Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #801
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
My dad and I have tickets for game 5. So no sweep.
That would be Rangers baseball in November.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 10-22-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2010, 11:23 PM   #802
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Congratulations fellow Rangers' (Dallas sports) fans. You guys deserve this.
jleefilled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #803
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That Nellie Cruz home run, even more than the Vladdy double was just an incredible special moment. Huge. Quickly.

TBS finally got something right...the post game coverage. It was outstanding, and I'm so happy for everyone in attendance.

The Rangers are going to be f%#king rolling in dough, btw.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #804
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
That Nellie Cruz home run, even more than the Vladdy double was just an incredible special moment. Huge. Quickly.
Tom Grieve in an interview said the sound of the crowd when Nellie Cruz hit the homer was deafening. That he felt like he could hear forty years of history culminating into that moment.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #805
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:

TBS finally got something right...the post game coverage. It was outstanding, and I'm so happy for everyone in attendance.

The Rangers are going to be f%#king rolling in dough, btw.
Greenberg, Ryan, Simpson, and Davis walked into a cash machine.

I don't really have much to say. I'm basking in the emotion right now.

The Academy on Bryant Irvin on I-20 had a shipping error and didn't get any men's AL Champions shirts in.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:47 PM   #806
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in a glass case of emotion!

I just stopped a few minutes ago to really comprehend and ponder what's happening. The Rangers are 4 wins out of 7 from it ALL.

I've had this feeling before. I think it was 2006... I remember how awesome it was.

This has been a magical run. Something to be savored. And damn it...now that they're here....Why settle? Why not just GET IT DONE. please.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-22-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:48 PM   #807
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Suddenly I care about the outcome of the All-Star game....That is absurd.

And that's why it's great to be able to start our machine gun on the road.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #808
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

IS THIS REAL LIFE?!?!?! YES!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my god oh my god.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #809
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if you'll be able to buy an official hat with the WS logo on the side? I'd rather have that than the AL Champs hat.

I have to have one of those shirts though. They have the claw and antlers on them. How awesome is that?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-22-2010 at 11:53 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:05 AM   #810
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Soak it all up folks.

As Mavericks fans you realize how special it is. How rare.

Incredible. That Josh interview had me in sports tears on the couch while my wife laughed at me.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:05 AM   #811
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I wonder if you'll be able to buy an official hat with the WS logo on the side? I'd rather have that than the AL Champs hat.

I have to have one of those shirts though. They have the claw and antlers on them. How awesome is that?
Saw this hat over at LSB... I pretty much think this is a must have.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:08 AM   #812
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Soak it all up folks.

As Mavericks fans you realize how special it is. How rare.

Incredible. That Josh interview had me in sports tears on the couch while my wife laughed at me.
Me too. Well not the wife thing, I was still at my dad's house for that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-23-2010, 12:12 AM   #813
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Eric Nadel's call of the final out: http://www.bbtia.com/the-clubhouse/2...medium=twitter
Old 10-23-2010, 12:23 AM   #814
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

woohoo!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #815
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Some post game celebration video: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...ion-video.html
Old 10-23-2010, 01:30 AM   #816
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Grats, guys!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:39 AM   #817
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
someone make a gif of this please.

Yup. That happened.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:40 AM   #818
mavspwnage
Golden Member

^ awesome!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 01:51 AM   #819
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Now the question is this: what does Washington do with Vladdy for Games 1 and 2? There is no DH so that's a tough call. He started to get it going late in the ALCS so it's hard to take that bat away. But do you play him in the OF and risk his D? It is painful watching him run after fly balls.

I think if we face the Giants, then you absolutely have to sit Vlad for Game 1. Lincecum's nasty changeups in the dirt is exactly the kind of pitch that would completely own him. I don't see him having any success vs Lincecum at all.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #820
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post

Yup. That happened.
When I saw Bengie give the signal for the breaking ball, my eyes just about popped out of my head. Molina is one of the best at calling a game that I can remember. Genius. How perfect it was for the last out to come down to a strikeout of A-Rod, a guy who embodies everything this organization isn't about any more.

Last edited by ribosoma; 10-23-2010 at 09:38 AM.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #821
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta ticket for game 3. I'm praying for cold weather. How cool will it be to need a coat at a rangers game?
Old 10-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #822
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Gotta ticket for game 3. I'm praying for cold weather. How cool will it be to need a coat at a rangers game?
Got game 3 tickets too. Wondering if I'll be able to sport my new old stock vintage rangers jacket I got on eBay last year, finally.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #823
mavspwnage
Golden Member

I have tickets to Game 3 also, section 52, right next to the hill. I got them over a week ago. And I just looked on stubhub and saw that tickets are going for an outrageous amount. Like $800 a seat in that section. And I paid $75 for them.

Last edited by mavspwnage; 10-23-2010 at 11:36 AM.
mavspwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #824
mavspwnage
Golden Member

It's funny that if the Giants make the WS, Molina gets a ring no matter who wins. lol
Old 10-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #825
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Life is good.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #826
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I got wasted last night courtesy of the Rangers.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #827
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk5wXdKVemM

!!!

Old 10-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #828
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I can't stop grinning watching this video.

I just love the volume of the crowd as they walk out. The hi-fiving, the vuvuzela, it's all just fantastic.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #829
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOD I KNOW I AM LATE TO THE PARTY BUT I HAVE HAD NUMEROUS DRINKS, SHED SOME TEARS, SMOKED ABOUT 4 GREAT CIGARS, A FEW HOURS OF SLEEP, SOME MORE DRINKS, got brought down as UT lost to the 121st ranked team in college football, REMEMBERED THE RANGERS WERE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES, HAD SOME MORE DRINKS, AND DECIDED TO CHECK IN WITH MY DM.COM CREW...

All I can think to say (other than WE ARE IN THE GD WORLD SERIES BABY) is where the hell is that turd Cadbane with that "Rangers are weak and play in the crappiest division in baseball" BS??? We just beat the two best teams in the AL in a 5 and 7 game series and we are in the WORLD SERIES!!!

Now let's finish the job and beat whoever is brave enough to hit the field with this incredible TEAM.

IT'S TIME!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #830
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
All I can think to say (other than WE ARE IN THE GD WORLD SERIES BABY) is where the hell is that turd Cadbane with that "Rangers are weak and play in the crappiest division in baseball" BS??? We just beat the two best teams in the AL in a 5 and 7 game series and we are in the WORLD SERIES!!
Lol. Negative Nancy at his finest.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #831
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

So I'm watching the NLCS to get an idea of what our opponent will be like, whoever it turns out to be. I know better than to predict a Series victory based on this, but the NL is a joke. It's a circus out there. Wild pitchers, sloppy fielders, harmless hitters... it doesn't compare to the quality baseball I witnessed in the ALDS and ALCS.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #832
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Peter Gammons on our Rangers
Old 10-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #833
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Giants are six outs away from winning the Barney League.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #834
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see the Giants finish it tonight. Let's get
this party started asafp.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #835
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Ryan Howard strikes out looking, just like A-Rod did.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #836
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Rangers-Giants. Let's dooooo this.

Deer v. Beard.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #837
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
Deer v. Beard.
Fear the Beard! Brian Wilson walks two in the ninth, one more than Cliff Lee has in 24 postseason innings.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:54 PM   #838
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Fear the Beard! Brian Wilson walks two in the ninth, one more than Cliff Lee has in 24 postseason innings.
He hasn't been the same since Pet Sounds.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:05 AM   #839
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I just saw two interviews with this bearded idiot character.... Never heard of the guy before tonight but now I am intrigued as to just what exactly is wrong with him. What a douche.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:53 AM   #840
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Bring on the Giants!!!