Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #801
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Yeah, he was solid. Above solid, to be honest. I had been complaining about his lack of dominance, his velocity being down and his off speed stuff not being effective? Well, his velocity was up a little and his off speed stuff was deadly. The ten K's prove that.
Whatever CJ and Mike Maddux are doing together, it is working. And I am enjoying the results.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #802
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

We give Feldman a 2-0 lead, and he gives it up by the next inning. We give Feldman a 5-2 lead, and he gives it up two innings later. I hate you Feldman so much. Go away.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #803
mavspwnage
Golden Member

How the hell was Nippert okay after that? Does he have a head of steel? Holy shit man, that ball hit him full on, side of the head. Holy shit.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #804
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still scared to death over the rest of the season for CJ. He's been a low strikeout guy all year and even when he finally ramps of the K's he still walks five guys.

He's crazy talented so maybe he'll continue to make adjustments, but his workload combined with his crazy high walk rate is very concerning.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #805
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
We give Feldman a 2-0 lead, and he gives it up by the next inning. We give Feldman a 5-2 lead, and he gives it up two innings later. I hate you Feldman so much. Go away.
i got a feeling that when holland is ready, feldman is taking a hike to tripleA.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #806
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
i got a feeling that when holland is ready, feldman is taking a hike to tripleA.
Either that or the bullpen.

PS- NELLIE HOME RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 PM   #807
mavspwnage
Golden Member

WIN!

First win in Detroit since Sept 2007.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #808
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Wow!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #809
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I am so loving the Ranger love around the metroplex. Not that I've been a die hard, because I haven't. You can call me a bandwagon baseball supporter.... but it's fun watching what the guys are doing this year.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #810
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't followed baseball closely in years. I watched a whole bunch of Rangers games a couple weeks ago but they lost every game I watched. And now that I stopped they started winning again so maybe I should just stay out of this.
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:09 AM   #811
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Those poor, poor Tigers fans. First, they have to live in the smoldering rubble of the decimated hovel that is the city of Detroit, and now....Nellie Cruz's boomstick.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:19 AM   #812
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, my favorite comment over at Lone Star Ball tonight...

"F#$k you, Chris Davis, you piece of sh!t mother f$%ker"
Old 07-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #813
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
And I still don't think you can completely count out Harrison. He was pretty fantastic tonight. Maybe it was just a fluke. But if tonight was any indication that he's "clicking" again, we're going to have some healthy competition for the 5th spot in the rotation.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:33 AM   #814
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
I am so loving the Ranger love around the metroplex. Not that I've been a die hard, because I haven't. You can call me a bandwagon baseball supporter.... but it's fun watching what the guys are doing this year.
Well as a die-hard fan, this is truly awesome for me. I love me some Ranger baseball.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #815
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Davis was 0-7 tonight and is now .169 on the season. Yeesh. I wonder if maybe it's time to start thinking about stopgaps at 1B.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:54 AM   #816
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Davis was 0-7 tonight and is now .169 on the season. Yeesh. I wonder if maybe it's time to start thinking about stopgaps at 1B.
They could put an orange traffic cone on the bag with a mitt attached to it...
Old 07-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #817
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Hasn't Murphy played some 1st in his past? Did he really suck in the field? I'd think we could get a game out of him at that position from time to time.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #818
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I REALLY want this guy to succeed but damn, what is his friggin problem. How can he dominate AAA and just be C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E-L-Y lost at the MLB level? He needs a mind transplant because this shit has to be all mental. It isn't like every pitcher he faced last night was great.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #819
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot understand Davis either. Smoak for that matter while he was here was doing the same thing.

Why can't a Texas 1st baseman hit this year. Crash not just strikes out too much, but can't buy a hit when he does hit it hard.

I don't know what it is, but Crash needs to get out of it. I don't think they need to make a change though till they start losing. If and I do mean IF he comes out of it - he was pretty good that one year when they brought him up.

Frustrating though for sure.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #820
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Smoak was at least working pitchers very well and drawing walks. He was also making good contact with the ball and getting somewhat unlucky with his results.

Davis....just sucks. Period. I've lost all hope.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-20-2010 at 10:18 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #821
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Smoak was at least working pitchers very well and drawing walks. He was also making good contact with the ball and getting somewhat unlucky with his results.

Davis....just sucks. Period. I've lost all hope.
I still have that Nelson Cruz hope - same situation really. At some point it is just going to click and he is going to THINK he deserves to be up at the highest level. There just seems to be a mental block with the guy right now. Maybe I am just being overly optimistic because I want him to succeed so bad. I don't know.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #822
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

it's all mental with Davis. i don't see him succeeding here, but then again, the Nelly situation gives me hope that some day he can get it going. We shall see. Imagine if we had a first baseman that was even hitting .250-270. that'd be spectacular at this point.

And yeah, whoever mentioned Harrison as a number 5 has a good point. He was spectacular last night. I hope he can get it together and stay healthy...when he does/is, he's a very effective pitcher.

Last edited by mkat; 07-20-2010 at 01:34 PM.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #823
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Davis has the hitting yips...even when he hits its hard it goes straight to the infielder

He is not getting under the ball enough to even get a sac fly...the guy left like 7 men on base last night

good grief
Old 07-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #824
mavspwnage
Golden Member

CJ Wilson gave an interview for Baseball Prospectus. It is a great read:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=11518
Old 07-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #825
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Chris Davis struck out.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #826
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Hunter keeps giving them GREAT stuff.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #827
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Davis with the double.

All u haters need chill.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #828
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Davis with the double.

All u haters need chill.
you're a little late with the "chill"...its not like the hate hasn't been totally deserved. I'm all for the kid making it, but he needs to prove it quickly...he has been given plenty of chances.

What a gem of a game tonight.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 07-20-2010 at 08:51 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #829
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

OMG he hit a double? Awesome. Now he's only 1-10 in his last 10 AB's. Stellar.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #830
mavspwnage
Golden Member

The Rangers played beautiful baseball tonight. Great hitting, great pitching, great defense.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #831
mavspwnage
Golden Member

I think an awesome Rangers shirt would be a cartoon picture of Chuck Norris, with a fist coming out of his beard and the Rangers logo on his fist.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #832
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Chris Davis made me eat crow tonite....unfortunately the Angels are spanking the yanks
Old 07-20-2010, 09:41 PM   #833
Mav Addict
Golden Member

One of the most complete wins I've seen all season...hopefully they stay in THIS zone against the Angels

Man, I love me some Elvis!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #834
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Hunter keeps giving them GREAT stuff.
i don't know where he came from, but DAMN. love that guy. he's becoming one of my favorites. Big Game Hunter indeed.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #835
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Cy Hunter
Old 07-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #836
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Yay.

Josh for triple crown! No one would have believed that the first couple months of the season, but he's right in the running.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #837
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Yankees beat the Angels 10-6.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #838
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Its like the Halos and Rangers are holding hands
Old 07-21-2010, 10:02 PM   #839
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

That was deflating.

4 hits and 2 errors?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #840
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Rangers-Angels coming up. After this series, the division lead will be at one of these four:

1 game
3 games
5 games
7 games
9 games

Pitching matchups:

Thursday: Jered Weaver (9-5, 3.16) vs Cliff Lee (8-4, 2.59)
Friday: Joe Saunders (6-9, 4.83) vs CJ Wilson (8-5, 3.23)
Saturday: Ervin Santana (8-7, 3.63) vs Scott Feldman (5-8, 5.48)
Sunday: Sean O'Sullivan (1-0, 2.08) vs Tommy Hunter (7-0, 2.09)

I am praying Washington sees the light and takes Feldman out of the rotation for at least this series. This is too important to continue rolling him out there, and watching him fail every time. He is bringing down our entire team and it's time we moved him to the bullpen or sent him down. The Rangers have a legit 1-4 rotation. I'd argue that it's one of the best in the majors. And that makes me hate Feldman even more. His numbers are bad, but they look even more awful when you look at how the rest of the starters are doing. After Matt Harrison's great relief performance a couple days ago, I'd honestly give him the start this Saturday. It might backfire, but it's worth the risk because we all know the Angels will just destroy Feldman anyway.

I like the other three pitching matchups. I think Lee will look more like he did in the Boston game than he did vs the O's. I trust CJ more and more every day, and we should be able to pound Saunders like we always do, especially at our park. The last game features two pitchers with low ERAs, but Hunter has a much larger sample size to go with that.

Tags
americas sucktime, blindhomerparade, cadban knows dick, feldman=failman, flaco=ultimate pessimist, fluffy blows so harden, magic # = 0, playoff bound