Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-12-2024, 03:23 PM   #881
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming Pacers win-- they are kicking the crap out of the Knicks-- there will be five teams with two wins.

Mavs - Luka et al
Pacers - coached by Rick
Knicks - Brunson
Celtics - KP

Four out of the five have a Mavs connection.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2024, 06:24 PM   #882
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Pacers might advance. Knicks missing 3 starters is catching up to them.
Old 05-12-2024, 06:54 PM   #883
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Pacers might advance. Knicks missing 3 starters is catching up to them.
Slick Rick is hilarious. The guy goes from soooo terrible to suddenly being able to coach in 4 games.

I got issues with Kidd, but I'm glad we aren't on the RC rollercoaster anymore.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 07:48 PM   #884
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Slick Rick is hilarious. The guy goes from soooo terrible to suddenly being able to coach in 4 games.

I got issues with Kidd, but I'm glad we aren't on the RC rollercoaster anymore.
I for one always thought, even to the very end of his tenure here, that Rick was a pretty brilliant X's and O's coach. His rotations though, were often nonsensical and could blow not just games, but entire playoff series for us. He's also infamous for being one of the biggest assholes in the NBA and for being generally loathed by players. You can get away with that when the team is winning and the hate is accompanied by respect. When the team isn't winning though, the team will just tune you out and you'll lose the locker room really fast.

Kidd is tough to figure out. I think he's fine when it comes to game planning and calling plays out of timeouts and things like that. His rotations can also be very bad and detrimental to the team, although I think he's gotten better. I think my single biggest issue with Kidd is that he's way too slow to adjust when something isn't working. He eventually does, but we lose too many games in the meantime.

He does seem to know how to get the best out of his players though, gotta give him that. I was very skeptical of the hire, and he's driven me nuts many times, but we get to the conference finals in year one, year two is a disaster but I think that's more the FO's fault than his, and then year three the ship has been righted and things look really good. Might even get back to conference finals. 2 out of three years have been successful. He's doing something right.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 08:14 PM   #885
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I for one always thought, even to the very end of his tenure here, that Rick was a pretty brilliant X's and O's coach. His rotations though, were often nonsensical and could blow not just games, but entire playoff series for us. He's also infamous for being one of the biggest assholes in the NBA and for being generally loathed by players. You can get away with that when the team is winning and the hate is accompanied by respect. When the team isn't winning though, the team will just tune you out and you'll lose the locker room really fast.

Kidd is tough to figure out. I think he's fine when it comes to game planning and calling plays out of timeouts and things like that. His rotations can also be very bad and detrimental to the team, although I think he's gotten better. I think my single biggest issue with Kidd is that he's way too slow to adjust when something isn't working. He eventually does, but we lose too many games in the meantime.

He does seem to know how to get the best out of his players though, gotta give him that. I was very skeptical of the hire, and he's driven me nuts many times, but we get to the conference finals in year one, year two is a disaster but I think that's more the FO's fault than his, and then year three the ship has been righted and things look really good. Might even get back to conference finals. 2 out of three years have been successful. He's doing something right.
Well said.

Kidd got what he wanted with defenders and big men finally and has lived up to his end by making it work for the most part.

In fact, I don't think the Mavs have ever played this type of defense since I've been following the team. Maybe 2011 which was a good but not like a great defensive team. Other than that, this is the defense we all dreamed of. And everyone has bought into playing it.

I saw a stat that the Mavs were 10 points better per possession defensively when Lively was on the floor this series. That's insane, and they need to keep relying on the young pup. He really is that good defensively.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-12-2024 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2024, 09:55 AM   #886
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep home court advantage and win b.a.m.n

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 05:11 PM   #887
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight will be an interesting game for OKC. PJ has been lighting it up and it is clear their game plan was to let him take those shots. Does OKC make an adjustment, and if so what would that be? Other than Dirty Dort, they really do not have a wing that is strong and long enough to guard PJ unless they try Jaylin Williams at PF (along with Holmgren at the 5). If they play PJ tighter, does that open things up for Luka and Kai? Or maybe tonight is the night DJJ puts on a highlight reel performance.

Mavs need to come out strong because OKC is going to be even more physical in game#4. If the Mavs can take the first punch or two and keep it close, then I think they go on to win it.

The X factor could be Holmgren from the 3pt line. He was 37% during the regular season and is shooting below 25% against the Mavs.

Last edited by purplefrog; 05-13-2024 at 05:14 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 05:32 PM   #888
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to win tonight and finish them off. Go up 3-1 and finish them Wednesday.

The longer we go, the more chance we have of luck running out and/or Luka going down for the count. Take care of business, because there is a real chance of losing this series.

If we somehow win this series, we will need all the rest we can get to prepare and get as healthy as possible.
Old 05-13-2024, 06:10 PM   #889
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I feel a loss tonight, but not really going to freak out about it. I think the Thunder have taken a beating from the media and will come out strong.

Luka still hasn't really had a good game for ages now. He is also due a good one, hurt or not.

If they take away PJ, then the team will struggle. Other guys need to step up.

Old 05-13-2024, 06:14 PM   #890
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Tonight will be an interesting game for OKC. PJ has been lighting it up and it is clear their game plan was to let him take those shots. Does OKC make an adjustment, and if so what would that be? Other than Dirty Dort, they really do not have a wing that is strong and long enough to guard PJ unless they try Jaylin Williams at PF (along with Holmgren at the 5). If they play PJ tighter, does that open things up for Luka and Kai? Or maybe tonight is the night DJJ puts on a highlight reel performance.

Mavs need to come out strong because OKC is going to be even more physical in game#4. If the Mavs can take the first punch or two and keep it close, then I think they go on to win it.

The X factor could be Holmgren from the 3pt line. He was 37% during the regular season and is shooting below 25% against the Mavs.
Not sure why their coach would change game plan now. Games have been close aside from game 1. They cant afford to tightn up on PJ yet have Luka and Kai get hot.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 06:14 PM   #891
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Feels like a big Kyrie game incoming. But it is the number 1 seed. I expect them to come out swinging. Mavs have to survive the first quarter
Old 05-13-2024, 06:22 PM   #892
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

I think we are getting signature Luka today. Let's go up 3-1. Kyrie will keep the closeout record going.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 08:41 PM   #893
Melonhead
Guru

Funny enough that might?ve been two of Dorts softest fouls of the whole series and they called both
Old 05-13-2024, 08:44 PM   #894
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I know he got fouled, but our bigs gotta convert these alley oops.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 08:44 PM   #895
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Luka locked up SGA
Old 05-13-2024, 08:45 PM   #896
Melonhead
Guru

They look good to start
Old 05-13-2024, 08:45 PM   #897
BPo001
Diamond Member

How was that not a charge lol
Old 05-13-2024, 08:46 PM   #898
Melonhead
Guru

Luka looks fresh ish, playing inside out

im getting post trade matchup feels
Old 05-13-2024, 08:49 PM   #899
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Damn Lively didnt have to do them like that
Old 05-13-2024, 08:51 PM   #900
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I worry that when it's easy we fall asleep but

HELL YEAH
Old 05-13-2024, 08:53 PM   #901
Melonhead
Guru

Do not let up. Step on their neck
Old 05-13-2024, 08:54 PM   #902
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

another rough scoring night for Luka

29% and 25%
Old 05-13-2024, 08:55 PM   #903
Melonhead
Guru

Sloppy and now lively is hurt damnit
Old 05-13-2024, 08:56 PM   #904
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Luka seems like he has 0 lift on his jumpshot. Almost like he?s shooting a line drive.
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 08:56 PM   #905
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Lively injured
Old 05-13-2024, 08:56 PM   #906
Melonhead
Guru

Exum is virtually unplayable. I don?t even trust him to dribble now
Old 05-13-2024, 08:56 PM   #907
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

4+ straight points from them
Old 05-13-2024, 08:57 PM   #908
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTmoney2424 View Post
Luka seems like he has 0 lift on his jumpshot. Almost like he?s shooting a line drive.
Looked like the defender altered that shot cause it was a straight line for sure
Old 05-13-2024, 09:01 PM   #909
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

10-3 run

Taking the foot off the gas
Old 05-13-2024, 09:02 PM   #910
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Five TOs in the first quarter
Old 05-13-2024, 09:02 PM   #911
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Five TOs in the first quarter
Old 05-13-2024, 09:02 PM   #912
Melonhead
Guru

Need that Luka and Kyrie penetration again.
Old 05-13-2024, 09:03 PM   #913
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Exum is virtually unplayable. I don?t even trust him to dribble now
I need a lot more of this. Whatever you did worked.
Old 05-13-2024, 09:03 PM   #914
Melonhead
Guru

Exummmmmm
Old 05-13-2024, 09:03 PM   #915
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

GAFFORDDDDDD
Old 05-13-2024, 09:05 PM   #916
Melonhead
Guru

Great defense to close the quarter. Great defense the whole quarter
Old 05-13-2024, 09:05 PM   #917
BPo001
Diamond Member

Landlord showing up tonight!
Old 05-13-2024, 09:06 PM   #918
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

This team is such a trip.

Kyrie 0pts
Luka shooting 29%, 25% from three
Losing the TO battle 5-2

Up 10
Old 05-13-2024, 09:06 PM   #919
Melonhead
Guru

Something that I noticed from game 1 to tonight

When shai drove baseline in game 1, Luka was slow to help and he was in the charge circle by the time Shai went up for a layup.

Tonight as soon as Shai got around his man Luka was out past the charge circle and forced him to pass. Locked in
Old 05-13-2024, 09:11 PM   #920
Melonhead
Guru

Ugh come on Mavs you can pull away