Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-26-2007, 08:43 AM   #801
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
did you also notice that in the future Sylar was being remembered as a dead hero?...I found that interesting.
ack! I totally missed that. I guess I'll watch it again.
There was also a couple hints that the gov. would embark on an "eliminate the mutants" campaign. Maybe Sylar was a hero for the people that were for that.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #802
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
800 posts for heroes...what has the wold come to...
First explain what the wold is and then I will tell you if I can.... I'm sure I could google it but I'm too lazy.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:11 PM   #803
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
First explain what the wold is and then I will tell you if I can.... I'm sure I could google it but I'm too lazy.
touche.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #804
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how long they can milk the shapeshiftinghottie. Using her too much is going to become way too obvious. Although I have to admit, they completely had me when they had her posing as Niki with Micah.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:01 PM   #805
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
I don't know how long they can milk the shapeshiftinghottie. Using her too much is going to become way too obvious. Although I have to admit, they completely had me when they had her posing as Niki with Micah.
"not I" said the pig.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-30-2007, 09:04 PM   #806
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Now that was just good television
Old 04-30-2007, 10:01 PM   #807
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Now that was just good television
Yep - the alternative character developments were amazing!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #808
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

You can tell the writers were having fun with a timeline that didn't matter....how many did they kill off? Claire, Nathan, the Hatian, Hiro.... lol

Really solid episode.

And now we know what Hiro must do.... but what does that have to do with stopping the bomb?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:08 PM   #809
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Wow. I can't believe how great that was.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 PM   #810
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

that was just a great hour of TV. loved when nathan was revealed to be sylar (although that was somewhat alluded to in sylar's oval office painting last week).

so sylar has killed the following people in the last 5 years - nathan, DL, shape-changing girl (forget her name), claire, Ted, am i missing anyone?

Peter was just a badass.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:43 PM   #811
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
that was just a great hour of TV. loved when nathan was revealed to be sylar (although that was somewhat alluded to in sylar's oval office painting last week).

so sylar has killed the following people in the last 5 years - nathan, DL, shape-changing girl (forget her name), claire, Ted, am i missing anyone?

Peter was just a badass.
I forgot about DL...good observation. that was certainly alluded to wasn't it?

Man this S*** is going to be crazy.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:45 PM   #812
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

you know, the entire plot line was a huge x-men rip-off, but i didn't give a shit. this one episode was light years better than any of the x-men movies. and it didn't even have close to the same special effects. hell, we didn't actually even SEE peter and sylar fight. but it was still bad-ass.

and i found the shapeshifting girl's name - candace.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:47 PM   #813
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

What happened in the first 20 minutes? I missed it... I started watching about when future hiro got tazered and peter saved him
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:50 PM   #814
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:

and i found the shapeshifting girl's name - candace.
Her name is hotty Mc'Hotness

And this episode was greatness. The only question I have left about this show, is when in the hell does the DVD come out?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:37 AM   #815
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

DL got mentioned along with the reference to Molly Walker, who I'd totally forgotten about. I love how this show doesn't forget stuff. HRG (who is btw no longer HRG! those glasses weren't horn-rimmed anymore! sadness!) says to Matt something about giving up DL, Molly & Candace. Molly Walker is the little girl from Episode 2 that Matt rescued the first time his power showed up. Molly's dad is also the one that had the ice power that Sylar used on Claire, I'm assuming so she couldn't spontaneously heal (like Peter did when he tried to kill him), & then used against Peter's fire (from when he met Claire's mom at some point??) in the end. Nifty.

I still hate Niki in the future, plus she's more useless than ever. So...what? Jessica is dead(?), does that mean Niki doesn't have a power at all? Yawn.

Just an exceptionally done one-episode what-if. This show is so awesome. I simultaneously can't wait to see the last 3 episodes & dread that this season is going to be over soon.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:13 AM   #816
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

ok, maybe this is just a plot hole, but can somebody explain this:

Future Hiro travels back in time to tell Peter Petrelli to save Claire, presumably because in the future timeline Sylar kills Claire and absorbs her power there by making her invincible when Hiro tries to kill him in the past.

So with that in mind, how can Claire still be alive in the future timeline? And why does Sylar need her powers?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:14 AM   #817
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

oh and worth noting:

Brunette Claire >>>>>>>>>>>>> Blonde Claire.

Thank you.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:15 AM   #818
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

great observations, ames7! I thought Peter's fire came from radioactiveman, though.

Sylar is going to have to survive at least till next season, right? He's too good a badguy to be killed off. It's funny how what he's doing is so evil in this show, but was something we rooted for in (and was the entire premise of) the Highlander series.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 AM   #819
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
oh and worth noting:

Brunette Claire >>>>>>>>>>>>> Blonde Claire.

Thank you.
My wife was not happy with me for vehemently proclaiming this last night...
Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 AM   #820
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
ok, maybe this is just a plot hole, but can somebody explain this:

Future Hiro travels back in time to tell Peter Petrelli to save Claire, presumably because in the future timeline Sylar kills Claire and absorbs her power there by making her invincible when Hiro tries to kill him in the past.

So with that in mind, how can Claire still be alive in the future timeline? And why does Sylar need her powers?
Sylar needs her powers cause they are cool. I think by saving the cheerleaders life, Sylar didn't get her powers, so when Hiro stabbed her, Sylar would have died - but 1) Hiro went to the future, so wasn't there to stab him, or 2) Peter was the one that blew up (and future Hiro didn't know that. Maybe at somepoint he'll figure it out, and then go back to stab Peter instead of Hiro)

My "plot-hole" question is: why would future Hiro have to send past Hiro back to stab Sylar? Why not just go back and do it himself?
Old 05-01-2007, 09:49 AM   #821
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
DL got mentioned along with the reference to Molly Walker, who I'd totally forgotten about. I love how this show doesn't forget stuff. HRG (who is btw no longer HRG! those glasses weren't horn-rimmed anymore! sadness!) says to Matt something about giving up DL, Molly & Candace. Molly Walker is the little girl from Episode 2 that Matt rescued the first time his power showed up. Molly's dad is also the one that had the ice power that Sylar used on Claire, I'm assuming so she couldn't spontaneously heal (like Peter did when he tried to kill him), & then used against Peter's fire (from when he met Claire's mom at some point??) in the end. Nifty.

ames, i saw the peter/sylar fight in the hallway as them both using Ted's powers. Remember, Ted can glow white ("burn bright, not hot") in addition to orange. I do agree that it looked like sylar froze claire (it wasn't obvious, but she was turning blue as sylar opened her head).

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-01-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:02 AM   #822
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

so when peter comes in contact with sylar, why doesnt he absorb all of sylars powers...thus making peter the more powerful one

and has peter not tried to go back in time?

I guess when a tv show messes with this many powers there are bound to be some loose ends. thats okay I forgive you Heroes.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 05-01-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:14 AM   #823
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Sylar must have something to do with the explosion, right? Or else why would Peter be willing to help Hiro go back to kill Sylar to stop the explosion?

man, this show is cool.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #824
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ninkobei, i think that's because peter may not have the same experience with the powers that their natural owner has. they've had years to perfect their powers. After all, present-time hiro isn't great at time traveling yet. Peter is probably not sure where he'd end up.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #825
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

hiro didn't stab Slyar, he stabbed peter, who was probably disguised as Sylar by Sylar or Candace...
Old 05-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #826
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

huh?

in the original timeline (where Future Hiro did not go back in time to tell peter about the cheerleader - which is annoying, because Hiro obviously knew her name - why not say "save claire bennett"), peter never met claire, so sylar killed her and took her power.

hiro stabbed sylar before he could go off as the bomb (apparently sylar killed Ted as well), but since he had claire's power, he regenerated and still exploded.

but that has all been made moot because peter has now saved claire. now we're looking to the buildup as to why peter becomes the bomb instead.

It seemed that everyone in this future timeline was surprised that peter was alive (well, sylar, parkman, and mohinder, at least). i guess they all thought he died with the bomb?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:42 AM   #827
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

"Save Claire Bennett, Save the World"

Doesn't have quite the same ring to it
Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #828
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
It seemed that everyone in this future timeline was surprised that peter was alive (well, sylar, parkman, and mohinder, at least). i guess they all thought he died with the bomb?
What they need is a giant machine with which one of the "special" people (maybe someone like Parkman, but more powerful?) can at any one time see where in the world are all the other individual "special" people, just by virtue of their brainwaves. Now from what set of stories could they steal such a machine?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #829
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

hmmm, that is a completely original idea! then no one would be surprised.

maybe Professor S could use such a machine, but he doesn't have any powers...
Old 05-01-2007, 12:59 PM   #830
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
maybe Professor S could use such a machine, but he doesn't have any powers...
well, there is his super-genius level of idiocy. I mean seriously, how many times can one genius be unwittingly used by the same bad guy in a single lifetime? It's, it's . . . uncanny. I guess he does have the name for it.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 05-01-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:03 PM   #831
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i got this from another board, but thought it was funny. Suresh has the power of superfluous exposition.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #832
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Who was the chic working with HRG trying to help the good "mutants" or whatever Heroes calls them? Is that the chic that who could type using her brain? Did they just write that character out of the show?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #833
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

that was her. Hana.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #834
ames7
Diamond Member

My DVR cut out before next week's promo. Heard it looks awesome...maybe I'm missing it, I can't find it on the NBC website, anyone know if it's online anywhere?
Old 05-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #835
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
you know, the entire plot line was a huge x-men rip-off, but i didn't give a shit. this one episode was light years better than any of the x-men movies. .
X2 was pretty dang solid.

great show last night...how fun an idea: "What If"...very cool.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #836
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Smallville is better imo.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #837
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
blaspheme!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:07 PM   #838
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
dumb

Old 05-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #839
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
dumb
Yo momma! Haha, its just hard for me to get into Heroes since i haven't seen it since the beginning and i've watched smallville since 7th grade (season 1). So yeah, i'm pretty much a hardcore smallville fan.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #840
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

last nights episode blew my mind
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote