Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-01-2006, 10:58 PM   #881
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
On Thomas's best night, Dirk is twice as good as he is. Literally.
no shit.

but what about Thomas compared with Van Horn? i think that's the better comparison.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #882
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
no shit.

but what about Thomas compared with Van Horn? i think that's the better comparison.
Ape....please. Don't get me started.

Btw, is there any truth to the rumor that KVH is getting an endorsement spot for the Gatorade "Is it in YOU?" campaign?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #883
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

It's like the Mavs have to fight the league, they have to fight the other teams and their coaches (except for Poppovich, Riley, Van Gundy, and Saunders), they have to fight the refs, they have to fight the media. Let's hope the Mavs can CONSISTENTLY dominate, and end all of this disrespect!
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:01 PM   #884
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ape....please. Don't get me started.

Btw, is there any truth to the rumor that KVH is getting an endorsement spot for the Gatorade "Is it in YOU?" campaign?
How do you feel Van Horn played tonight?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:01 PM   #885
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I hope not. That would be gay.
Nah, just hetero posing.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:01 PM   #886
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The better team always wins in a best of 7.

Mavs are destined for greatness. I can feel it.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #887
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Quote:
How do you feel Van Horn played tonight?
Not taking the bait tonight, Chum.

You are a master baiter, though.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 06-01-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #888
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

man, I hate to say it, but kvh is pretty much worthless out there. What happened to his game? Seriously, did what Kenyon Martin have to say about him affect him that much, because he is playing like martin described him.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #889
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
The better team always wins in a best of 7.

Mavs are destined for greatness. I can feel it.

I sure hope they can do it! I will be stressing until they do! Let's close out these Suns!
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #890
Drbio
Banned

Old 06-01-2006, 11:03 PM   #891
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

and I am a Keef supporter
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:03 PM   #892
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertx
Agree or andre miller or somebody else we can't keep jet, stack and van horn our iq really goes down with these guys.
I'll accept low BBall IQ from my swingman bench player,but not from my starting PG.

P.S. KVH should be taken around back and shot.

Would cassell sign for the MLE?
Though i would love to see him come for us,i dont think AJ would let Jet go that easily, chemistry is pretty big here.
I hope Jet askes for serious money so it'll make them look for replacements.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:03 PM   #893
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Not taking the your bait tonight, Chum.

*giggle*

Old 06-01-2006, 11:03 PM   #894
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha. master baiter. i seriously haven't heard that since 8th grade. but i love it.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #895
VinceYoung10

VinceYoung10 will become famous soon enough

Van Horn is the most invisible player I have ever seen in a playoff series.
VinceYoung10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:05 PM   #896
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not taking the bait tonight, Chum.

It's a shame you would feel that way, because your prescient insights are always valuable to me. I thought Van Horn did a pretty nice job in his time on the floor, but of course I am always open to critique from other, more experienced posters who can tell me how poorly he actually did.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #897
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Nowitness.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:07 PM   #898
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceYoung10
I agree,the man is in a desperate need of a tan.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:07 PM   #899
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
When he's invisible, it means that his man isn't scoring with reckless abandon. Which is kinda the point.

Watch the whole floor, not just the ball. You might learn something.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:07 PM   #900
Mavzy45

Mavzy45 will become famous soon enoughMavzy45 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I've got to get photoshop and learn to use it.....this is hilarious!

Mavzy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #901
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I didn't think Vanhorn was bad tonight. At least, I didn't notice anything that stood out. All the ticky tacky calls against Josh and Devin almost cost the Mavs the game though. Special thanks to Tim Thomas for igniting Dirk.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:10 PM   #902
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

Quote:
When he's invisible, it means that his man isn't scoring with reckless abandon. Which is kinda the point.

I have to disagree with you chum,he was slow on rotating around the pick and slow to defend the perimeter.
I seriously think Diop is better at defending the perimeter,at least he's longer.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:10 PM   #903
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

I'm trying not to be so negative.

Regarding KVH's time on the floor, though, I'll say this....

Diop was excellent. EVERY time he comes in, he alters the game---turns drives into jumpers, challenges Diaw's 15-footers, grabs rebounds.

Barkley, Smith and Miller have never sounded like bigger morons than when explaining how the Suns didn't care that Diop was in the game. He swings the momentum in the Mavericks' favor every time.

Totally appreciate his demeanor, how he doesn't lose his head like the more experienced players, but stays intense and focused.

Would love to see him be able to play 35mpg.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #904
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitzki_prophecy
I have to disagree with you chum,he was slow on rotating around the pick and slow to defend the perimeter.
I seriously think Diop is better at defending the perimeter,at least he's longer.
You might be right, but Diop can't play 48 minutes. Hell, he basically never played 30 minutes all season long. Diaw didn't do jack tonight, and Keith was a part of that.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #905
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

I think I will step over to spurs report and see how much the Suns were robbed in this game.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #906
VinceYoung10

Quote:

I notice when he is in the game Marion, Thomas and Diaw have a dunkfest. I notice when he is the game we get very few if any offense rebounds. I notice he gets 0 steals and alters zero shots. Pretty damn invisible if you ask me.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #907
Mavzy45

Mavzy45 will become famous soon enoughMavzy45 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
I didn't think Vanhorn was bad tonight. At least, I didn't notice anything that stood out. All the ticky tacky calls against Josh and Devin almost cost the Mavs the game though. Special thanks to Tim Thomas for igniting Dirk.
I too, was ticked at first, thinking we weren't getting any calls and that the Suns were getting away with everything. But it normally all evens out. Over at the Suns message board some of them are REALLY whining about the poor officiating. It's all the same everywhere!

Mavzy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #908
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Quote:
I notice when he is in the game Marion, Thomas and Diaw have a dunkfest. I notice when he is the game we get very few if any offense rebounds. I notice he gets 0 steals and alters zero shots. Pretty damn invisible if you ask me.
We are all witnesses.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:14 PM   #909
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
Don't forget that Howard was out of the game during that third quarter.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #910
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i did notice that KVH was invisible on rotations about 3 or 4 times. sure, dirk got beat at the top of the key, but KVH would be flatfooted, not moving.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #911
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's a shame you would feel that way, because your prescient insights are always valuable to me. I thought Van Horn did a pretty nice job in his time on the floor, but of course I am always open to critique from other, more experienced posters who can tell me how poorly he actually did.
ok, i'll take the bait on this. kvh consistently was late on rotations and did a terrible job of defending interior penetration when perimeter defenders were beat. he either made the incorrect rotation, or he was 3 steps late. he was in short, god awful on defense. thats not to say that dirk was any better on D, because in spurts he was terrible too, but for the life of me, i cannot begin to figure out why AJ insists on playing dirk and KVH out there together against the suns. this is just a terrible combination for us defensively.

what was his line again from the field? he seemed pretty unremarkable in his time out there.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #912
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i did notice that KVH was invisible on rotations about 3 or 4 times. sure, dirk got beat at the top of the key, but KVH would be flatfooted, not moving.
Actually, moving out of the way.

Evacuating, I believe, is the proper term. If he'd been mayor of New Orleans, there'd have been a whole lot less grief.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 06-01-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #913
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitzki_prophecy
Diop never once defended the perimeter in his life. If you think Van Horn is slow, go ahead and take a nap and wake up in time to watch Diop defend the perimeter.

Not that either are bad defensive players. They just need to be in different positions.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:18 PM   #914
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
You might be right, but Diop can't play 48 minutes. Hell, he basically never played 30 minutes all season long. Diaw didn't do jack tonight, and Keith was a part of that.
Why cant he?well at least 30-35 minutes.He had 2 fouls on 29 minutes of playing,and he doesn't really have to stay focused for those fade aways.
Diop is doing a much better job on Diaw than KVH,how many little hooks did Diaw get on Van Horn?It's that much tougher to do them on Diop.
Keith isn't even making Phoenix adjust,he isn't making the jumpers and he's getting punished by either Diaw or Thomas.
I think Diop should see as many minutes as he's effective in game 6,he's proving he can and should handle it.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:18 PM   #915
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
I think I will step over to spurs report and see how much the Suns were robbed in this game.
You got that mixed up. You'll want to pay a visit to clutchfans.net for that.

I didn't know Tim Thomas was featured in a videogame before:
Old 06-01-2006, 11:19 PM   #916
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Diop never once defended the perimeter in his life. If you think Van Horn is slow, go ahead and take a nap and wake up in time to watch Diop defend the perimeter.

Not that either are bad defensive players. They just need to be in different positions.
Diop defended the perimeter alot after picks and on Diaw from near the FT line,and he had much better results than KVH.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:20 PM   #917
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Van Horn played pretty decently.

Avery did a really nice job of getting the team to adjust its defense at the turning point in the game, when the Mavs were down 77-70. They started switching the pick and roll and forcing the Suns into contested forays toward the basket instead of allowing the open three pointers. They also cut off passing angles so that the Suns couldn't get easy layups for Diaw or Marion -- their only option was to have the guard (Nash or Barbosa) take a contested shot against a bigger player.

It was also key in the 4th quarter to have Howard on Nash. Even though he really scared me going under a couple of picks, he did a good job of preventing Nash from getting any quality looks.

Offensively, it was all about Dirk, with a dose of Howard thrown in. JET can't buy an outside shot, but he still played a pretty solid offensive game.

The Mavs need to focus on getting Dirk and Howard going early in Game 6. They are the guys that will carry this team to victory on offense.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #918
VinceYoung10

Van Horn is 11-31 in the series 2-13 from 3 land. ALLSOME!

4.4 boards, .5 assists, 0 steals (I REPEAT 0), .5 blocks a game!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!! Stud!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #919
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
i'll agree with this to some degree. we cant pair van horn with dirk out there. it simply allows too much penetration. i think van horn subbing in for dirk infrequently would be ok though.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #920
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

F the TERRIBLE officiating...seriously, could a Mav breathe in the first half?

F Nash and his crazy shots

F Tim Thomas and his 26 points

F their good 3pt shooting

F Benga's suspension (which is long than Antonio Davis' for what reason?)

F the league

F Raja Bell

Suck the Funs

and most of all...

how 'bout being at the AAC watching f'in Dirk drop 50 on his best bud
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote