Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #841
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well you can scratch TB off the list.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #842
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to send some presents to Darren Sproles. What a bad ass.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #843
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The frustrating thing about the Cowboys is that it's all about discipline. When they play relatively disciplined ball, they are as good as anyone. When they don't, they're very vulnerable. Unfortunately, they're disciplined about 35-40% of the time.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:43 PM   #844
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Chargers win. Cowboys officially control their own destiny again. Beat Philly and we're in.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #845
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Ben R
2 ints
2 fumbles

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #846
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone seen the Steelers D ?
Old 12-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #847
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The Iggles are shockingly bad.

Seriously...they can't protect McNabb from the freaking Red Skins? The Cowboys are going to sack him 6 or 7 times next week.

DeSean Jackson hurt...Westbrook hurt... the Cowboys are going to the ploayoffs. book it.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 12-21-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #848
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

Seriously...they can't protect McNabb from the freaking Red Skins? The Cowboys are going to sack him 6 or 7 times next week.

DeSean Jackson hurt...Westbrook hurt... the Cowboys are going to the ploayoffs. book it.
Redskins got pressure/sacks because the great coverage. If they had any real elite pass rushers, the Redskins defense would jump to the next level. However, the cornerbacks/safties are the backbone of the defense.

Different kind of defense than those like the Cowboys where the front four are the key to defensive stops.

Plus, the Redskins got a bit lucky with some key drops by Jackson, which may have been caused by Landry knocking the sense out of him earlier.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:44 PM   #849
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The Broncos are going to have their behinds handed to them next week. They had plenty of chances to wrap it up and now they have nowhere to run. The Chargers would still be a scary team to play in the playoffs. The defense and run game has been a problem for them but it's hard to count out a guy like LT.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:16 AM   #850
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

and this is coming from mister negative

book it, guys.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:11 AM   #851
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

It's vintage flac, always downplaying the Cowboys competition. So if they end up winning, they "shoulda" won against "lesser" competition. But if they lose, they suck and should be ashamed of themselves. It gets pretty old.

With that being said, I think D. Jackson had more drops against the Skins than TO does for the entire year (7 or 8)

Contact Me
Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #852
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
It's vintage flac, always downplaying the Cowboys competition. So if they end up winning, they "shoulda" won against "lesser" competition. But if they lose, they suck and should be ashamed of themselves. It gets pretty old.

With that being said, I think D. Jackson had more drops against the Skins than TO does for the entire year (7 or 8)
2 big ones. One would have set them up at the Washington 40. The other should have been a touchdown. I think he was a lil dazzed after Landry knocked the snot out of him earlier.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #853
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe I cheered for the Skins yesterday. I feel so ashamed of myself.

Shower time.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #854
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet they feel just as bad ending up HELPING the Cowboys...I bet it felt like a Dirty Win for them. They'll hope nobody wins that game next week.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #855
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboys Live to Die Another Day.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:12 PM   #856
alby
Guru

Book your tickets to Minnesota, New York, Charlotte, and Tampa Bay

Go Cowboys

Contact Me
Old 12-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #857
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Can't believe I cheered for the Skins yesterday. I feel so ashamed of myself.

Shower time.
You really didn't need to. The Eagles would have been only a half game ahead if they won. You slutted out for nothin!!
Old 12-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #858
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
You really didn't need to. The Eagles would have been only a half game ahead if they won. You slutted out for nothin!!
Yeah, but I still feel that this loss will leave the Eagles feeling a lot more down on their playoff chances than if they had won. So I'll take it regardless.

Although the one problem is that the Cowboys and Eagles play at noon. If we were playing the Sunday night game, one of the other teams could have already knocked the Eagles out by the time the game started, and thus they would have really had nothing to play for.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-22-2008 at 08:50 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #859
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Yeah, but I still feel that this loss will leave the Eagles feeling a lot more down on their playoff chances than if they had won. So I'll take it regardless.

Although the one problem is that the Cowboys and Eagles play at noon. If we were playing the Sunday night game, one of the other teams could have already knocked the Eagles out by the time the game started, and thus they would have really had nothing to play for.
They changed the gametime to 3:15, someone said.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:02 AM   #860
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well, to the Packer fan I would say....sucks to be you. Ultimately I think it was going to shape up that way with Favre or without him. This season Rodgers has under his belt might be an invaluable asset going forward.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:39 AM   #861
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I know it's still unlikely at this point...very unlikely..but it isn't CRAZY to think that Oakland COULD beat TB right? They are just completely reeling right now.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:20 AM   #862
LonghornDub

Quote:
I know it's still unlikely at this point...very unlikely..but it isn't CRAZY to think that Oakland COULD beat TB right? They are just completely reeling right now.
It's possible. They've got a great secondary, and the Bucs don't have much of a running offense to play away from that.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:37 AM   #863
alby
Guru

Show me what you got Run DMC, maybe i'll keep you for next year.

Contact Me
Old 12-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #864
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I agree w LDub, it's on the Oakland Offense because that D can shut TB down.

Plus ALL the pressure is on Run DMC, he has his owner watching him to see if he should be kept next year....
Old 12-25-2008, 05:01 PM   #865
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

i have never liked favre but its amazing how far off the cliff hes fallen. it was always extremely foolish to list him among the top qbs of this year but at this point its hard to argue hes not one of the ten WORST starting qbs in the nfl.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:41 PM   #866
alby
Guru

Favre has always been overrated. Welcome to the ESPN era.

Contact Me
Old 12-28-2008, 01:51 PM   #867
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Wow the Giants don't give two sh$ts about this game. You can see it on their faces.

Cowboys @ Minnesota.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #868
BGMaverick9
Guru

I didn't really see why they would want to push hard...they're getting rest either way.

Minnesota is still a team I wouldn't want to face, then again...the Cowboys aren't really a team that you can trust right now.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #869
alby
Guru

Andre Johnson is a beast.

Contact Me
Old 12-28-2008, 02:16 PM   #870
BGMaverick9
Guru

Oakland and Buffalo could still fill the spoiler roles quite nicely.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:26 PM   #871
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Scary stuff in Pitt. Ben R has been laying on the field for like 20 minutes.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #872
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It's 66 degrees in Philadelphia???

Things are setting up nicely for a Cowboys blowout victory.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:40 PM   #873
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm not mistaken, the Atlanta/STL game (presently 17-14 Atlanta) has much bearing on our posteason schedule, should we defeat the Iggles as I expect us to do. Atlanta wins and they have the five spot, they lose and we do.

I'm keeping hope alive that we can meet Atlanta in the title game and host it at Texas Stadium.

In a Cowboys related note, Skyler Green fumbled a kickoff return that then went back for a score.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #874
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Chicago and Tampa look like they might fool around and give Phlly something to play for.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #875
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

What does Chicago have to do with Philly? I'm not familiar with that scenario.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #876
alby
Guru

David Carr sighting

Contact Me
Old 12-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #877
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Chicago is 9-6, same as Tampa. Both have to lose in order for Philly to get in with a win.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:54 PM   #878
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

TB is surging.

Interesting that they lose when Dallas needs them to and they'll win today when Dallas needs them to.

The Cowboys have a charmed life. Chic lies down today and they don't have to play in the cold next week either. Must be nice.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #879
alby
Guru

Cowboys own.

Contact Me
Old 12-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #880
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Chicago is 9-6, same as Tampa. Both have to lose in order for Philly to get in with a win.
Ohhh good point. That's right.

Doesn't matter though...It's Oakland. They're gonna lose.