816.1.5492.63.3.7893.21 0.613.84.41.21.32.32.323.9 - certainly not bad, majority of his shots come from mid range hooks and he will be expensive this summer since he is an all star.

Compare that to Valanciunas stats per 36:9.917.8.5590.51.6.2929.516.2.5864.96.1.7953.510 .313.82.30.61.73.04.825.2 - more efficient, can be really efficient without too many shots (his raptors days), he is certainly better rim protector than Vucevic and he will certainly be cheaper than Vucci Mane this summer.

Mark Cuban, please make it happen, most popular team in Europe, no doubt.
I would not mind this! Would take him over Vuc. His problem is always staying healthy but I'd risk it over overpaying vuc.

Old 04-23-2019, 04:40 PM   #832
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Game is 48min long. A regular season 82 games. KP is a 30-32min guy. Keep Lukas legs fresh for April/May.

I want a 3rd Go to Guy. The best we can get. Kawhi in a pipedream. Kemba would be more than fine. If Vuc is the best guy we can get, i want him....worst case as a Future trade asset
Old 04-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #833
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Game is 48min long. A regular season 82 games. KP is a 30-32min guy. Keep Lukas legs fresh for April/May.

I want a 3rd Go to Guy. The best we can get. Kawhi in a pipedream. Kemba would be more than fine. If Vuc is the best guy we can get, i want him....worst case as a Future trade asset
This seems to be the separator in the two groups here. One is adamant about a 3rd star. The other is looking for depth with a focus on defense. I lean in favor of the second group unless you are talking about the tier 1 guys - KD/Leonard, etc.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:50 PM   #834
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
This seems to be the separator in the two groups here. One is adamant about a 3rd star. The other is looking for depth with a focus on defense. I lean in favor of the second group unless you are talking about the tier 1 guys - KD/Leonard, etc.
Bingo. If I'm spending the bulk of our cap on ONE guy, it's gonna be a no-brainer like Durant, Kawhi, or Klay. Add one of those studs, and vet min players will jump on board to fill out the rest of the roster... But Vucevic or Kemba? They cost almost as much, but don't have the same gravity to pull in the talent to plug up the rest of our holes. I'd rather move down to the next tier and spread the money around so that we don't have to rely on guys like Powell or Harden Jr. playing in the starting lineup.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-23-2019 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:01 PM   #835
Underdog

Quote:

No, worst case is that Vucevic plays like he did in the playoffs and we're stuck with an untradable contract... It's not like he's got some amazing track record as a player -- he's good, but he just nabbed his first All-Star selection after 8 seasons in the league (in the depleted East, no less). I could see Brogdon putting up the same PPG in a year or two for less money, and far more efficiently.

If I'm choosing between Vucevic or Kemba versus a combination of, say, Brogdon/Davis/Seth or Bogdanovic/Dedmon/Bev, then I'm gonna put my money on the latter.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:58 PM   #836
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
No, worst case is that Vucevic plays like he did in the playoffs and we're stuck with an untradable contract... It's not like he's got some amazing track record as a player -- he's good, but he just nabbed his first All-Star selection after 8 seasons in the league (in the depleted East, no less)
Its not really fair to judge Vuc just with this playoff series and forget how he played the entire season. He goes up again Gasol/Ibaka/Siakam/Kawhi....and who runs the Magic offense? Freaking DJ Augustin and Carter-Williams. Means you are pretty much fucked as abig guy depending on getting the ball delivered.

But like you said, everyone has a different approach. I prefer the third main guy.

Last edited by sefant77; 04-23-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:17 PM   #837
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, worst case is that Vucevic plays like he did in the playoffs and we're stuck with an untradable contract... It's not like he's got some amazing track record as a player -- he's good, but he just nabbed his first All-Star selection after 8 seasons in the league (in the depleted East, no less). I could see Brogdon putting up the same PPG in a year or two for less money, and far more efficiently.

If I'm choosing between Vucevic or Kemba versus a combination of, say, Brogdon/Davis/Seth or Bogdanovic/Dedmon/Bev, then I'm gonna put my money on the latter.
Choosing between vuce or Kemba vs a combo of 3rd tier guys is fair and logical, no dispute.

It's a bit of a stretch to worry that Vuce new level of play, along side Luka and KP would be like it was in the last 4 games. Toronto is one of the saltiest teams in the league and they had plenty of time to focus on Orlando who barely eeked into the playoffs in a week East...but that's not Vuce fault. Can he carry a team of semi scrubs over a top 3 team? Obviously not.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:32 PM   #838
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Brogdon would be a much much better use of resources than Vucevic.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:58 PM   #839
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
That's the point... People can go on & on about how Vucevic might fit with this team, but he still doesn't excite me as much as an efficient, high-end glue guy like Brogdon (regardless of price)... It's 2019 -- you don't max out an offensively-minded center in a league where the reigning champs don't even NEED a center (regardless of signing Boogie).

Last edited by Underdog; 04-23-2019 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:06 PM   #840
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Not if he costs in the 17-20 mil range. He would be a lot more attractive if he wasn't restricted.

Tags
win now